PDA

View Full Version : Duel weapons, whats the restrictions?

vg_geek86
Sep 19, 2006, 10:13 AM
I know you can have a saber and a pistol, but can u duel any single handed weapon? Say a claw and a sader, a saber with one kinda of photon art and another saber with a different art?

Tystys
Sep 19, 2006, 10:20 AM
Well, that's what I thought for a time too, but now, you cannot dual wield in the sense you're thinking about. It only works along the lines of having a one handed melee weapon in one hand, and a one handed range weapon in the other, and that is all. However, I'm not sure how the dual wielding works when you're talking about the same weapon type....like a dagger/dagger combo.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 19, 2006, 10:29 AM
i think same weapon types have to be found/made/bought as an individual weapon type. meaning you can't find/make/buy s seperate sabers and weild them. you have to find/make/buy a dual wield saber or pistol that comes with the 2 weapons already. i think that's how it goes...

Zarbolord
Sep 19, 2006, 11:03 AM
It sounds like Sange+Yasha = SangeYasha

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 19, 2006, 11:14 AM
well using your example is easier. instead of buying a sange and tasha and holding one in each hand you have to buy a item named sangeyasha which in one item when equiped is actually 2 swords dual weilded one in each hand... hope i'm right http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On 2006-09-19 09:03, Zarbolord wrote:
It sounds like Sange+Yasha = SangeYasha

darthplagis
Sep 19, 2006, 12:40 PM
yeah alpha thats what ive found, you can only use A)1 handed mele wep &/or hand/mech gun (not sure of mech) B)a twin handed wep (rifle, knuckles OR a brace of weps (twin whatever, as they have separate PA and sell as a separate wep, you cant weild just 2 random sabers).

i cant wait to find some twin claws (with fire photon) and a twin saber (stag cut style not asuka style) and those LUSH red guns KAREN uses.

Tycho
Sep 19, 2006, 05:01 PM
You should see it this way:

- Twin Sabers do not consist of Sabers; they're just a parallel type of weapons.
- Weapon types are either left-handed (some guns), right-handed (some melee/casting weapons), or two-handed (some random stuff including Twin versions).

chrisy05
Sep 19, 2006, 08:36 PM
can u still wield twin mech guns like in pso...
dont tell me im ganna have to " forge/make" twin mechs guns now -.- (like with the above saber example)

Ether
Sep 19, 2006, 08:38 PM
Dual Mechguns do not exist

chrisy05
Sep 19, 2006, 08:42 PM
i think part of my soul just died now

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 19, 2006, 08:43 PM
From what I understand, you can duel the enemies with any type of weapon. Dual, on the other hand, is different, but you didn't ask about that.

And thank God mechguns are less useful now. In PSO, there was no reason to use a melee weapon, even on a hunter, since 50 hit Charge Vulcans would yield more damage in a shorter period of time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2006-09-19 18:45 ]</font>

Animosity
Sep 19, 2006, 08:43 PM
omg i just thought about dual wielding rare wpns. i mean cmon imagine dual wielding red sabers.

omg omg omg i just want to go into a coma until october 24

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 20, 2006, 05:57 AM
no need to imagine. ahzi posted this pic.

http://static.flickr.com/86/246778813_7ea72b07bb_m.jpg

On 2006-09-19 18:43, Animosity wrote:
omg i just thought about dual wielding rare wpns. i mean cmon imagine dual wielding red sabers.

omg omg omg i just want to go into a coma until october 24