Sep 19, 2006, 04:11 AM
$60
Thats what gamestop.com says anyway

MUDGRIP
Sep 19, 2006, 04:32 AM
does it matter at this point...lol

LosGrak
Sep 19, 2006, 04:56 AM
The idea that some people will be paying an extra $10 for the same game that PS2/PC players are getting makes me lol. Add onto that the monthly fee and 360 only servers, and I just feel sorry for them.

However, for some people the extra $10 is far less than having to upgrade their PCs or buying the modem for their PS2 if they don't have the slim system. But for the people who don't have that problem at all, what are their reasons for playing on 360 with the potentially smaller community?

MagicPink
Sep 19, 2006, 09:08 AM
The game breaking slow down that's on the PS2 maybe?

shadynook
Sep 19, 2006, 09:52 AM
because 360 is a far more dominant system than the ps2

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 09:56 AM
On 2006-09-19 07:52, shadynook wrote:
because 360 is a far more dominant system than the ps2

Please, do not start this shit up again. I'm sick of all these 360 threads being turned into flame wars over which system is better.

shadynook
Sep 19, 2006, 09:59 AM
yeah sorry about that, i really hope it's only 50 but im not worried about the price tag, i just want to have the game already

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 10:02 AM
Unfortunately, it looks like it's aiming towards a $60 price tag. Being a 360 owner myself, I can feel your pain of having to pay an extra 10 bucks for a game most other systems are getting for less.

Xeion
Sep 19, 2006, 10:02 AM
59 I think plus mounthy fee

parabolee
Sep 19, 2006, 10:10 AM
I think $60 is utter BS! But it looks like all Xbox 360 and PS3 games are going to be that price (other than Microsoft first party games).

But this is one game that I am happy to pay for.

Oh and LosGrak, your comment about paying for Xbox Live is moot, because you do not have to pay for it to play this game as it will only require a Silver account which is free.

And if you ask those that already pay for a gold account, you will find that we are all happy to pay for a service that is so superior. I hated playing online on PS2 because it is set up so poorly. No cross game friends lists or messaging, each developer having a different log in method, yuck!

If the PS3 service is any good and remains free then Xbox Live will become free too, but untill then we pay for superior service (happily).

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 10:17 AM
Your post is a little confusing, but I think what you said is that you won't need to pay a monthly fee for the game, parabolee....if that's teh case....

No, you are wrong, parabolee. Yes, no matter what account you have, you will STILL need to pay a monthly fee for the game. It's just now, Silver Accounts can finally play an online game without having to upgrade to gold. If you have a gold account...which I'm sure you do, you're pretty much still going to end up paying the monthly fee for the game...

And another thing you're wrong about is if PS3 is going to have free service. SONY has been known for hosting free online service for almost all of their PS2 titles, and it's been that way since it's launched. Has that stopped Microsoft from making an extra dollar by charging for XBOX live? No, it hasn't. And why? Because their service, believe it or not, is superior is ways you cannot imagine if you do not own a 360 or even a regular XBOX....

OK, it's not that amazing, but the service is still pretty damn good, XD

MUDGRIP
Sep 19, 2006, 02:36 PM
Being isolated on the 360 might not be a bad thing, overcrowding seems to be the problem in japan.

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 02:51 PM
Definantly not for the 360 version, though, XD. Yes, I guess the 360 owners might be getting better service than us, mainly because their #'s might prove lower than PC/PS2

Kou-Diacyper
Sep 19, 2006, 02:53 PM
Not after the new world addition.

McLaughlin
Sep 19, 2006, 03:07 PM
Pretty sure PS3 games will be more expensive than Xbox 360 games, because Blu Ray is more expensive than DVD or HD DVD.

Go out and compare movie prices. They're like 10 bucks more than their DVD counterpart.

Yachiru
Sep 19, 2006, 03:09 PM
$60, period.

ProfessorZ
Sep 19, 2006, 03:11 PM
On 2006-09-19 02:56, LosGrak wrote:
The idea that some people will be paying an extra $10 for the same game that PS2/PC players are getting makes me lol. Add onto that the monthly fee and 360 only servers, and I just feel sorry for them.

However, for some people the extra $10 is far less than having to upgrade their PCs or buying the modem for their PS2 if they don't have the slim system. But for the people who don't have that problem at all, what are their reasons for playing on 360 with the potentially smaller community?

