PDA

View Full Version : PSU Xbox Live Demo info is True! (Better source)

xenokai
Sep 20, 2006, 12:04 AM
http://www.xboxic.com/news/1648

OMG I'm gonna wet my self. lol I can't wait!

TwilightSea
Sep 20, 2006, 12:16 AM
$10 isn't that bad for an online fee. Compared to WoWs? No thanks. If PSU is like the good 'ol days of PSO then I'm coming back and not going back to WoW.

xenokai
Sep 20, 2006, 12:18 AM
?

Taichi
Sep 20, 2006, 12:23 AM
Thanks xenokai for re-confirming this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. I am definitely looking forward to the demo of this game on the XBL Marketplace. Hopefully, they release it at least two weeks before the game comes out as that will be fair. Of course, tomorrow would be even better but that's not happening http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Vetto
Sep 20, 2006, 12:25 AM
ok... i don't get it why Do people bitch over this Fee, WHAT HAS CHANGED! the Fee was there on pso! no one seemed to mind now all of sudden it like "OMG!!111oneoneone". Why is this so shocking?

xenokai
Sep 20, 2006, 12:26 AM
I really hope its during the 9 day bringing it homw thing that just started today. Also here where i think the demo new started from http://orangeloungeradio.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=628 I really really hope its released soon. Ill be heading to my friend house to DL and play.

TwilightSea
Sep 20, 2006, 12:28 AM
And besides, do you people really want the dreaded PSO DC events to happen again of people hacking and crap? (Even though our chars' will be on the server this time thank gawd.)

xenokai
Sep 20, 2006, 12:29 AM
Im not even paying attention to fee news why is all the news headers about the fee? It should be about the DEMO! Ill pay $9.99 sell used games on ebay is easy. Plus i payed 12.95 for ffxi like 2 years ago. and 8.95 for pso on GC. Ill be playing on pc but i dont mind trying it on 360 to see what it looks like when cranked to max setting! xD

CpwninOBrien
Sep 20, 2006, 12:31 AM
events were fun i remember my hunny getting married to some hucast man he was pissed when i said i was a dude

Eclypse
Sep 20, 2006, 12:32 AM
I'm sorry but this site isn't a more credible source. If you look at the damn article the guy doesn't even know the release date of the game. He says, the game comes out later this year, when it comes out in just over 30 days. These sites you guys are saying are credible are PURE CRAP.

xenokai
Sep 20, 2006, 12:35 AM
On 2006-09-19 22:32, Eclypse wrote:
I'm sorry but this site isn't a more credible source. If you look at the damn article the guy doesn't even know the release date of the game. He says, the game comes out later this year, when it comes out in just over 30 days. These sites you guys are saying are credible are PURE CRAP.

Well if its not true it suxs then. But it really seems like the Email was just recieved a couple of hours ago and hopefully sega will clear it up. But reason i say its a better source is because ive used this site for a long time and they usally are reliable.

Taichi
Sep 20, 2006, 12:36 AM
And that's why the PC/PS2 users look down on us because of this type of idiocy -_-; They think because we pay a Live Gold Membership of $49.99 (btw has it been confirmed that it can use the Silver account?), paying an extra $9.99/month is no big deal. Unless, you don't either play these types of games or you don't have a job/allowance to do it.

xenokai
Sep 20, 2006, 12:42 AM
On 2006-09-19 22:36, Taichi wrote:
And that's why the PC/PS2 users look down on us because of this type of idiocy -_-; They think because we pay a Live Gold Membership of $49.99 (btw has it been confirmed that it can use the Silver account?), paying an extra $9.99/month is no big deal. Unless, you don't either play these types of games or you don't have a job/allowance to do it.

Most people who say stuff about the 360 50$ a year fee is someone who doesn't care for xbox OR someone just jealous they cant afford one? Even if i cant afford the ps3 i still think it will have must have games just like 360. I have a 360 and getting the PC ver to play with friends. It will only require a silver account anyway. (which doesn't even ask you for any type of billing on 360) I make multiple free silver accounts just to play halo 2 with all my friends on ranked macths. lol Xbox live can be free if u wanna make account over and over. But once you get the fill of what makes xbox live shine you will make ya wanna buy the cheap 50$ a year card. (its only 30$ for 13 month cards at alot of places)

Kers
Sep 20, 2006, 12:49 AM
Meh, it sounds believable to me. I was wondering if a XBL marketplace demo would be available for the Xbox360 since PSU was announced for the 360, so, I'm totally hyped.

Eclypse
Sep 20, 2006, 12:59 AM
The only games I think the PlayStation 3 will have that I will NEED TO PLAY will be Final Fantasy XIII. I have never liked the idea of FF as an online MMO which is why I never partook in playing, but FF as single player offline joints.........is hot shit.

The people that bitch about the fee for XL are those that don't actually take a moment to think about how retarded they really are. Let's look at it logically.

In the course of 365 days you spend $49.99 for a Gold account. Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I can blow $49.99 on fastfood in 2 or 3 days, so why the hell would I care about the fee. Sure you have to pay $9.99 but there are lots of things I'm sure people waste $10 each month............crappy CDs that they wish they would have never bought, or random stuff that you just wanted to buy for the hell of it.

Zabrio
Sep 20, 2006, 01:05 AM
The fee is for online only right? I ask because i will not be online right away i want to get a hang of the story mode game and the controls.

Yachiru
Sep 20, 2006, 01:05 AM
Xenokai, don't worry, I really don't think it's a joke. Sega's been sending out emails and such talking about it, so I'm sure it's coming out sometime before the 24th.

-Crokar-
Sep 20, 2006, 01:09 AM
like spending 50 bucks on a darth vader helmet.

Saner
Sep 20, 2006, 08:39 AM
the offline mode is free of course.

