PDA

View Full Version : How many people will you be with?

Chaobo99
Sep 19, 2006, 09:43 PM
How many people will you be with on the very first day?

NOTE: the more people in your party, the less EXP and items you get.
NOTE:The more the players, the more the easier enemies will be...

Pacpunk
Sep 19, 2006, 09:44 PM
ill just play i dont really care, i jst want to play at this point. ^ CLAN BUDDIE!!!

Chaobo99
Sep 19, 2006, 09:44 PM
I want to be balanced. A balanced squad and less dividing of EXP and CASH(meseta)...So I chose the traditional PSO number!!

Chaobo99
Sep 19, 2006, 09:47 PM
yeah!! I'm just gonna play but since I'm gonna start at lvl...1 (-_-;)... I don't want alot of EXP division..

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 19, 2006, 09:49 PM
I'm goin' solo all the way my first day. Not to get all the exp and loot to myself, but rather to avoid embarassing myself in front of people by making incessant newb mistakes as I get a feel for the game.

CpwninOBrien
Sep 19, 2006, 09:54 PM
i wish i had freinds to play with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Saiffy
Sep 19, 2006, 09:56 PM
One or two other people, whom are close friends. Perhaps old friends from PSO, if they so wish to do something.

The majority of people in massively populated games are too retarded.

Chaobo99
Sep 19, 2006, 09:56 PM
I'll play with you!

Sevenfold
Sep 19, 2006, 09:58 PM
Its not that you get less exp in a larger party, I dont know where you get that from. As with many online rpgs the enemies exp output is cut down yes, but the number OF enemies themselves increases. Which in turn, means, your not losing any exp. For items though, I can see a loss of those O_o

tomkat492
Sep 19, 2006, 10:00 PM
I always say solo to at least lvl 5. After that, its party party party, wait nvm, Immo be a ranger, which arent the cheap *pow pow pow* "Oh crap its getting close" *run out door* Repeat, anymore so i might need to party, unless I stay a hunter up till lvl 5 then change, I dunno.

Edit: Forget It, I just remembered, its phantasy star, you always get the same ammount of xp even if theres a lvl 100 in a group of lvl 5's so....PARTY ALL THE WAY WOOOT!!!!!111111oneoneone

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tomkat492 on 2006-09-19 20:03 ]</font>

princejake2
Sep 19, 2006, 10:04 PM
Just gonna be me and one, maybe two pals.

Natrokos
Sep 19, 2006, 10:06 PM
Meh, i'll just do whatever...I'm don't really power-level and I don't discriminate with who I play with (Unless you are super-retarded like this one guy in FFXI who thought subjobs were for noobs. Or this guy I played with in PSO who kept asking how to attack.) I'll play with my neighbour/friends most of the time anyway and party with anyone who wants to party.

Jozon
Sep 19, 2006, 10:07 PM
I'm not sure, do you gain xp/meseta faster soloing, and how hard is it to solo, basically, does the rank you can get from being in a team outweigh the rank you'd get solo

Bleu
Sep 19, 2006, 10:12 PM
I hope to play with all my buds on the first day. So I guess 6 people. I don't really mind the lessend xp or stuffs. As long as I have friends to play with, I'm a happy guy.

tomkat492
Sep 19, 2006, 10:13 PM
Well it might take longer if theres some hunter in the group running up one hitting everything stealing all the xp or some dude that waits for you to break the box then snags your meseta/item

Natrokos
Sep 19, 2006, 10:16 PM
^ Hopefully since the 360 community will be smaller people like that will be less common or frowned upon more.

Oh, and I prefer drops to be randomized, more fair for rangers.....even though i'm not playing one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Natrokos on 2006-09-19 20:18 ]</font>

Flamingo99
Sep 19, 2006, 10:39 PM
I'll take as many people as I get. I guess at first I'll do things on my own, just to get a feel for online (get used to the shop locations, do a few missions to hopefully level up).

Ibuka
Sep 19, 2006, 10:40 PM
Suraku, the masterful beast that he is, will partner up with me.... (You So Owe Me... And you know who you are Suraku XD lol)

Nilot
Sep 20, 2006, 12:20 AM
I'll just hope I can make some friends at all.. lol I'm used to the traditional 3 to a party setup in most rpgs I've played, so I'm more comfortable with it

Weak
Sep 20, 2006, 12:22 AM
I personally want to start my Online character solo for the first few levels and see if I can get a decent weapon and a good feel for the battle system.

