PDA

View Full Version : PSU 360 Details

hucast360
Sep 18, 2006, 03:04 PM
Hey All,

I recently found out some details about this game from my place of work... I did not even know about the game until it came up in a meeting. I loved PSO on Dreamcast and remembered this awesome site, so thought I'd share some details with you all!

PSU on 360 does not, in any way, connect to the other PSU servers.
It's as if it was a stand alone game. This is due to 4 main things:

- Xbox Live Voice Chat
- Microsoft Points Powered Subscription
- Exclusive Quests
- Player names tied to GamerTag (Both Silver & Gold)

I am really glad to find this site is ready for PSU. I personaly have preorderd it and can't wait to Jump In http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Deprimenthia
Sep 18, 2006, 03:05 PM
Player names are tied to gamertags? What the hell? O_O So, if we make more than one character, their name will still be the same? =/

prismsub5
Sep 18, 2006, 03:06 PM
- Microsoft Points Powered Subscription, wouldn't that make the montly cost even more expensive because Microsoft gets a %share off every Microsoft point sold?

I still wonder why Voice Chat gets in the list of main incompatible things, i mean, don't PC and PS2 have support for headsets? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Darijuana
Sep 18, 2006, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the update. Good work on your research!

Darijuana
Sep 18, 2006, 03:09 PM
Microsoft points powered subscription? How did you come by this information....? It could be a very interesting develpment in the shape of things...

Phoenix_Black
Sep 18, 2006, 03:15 PM
On 2006-09-18 13:05, Deprimenthia wrote:
Player names are tied to gamertags? What the hell? O_O So, if we make more than one character, their name will still be the same? =/

I'm wondering the same.

hucast360
Sep 18, 2006, 03:16 PM
The price didn't come up actualy. I will bring it up if I get the chance! I'll bet that it's the same as other platforms. Everyone company has to pay someone to handle payment, and MS make the points system pretty attractive.

Deprimenthia, as far as I know, yes, that is how it works.

Saner
Sep 18, 2006, 03:20 PM
On 2006-09-18 13:06, prismsub5 wrote:
- Microsoft Points Powered Subscription, wouldn't that make the montly cost even more expensive because Microsoft gets a %share off every Microsoft point sold?

I still wonder why Voice Chat gets in the list of main incompatible things, i mean, don't PC and PS2 have support for headsets? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

because most PC and PS2 gamers don't need or care or whine for headset. they still enjoy games like FF11 and more online without headset. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

but this gamertag linked to your PSU name/partner card bothers me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Oh well I'll just make a new GamerTag specifically for PSU since PSU accepts free Silver accounts anyways. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Do you have a viable source for the information concerning an MS point based subscription?

wow if that's true, I can just buy Microsoft Points and spent those to pay for the PSU online fee! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

hopefully it's true Microsoft Points can be used for that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-09-18 13:21 ]</font>

Darijuana
Don't be silly. Your character's name won't share the name of your gamertag. Also hucast360 where exactly do you work? Do you have a viable source for the information concerning an MS point based subscription?

ProfessorZ
On 2006-09-18 13:15, Phoenix_Black wrote:

On 2006-09-18 13:05, Deprimenthia wrote:

I'm wondering the same.

No its gonna be like FFXI, so if you ever wanted to play with your characters at someone else's house, you would need to have your XBL account on his HDD, the game ID will not be enough. THIS COULD MEAN IT 360 VERSION WILL BE FREE!!!!FREE!!!

hucast360
Sep 18, 2006, 03:36 PM
The reason for the Microsoft Points payment is so that us guys in and all over europe dont have to sort out another payment system. MS Points make is so easy to accept local payment methods and even scratch cards from a game store. It would cost more NOT to use them and more people will be able to access the game online.

Darijuana
Sep 18, 2006, 03:42 PM
While I understand the reasoning behind your statement I will not consider it to be Sega's take on the matter. This is merely speculation by yourself and your colleagues and until you provide a source or some kind of convincing explaination of how you came by this information I will treat it as such.