Kepp your pity sony fanboy :|

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 03:13 PM
ProfessorZ, do you take some sort of sick pleasure in TRYING to start flame wars?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 19, 2006, 03:25 PM
But for the people who don't have that problem at all, what are their reasons for playing on 360 with the potentially smaller community?

Things that I can think of are improved gameplay speed(via more memory, etc. reported through editorial reviews of builds of 360 version), voice chat, maybe they already own a 360 before PSU's arrival- but not an adequate PC or a PS2.

Different strokes for different folks; no use worrying about what other people are going to do as well. Your money, your time.

Minswune
Sep 19, 2006, 03:38 PM
What are their reasons for playing on 360 with the potentially smaller community?

My reason is this; I played FFXI on ps2 for the longest time, and never had a big deal with it, it seemed just fine to me, then a few months back, i was able to see the difference among ps2 and 360 versions of ffxi, in short; i was blown away by the difference, and after getting the 360 version for myself i can no longer play the ps2 version without cringing. I assume PSU to be much the same http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Not to mention i have numerous friends getting psu for the 360 as well, and wish to play this with them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Edit; On topic, an extra 10 dollars isnt much at all to pay, especially considering word is 360 version will get exclusive content such as quest, and such.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Minswune on 2006-09-19 13:41 ]</font>

Valkayree
Sep 19, 2006, 04:30 PM

Voice chat. Wireless controllers. Powerful multi core processors destroy lag. No upgrade costs. Pre-installed modem. And for the last time, the size of the community does not matter, does not matter, the size of the community is not an issue, it does not matter =/. 6 people to a room. What difference does it make if there are 30 or 30000 online? "Ooh ooh I know, I know, a larger number people in a server will only serve to cause more lag!" That's correct Billy. More people in a server does cause more lag, and for this game, if you have at least 300 individuals in the server, I have yet to hear a good reason why it is better to have more. Yes, more choices to find a good leveling companion. True, I think 300 should be good enough for that. You can't tell me that out of 300 you can't find at least 5 other relatively good players? Ok, so any other reasons a larger number of people in a server is better? Yes Billy? "Umm, so I can brag about my awesome l33tness to everyone!" Well, that's your opinion Billy. If bragging about your awesome l33tness to as many people as possible is important to you, and you like typing while shooting... get PSU on the PS2 or the PC. Personally, I'd rather voice chat to 30 people than type to 30k. Or maybe since you don't have a 360 LosGrak you cannot grasp this concept. It's like eating nothing but flavorless grains and mush all your life and then wondering why people would want to eat pizza.

I drop the mic.

ProfessorZ
Sep 19, 2006, 06:13 PM
On 2006-09-19 13:13, Tystys wrote:
ProfessorZ, do you take some sort of sick pleasure in TRYING to start flame wars?

Are you serious? You're gonna look at me and not look at what he posted? GTFO

Phalynx
Sep 19, 2006, 06:55 PM
I know the 360 community will be fine, aside from all the negatives about a large community, theres one thing thats good about it. Some people lvl faster than others and with a larger community, it gives a much more varied field from the high lvls to the low. And im sure the 360 will be in the thousands so theres going to be no porblem with that.

LosGrak
Sep 20, 2006, 05:55 AM
Ok, lemme start by saying a couple of things:

First, I was merely expressing how sorry I felt for the 360 players because of certain aspects associated with purchasing/playing PSU. I honestly never intended to start a flame war here.

Second, I do, in fact, own an XBox and pay for XBox Live. I don't, however, own a 360 as I haven't yet found a game that just screams "buy me." I mean, why buy a 360 just to play Oblivion when I already had a computer that could play it to my liking?

Now to respond to the comments made about my post.

On 2006-09-19 08:10, parabolee wrote:
Oh and LosGrak, your comment about paying for Xbox Live is moot, because you do not have to pay for it to play this game as it will only require a Silver account which is free.

And if you ask those that already pay for a gold account, you will find that we are all happy to pay for a service that is so superior. I hated playing online on PS2 because it is set up so poorly. No cross game friends lists or messaging, each developer having a different log in method, yuck!

If you look back, I never said anything about having to pay for XBL, only the monthly fee for PSU on top of the extra $10 for the game. Also, the only games I ever played online for PS2 were FFXI and Monster Hunter. The latter of which was for about five minutes because I couldn't find anyone else playing the game.