Animosity
Sep 20, 2006, 12:46 AM
if someones cool they can join my party i dont care much about the numbers. hopefully team leader can kick ppl so that no one can be greedy. and well know cuz i heard that in psu it tells everyone if you get a rare items. ninja bastards!!!!!

Eclypse
Sep 20, 2006, 12:51 AM
Well considering I think it's retarded to give a shit about how fast I level, I will be macking out with my friends and whoever else wants to run with us.

Exp is good and all, but since I will be with friends I could give a damn about whether I get less or more items/rare since we will be sharing them anyways.

Zabrio
Sep 20, 2006, 01:09 AM
On 2006-09-19 19:54, CpwninOBrien wrote:
i wish i had freinds to play with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I'd play PSU with you also i man three is not that big and we would still get a good amount of exp

Yachiru
Sep 20, 2006, 02:08 AM
My friends and I have our set of 6 friends set up for a party. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Whoo~ Ready to party!

EDIT: But, when I solo I'm probably going to jump between parties, until I find a stable group of people to play with. I still need a group for the PC / PS2 version, though. T_T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yachiru on 2006-09-20 00:10 ]</font>

Killuminati
Sep 20, 2006, 02:15 AM
I really don't know because I really don't know how this version of the game works.

RuinedReBirth
Sep 20, 2006, 02:23 AM
I liked PSO a lot better when I played with my friends. SkyHawk, Dios and I had unbelievable fun on episode 3. Without those 2, I don't think I would have cared about a higher rank. And we will, again, be utter retards.

I will be hunting a lot though. Won't be any different than I was on PSO...I'll be there, but without my NUbar this time!. Rah!!!

LABIS. *ANGRY SOUND SYMBOL HERE*

xJermariox
Sep 20, 2006, 02:32 AM
Since I imported im pretty familiar with everything. I dont have any friends so once the US releases ill just make a room and play from there. Whoever joins the room is how many ppl ill be partying with.

Miyoko
Sep 20, 2006, 03:35 AM
I'm only planning on playing with friends... Thankfully, I've got about 9 friends joining me in PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

My usual group will be a trio, though -- Myself, and my two closest gaming buddies. All vets from PSO, too! ^-^

Losodo1976
Sep 20, 2006, 03:38 AM
I'm gonna solo online for an hour or so to get the feel, after that I'm always in a group. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Luceid
Sep 20, 2006, 03:47 AM
Play with as many people as you can. 6-man runs spawn more monsters which all die faster so there's more money/exp. There is no 'division' of exp for having 6 people as opposed to 2 people.

Seriously.

Radek
Sep 20, 2006, 03:50 AM
I'll be with my brother, sis, some friends of mine, and theirs, as well as anyone I befriend as I play.

DiosGX
Sep 20, 2006, 03:51 AM
On 2006-09-19 20:00, tomkat492 wrote:
I always say solo to at least lvl 5. After that, its party party party, wait nvm, Immo be a ranger, which arent the cheap *pow pow pow* "Oh crap its getting close" *run out door* Repeat, anymore so i might need to party, unless I stay a hunter up till lvl 5 then change, I dunno.

While you can't always run out of rooms in all areas, enemies do have restrictions on how far they can chase you. It just isn't "oh he moved through a door way" *disappears*

Miyoko
Sep 20, 2006, 03:52 AM
Playing with 6 people is more chaotic, and harder to co-ordinate. As a result, it often means more deaths.

One thing I learned while playing CoH is that more people != a better team. I find I ALWAYS do better in 2-3 person teams, because we talk and strategize, instead of just LOL ZERG RUSH 6 man groups tend to do, which is what gets people killed. I don't want my mission score to be comprimised by someone trying to be a cowboy.

... Now, if you can get a 6-man team of people willing to co-operate, strategize, and do something other than rush...

Alisha
Sep 20, 2006, 04:03 AM
On 2006-09-20 00:23, RuinedReBirth wrote:
I liked PSO a lot better when I played with my friends. SkyHawk, Dios and I had unbelievable fun on episode 3. Without those 2, I don't think I would have cared about a higher rank. And we will, again, be utter retards.

I will be hunting a lot though. Won't be any different than I was on PSO...I'll be there, but without my NUbar this time!. Rah!!!

LABIS. *ANGRY SOUND SYMBOL HERE*

who the hell are you?
i knew dios and skyhawk on pso but i have no who you are.