Cross
Sep 18, 2006, 03:49 PM
I really doubt that it's going to make any difference. Provided that this is true (and it doesn't seem too far-fetched), i'd imagine that the monthly subscription would be 800 or 1000, depending on whether the fee on other platforms is around $10 or $12.

Also, 'names tied to GamerTag' seems less like your character being named your GamerTag, and more like that information just appearing. On the PC/PS2 versions, you can cycle through ways to display names - Undisplayed, Character name only, Character name and Level, or Account ID number. GamerTags would probably either replace the ID number, or just be another option in the cycle.

hucast360
Sep 18, 2006, 03:53 PM
On 2006-09-18 13:42, Darijuana wrote:
While I understand the reasoning behind your statement I will not consider it to be Sega's take on the matter. This is merely speculation by yourself and your colleagues and until you provide a source or some kind of convincing explaination of how you came by this information I will treat it as such.

you do that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Darijuana
Sep 18, 2006, 03:54 PM
^ Let me guess....You work at EBGames? No, Gamestop?

tiki-man
Sep 18, 2006, 03:54 PM
if this is true and its powered by points, then ill be so happy cause i doubt anyone would use a credit card or anything else for me to play online

McLaughlin
Sep 18, 2006, 03:56 PM
I think Gamer Tags will be used in place of Sega accounts. Your characters will be on your Gamer Tag, so if you want to use them at a friend's house, you'll need your GT.

I'm bad at explaining what I mean >_<

hucast360
Sep 18, 2006, 03:57 PM
On 2006-09-18 13:54, Darijuana wrote:
^ Let me guess....You work at EBGames? No, Gamestop?

lol. nope... those guys have meetings?

I thought all the EB's turned into GAME stores anyway... and I've never even seen a GameStop before!

Sev
Sep 18, 2006, 04:01 PM
On 2006-09-18 13:04, hucast360 wrote:
Hey All,

I recently found out some details about this game from my place of work... I did not even know about the game until it came up in a meeting. I loved PSO on Dreamcast and remembered this awesome site, so thought I'd share some details with you all!

- Xbox Live Voice Chat
- Exclusive Quests

I am really glad to find this site is ready for PSU. I personaly have preorderd it and can't wait to Jump In http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the info.

As you can see, most of us will have to wait til we get something more official but if this is true then it's great news for X360 users.

Really is a shame that we can't all play together though, oh well... Whatevers best.

Darijuana
Sep 18, 2006, 04:01 PM
Sorry, I mistook you for an American.

Minswune
Sep 18, 2006, 04:04 PM
Interesting info

And for those concerned with the character info tied to your gamer tag, more then likely it'll work in the same way FFXI does, you tie your sega account to it, or use it in place of your sega account, then proceed to log into the game from there, then select/make characters. (Your characters don't need to have the same name as your gamer tag). I think they just do it that way to make the achievements and such work easier.

tiki-man
Sep 18, 2006, 04:06 PM
On 2006-09-18 14:01, Sev wrote:

On 2006-09-18 13:04, hucast360 wrote:
Hey All,

- Xbox Live Voice Chat
- Exclusive Quests

Thanks for the info.

As you can see, most of us will have to wait til we get something more official but if this is true then it's great news for X360 users.

Really is a shame that we can't all play together though, oh well... Whatevers best.

i know what you mean ill miss all those ps2 and pc guys hopefully some were down the road we will all hav one server, if not hopefully the 360 has a big community

Ryoga4523
Sep 18, 2006, 04:19 PM
Can you play PSU with just a silver account???

Phoenix_Black
Sep 18, 2006, 04:27 PM
Yes, it's been stated numerous times that a Silver account is usable.

Will there be any walkthroughs on how to set up your account or whatever. I've never set up an account, online, on any system. Is there a walkthrough I can look at, for just the Xbox Live, right now?

