PDA

View Full Version : Status conditions...?

Miyoko
Sep 19, 2006, 03:13 AM
Does everybodies favourite conditions poison, paralysis, and all of those other lovely negative conditions from PSO still exsist? A friend asked me a question, and it's something I never thought about untill he mentioned it...

Are casts still immune to poison and the like?

Ether
Sep 19, 2006, 03:33 AM
http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Status_Effects

Casts are no longer immune to poison and paralysis

Sev
Sep 19, 2006, 03:34 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure all of those exist. Paralysis definitely.

Nope, Casts take all status effects now as punishment for being able to use magic. Even if they don't want to. (No... I'm not complaining. I have no beef whatsoever over Casts using Techs.)

Ahzi_Dahaka
Sep 19, 2006, 03:34 AM
Neither are that bad anymore, though, both go after about 10 seconds (maybe longer)

Itsuki
Sep 19, 2006, 02:53 PM
There are alot of status effects in PSU, some that you can't even do. If you're a ranger, chances are you'd be inflicting these uppon as many people as possible since whatever element bullets you have equipped deal that element's status effect.

Fire -> Burn: Damage over time
Ice -> Freeze: Turn monsters into ice cubes, they can't move / attack / etc. But hitting the monster appears to have a chance of breaking the ice.
Lightning -> Paralysis: Prevent monsters from attack only (they can still cast spells and do some limitted skills).
Earth -> Silence: Prevents monsters from using Spells/skills.
Holy -> Confuse: Uhh... well, its confuse I guess.
Dark -> Virus: Appears to just be a damage over time like fire's. Though a monster can be in both this and fire's for double the damage over time.

EDIT: Also there appear to be some that are from techs or monsters only. Like I think one of the techs gives sleep. And the miniboss thing of Relics does a true stun. The kind where you can't move, attack, use items, anything. You just sit there and get eaten.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itsuki-chan on 2006-09-19 12:56 ]</font>

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 03:04 PM
Eh, one of the things I really think they should've kept in the game would have to be when you wiggle the keys around that you get out of the ice spike quicker. While it does add for a challenge to the game, I just found that it made alot more sense that if I moved as much as possible inside of the spike that I would be able to get out quicker.

Itsuki
Sep 19, 2006, 03:17 PM
Ya, that doesn't appear to be in game. And freeze sounds great, but really it only shines when you put it on a monster and then ignore that monster. Each hit basically has... we'll say about a 25% chance of "Breaking the ice". Its probably not actually that number, but you get the idea. The freeze lasts quite a while if the monster isn't getting hit at all. A ranger with a rifle can freeze a monster thats out of the combat area, and it'll stay frozen there for quite a while. But if its getting hit, it might break the next hit after you freeze it, which is kind of annoying and almost defeats the purpose of freeze (but freeze atleast resets the monster to neutral taking them out of casts and attacks).

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 03:18 PM
Ah, I see. Is it possible for our group members to hit us out of Ice Spikes as well?

Polly
Nope. I've only see it work on monsters.

AwakenSardis
Are we going to discuss the logic of being trapped in an ice spike?

Itsuki
Sep 19, 2006, 03:56 PM
I don't get frozen enough to be able to test wether monsters can break out ice. But either way, if a monster or group of monsters is attacking you while you're in ice you're pretty screwed anyways. Its not like PSO where you get hit then you have some immunity time. If 3 monsters do their attack animation close enough to hit you, you get hit 3 times, even if you're in the air, stunned from something else, on the ground, whatever.

I would say we should get someone high to test this in low level mizuraki, but I don't think it will accomplish anything since it won't change the fact that getting frozen == you're screwed.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 19, 2006, 04:03 PM
So they took out that immunity tiime when taking damage? Tha knid of made Ep1&2 too easy. I hope it stays that way for the NA release.

Tycho
Sep 19, 2006, 05:03 PM
*/r/ Cure/Freeze*

Polly
Sep 19, 2006, 07:08 PM
On 2006-09-19 14:03, Sexy_Raine wrote:
So they took out that immunity tiime when taking damage? Tha knid of made Ep1&2 too easy. I hope it stays that way for the NA release.

Even when not frozen or shock/paralyzed with the inability to move enemies are free to combo you. You can get knocked down, but it seems like only certain attacks have a definite knockdown effect this time, and even when on the ground it's possible to be hit as I've experienced with the dragon's tail combo'ing the piss out of me on a few occasions. BUT I'M NOT BITTER TOWARD HIM OVER THAT!