PDA

View Full Version : crafting info, ingame economy , is there any?

Tetzuro
Sep 19, 2006, 12:32 AM
some of my friends who im luring out from FF11 into PSU are crafters and well when they asked about crafting in psu and i said there was but before i could explain further they went on thinking that crafting is just like how it is in FF11 and that its a important aspect to get hard earned cash, i quote my friend,"OH shyt crafting oh man im not making the same mistake again thats the 1st thing im gonna do , imma craft and sell on that AH" i just sat there thinking.......man this isint FF11...ITS FUCKING PSU, 1ST thing im gonna do is go have FUN! lol not like FF11 "going to work for a 12 hour shift" gameplay. then finally after they asked questions about crafting, if there was a AH and if that was the best way to make cash and if you could tag your crafted items with your name...All questions that are closely related to the dreaded FF11. So i dunno the answers to those and was wondering if anyone knew, are my friends assmuptions true, will psu have intense crafting that well see players who dedicate themselves to crafting more then lvling??

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tetzuro on 2006-09-18 22:33 ]</font>

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 12:33 AM
Yeah, there is a form of crafting, known as synthesizing. Using the right materials, your PM can help you synthesize items for your own personal use, or for you to sell. I believe that with Meseta actually making a difference this time around, the economy will ACTUALLY work.

EDIT: OH yesh, you can find these materials on the battle field.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tystys on 2006-09-18 22:34 ]</font>

Tetzuro
Sep 19, 2006, 12:34 AM
But with that being said that also opens doors to ign and other game currency sellers to sell meseta online

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 19, 2006, 12:35 AM
Meseta will be less common than in PSO, but it won't be that rare.

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 12:39 AM
Yes, but here's the thing. Meseta is only really used for Traps, Items, Clothes and certain weapons. Mainly, when you want some really awesome weapons, you have to go out and find them. The problem with PSO's economy was the fact that people constantly duped their items, which means they pretty much hacked their items in, or used an exploit to get rare items. SOA, however, is taking alot of pre-cautions toward this subject. SOJ has already put their servers in beta simply because of the huge duping bug that completely altered character data.

Also, because things are being handled completely server side with the online portion of the game, unless you're a really good hacker, or someone makes some sort of over ride system, I highly doubt we'll find dupes to become a regular part of PSU until a later time.

So just tell your freinds that yes, there will be both crafting and the economy isn't so much so to the point where it's completely prone to being fucked over by some asshole who's decided to get a little too trigger happy with the cheats.

EDIT: While, yes, Meseta is used for a multitude of things, I've never heard of an S-RANK item being in a shop before, or someone trading meseta for a rare weapon. When you get into the expert classes is when it starts getting a little bit confusing, but we'll deal with that later.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tystys on 2006-09-18 22:40 ]</font>

Ahzi_Dahaka
Sep 19, 2006, 12:41 AM
On 2006-09-18 22:34, Tetzuro wrote:
But with that being said that also opens doors to ign and other game currency sellers to sell meseta online

...So?

But yeah, there's a pretty good economy going on the JP servers. as in, they're selling everything for like 10 meseta. The things they're not selling for 10 meseta is self crafted / grinded stuff you can't buy in the shop, which is great.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ahzi_Dahaka on 2006-09-18 22:42 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 19, 2006, 12:45 AM
Ahzi on PSOW? SURELY THIS MUST BE A MISTAKE http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Tetzuro
Sep 19, 2006, 12:48 AM
yeah sounds cool that the economy cant be too prodominant in the game, causes too many issues, and also i imagine meseta will eventually become invisible eventually when your high lvl just like it was in PSO

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 12:50 AM
Not really, it could actually increase more. There is an expert class that makes you proficient in traps, so spending money on them could shoot demand for meseta up dah woof....shit, I mean roof....

Friggin shooping of dah woop.

Ahzi_Dahaka
Sep 19, 2006, 12:55 AM
On 2006-09-18 22:48, Tetzuro wrote:
yeah sounds cool that the economy cant be too prodominant in the game, causes too many issues, and also i imagine meseta will eventually become invisible eventually when your high lvl just like it was in PSO

Well, it is. Kind of. As in, you barely need to go to the shop -ever- (which you'll find yourself doing a fair bit...) for stuff as it's all cheaper there

Bearing in mind shop buyable items are a fair bit more important this time, the My Shop thing is actually pretty useful.

On 2006-09-18 22:45, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Ahzi on PSOW? SURELY THIS MUST BE A MISTAKE http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

i came here for u :3?!?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

LosGrak
Sep 19, 2006, 12:58 AM
It's my experience that, in ORPGs, the more money there is in circulation, the higher the prices go. Or, in the case of PSO and Asheron's Call (the only other game I've played in which this has happened), everything goes to a barter system. In that situation, people will only trade items for other items which they deem are just as valuable as what they're giving up.

