PDA

View Full Version : Beasts-Advantages of Multi-hit weapons

Jozon
Sep 19, 2006, 07:41 AM
I thought about their accuracy issue, so wouldn't it be more beneficial for beasts to use dual sabers/daggers/knuckles/claws, quick multi-hit weaponry over swords? Anyone that's played, how bad is their accuracy, do you miss a lot, or just a little.

DrewSeleski
Sep 19, 2006, 07:57 AM
From what I've heard the quick hit weapons are best for your ability to get behind enemies and score the 100% accuracy easier when playing beast.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 19, 2006, 08:42 AM
I have a beast hunter in extra mode and I [so far] don't have any trouble with him missing, and this is when I'm using a big sword too.

Clyde
Sep 19, 2006, 08:46 AM
Offline mode stats are VERY different from online
Unrealistic is what you might call it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Clyde on 2006-09-19 06:47 ]</font>

Kaply
Sep 19, 2006, 08:55 AM
I'm actually playing a Beast/RA. For this class it's a multi-faced issue. From the front I do see A LOT of 0's. However I'm only level 25 and my equipment isn't at the highest end (although it's pretty decent). However as an RA I do have a lot of maneuverability because I can attack at range with my guns. Typically I just charge through or a little to the side of the pack of enemies and get behind them at which point I start firing and strafing backwards. This reduces my zeros(misses) by a lot, I do notice that firing at enemies from the side still produces zeros so you the angle is less than 180 degrees.

As for meleeing. I find that I like the store PA for single handed daggers. It's a PA with a lot of movement where I can actually circle around an enemy with just the one PA in order to land the final attack from behind. Using single handed sabers, the PA doesn't have much movement and I end up having to attack with it from the front at all times. Landing the final blow to launch an enemy with it is frustrating because I do tend to see a lot of misses with that PA. This is against even level or higher enemies. Anything lower than that and it usually isn't an issue because getting hit isn't going to kill me anytime soon.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 19, 2006, 08:58 AM
i get what you're saying kaply, although I didn't miss too much with swords, when using the handgun, i kept missing quite a few times.