PDA

View Full Version : PSU: PC vs PS2

Xero_Sigma
Sep 18, 2006, 07:32 AM
I'm planning on getting PSU for the PS2. I personaly believe it would be easier to manage PSU on a console and have less to deal with (for a computer is complex). But when it comes to things like data storage and limitations...what's the better deal? Can anyone please pass their views on the situation and explain why you choose to play PSU on whatever console your getting it for?

PS. Does anyone know if your character for the PS2 is saved on the mem. card or the server? For someone may want to switch between PC and PS2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xero_Sigma on 2006-09-18 05:40 ]</font>

Miyoko
Sep 18, 2006, 07:35 AM
PC PSU > PS2 PSU. Many reasons -- already has a keyboard, higher resolution, gaming PCs are much faster and prettier than PS2s (and they don't have to be uber, either), already connected to the net, more choices for game pads, optional things like Teamspeak and vent, possible downloads, etc. etc...

... Unless your PC sucks. Then obviously, PS2 PSU > PC PSU.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 18, 2006, 09:31 AM
Ditto

Fleece
Sep 18, 2006, 10:19 AM
Online characters are server side, PC is obviously better for data storage but if you prefer consoles and dont want to buy a joypad for your PC as well as mess around with the graphics trying to get it to run Id suggest stick with your console roots.

If you have a slimline PS2 you just need to hook it to the net and get a Keyboard

If you have a pc its already on the net but youll need a joypad and to play with the graphics a little.

hypersaxon
Sep 18, 2006, 10:31 AM
Also helps to check out your system specs and compare it to the PSU minimum requirements. If you can pass that, then by all means go for PC.

Although I'll still be playing console games, mainly because they don't come out on PC, I've started to get into PC gaming a lot over the past few months. The thing I like most about PC gaming is 1.) you have more control over what your games look like (better looking graphics VS higher framerate) and 2.) you have more control over the specifications of your machine, so if you don't really care too much about insane graphics and just want to run games with the same quality as a standard TV, you can buy a cheap PC with a decent graphics card and it will most likely outperform game consoles without any worries of game freezing and cheap components. Then if you feel like upgrading, you can save up and do that later instead of having to fork all the money over right away.

That's the one thing that will bug me about console gaming, is that no matter how powerful the systems get, there's always gonna be crap framerates and slowdown, freezing up, and other problems that should have been eliminated by now, all because the manufacturer wanted to cut the cost by making an inferior product. With PCs if your game is running like crap, it's your own damn fault lol

Zarbolord
Sep 18, 2006, 10:32 AM
PC! I don't have a PS2 and I'm not counting on buying one. So for me it's a one choice thing. But you might aswell just take PC because *all the stuff above* and you can take screenshots too, which will be uber cool. Couldn't do that on PSO GC, so I'm gonna try to make vids and screenshots.

Nuclearranger
Sep 18, 2006, 10:41 AM
PC will *im going to get flamed for this*
Have the best graphics of all the systems even the 360. Yes the system runs the game at full but the PC with an awsome monitor can go up to about 2600-1800
The 360 im sure can handle that its just that the PC accualy has the option to do so.
Allthough this is about PS2- PC so

PS2 Runs at low textures and 640-400
PC even with my X600 ATI It has to be like a 50$ card now. It plays the game at 800-600 with everything turned on and frame skip at one.

zofia
Sep 18, 2006, 12:37 PM
I pre-orded the PS2 version and the PC version yesterday. =P

I'm going to use my PS2 for offline and my PC version for online.

Deprimenthia
Sep 18, 2006, 12:38 PM
Darn people with jobs and such http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDIT: *cough* Stupid VF smilies spoiling me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deprimenthia on 2006-09-18 11:24 ]</font>

zofia
Sep 18, 2006, 01:00 PM
^ Hehe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Phaze37
Sep 18, 2006, 03:16 PM
and you can take screenshots too, which will be uber cool. Couldn't do that on PSO GC

Actually you could take screenshots in the gamecube version. However, in PSU only the PC version will have that ability. Personally I'm getting both versions. I'll play it on PC at home, but I can bring the PS2 version to a friend's house and play online with my PC characters without having to install PSU on his computer. Or if a friend with his own PSU account visits me at my house, he can play PSU with me on my PS2 while I play right next to him on my PC. I'll be playing it on my PC because the load times are faster and after I get more RAM there will be very little if any slowdown.

Losodo1976
Sep 18, 2006, 04:52 PM
PC ftw!

I wonder if they'll port it over to PS3? Ah, that would be tight! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: Actually, since it would just run on PS3 natively because it runs on PS2 I suppose that wouldn't make much sense... but even though it could run on PS3 doesn't mean it would be optimized for PS3.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Losodo1976 on 2006-09-18 14:54 ]</font>