Saner
Sep 18, 2006, 04:31 PM
You know microsoft points, those points are pretty worthless to anyone except Microsoft I think, because buying microsoft points, you are basically paying MIcrosoft, not Sega.

so I'm not sure if it's believable that we'll be able to pay the PSU fee with microsoft points, because MS points to Sega is like the Bison dollars in Street Fighter movie! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sega Sagat: "this 'moneyyy" isn't worth the paper it's printed on.."

Microsoft Bison: "on the contrary, every Bison dollar will be worth 5 British pounds.
That is the exchange rate the bank of England will set once I kidnap their queen." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-09-18 14:32 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Sep 18, 2006, 04:35 PM
On 2006-09-18 14:27, Phoenix_Black wrote:
Yes, it's been stated numerous times that a Silver account is usable.

Will there be any walkthroughs on how to set up your account or whatever. I've never set up an account, online, on any system. Is there a walkthrough I can look at, for just the Xbox Live, right now?

The Xbox explains every step to you. It isn't hard at all. Just have a credit card handy, your email address, and if your below 18 you need your parent's email address (just has to be an account with the age over 18).

Darijuana
Sep 18, 2006, 04:35 PM
Sega and Microsoft boffins are all gentlemen. I'm sure they can come to some kind of agreement.

Saner
Sep 18, 2006, 04:38 PM
I never tried it since I subscribed for Xbox Live Gold right away.

but if I make a new gametag and sign up for silver account, do I need to have a credit card anyways to sign up for silver? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Im too lazy to check right now since PSU is still quite a weeks away.

McLaughlin
Sep 18, 2006, 04:41 PM
I would think so. They still need your billing information for when you purchase Marketplace points.

Diablohead
Sep 18, 2006, 04:41 PM
The marketplace points to buy things, the cash doesnt all go to MS otherwise games with expansions would have no reason to be downloadable on the 360 if there was no profit. Im sure MS take a small degree of payment but not the full lot.

I expect paying monthly for psu with MS points would me slightly more expensive then a credit card method.

qoxolg
Sep 18, 2006, 04:47 PM
Microsoft points whould save me! In the Netherlands (and lots of other EU countries) we don't use Credit Cards to pay things. We got a bank account and a PIN-card. And paying online can be done with internet banking.

The most logical reason that the 360 is seperated, would be because of the Achievements. If someone with his lv200 hunter he got on the PC version and than logs on, on your 360, you would have unlocked Achievement #21.. at least that made sense to me...

Microsoft points are almost sounding to good to be true..

Saner
Sep 18, 2006, 04:49 PM
ya MS points would definitely be really useful this way than wasting it on useless picture packs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Misaki Ki
Sep 18, 2006, 04:52 PM
On 2006-09-18 13:20, Saner wrote:

because most PC and PS2 gamers don't need or care or whine for headset. they still enjoy games like FF11 and more online without headset. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Perhaps, but I would guess it is merely the response to 360 users and their standard for voice chat. I would even be willing to bet the argument that PC and PS2 users don't need or care for voice chat seems to be one of self justification.

As to why it goes on a list of incompatible things, Voice Chat isn't a standard on those two platforms.

wow if that's true, I can just buy Microsoft Points and spent those to pay for the PSU online fee! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, I agree. I could buy the points at a store. I prefer not to use credit cards unless I need to. It would be nice if I could manually purchase PSU by the month, and when it runs out I could decide if I wanted to pay right away or hold out a week if I'm not playing. Its much faster than this way, and easier than the alternative.

As to your later post, I would guess that the points work similar to credit. I have to pay the credit card company for what I spend, not the person who I bought the item from.

On 2006-09-18 14:06, tiki-man wrote
i know what you mean ill miss all those ps2 and pc guys hopefully some were down the road we will all hav one server, if not hopefully the 360 has a big community

I wouldn't mind if the 360 users where able to hop servers. You know, go between the 360 server, or the PC/PS2 server. Any problems against this would be because of Micrsoft's or Sega's choices in deciding things.

