PDA

View Full Version : Ok Some one Explain PP to me.

Vetto
Sep 18, 2006, 11:07 PM
Now i can probly bet it easy to understand in game, But since i gotta wait till the 24th, I need to ask, Does PP Recharge? does it go back to normal after the mission, Or do i have to keep charging it up with a item i herd about, Case it be really lousy to get a nice uber rare only to have to keep it charged with PP. Also Rangers if pp runs out does the gun stop firing?

ProfessorZ
Sep 18, 2006, 11:10 PM
Regulates photon art usage for melee weapons. I heard gun PP regenerates at 13 PP per click but thats from my understanding

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 18, 2006, 11:11 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2440

Why try to find something out for yourself when you can just ask someone else to do the work for you amirite?

-Break-
Sep 18, 2006, 11:57 PM
According to PSUpedia, the new endurance stat influences the rate of your PP regeneration.

Ahzi_Dahaka
Sep 19, 2006, 12:45 AM
PP does recharge, yes. It's not as bad as it sounds; you only really run out of PP if you go insane with it. On my force i didn't run out of it (i even tried at one point http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ), so i wouldn't worry too much.

jarek99
Sep 19, 2006, 12:57 AM
On 2006-09-18 21:11, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2440

Why try to find something out for yourself when you can just ask someone else to do the work for you amirite?

You know, it is highly possible that he didnt know to look there. Some people dont know what PP stands for. How would they know to look under photon arts? They wouldnt. Thanks.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 19, 2006, 01:00 AM
I can only speak for myself, but I read every possible source of information I can find before asking any questions whatsoever.

jarek99
Sep 19, 2006, 01:02 AM
Sharing is fun.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 19, 2006, 01:03 AM
No, no it isn't.

Kyuu
Sep 19, 2006, 01:03 AM
I dunno what the current verdict is among importers currently, but I believe that Tycho reported that the game manual states that Endurance has something to do with HP regen. Also, as far as I know, Endurance having to do with PP regen was only ever speculation with no real supporting evidence.

I do know for sure that PP regen varies from weapon to weapon.

And yes, for ranged weapons, when it runs out of PP, it stops shooting.

ayrista
Sep 19, 2006, 07:13 AM
On 2006-09-18 23:03, Kyuu wrote:
when it runs out of PP, it stops shooting.

LOL, only on psu forums can you say that and not get laughed at.

Rhyv
Sep 19, 2006, 07:25 AM
lol

Jozon
Sep 19, 2006, 07:33 AM
lol

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 19, 2006, 07:59 AM
can PP problems for rangers be easily solved with a extra set of weapons and PP regen item or two and some strategy? maybe a nice partisan or saber/pistol swap combo as well?

zofia
Sep 19, 2006, 08:07 AM
Here's another question.

Can you have a bunch of weapons in your inventory, each with different photon arts asigned to them?

Like, in the link, it said you could have up to four Photon Arts signed to a FO weapon. So... to use a wide variety of tech's, do FO's carry around 2 or 3 (or more) weapons, each with different tech's assigned to them? Follow up question: if so, when you switch weapons does it automatically switch the the button assignments for photon arts to match the current weapon equipped?

In other words... how do FO's go about (with the controller) accessing all their various tech's?

DizzyDi
Sep 19, 2006, 08:32 AM
You pretty much hit the nail on the head zofia (I think, I haven't played the game this is just from what I've read). Yeah FO's have to carry around mutiple wands/staffs each with different techs and swap them out according to the situation. When you switch weapons the button assignments change to correspond to what weapons you have. So if I was a FO and I was using my wand with fire spells attached to it, and I switched to my ice wand, my buttons would change from foie and what not to barta.

zofia
Sep 19, 2006, 08:45 AM
Ok, cool, that sounds doable! Thanks, DizzyDi.

In the DC versions I mostly played HU's (HUnewearl, especially).

In the GC versions (import and NA) I mostly focused on RA, and some HU.

In PSU I plan to focus on FO (though I'll try every race and job, eventually).

So, you know, starting to really think about stuff now and was wondering how FO's balanced/accessed all those tech's.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zofia on 2006-09-19 06:50 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 19, 2006, 08:49 AM
for rangers, bringing some extra weapons would help to a degree until that other weapon runs out of pp as well because if you want a weapon to regenerate its pp, you're gonna have to have it equipped, it won't regenerate PP if you have something else equipped.

EnSill
Sep 19, 2006, 09:11 AM
Zofia, why don't you look at some videos of people playing ?
Look in the pics and videos thread, people people posted videos of characters using techniques.
You'll see how it works, and how the interface changes...

Kaply
Sep 19, 2006, 09:12 AM
On 2006-09-18 23:03, Kyuu wrote:
I dunno what the current verdict is among importers currently, but I believe that Tycho reported that the game manual states that Endurance has something to do with HP regen. Also, as far as I know, Endurance having to do with PP regen was only ever speculation with no real supporting evidence.

I do know for sure that PP regen varies from weapon to weapon.

And yes, for ranged weapons, when it runs out of PP, it stops shooting.

