PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding playing solo.

StanleyPain
Sep 19, 2006, 07:06 PM
I'm curious, for those who've played PSu already via import or whatnot, how decent playing on your own online is. One of the things I liked about PSO was that when your friends weren't on or had to go or whatever, it was still pretty playable by yourself provided you were of a decent level. Is this still true would you say, that playing alone, in those moments where it's all that's available to you, is not that bad?

Polly
Sep 19, 2006, 07:14 PM
Solo'ing may not be as easy as it was in PSO, but it certainly is still possible. You can make decent money and experience grinding in a few key areas solo and they're not all that tough once you get your level and gear up to a decent'ish level.

Soloing junk way over your head (say being level 20'ish and going for a B-Rank mission) will definitely be a challenge in patience though.

Unknown_PC
Sep 19, 2006, 08:33 PM
On 2006-09-19 17:06, StanleyPain wrote:
I'm curious, for those who've played PSu already via import or whatnot, how decent playing on your own online is. One of the things I liked about PSO was that when your friends weren't on or had to go or whatever, it was still pretty playable by yourself provided you were of a decent level. Is this still true would you say, that playing alone, in those moments where it's all that's available to you, is not that bad?

The game is definitely playable by yourself provided that you have a party consisting of your race's NPC and possibly a combat PM.

Online NPCs are +3 from your character level and combat PMs are a whopping +10 from your character level. They're both great help if you decide to play by yourself and grind for mesetas. Of course, you want at least a healer in such party.

However, I recommend you to avoid some boss fights such as Adahna Degahna. NPCs and combat PMs simply love to stand infront of the laser http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Unknown_PC on 2006-09-19 18:34 ]</font>

GaijinPUnch
Sep 19, 2006, 08:48 PM
The NPC's are about as useless as they were in PSO. Nothing more than a lure to keep the monsters from surrounding only you. I hear PMs are better... we'll see. Mine's only on level 35. It'll take me ages to get his ass up to 80.

StanleyPain
Sep 19, 2006, 09:25 PM
Oh man....you can hire NPCs online? That's awesome. yeah, I know they're prolly not all that much help, but even bait is better than nothing.

Pengfishh
Sep 19, 2006, 11:31 PM
I eat!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pengfishh on 2006-09-19 21:32 ]</font>

Ether
Sep 19, 2006, 11:36 PM
The NPCs are useless, they cant heal themselves (except Maya, she's probably the best one) and if they die it'll hurt your mission ranking

GaijinPUnch
Sep 20, 2006, 12:33 AM
Actually, Hyuga heals on occasion.... very, very rare occasion.

Diablohead
Sep 20, 2006, 05:25 AM
If npc's were easier to play with then other players it would nurf the game a little bit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif, still a bit disapointing that they are dumb.

A2K
Sep 20, 2006, 07:33 AM
They all heal, actually, even Leo and Lou--whip out Force rods and everything, the both of them. Not enough, though--Lou uses an SUV, and I think Leo can Nanoblast, too. This isn't like offline where you could just ignore their plight, unfortunately. I usually keep them around if they aren't doing too badly--the moment they become a liability, though, it's a swift kick out of the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-20 05:39 ]</font>

StanleyPain
Sep 20, 2006, 08:21 AM
I was obsessive about healing my teamates in PSO, so maybe it won't be an issue. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

darthplagis
Sep 20, 2006, 01:11 PM
im only offline but the NPC's i have (im only @ relics) heal as much as a cast in pso hehehe its handy to keep a cane in backup just in case.

watashiwa
Sep 20, 2006, 02:59 PM
Confirmed I've seen Hyuga heal himself online. (He's my NPC.. but he's let himself die too.. )