PDA

View Full Version : double saber question

Alisha
Sep 18, 2006, 11:48 PM
last night i was talking to a friend on irc and i mentioned that the double saber PA looks like bison torpedo then he laughed wich made sense later when he told me how unbelievably powerful the double saber PA is(shin bisons topedo super from street fighter alpha 3 anyone?if you jump when he has a full bar you die!)
anyways my question is whats the combo limit for double sabers?(regular attacks) id also be curious if the combo is any different for male/female since ive noticed it is for the fist type weapons.

xJermariox
Sep 18, 2006, 11:53 PM
You can do up to 3 combos that hit up to 6 times with a double saber not including the PA which hits...uhh..a lot of times. >_> As far as im concerned male and female uses the same double saber animation which is very similar to PSO male animation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xJermariox on 2006-09-18 21:57 ]</font>

Alisha
Sep 18, 2006, 11:55 PM
well it might be hard to tell since the animations arent as dramatically different like they were in pso.i think for fists only 1 hit in the combo string is different.

kazuma56
Sep 19, 2006, 12:02 AM
I remeber hearing that each weapon has 2 different PA's, so whats the double sabers other PA?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 19, 2006, 12:03 AM
Not every one has 2. From what I have seen on PSUPedia, some melee weapons seem to have as many as 3 whereas others only have 1 listed.

Sev
Sep 19, 2006, 12:05 AM
How the weapons really function and what all there is too them will become more apparent as Sega releases more and more info. Since it seems that Offline simply lacks things that the Online game has.

xJermariox
Sep 19, 2006, 12:06 AM
take a look at this video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TVuOnQC_rPU

at around 1:00 you will see the second double saber PA which is pretty nice IMO, also Lou does it from time to time

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I see it. Looks like an extremely useful knock back skill. Could definantly benefit from that PA when you're in Hakura Temple, and those god damned self destructin' robots be on the loose, XD

Ibuka
Sep 19, 2006, 12:21 AM
On 2006-09-18 21:48, Alisha wrote:
last night i was talking to a friend on irc and i mentioned that the double saber PA looks like bison torpedo then he laughed wich made sense later when he told me how unbelievably powerful the double saber PA is(shin bisons topedo super from street fighter alpha 3 anyone?if you jump when he has a full bar you die!)

Don't you mean Psycho Crusher? O_O But anyway after i looked at the Double Saber PA. And now that you think about it... It does look like Bison's Psyocho Crusher!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ibuka on 2006-09-18 22:22 ]</font>

Alisha
Sep 19, 2006, 12:26 AM
yeah psycho crusher is what i meant.

Ahzi_Dahaka
Sep 19, 2006, 12:49 AM
Nah, it's the same for both sexes. It's a bit like the HUnewearl animation (or at least i think so), really. The PA is insanely good, but it uses a fair bit of PP so you'll run out pretty fast :x

On 2006-09-18 22:03, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Not every one has 2. From what I have seen on PSUPedia, some melee weapons seem to have as many as 3 whereas others only have 1 listed.

Yeah, that information isn't quite complete - For example, the extra sword PA isn't listed, nor is the single claw etcetera

I think tycho or someone is translating that; i'd do it myself but i know zero japanese D:

Edit: bloody emoticons...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ahzi_Dahaka on 2006-09-18 22:52 ]</font>