Pirat
Sep 19, 2006, 01:05 AM
i hate stupid chinafarmers in wow that 24/7 farm stupid bot-like mobs and sell gold for money. i hope theres nothing similiar in psu

LosGrak
Sep 19, 2006, 03:08 AM
On 2006-09-18 23:05, Pirat wrote:
i hate stupid chinafarmers in wow that 24/7 farm stupid bot-like mobs and sell gold for money. i hope theres nothing similiar in psu

I'm with you on that. In FFXI, gilsellers/Real Money Traders have a monopoly on certain monsters, making it nearly impossible for legit players get the items they want. It wouldn't be so bad if these items didn't go for millions of gil.

Phaze37
Sep 19, 2006, 04:14 AM
If real money traders start conducting their business in PSU, it won't be a big deal because every party gets their own instance. Sure, they could farm items all they wanted, but they won't get in the way of other players who want to hunt for the same item. The economy will likely be affected by RMTs but not nearly as much as they affect MMORPGs I think.

LosGrak
Sep 19, 2006, 04:50 AM
I suppose that's true. However, I'd imagine that eventually there will be specific rares that will be on most peoples' wish lists.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 19, 2006, 06:46 AM
I think the Meseta issue will be here to stay. Most likely, rares will be found in the form of "boards". Once you get the board, then you CAN try to synthesize the item. This takes elements that can be found in battle, but can also be bought in shops (or from other players). The 5-star weapons already require a good 4000 meseta or so worth of crap. Of course you can wait until you find it all, but you'll be waiting a while. Also remember that you only have X% chance of making things. Just b/c you buy a board that can yield 3 products, if you only have a 60% success rate, it's likely you'll only get two, or one.

The 5* armors are really pricey, and only have a 37% successrate, AFAIK. The one I have (forgot the name) requires 15 Nanocarbons. They're 2500 in the shops, and the cheapest I've seen from other players is 2200.

Finally, I did see two pretty rare items for sale in another player's shop today. The Claire Saber board, and the Clair Saber itself. It's an A-Rank, so isn't useable yet. One guy wanted about 50,000 meseta for the board. Another guy successfully made it, and was asking about 760,000 meseta for it. O_O

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 19, 2006, 11:26 AM
The reason people make these assumptions is because people keep calling PSU an MMO. PSU lacks the scope and persistence to be clasified as such, I mentioned this before that all people are going to do is get confused when you throw around that label haphazrdly. PSU is more like Monster Hunter than any MMO.

Ryoga4523
Sep 19, 2006, 11:56 AM
On 2006-09-19 04:46, GaijinPUnch wrote:
I think the Meseta issue will be here to stay. Most likely, rares will be found in the form of "boards". Once you get the board, then you CAN try to synthesize the item. This takes elements that can be found in battle, but can also be bought in shops (or from other players). The 5-star weapons already require a good 4000 meseta or so worth of crap. Of course you can wait until you find it all, but you'll be waiting a while. Also remember that you only have X% chance of making things. Just b/c you buy a board that can yield 3 products, if you only have a 60% success rate, it's likely you'll only get two, or one.

The 5* armors are really pricey, and only have a 37% successrate, AFAIK. The one I have (forgot the name) requires 15 Nanocarbons. They're 2500 in the shops, and the cheapest I've seen from other players is 2200.

Finally, I did see two pretty rare items for sale in another player's shop today. The Claire Saber board, and the Clair Saber itself. It's an A-Rank, so isn't useable yet. One guy wanted about 50,000 meseta for the board. Another guy successfully made it, and was asking about 760,000 meseta for it. O_O

Here comes the rediculous pricing of WoW into PSU... Back on PSO I really do not remember any weapon or item going for that much. I mean even when it was a real item and not duped, people still asked for reasonable amounts of money. 760,000 meseta is a crapload IMO and since finding or obtaining meseta is harder to do in PSU than it was in PSO... -_-! I hope no one encourages people to maintain those prices by buying those items set at ungodly prices.

Sevenfold
Sep 19, 2006, 12:06 PM
On 2006-09-19 09:26, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
The reason people make these assumptions is because people keep calling PSU an MMO. PSU lacks the scope and persistence to be clasified as such, I mentioned this before that all people are going to do is get confused when you throw around that label haphazrdly. PSU is more like Monster Hunter than any MMO.

Please dont bring back this arguement. You call it what you will, and everyone else will too. I call it an MMO. So please dont talk your beliefs as if their fact. Run with everyone has their own opinion. GG.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 19, 2006, 12:07 PM
Meseta wasn't worth a damn on PSO. The only things worth buying were tools and 4 slot frames.

