PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone thinking they're going to be "gimped"?

VanHalen
Sep 19, 2006, 07:49 PM
you can't get gimped in this game based on what i seen me myself im going to be a newman hunter cause i always wanted to be one in PSO FOnewm was kinda well...that hand on the hip thing lol. im gonna have the 2nd best ATA of hunters well cast will be strong in ATA and ATP of Forces and Beast will have the strongest ATP and DFP of rangers

Banert
Sep 19, 2006, 07:54 PM
Good on ya for being different, step away from the cookie cutter never hurt anyone. I don't get the gimped thing either, you'll be in a team, you'll help them in whatever way you can, and as theres no known vs. mode as of yet its not like you need to worry about a 10 foot blue cat punching you upside the head for 350 damage. Support individuality! Support teamwork! Support them implementing a floader race and tank wars!

Flamingo99
Sep 19, 2006, 07:55 PM
It was kind of hard to understand what you are saying... but I'm not sure if I can agree with you 100%. I really wanted to be a beast, but lately after looking up their stats, I dont know how good they will be. They will be great hunters, the ATA wont matter there because they can simply get a Tenora weapon (boosts ATA) and just attack an enemy from behind to get 100% accuracy. But as Rangers, they have the lowest ATA and using a Tenora weapon will increase ATA, but lower PP, which is important for guns. And I'm guessing its harder to get behind enemys when using a gun. They also have the 3rd lowest MST and TAP even as a force. Does anyone disagree? I really hope someone finds a flaw in my logic... I really liked beasts.

Animosity
Sep 19, 2006, 07:58 PM
im gonna be a newman hunter also. long eared pimps unite lol. no but seriously im am gonna be one but its obvious that a newman isnt the best for a hunter. but it doesnt matter because you can change your character proffesion.

the main reason im gonna be a newman is because they look sweet. the main reason im gonna be a hunter is because the spear looks badass. so a newman hunter with a spear will beasty. plus healing withem will be a cinch

Garroway
Sep 19, 2006, 08:01 PM
Games of this nature always have a community of high strung, brick headed, idiots that think that there is only one way to do things. They will refuse to group with anyone that does not have the race/class combination that they feel is ideal. They will refuse to group with anyone who has inferior equipment.

You either buy into that style of play or you don't. If you don't, then just don't worry about it. Play whatever you feel like playing because the differences are usualy minor enough that just wont make a big enough difference. Why stare at a character that you really don't feel like playing because he hits for 100 damage and the character you want to play only hits for 92 damage (for the 12:00 flashers, this is an ambiguous example unspecific to any game that I am aware of).

Banert
Sep 19, 2006, 08:01 PM
True, it does seem that you may be gimped, but as long as you're having fun, does it matter? In PSO I was a hunter with a balanced MAG, never did near as much damage as the pow MAGers, but I was balanced and I enjoyed doing a bit of healing and debuffing on the side, and it was nice to stand out a bit (all my friends used pure stat mags). I say have fun, and try it out. Oh, great signature:P

VanHalen
Sep 19, 2006, 08:02 PM
On 2006-09-19 17:54, Banert wrote:
Good on ya for being different, step away from the cookie cutter never hurt anyone. I don't get the gimped thing either, you'll be in a team, you'll help them in whatever way you can, and as theres no known vs. mode as of yet its not like you need to worry about a 10 foot blue cat punching you upside the head for 350 damage. Support individuality! Support teamwork! Support them implementing a floader race and tank wars!

floader races yay!!!!! yeah but the 10 foot blue cat that will be a problem but skill can prevail lol anyway yeah indivuality!!!

Banert
Sep 19, 2006, 08:04 PM
Good man VH, Ill see you on the race track, and this time...its for all the meseta.

AvianKaitos
Sep 19, 2006, 08:05 PM
Is PSU going to be gimped? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sorry, I had to.

Seriously though, play on what style best fits your play style; you whiney people you! and you know who you are! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Just kidding of course

VanHalen
Sep 19, 2006, 08:09 PM
yeah meseta lots of it i will need to pay for that cool moatoob sword lol i will the win though banert

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-09-19 18:10 ]</font>

chrisy05
Sep 19, 2006, 08:12 PM
bleh im picking a cast because of looks not because they get "BIG ASS GUNS" (still those suv weapons look sexy)
and actually now that i think about it a newman hunter would work out fine. They get the most evasion in that catergory pluss their superior technique stats should balance things out.

Banert
Sep 19, 2006, 08:12 PM
You wish, your hard earned cash will be buying my a nice Tenora spear
Anyone else in for the may-exist-someday Parum Racing League?

(Sorry, off topic, back to the issues)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banert on 2006-09-19 18:15 ]</font>

Animosity
Sep 19, 2006, 08:14 PM
um i know its off topic but how do u start a thread

Sevenfold
Sep 19, 2006, 08:24 PM
On 2006-09-19 18:12, chrisy05 wrote:
bleh im picking a cast because of looks not because they get "BIG ASS GUNS" (still those suv weapons look sexy)
and actually now that i think about it a newman hunter would work out fine. They get the most evasion in that catergory pluss their superior technique stats should balance things out.

Im with you on the looks portion, but I havent read or seen anything that confirms casts would be bad hunters. And even if they were, I still like casts the best. *Remembers his old cast and his first "huge ass sword" *

*sniffles*

foamcup
Sep 19, 2006, 08:28 PM
On 2006-09-19 18:12, Banert wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: Banert on 2006-09-19 18:15 ]

Sign me up! You jokers will be choking on my dust!

VanHalen
Sep 19, 2006, 08:29 PM
On 2006-09-19 18:12, Banert wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Banert on 2006-09-19 18:15 ]</font>

im in i'll be racing for the planet Neudaiz lol

chrisy05
Sep 19, 2006, 08:31 PM
yeah i made a hunter cast (he was black with that pointy nose face)
it was nice when i got my big lost survivor sword and when i had to spam heal items
to bad my fun ended when i acidently erased my file ..... *shudders

still when i make my cast in psu im either ganna go with the evangelion look or the robotech/gundum look

Niki
Sep 19, 2006, 08:35 PM
On 2006-09-19 17:55, Flamingo99 wrote:
I really wanted to be a beast, but...
...as Rangers, they have the lowest ATA and using a Tenora weapon will increase ATA, but lower PP, which is important for guns. And I'm guessing its harder to get behind enemys when using a gun. They also have the 3rd lowest MST and TAP even as a force. Does anyone disagree? I really hope someone finds a flaw in my logic... I really liked beasts.

First, when I started trying out the B-Rank missions [~LV10], my char was hitting for 0 15-25% of the time, which I hope is way more than the other races. This was with the best gear available from the Colony Arms Shop.

Second, hitting from behind with firearms is not really practical in my opinion, as one, it would waste a lot of valuable time, and two, there should be a cooperative effort between you and your Hunter teammates to maintain distance between you and your quarry. Your resposibility, after all, is to contain when possible, not to deal the most damage.

It can be frustrating sometimes, usually when soloing, but you can rise above it and play something that you like, even if it's not the best. If that's what you want.

And Garroway's right, people who won't party with you based on your stats are a waste of time. I'll party with any so-called 'gimped' character. Playing the game on easy mode isn't all it's cracked up to be, anyway.

norrisj15
Sep 19, 2006, 09:25 PM
I'm totaly in for a Parum Racing League
keep me posted
haha