On 2006-09-19 13:11, ProfessorZ wrote:
Kepp your pity sony fanboy :|

Calling me a Sony fanboy is so far from the truth it's ridiculous. To be honest, the last system I bought last gen was a PS2, and that was only because I wanted to be able to take FFXI with me as I travelled. Once I got a laptop though, the PS2 began slowly gathering dust, only being played when I rented or borrowed games. In fact, the last game I bought for PS2 was Guitar Hero, because it was such a badass concept that I had to have it. More often than not, if a game was multi-platform I would either buy it for PC, or XBox.

On 2006-09-19 13:38, Minswune wrote:
My reason is this; I played FFXI on ps2 for the longest time, and never had a big deal with it, it seemed just fine to me, then a few months back, i was able to see the difference among ps2 and 360 versions of ffxi, in short; i was blown away by the difference, and after getting the 360 version for myself i can no longer play the ps2 version without cringing. I assume PSU to be much the same http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Not to mention i have numerous friends getting psu for the 360 as well, and wish to play this with them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On topic, an extra 10 dollars isnt much at all to pay, especially considering word is 360 version will get exclusive content such as quest, and such.

I hate to say it, but the problem was you playing FFXI on PS2. The 360 version doesn't do anything that my PC can't do.

Also, what makes you think that the 360 will be getting exclusive content for PSU? Where is this "word?" Link prz!

On 2006-09-19 14:30, Valkayree wrote:
Voice chat. Wireless controllers. Powerful multi core processors destroy lag. No upgrade costs. Pre-installed modem. And for the last time, the size of the community does not matter, does not matter, the size of the community is not an issue, it does not matter =/. 6 people to a room. What difference does it make if there are 30 or 30000 online? "Ooh ooh I know, I know, a larger number people in a server will only serve to cause more lag!" That's correct Billy. More people in a server does cause more lag, and for this game, if you have at least 300 individuals in the server, I have yet to hear a good reason why it is better to have more. Yes, more choices to find a good leveling companion. True, I think 300 should be good enough for that. You can't tell me that out of 300 you can't find at least 5 other relatively good players? Ok, so any other reasons a larger number of people in a server is better? Yes Billy? "Umm, so I can brag about my awesome l33tness to everyone!" Well, that's your opinion Billy. If bragging about your awesome l33tness to as many people as possible is important to you, and you like typing while shooting... get PSU on the PS2 or the PC. Personally, I'd rather voice chat to 30 people than type to 30k. Or maybe since you don't have a 360 LosGrak you cannot grasp this concept. It's like eating nothing but flavorless grains and mush all your life and then wondering why people would want to eat pizza.

I drop the mic.

Other than playing with pickup parties, I won't have a problem with voice chat either, as I already have a Teamspeak server of my own for FFXI that I can easly convert for PSU. But you do have a point about typing while playing. However, if you could do it during the DC days, or with PSO:BB, then you can do it with PSU. I happen to be quite capable of typing while playing a game at the same time, because I use a controller. And my name isn't Billy.

Ryogen
Sep 20, 2006, 05:58 AM
I got a job. Not much of a problem to me. Explaining to my dad whom is a gamer himself is the problem lol.

Magician
Sep 20, 2006, 06:53 AM
Is it gonna be $50 or $60?
$60 + $10 a month.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magician on 2006-09-20 04:54 ]</font>

Valkayree
Sep 20, 2006, 11:44 AM
On 2006-09-20 03:55, LosGrak wrote:

On 2006-09-19 14:30, Valkayree wrote:

I drop the mic.

Other than playing with pickup parties, I won't have a problem with voice chat either, as I already have a Teamspeak server of my own for FFXI that I can easly convert for PSU. But you do have a point about typing while playing. However, if you could do it during the DC days, or with PSO:BB, then you can do it with PSU. I happen to be quite capable of typing while playing a game at the same time, because I use a controller. And my name isn't Billy.

Sorry, the Billy was hypothetical, representing the average younger gamer whom I have posted similar responses to regarding statements made concerning community size over fifteen times now. In no way shape or form were you meant to be represented as Billy, I just thought that maybe if Billy was reading it would save me a post later on. =p Lol, I need a disclaimer for all my posts...