Axel3792
Sep 19, 2006, 12:09 PM
the crafting system reminds me of when you upgrade your weapons in FFVIII

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 19, 2006, 12:23 PM
On 2006-09-19 10:06, Sevenfold wrote:

On 2006-09-19 09:26, Blackwaltz-R wrote:

Please dont bring back this arguement. You call it what you will, and everyone else will too. I call it an MMO. So please dont talk your beliefs as if their fact. Run with everyone has their own opinion. GG.

Opinion means crap when its misguided, its either one or the other, their is no "its all about how you look at it", I've seen alot of retarded comments and threads that are based on the idea of this game being an MMO that conflicts with what the game is. I still have yet to see anyone with any sense call PSU an MMO, only people that can't seem to tell the difference are using the term irresponsibly. Its like watching a noob berate another noob for being a noob, its just ass backward.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 19, 2006, 12:35 PM
kinda unfair to compare this blossoming economy with that of WOW's or PSO's. Especially PSO where money didn't mean much after you could run hard mines and ruins with ease. in PSU not only is there the risk involved with fighting mobs for the drops (or spending money at shops) but you also run the risk of a failed product. the game is still so new and the economy in the NA version will be different. lets give it time and see how it pans out once more people also get a change to play online and find/make stuff. once supply goes up prices will have to come down.

Kaply
Sep 19, 2006, 12:46 PM
Or the value of mesetas can go down and results in items having a higher price than can be afforded by players who could use those items at the "most appropriate" levels. Someone playing this game was telling me that he blows through 50k every 12 hr period feeding his PM, in addition to various other activities.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 19, 2006, 12:48 PM
Yeah PSU is no where near as persistent since you don't have to have the absolute best crap you can get. Its like another way of saying this game is going to own because of how much of an MMO this game is not going to be. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If it were an MMO I sure as hell wouldn't be waiting to play it. I'd prolly be waiting to play Archlord or something or stayed on FFXI raising my Chocobo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AppieDPC
Sep 19, 2006, 12:52 PM
On 2006-09-19 02:14, Phaze37 wrote:
If real money traders start conducting their business in PSU, it won't be a big deal because every party gets their own instance.

Don't you just love the word instanced in an online game? I know I do =D

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 19, 2006, 12:55 PM
Yeah I would have included that in my last post BUT their is a way one could inflate prices for the more rare materials but I don't think I want to give anyone any Ideas although it is pretty simple. The only way to counter-act it if people try to find these materails rather than do alot of "shopping".

Ryoga4523
Sep 19, 2006, 01:04 PM
On 2006-09-19 10:48, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
Yeah PSU is no where near as persistent since you don't have to have the absolute best crap you can get. Its like another way of saying this game is going to own because of how much of an MMO this game is not going to be. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If it were an MMO I sure as hell wouldn't be waiting to play it. I'd prolly be waiting to play Archlord or something or stayed on FFXI raising my Chocobo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

What are you kidding me... I was playing with a group in Ult. caves once, and a nar lilly popped up across the little stream/river. So everyone takes off running to go to the other side of the stream, the whole time people are typing " ITS MINE I SAW IT FIRST" to "GIVE IT TO ME" of course these are clear translations but the original typings were so out of order becasue people could hardly type and maintain sanity when a rare monster with a 90% chance of dropping a rare was before them. So if people can act crazy over stuff like that, than I am sure they will continue to strive to have the best and newest and most rare weapons, armor, and whatever else they can get their hands on.

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 01:11 PM
On 2006-09-19 10:55, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
Yeah I would have included that in my last post BUT their is a way one could inflate prices for the more rare materials but I don't think I want to give anyone any Ideas although it is pretty simple. The only way to counter-act it if people try to find these materails rather than do alot of "shopping".

Well that's the thing. The materials are extremely easy to find on the field, O_O...so shopping for them could prove to be rare.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 19, 2006, 01:11 PM
so true ryoga. no way around that fact!

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 01:19 PM
And yeah, I just read Ryoga's post....that mission must've been hell for the rest of the way, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 19, 2006, 01:20 PM
On 2006-09-19 11:11, Tystys wrote:

On 2006-09-19 10:55, Blackwaltz-R wrote:

Well that's the thing. The materials are extremely easy to find on the field, O_O...so shopping for them could prove to be rare.

Yeah ina general sense but if their are some signifigantly rare materials one could horde them buy buying them all up for those who sell them "cheap". but only IF their are some significantly rare materials that are easy to find in player shops than to hope to find.

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 01:24 PM
Well, if you ask me, something tells me that if there are any rare materials to be found in the game, it's going to take alot more than 500 Meseta a piece to get me to sell them off. I really don't think people will be dumb enough to sell rare items(and yes, this includes the materials as well) for a low price, so I'm not as worried about the whole "hording" thing.

Kaply
Sep 19, 2006, 01:25 PM
On 2006-09-19 11:11, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
so true ryoga. no way around that fact!

Except in PSU if the mission is set to randomly distribute rare items then well, it's randomly distributed, so it doesn't matter who loots it first.