PDA

View Full Version : Meseta and Experience Division.

anmato145
Sep 19, 2006, 10:04 PM
Basically all I want to know, is if the more people = less exp per kill. Do you have to hit the mob to get exp if someone else kills. And how is meseta Divided in missions. One pick up = divided? Or Less in mission = More payout. Thx

Kyuu
Sep 19, 2006, 10:08 PM
Experience is not "divided." If you tag a monster (by damaging it in some way), you get exp for killing it. The experience is the same no matter how many or few people are in your party with you. If you land the killing blow, you get slightly more experience for the monster kill.

Meseta drops are not divided either. Whoever picks it up, gets it. At least, that's what I've heard from those who play. Meseta rewards at the end of missions are determined only by what rank you earn. Again, doesn't matter how many or how few teammates you have.

Natrokos
Sep 19, 2006, 10:15 PM
I don't know about exp division but meseta is set so whoever grabs it, gets it. Items can be set so they are randomly distributed amongst the group, or whoever grabs it gets it.....And there's another option I believe but I can't remember it. More people will probably allow you to go through missions much faster but you would probably get less items. *shrugs* Correct me if i'm wrong.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 19, 2006, 10:44 PM
I don't know about exp division but meseta is set so whoever grabs it, gets it. Items can be set so they are randomly distributed amongst the group, or whoever grabs it gets it....

Meseta are "items" in this sense. If non-rares are set to random distribution, meseta is randomly distributed.

More people will probably allow you to go through missions much faster but you would probably get less items. *shrugs* Correct me if i'm wrong.

This is true. In theory, you get the same amount of money/items in the same amount of time it would take you to gather them in easier modes playing solo (depending on the area, of course). I played A-Relics last night for about an hour. After refilling PP a few times, I often only made a couple hundred meseta, then the finishing bonus.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2006-09-19 20:46 ]</font>

Itsuki
Sep 20, 2006, 01:26 AM
The speed you're gaining money in a big group is offset by how fast you're doing a big misison. When it comes down to it, half, if not more, of the meseta you earn is going to be from the finishing bonus. And in a party, you're able to kill harder things at a faster speed, where even if you just tag, you're probably gaining more than at a place you can solo effectively.

I find in a party of ~4 I gain the most exp/meseta/items. But in parties of 6 it goes down a bit, although its alot easier.

Animosity
Sep 20, 2006, 08:31 AM
i might actualy solo alot because im greedy and i want all the items. so im gonna play with other ppl until we start getting rare wpns then im gonna go solo or party up with only one more member