I think you have to have online connection to play the offline mode though, like PC.

tyler2zelda
Sep 20, 2006, 09:13 AM
I'm pretty sure it has been confirmed that you only need Xbox Live Silver to play. Is the $9.99 a month payable thru Paypal, though?

*holds up flame shield*

Saner
Sep 20, 2006, 09:31 AM
lol!!! paypal??? is that even possible? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

tyler2zelda
Sep 20, 2006, 09:33 AM
I seriously have no idea >_< OR PHONE? WHAT ABOUT PHONE? lolololol
My mom has a credit card, but it needs to be paid off a little before I can start up with my monthly payments crap >_>

Saner
Sep 20, 2006, 09:37 AM
phone? Phone??? lol! is that even possible???? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

maybe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

tyler2zelda
Sep 20, 2006, 09:41 AM
If it works for phone I'll be a happy person. And I also hope you don't need X360 Gold (which I HIGHLY doubt you need). If things flow like that, I be extremely happy ^_^

*hopes PSU is payable thru Surfpin (phone)*

xenokai
Sep 20, 2006, 12:23 PM
hope we hear some news about it =/

Valkayree
Sep 20, 2006, 12:28 PM
Wow, I sense a whole lot of bias in that "official confirmation". Also, that is Xboxic, not the official XBOX site. I can hardly regard this as official, but we will see.

Valkayree
Sep 20, 2006, 12:31 PM
On 2006-09-20 07:41, tyler2zelda wrote:
If it works for phone I'll be a happy person. And I also hope you don't need X360 Gold (which I HIGHLY doubt you need). If things flow like that, I be extremely happy ^_^

*hopes PSU is payable thru Surfpin (phone)*

You will need a high speed internet connection connected to your Xbox 360, a debit card or a credit card to play most likely. You will enter this information into the user friendly secure menus that pop up during the game install, most likely. At least this is the way it works with most online rpgs (well FFXI and PSO, that's all we have ever got) on a Microsoft console.

Pacpunk
Sep 20, 2006, 12:33 PM
they still dont say when the damn demo comes out. WHEN....WHEN!!!!?

foamcup
Sep 20, 2006, 12:40 PM
On 2006-09-19 22:31, CpwninOBrien wrote:
events were fun i remember my hunny getting married to some hucast man he was pissed when i said i was a dude

LOLWTFHAX!!!!1!

I used to play hunnies all the time and get mad items since I would always pretend to be a girl. Somehow me and this actual girl I used to play with started going around saying we were sisters, I can't even remember how that got started, lol. Back on topic, if there is a demo, it needs to be on the PC also, since I have no 360.

darthplagis
Sep 20, 2006, 12:47 PM
you DONT NEED A CONNECTION FOR OFFLINE on consoles, im playing the JP PSU now and my PS2 aint online.

i hope the MS points rumor is true as its easier for me to pay a HL than a Ccard

Link00seven
Sep 20, 2006, 03:46 PM
I'm excited about the possibility of a PSU Demo on the 360!

I just hope that the game doesn't require Xbox Live Gold because mine is set to expire on Oct. 11th and I have no desire to renew it if PSU can just be played with Silver and the $9.99 monthly fee.

-Crokar-
Sep 20, 2006, 03:47 PM
hasnt it been confirmed you only need a silver account

Yachiru
Sep 20, 2006, 03:50 PM
Yeah, you can have a silver account and still play PSU online.

tiki-man
Sep 20, 2006, 04:16 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tiki-man on 2006-09-20 14:40 ]</font>

Valkayree
Sep 20, 2006, 04:35 PM
On 2006-09-20 10:40, foamcup wrote:

On 2006-09-19 22:31, CpwninOBrien wrote:

LOLWTFHAX!!!!1!

I used to play hunnies all the time and get mad items since I would always pretend to be a girl. Somehow me and this actual girl I used to play with started going around saying we were sisters, I can't even remember how that got started, lol. Back on topic, if there is a demo, it needs to be on the PC also, since I have no 360.

And there inlies the reason why your scheme would never work on the 360, unless you were ten years old at the time. I still to this day cannot tell the difference between the voice of a ten year old boy and a 16-25 year old female. But I dislike the lack of voice chat because I like to know who I am dealing with a lot of time, and voice chat gives it away in pure clarity (most of the time). Many age groups type similarly, using short hand and common slang, so often times that person you are taking orders from in your clan could be ten years younger than you without a driver's license. I guess it is wrong to discriminate based on age, but I discuss mature themes more often than not, and it helps to know whether I am talking with someone who should not be hearing what I have to say, or someone who will get what I'm saying and find it funny. Also, a person's age can also reveal many things, such as common interests, reliability, and responsibility. I'm sure you say, come on Valkyerii, I mean Valkrye, umm, Valkayree, what's wrong with ten year olds in your party? They grew up on the internet, they've surfed the web since they can tie their shoes! I'm sure they are mature enough to be responsible for others in a party! Forget voice chat man, use a keyboard, it's no problem. ---> My response--> Yeah, OK! I'll do that, so when my teammate quits doing his job completely because his parents are calling I can wait on him for 30 minutes and attempt to discuss what is the problem, when if I would have known he was that young to begin with I wouldn't have even partied ^_^

-Break-
Sep 20, 2006, 04:44 PM
What is with people being so scared of a $9.99 a month fee, it's the same price as going to the fricking movies...It honestly is not that much money. I've paid monthly fees ever since I was 9 years old when I first started playing Ultima Online...

Tystys
Sep 20, 2006, 05:02 PM
I was expecting for there to be some kind of demo, but for online play to be included as well? That's just poppy cock! But it came straight from the mouth of SEGA, so I'm believeing it for now, XD. This is great news, I'm going to kick my uncle off the 360 for a few days XD