Alisha
Sep 20, 2006, 04:05 AM
btw im amazed how many people have RL friends to play with my brother played pso but says psu blows cause theres no splitscreen multi.

Xenofobia
Sep 20, 2006, 04:13 AM
im going to lvl solo first so i can start useing wands as im going to be a beast force^^ after that i will be in partys as suport/nuker

tank1
Sep 20, 2006, 04:19 AM
Ill just do whatever is easiest. If 5 of my friends are online ill play in a 6 man party if im on my own ill find a random game and join.

Luceid
Sep 20, 2006, 04:40 AM
On 2006-09-20 01:52, Miyoko wrote:
Playing with 6 people is more chaotic, and harder to co-ordinate. As a result, it often means more deaths.

One thing I learned while playing CoH is that more people != a better team. I find I ALWAYS do better in 2-3 person teams, because we talk and strategize, instead of just LOL ZERG RUSH 6 man groups tend to do, which is what gets people killed. I don't want my mission score to be comprimised by someone trying to be a cowboy.

... Now, if you can get a 6-man team of people willing to co-operate, strategize, and do something other than rush...

PSU is a lot different from City of <X>.

I can join in a game with 5 random Japanese or English speaking people I have never met before, and chances are that nobody is going to die and we're all going to kill that B-rank dragon in a minute flat and have fun.

I've had more fun with this import than I ever had with City of Sephirothclones.

Miyoko
Sep 20, 2006, 05:07 AM
On 2006-09-20 02:40, Luceid wrote:

PSU is a lot different from City of <X>.

I can join in a game with 5 random Japanese or English speaking people I have never met before, and chances are that nobody is going to die and we're all going to kill that B-rank dragon in a minute flat and have fun.

I've had more fun with this import than I ever had with City of Sephirothclones.

I mean no offence, but I'll have to see it to believe it. That's NEVER been the case in my experience. PUGs -never- go as fluently as groups of friends, or people you know who're willing to really work togeather to accomplish stuff. Maybe PSU will be different, but I'm really not counting on it.

... However, I DO NOT doubt that you've had more fun with PSU than City of Retarded-devs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif That game blows ass ever since CoV came out.

Tystys
Sep 20, 2006, 05:08 AM
I'm not exactly sure. My real life freinds are getting PSU on a later date, and so are my guild mates. Alot of the FKLites I know aren't getting it till later, either....I'LL BE ALONE! OH GOD WHY!

Demonkaze
Sep 20, 2006, 05:14 AM
I'll be playing with a friend of mine from FFXI. We imported the japanese PC version of FFXI together and we just order the JP version of PSU. When the NA version comes out my brother will be playing as well.

Xenofobia
Sep 20, 2006, 05:30 AM
Im going to find someone to play alot whit^^ i dont like soloing so much

Zarbolord
Sep 20, 2006, 05:57 AM
I'll be palying with many friends, most from pso-world http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

kassy
Sep 20, 2006, 06:28 AM
6 ppl parties rule, the more people, the more battling carnage goodness!

Rhyv
Sep 20, 2006, 06:41 AM
ya im gona try and get 2 of my friends to play but i know how it will go cause it was the same as it was with FFXI.

they get on play for about a month and quit for some reason and even if they do play longer then a month there never on over an hour at time....which drove me insane especially since one of them bought the HDD for ps2 which is 110$ with tax and he wasted his cash and never played..... that just drives me insane

Magician
Sep 20, 2006, 06:56 AM
I'll run six deep every chance I get.

EGO-BOT
Sep 20, 2006, 07:08 AM
I never knew about the less EXP and Items thing. All the same; 6 players sounds like a blast.

I wonder if all 6 of you have their Partner machinery fully raised and then call them into battle you can have a 12 strong team.

Magician
Sep 20, 2006, 07:11 AM
On 2006-09-20 05:08, EGO-BOT wrote:
I never knew about the less EXP and Items thing. All the same; 6 players sounds like a blast.

I wonder if all 6 of you have their Partner machinery fully raised and then call them into battle you can have a 12 strong team.

I think partner machinery is offline only. At least, I haven't seen any in all the online party vids I've seen.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 20, 2006, 07:14 AM
At least 4.

Saner
Sep 20, 2006, 10:11 AM
anything more than 4 will be triple the fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I dreamed of a pso supporting at least 5 ppl like PSIII and PSIV. its great they allow PSU to support more.