The regen on ranged weapon gets even wierder. From my testing, I've seen single handed guns that get drained to zero (or single digits) regen at variable rates. I've seen the first tick go up by 26 before and a few numbers between that as well. Technically this could be because they didn't show one tick of regen so it's 2x 13, but I've also seen it go up by a different amount so I'm not too sure what's going on there.

Alpha-Hunter wrote:
can PP problems for rangers be easily solved with a extra set of weapons and PP regen item or two and some strategy? maybe a nice partisan or saber/pistol swap combo as well?

Partisan is two handed and close range. It's also a lower ranking weapon for rangers which means the ones available for rangers to use are lower in damage. Saber/pistol also has the same issue as partisans are C rank for rangers. Pistols, if the bullets are leveled up high enough should be more damaging.

Online, the weapons do regenerate faster than offline but in a fast paced game you don't have the luxury of waiting for your weapons to recharge.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaply on 2006-09-19 07:16 ]</font>

zofia
Sep 19, 2006, 09:21 AM
On 2006-09-19 07:11, EnSill wrote:
Zofia, why don't you look at some videos of people playing ?
Look in the pics and videos thread, people people posted videos of characters using techniques.
You'll see how it works, and how the interface changes...

Good idea, I'll do that EnSill.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 19, 2006, 09:21 AM
so what would be a viable option for rangers then, just a ton of guns?

EnSill
Sep 19, 2006, 09:35 AM
On 2006-09-19 07:21, zofia wrote:

Try those:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlCQud1ZIHg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32_3uUAghs0

(posted by xJermariox)

zofia
Sep 19, 2006, 09:48 AM
On 2006-09-19 07:35, EnSill wrote:

On 2006-09-19 07:21, zofia wrote:

Try those:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlCQud1ZIHg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32_3uUAghs0

(posted by xJermariox)

Hehe -- I was just about to post that "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlCQud1ZIHg" is a great one. I just finished watching it -- pretty much answers my questions. Thanks for posting back, EnSill.

EDIT: That second link is money, too. Thanks, again.

Looks like swapping weapons on the fly for their PA's (and available pp) is the norm. Good to know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zofia on 2006-09-19 07:54 ]</font>

Kaply
Sep 19, 2006, 09:55 AM
There's too many variables to determine what's the "best" option for a ranger.

If your group needs you to do damage, then you'll need more guns on hand.
If your group doesn't need you to do damage, then you can contribute with status effects, in which case you probably won't end up using all the PP on your guns because they can kill the enemies fast. One set of 6 weapons was enough to carry me through even constantly firing at everything in these types of groups.

Kaply
Sep 19, 2006, 12:58 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, RA might not have it as bad in the weapon department as HUs do. In order to get an elemental bonus damage, which seems to be about 25% of base damage, they have to learn bullets and swap those around. In order for a HU to get that elemental bonus, they have to have the weapons that have an element to them. In the case of crafted weapons, they may have to craft multiple versions of the same weapon with different elements to them. So effectively they may end up having to carry a LOT of different weapons on them.

Note: this is speculation as I haven't seen how high end weapons compare stat wise vs. how effective an elemental bonus would be to that. Also elemental bonus at 25% is based upon rudimentary testing with a ranged weapon.

darthplagis
Sep 19, 2006, 01:06 PM
i think wepons from different manufacturers have variable rates of PP, also on your job class too (HU have S class weps(mele) regen faster where B slower(guns) and C slower(fo) still), also my handgun and saber combo i can blast off all HG shots then use saber PA (to lvl them up) and when ive used all my PP my HG is nearly full (on 1st free mission the chapter 3 one).

Zarbolord
Sep 19, 2006, 01:11 PM
Don't forget that the ENDurance stat boosts it, you can use extra slots to add END, they're the same ones that would be SUV slots, only that you can use Whitill Wing or stuff like that.

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 01:13 PM
On 2006-09-19 07:21, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
so what would be a viable option for rangers then, just a ton of guns?

Well, no, that is incorrect. Like Kaply stated, your group may need you to do different things, so always keep some other weapons on hand, like a melee weapon or two.

But if you're becoming a RA, I would definantly suggest having your first weapon become a rifle, if it already isn't when you first begin.

Zarbolord
Sep 19, 2006, 01:14 PM
Wait, did I say it right?

Kaply
Sep 19, 2006, 01:23 PM
I like the dual handgun style, but mostly because it allows greater mobility while firing. Well, not just greater since with rifles and shots you stand still while firing. The one issue with dual handguns is that they can't be aimed, but it's rare where this is that seriously of an issue (only against bosses, like the dragon, when you want them to do different things to make it easier for your team to fight)

beatrixkiddo
Sep 19, 2006, 05:38 PM
Yes.

Flamingo99
Sep 19, 2006, 06:25 PM
PP

a.k.a.

stinky yellow waste fluid. (*special note* do not attempt to drink it).

But seriously... its pretty much a "mana" bar. If you use PA's it goes down, or if you shoot a gun. It regenerates over time.