Anyway, you don't need a credit card for silver membership. I have like what, 20 silver memberships... what?

darthplagis
Sep 18, 2006, 04:56 PM
wow just what i was hoping for with the MS points system, hope it comes thru. sega already has a sweet deal with MS with MSpoints as chrome hounds has some cool downloads already (paid and free)and its only been out like 2 month (uk) i really dont see any problem with them putting a HL on the sysem too it makes sense as its all done via the 360 no need for credid cards and stuff so that reduces fraud.

and yeah its REAL easy to set up an Xbox LIVE account as long as the thing is connected to the net even then im sure you can get a silver one by filling out the online form @ xbox.com

Saner
Sep 18, 2006, 04:58 PM
LOL oh thanks.

ya I really would like the Xbox360 option to jump between Xbox360 and PC/PS2 servers. that would be wonderful!

but there is rumor of Xbox360 exclusive missions/quests (which seems unfair to the other systems, even if they get exclusive missions too.)

I dunno they gotta keep our options comfy and rewarding. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

right now Xbox360 version has to be as solid as possible in visuals and performance. no blurriness or saturation or whatever for the sake of resolution.

A2K
Sep 18, 2006, 05:20 PM
Hmm, I'll wait for an official source. I accept that the 360 servers are separated, but I don't think they have to stay that way. There are lots of rather easy workarounds for the items mentioned.

Tetzuro
Sep 18, 2006, 05:41 PM
if u pay using the mspoints system then the game/s monthly fee is roughly 8.00 dollars or 12 cause well the 2 lowest amounts to buy start at those prices

Pacpunk
Sep 18, 2006, 05:43 PM
OMG MICROSOFT POINTS WORK AS SUBSCRIPTION. TISS A GOOD DAY im gonna go dance be back in 5 minutes.

Kers
Sep 18, 2006, 06:28 PM
Ack, I didn't want any complications with MS in the subscription plans; I'm totally fine with the PC/PS2 structure.

I remember a monthly fee alternative someone thought of: PSU updates could be bought in the XBL marketplace.
I'd hate it, but if MS points are used as the payment plan, I think that would be a sensible possibility. But, paying a monthly fee in MS points would be annoying because you'd have to keep dumping points in your profile.

If the MS point system is used, my guess is that we'd be paying MS and they'd pay Sega. So, the 360 monthly fee/charge per update could be whatever MS asks?

I don't like the possibilities, but I think the fee should be the same as the PC/PS2 version's.

Inspektahdek
Sep 18, 2006, 06:36 PM
I was actually going to purchase a 360 for this game recently discovered my PC alienware laptop runs psu like a champ!

- Xbox Live Voice Chat- no fucking way I wanna hear little kids talking, let alone play with them
- Microsoft Points Powered Subscription- That's "IF" its implemented
- Exclusive Quests- so PC will not receive downloadable quests similar to these? yea right
- Player names tied to GamerTag (Both Silver & Gold)- gay

prismsub5
Sep 18, 2006, 06:48 PM
On 2006-09-18 14:47, qoxolg wrote:
Microsoft points whould save me! In the Netherlands (and lots of other EU countries) we don't use Credit Cards to pay things. We got a bank account and a PIN-card. And paying online can be done with internet banking.

I have a CC, but my bank charges 1.50 euro extra for every transfer *pokes rabobank >.>* http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

A2K
Sep 18, 2006, 06:54 PM
On 2006-09-18 16:36, Inspektahdek wrote:
I was actually going to purchase a 360 for this game...

- Xbox Live Voice Chat- no fucking way I wanna hear little kids talking, let alone play with them

You were planning to get the 360 version but weren't expecting voice chat? What?

Yachiru
Sep 18, 2006, 06:59 PM
On 2006-09-18 16:54, A2K wrote:

I was actually going to purchase a 360 for this game...

You were planning to get the 360 version but weren't expecting voice chat? What?

Exactly what I was thinking.

McLaughlin
Sep 18, 2006, 07:24 PM
I was actually going to purchase a 360 for this game recently discovered my PC alienware laptop runs psu like a champ!

