PDA

View Full Version : Help me clear a few things up

LosGrak
Sep 19, 2006, 12:53 AM
Hey all, I've been browsing through some of the topics here and I have a few questions about PSU that I'd like cleared up. So here goes:

1.) I've noticed a few people talking about "subjobs" in PSU, such as FO/RA, or HU/FO. Is this available only in offline Extra Mode, or Online as well?

2.) Supposedly Meseta actually has value in PSU. Does this mean that we'll have an actual economy in the game, rather than a barter system? No item-for-item trading?

3.) One thing about PSO that has always been a topic of discussion is that of Rare drops from monsters. Will there still be the same mad dash for red boxes is PSU, or is there a way to make everything fair for everyone?

That's it for now. If I can think of anything else, I'll give you a shout.

A2K
Sep 19, 2006, 12:57 AM
1. Only online. In both offline modes it would be rather unnecessary given how everything's balanced differently.
2. I suppose so. You COULD still technically trade item for item, though.
3. You can either set the game to finder's keepers, random distribution, or a third option that's sort of random but no one has really clearly explained how it worked. There's a separate setting for rares (7 stars or higher) and non-rares. Meseta is always finder's keepers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-18 22:58 ]</font>

Ahzi_Dahaka
Sep 19, 2006, 12:58 AM
1) They aren't available in either, yet. When they're released they will be online (and possibly extra, if sega bother patching it), though.

2) there's another topic for this, but the short answer is yes, most likely. i'm sure some people would want to do item for item with the rarer stuff...

3) You can change loot rules to standard "SHIT IT'S A RARE GOGOGOGO" or random distribution for anything above 7 stars

LosGrak
Sep 19, 2006, 01:00 AM
Sorry about the money question. I had a n00b moment and posted before I searched.

-Break-
Sep 19, 2006, 01:03 AM
Aw, beaten to the chase

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Break- on 2006-09-18 23:04 ]</font>

LosGrak
Sep 19, 2006, 03:23 AM
Another quick question:

Are character levels and class levels independant of each other? Meaning, can I be a level 20 Human, but only a level 6 Ranger?

Ahzi_Dahaka
Sep 19, 2006, 03:26 AM
On 2006-09-19 01:23, LosGrak wrote:
Another quick question:

Are character levels and class levels independant of each other? Meaning, can I be a level 20 Human, but only a level 6 Ranger?

Short answer: yes

Long answer: yes, you can also be a level 2 hunter; main level stays the same

LosGrak
Sep 19, 2006, 04:48 AM
Well, if that's the case, then what are the max levels for race and each class, for all modes of play?

Also, about rares. Has anyone noticed yet whether or not there are rares that drop from specific monsters, a la PSO? Or is it still too early to tell?

What about difficulties? Does PSU have a system in place like PSO with Normal, Hard, VHard and Ultimate? Is this the Rank thing I've been reading about?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LosGrak on 2006-09-19 02:53 ]</font>

ProfessorZ
Sep 19, 2006, 04:58 AM
Is there a setting for party leader gets the goods? Cuz that would suck

DiosGX
Sep 19, 2006, 06:24 AM
On 2006-09-19 02:48, LosGrak wrote:
Well, if that's the case, then what are the max levels for race and each class, for all modes of play?

Also, about rares. Has anyone noticed yet whether or not there are rares that drop from specific monsters, a la PSO? Or is it still too early to tell?

Can't speak for network mode, but offline job levels cap at 10, and your character caps at 100. Completing missions earns your JEXP, defeating monsters earns your EXP.

Regarding rares, I've gotten two Daggers of Seraphe off the same enemy twice in the final dungeon. I'm pretty sure each enemy has their own individual rare item drop like PSO.

Regarding level difficulty stuff, I've no clue, I don't play network mode on the import.

Mewn
Sep 19, 2006, 06:37 AM
Network Mode limits are currently 50 for character level and 10 for job level. The limits will be upped, until the job level cap is 20 and the character level cap is (I presume) 100.