PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order???

Kadaj117
Sep 19, 2006, 09:51 PM
I live in Canada, Alberta. If I went down to my EB Games and wanted to pre-orderd PSU right away could I? Or would they not have heard of it yet??

CpwninOBrien
Sep 19, 2006, 09:52 PM
id call them but i live in USA

Zaiden
Sep 19, 2006, 09:56 PM
I Pre-Ordered it today. Don't live in Canada though, US here.

I'm not sure if you could, probably best to call and find out.

Kadaj117
Sep 19, 2006, 09:59 PM
Alright Ill probably do that I guess.

McLaughlin
Sep 19, 2006, 10:12 PM
I preordered my 360 copy a little over a week ago. I'm sure it'd be no different in Alberta. (I'm in Ontario)

Kimil
Sep 19, 2006, 10:18 PM
Lol, what about for Me? I live way north in Yellowknife NWT

Flamingo99
Sep 19, 2006, 10:37 PM
Why don't you call the store to make sure?

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 19, 2006, 10:46 PM
If you ask to pre-order a copy of PSU and they can't figure out what you're talking about, then by all means, post signs all over the storefront declaring that they don't actually sell games at this retail location, and that people interested in purchasing such items will just have to go elsewhere to get their fix.

Canada is getting the game at the same time as the United States. They have it on their list here, so if they don't have it on their list there, then they're really off the ball.

CpwninOBrien
Sep 19, 2006, 11:09 PM
On 2006-09-19 20:46, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
If you ask to pre-order a copy of PSU and they can't figure out what you're talking about, then by all means, post signs all over the storefront declaring that they don't actually sell games at this retail location, and that people interested in purchasing such items will just have to go elsewhere to get their fix.

lol i think i saw them do that on an ep of jackass

StanleyPain
Sep 20, 2006, 09:26 AM
I work at a retail store that sells video games (it's a fairly large chain, though I'd rather not give the name) and I can tell you that we do NOT have a UPC or SKU in our system for the 360 version of PSU. Some stores legitimately may not be able to order it yet.
Remember folks...do NOT take out your frustrations on the guys (or gals) working inside these places....they put up with a lot of crap and being nice to them will help you immensely down the road if you're a full-fledged gamer. Don't get all whiney and counter-poundy, but rather try to understand that a lot of this crap is out of their hands and often up to buyers and corporate staff who, most likely, don't know anything about games other than "they make money, let's sell them."

tyler2zelda
Sep 20, 2006, 09:29 AM
OMG that's so true ^_^

Saner
Sep 20, 2006, 09:30 AM
no UPC or SKU of the Xbox360 version yet? hmmmm. does this hint a delay?

tank1
Sep 20, 2006, 09:33 AM
No.

tyler2zelda
Sep 20, 2006, 09:34 AM
No.

tank1
Sep 20, 2006, 09:35 AM
Lol internet.

Sorry Saner ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tank1 on 2006-09-20 07:36 ]</font>

StanleyPain
Sep 20, 2006, 09:37 AM
In my 4+ year experience dealing with video games on the retail level, it's not so much a sign of delay as it is a sign of how generally out of it corporate buyers are. My guess is that our game buyer simply doesn't care. He was sent a release list of stuff, saw a new PS2 game, put THAT in the system, but failed to note (or care) that it was a triple platform game because it didn't have a name attachment to it like Final Fantasy or Madden or something like that. Believe me, it's true. The games that matter most to you and I often go unnoticed when people like that can't see the immediate value of it. I put an email into our corporate about getting the UPCs for the PC and 360 versions, so we'll see where that goes. But, seriously, it's not a delay...just the usual for some stores.

Zarbolord
Sep 20, 2006, 09:38 AM
I wonder if I could pre-order the EU version. I'll go ask soon at Micromania, since they're always the first to get the stuff in Cote D'Azur...