- Microsoft Points Powered Subscription- That's "IF" its implemented
- Exclusive Quests- so PC will not receive downloadable quests similar to these? yea right
- Player names tied to GamerTag (Both Silver & Gold)- gay

You don't think immature children will be on other consoles? Just because you can't hear them doesn't mean they aren't there.

Good thing you aren't getting it for the 360. I won't have to deal with you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zeta on 2006-09-18 17:31 ]</font>

Misaki Ki
Sep 18, 2006, 07:26 PM

I'll give you the voice chat point (everyone else, think FFXI) but keep in mind there are just as many annoying adults online as there are kids. You shouldn't base everything you know about something on rants.

What concerns me is how you think that you won't be playing with kids if you don't use voice.

Oji_Retta
Sep 18, 2006, 07:45 PM
I think its the hearing part inspek is referring to. I personally find certain voices to be annoying. I find players easier to deal with on text so I don't have to know if they are kids or adults or if their voice is whiny or not.

tomkat492
Sep 18, 2006, 07:48 PM

but this gamertag linked to your PSU name/partner card bothers me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Oh well I'll just make a new GamerTag specifically for PSU since PSU accepts free Silver accounts anyways. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Do you have a viable source for the information concerning an MS point based subscription?

No no no, you got it all wrong, its like the xbox version of PSO, basically, instead of having to do for example Username:Saner Password:Bakalakadakastreet, it does all that for you, only downfall is, ur acct is only on ur hard drive, you cant goto your buddy's house and put an account name.

Darijuana
Sep 18, 2006, 08:23 PM
Is that really Saner's password? Mine is orcnoobian or something....

Tystys
Sep 18, 2006, 08:28 PM
What's with the huge friggin gap in the post? O_O

Darijuana
Sep 18, 2006, 09:09 PM
^Don't know... Maybe my cat pressed the 'enter' key 8 or 9 times.... :/

hypersaxon
Sep 18, 2006, 09:20 PM
On 2006-09-18 17:48, tomkat492 wrote:

No no no, you got it all wrong, its like the xbox version of PSO, basically, instead of having to do for example Username:Saner Password:Bakalakadakastreet, it does all that for you, only downfall is, ur acct is only on ur hard drive, you cant goto your buddy's house and put an account name.

Actually, you can go to your buddy's house and get your Gamertag easily.

A. Transfer via memory card.
B. Xbox Live Account Recovery.

Did it over at my friend's house, no problem.

ProfessorZ
Sep 18, 2006, 11:09 PM
Hey there's always private chat

Misaki Ki
Sep 19, 2006, 03:12 AM
On 2006-09-18 17:45, Oji_Retta wrote:
I think its the hearing part inspek is referring to. I personally find certain voices to be annoying. I find players easier to deal with on text so I don't have to know if they are kids or adults or if their voice is whiny or not.

My bad, I took the wrong meaning from your words. I too find some voices to be annoying, as to which they probably differ from your's. Either way, I can see where you're coming from.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NeoTwilight on 2006-09-19 01:16 ]</font>

darthplagis
Sep 19, 2006, 03:50 AM
yeah its pretty easy to use gamertags on other systems, hell even the official 360 mag over here(UK) has a compo where your tag is used by the office GIMP for a month to rack up gamer points.

i really dont mind the idea of voice chat, cos back in the v2 days i could tell where a person was from and how old they were (mentally hehe) just by the way they typed (or used short keys) my only problem is with americans not being to understand my and others regional accent (im a geordie for those that know and scots would have trouble too) thats why i loved the short keys on DC and GC ok i could type fast but i didnt NEED my keyboard.

TremorChrist
Sep 19, 2006, 12:37 PM
- Xbox Live Voice Chat

Meh, I'll only VC with people on my friends list. I got a keyboard to use otherwise. Course it won't help with non FL people talking to me.

I like the idea.

- Exclusive Quests

Hopefully this leads to other exclusive content, like a battle mode (6 on 6? Yes, please.) or offline multiplayer.

I doubt this means the characters are named by your gamertag, but I wonder why they just didn't say "Your characters are tied to your gamertag".