PDA

View Full Version : 360 graphics flawed??

Tetzuro
Sep 18, 2006, 11:45 AM
ive been hearing that ps2's psu looks much better then 360s, and that 360's is a high depth game just that backgrounds get blurred and can become annoying?? is this true?

Deprimenthia
Sep 18, 2006, 12:10 PM
Er? Where? Ive heard nothing but great things about 360's graphics for PSU.

Tetzuro
Sep 18, 2006, 12:17 PM
ign's preview

Eclypse
Sep 18, 2006, 12:29 PM
Once again we have another person using the IGN preview as a measuring stick for how the 360 looks. Tetzuro, you have to also take into account that IGN is playing with an unfinished version of the 360 game so you can't base anything off that preview. They are basically using the PS2 version on the 360 which will mean it will look like ass until it is optimized for the 360.

Pacpunk
Sep 18, 2006, 12:31 PM
it's not done cut them some slack

SephYuyX
Sep 18, 2006, 12:32 PM
On 2006-09-18 10:29, Eclypse wrote:
Once again we have another person using the IGN preview as a measuring stick

Gonna stop you there and QFT.

IGN is a horrible place to give any sort of credibility to.

Eclypse
Sep 18, 2006, 12:33 PM
IGN and Gamespot are terrible in my opinion. Both sites are so biased that it isn't even funny. IGN should be renamed SonyGN for all the greatness they heap on Sony and low-ball everyone else.

kassy
Sep 18, 2006, 03:20 PM
IGN never said PS2's graphics were "better", they said the graphics looked "most comfortable on the PS2"; which is understandable given that the whole game's graphics engine was built with the PS2's capabilities and resolution in mind.

Essentially the x360 version is the PS2's gfx engine running at a much higher resolution and probably with all the little extra gfx touches found in the PC version (such as LOD/draw distance etc.) cranked to full, while the added res will make the game clearer it's not going to magically improve the textures (IGN's "blurry" remark) or add a higher polygon count (IGN's digits looking like "steak fries" remark).

We also have no idea what build version that IGN writer was referring to, as people have said it could be a very early build, many in-development games/ports have frame rate issues that get ironed out before release, you can be sure as hell the 360's 720p version will look better than the ugly 640x480 PS2 version, unless you actually prefer playing games at lower resolutions :/

Saner
Sep 18, 2006, 03:24 PM
there have been normal Xbox ported games that seemed visually blurred or slighty not so polished. hopefully PSU looks good and sharp enough on Xbox360.

blurriness for the sake of higher resolution is not a fair tradeoff.

Tetzuro
Sep 18, 2006, 03:39 PM
well that figures, i knew that version they had wasent tweaked for 360, ign does suck.... i only trust famitsu and EGM

Killuminati
Sep 18, 2006, 03:56 PM
EGM is very biased to only trust yourself.

Anyway I can't wait for them to make the next game in the series built for the PS3. I hope they for once use the power of PS3 in full to get some good graphics out of the game. I know graphics aren't everything but they sure do add a nice touch.

Losodo1976
Sep 18, 2006, 04:46 PM
On 2006-09-18 13:56, Killuminati wrote:

Anyway I can't wait for them to make the next game in the series built for the PS3.

Mmmmm, PS3. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Diablohead
Sep 18, 2006, 04:55 PM
I imagne the "blur in the distance" is DoF coming into play for when something is miles away, im sure it will be done well but most people prefer a solid 100% crisp image even if its not realistic or not, just think of focus blur.

qoxolg
Sep 18, 2006, 05:00 PM
I don't know where people get their fairy tales from that the PS3 will produce ÜBarzz GRPIXX11!!?

Graphicly the PS3 and 360 are on par, PS3 got better processor and 360 a better GPU.

And by now you should know Sonic Team better... Sonic Team is lazy and uses one and the same core engine for years! ever noticed that Sonic Adventure and PSO kindoff look the same and got the same clipping and slowdown problems on PC's? it's because they used the same engine from 1998 (Sonic Adventure) till 2004/5 (blueburst).

So the PS3 version will probably be a ported 360 version.

Saner
Sep 18, 2006, 05:05 PM
PS3 is not worth its price anyways. and it's way behind the Xbox360 in gaming library. and who knows the problems PS3 consumers will have. all new systems have their first year of issues

maybe when it drops to like 150-200 dollars maybe.

ShinMaruku
Sep 18, 2006, 05:16 PM
All this PS3 hate although it's proving itself.. but as price is the only issue Sony should move on it.
Then I'd see what the haters would bitch about.. (I'll put nothing pass mankind)

McLaughlin
Sep 18, 2006, 05:26 PM
On 2006-09-18 15:16, ShinMaruku wrote:
All this PS3 hate although it's proving itself.. but as price is the only issue Sony should move on it.
Then I'd see what the haters would bitch about.. (I'll put nothing pass mankind)

The useless Blu Ray player, the craptastic library (In my opinion), the lack of a Rumble feature, the includance of the shit-ay 6 dimensional tilt, the lack of HDMI support (in the affordable pack), Sony's arrogance, Sony itself.

Don't act like it's perfect. It's going to tank. Deal with it.

peenk
Sep 18, 2006, 05:38 PM
I am with ShinMaruku.
PS3 sounds like it will be a good platform if you have the money.
Speculating now is pointless.

qoxolg
Sep 18, 2006, 05:56 PM
I can't stand the arrogance of Sony either..

But the PS3's hardware is worth the money, It's just that I don't need a blu-ray player. Games won't get much larger anymore for 2 reasons: 1) Consoles are limited to their hardware, so they won't be getting higher-res textures than the hardware is supporting. 2) If a games would have to get even bigger it would take to long to develope. 3) since the Next-gen hardware is very strong their is no need of pointless MPEG2 encoded FMV sequences...
And for movies: HD-DVD is enough for 1080p already, people are always forgetting that todays DVD's are using an inferieur "compression" technique called MPEG2... H.264 can get you 3 to 4 times smaller files with the same quality.

I don't need a cell-processor! remember the "Grpahics Synthesizer" in the PS2 that was faster than the XBOX that would come years later?? and since when is the CPU more important than the GPU in games??

Those were some of the reasons why I choose the 360, and ofcourse because of Sonic next-gen, Dead or Alive 4, PSU, Kameo, Saints Row, Gears of War, UT2007, TDU, Lost Planet and lots of other games that I am waiting for..

And if I wan't tilting, I will (ab)use the Sudden Motion Sensor in my iBook http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif MacSaber fights @ school are FTW!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: qoxolg on 2006-09-18 16:02 ]</font>

Yachiru
Sep 18, 2006, 05:57 PM
On 2006-09-18 15:05, Saner wrote:
PS3 is not worth its price anyways. and it's way behind the Xbox360 in gaming library. and who knows the problems PS3 consumers will have. all new systems have their first year of issues

maybe when it drops to like 150-200 dollars maybe.

True. Do you know how many people had problems with their PS2's? Too many to count, that's for sure.

jarek99
Sep 18, 2006, 06:08 PM
It's also a well known fact that the IGN folks are a bunch of PS2 sunshine pumpers.