PDA

View Full Version : How do I established credit?

Uncle_bob
Sep 19, 2006, 03:50 AM
I DUNNO LOL.

Uncle applied for a credit card recently. He got a letter from his bank today stating why he was turned down.

"Few revolving accounts opened long enough to establish credit history."

I'm a bit confused about this. How can I establish credit history if I've never had a credit card before?

"Too many recent requests for credit or reviews of your credit."

This is my first credit card application. Ever.

"Not enough time spent at your current residence."

This is the kicker. I've been at this address for nine years. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

You suck ass, Chase. Get the fuck out my Earth.

Blue-Hawk
Sep 19, 2006, 10:52 PM
On 2006-09-19 01:50, Uncle_bob wrote:

Chase.

Well. THAT seems to explain it all.Chase has one of the WORST credit systems ever.

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 19, 2006, 11:13 PM
The easiest method is to get yourself a recurring bill with your name on it. Your local power company won't turn you down service for a mere absence of a credit history, for example. After a few months of paying this bill on time and in proper, your credit will become appealing, and this should allow you to get a credit card.

My personal experience though, is that Credit Unions are awesome about this sort of thing. My credit history consisted of a couple of months living in an apartment with room mates and paying a phone bill for that period. I had basically null credit, and my credit union gave me a card anyway, with the stated reason that it would allow me to build up my credit. Credit Unions FTW!

Ketchup345
Sep 20, 2006, 09:15 AM
Try for a store's credit card first, they will likely accept anyone (even people with no credit, but some places may want someone to cosign).

Danger_Girl
Sep 20, 2006, 04:16 PM
On 2006-09-20 07:15, Ketchup345 wrote:
Try for a store's credit card first, they will likely accept anyone (even people with no credit, but some places may want someone to cosign).

This is good advice. Try getting a Target or Sears card, or something similar. Chances are pretty good you'll be able to get one. Pay off your bills for a few months and before you know it the credit card companies will be stalking you. If you're declined for a store credit card take Meria's advice. Any kind of bill with your name on it and keep your payments on time. It wont be long and the banks will love you.