PDA

View Full Version : I can feel it -- another rollback is coming

GaijinPUnch
Sep 20, 2006, 03:00 AM
Someone posted a duping method on 2ch earlier today. The method he gave only worked for synthing materials, but as such, you can do 99 at a time. Flipping through shops today, I see people selling 800 meseta items for 550, and have well over 100 in stock.

The method could probably work for anything, but it requires two people, and takes a decent amount of time apparently.

I guess we'll see.

Ether
Sep 20, 2006, 03:06 AM
I wonder if they'll try to rollback to before the bug was known about or just wipe everyones characters again

I hope they can get this fixed quickly at least...

A2K
Sep 20, 2006, 03:26 AM
I don't think they'll wipe again. I believe a big factor in the wipe was the fact the game had only been out for two days.

Still, though, now that it's public, I'm sure they're working on it now as we speak.

Losodo1976
Sep 20, 2006, 03:30 AM
F*ck, so the duping starts again. Dammit, I hope all that sh*t gets fixed before NA release. I'd hate to have to endure server rollbacks every month. Why don't people just stop f*ckin' around and just play the damn game?

kassy
Sep 20, 2006, 03:49 AM
It was only a matter of time, was expecting this; it will be interesting to see how Sega handle fixing an in-game glitch, they can't roll-back every time this happens, wouldn't be good publicity, hopefully they have other correction methods in place, as this probably won’t be the last time we see a major bug.

Alisha
Sep 20, 2006, 03:51 AM
sure they can roll backs are common practice in mmo's in situations like this.

Miyoko
Sep 20, 2006, 03:54 AM
In the 3.5 years I've been playing MMORPGs, I've NEVER ONCE had/seen/experienced a rollback....

Ether
Sep 20, 2006, 04:00 AM
You never played RO then

Miyoko
Sep 20, 2006, 04:09 AM
... Nope, never did. And from everything I've ever heard about it, I'm glad I didn't.

... apparantly, I can add one more reason to the list... ;p

Alisha
Sep 20, 2006, 04:11 AM
ive seen 3

one in ffxi the other 2 in asherons call.

Luceid
Sep 20, 2006, 04:50 AM
Haha. Ragnarok Online = hey guys lets keep all our passwords in a txt file on our unprotected mysql servers WAIT AAAAAAAAA AAA

I remember that.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 20, 2006, 04:59 AM
If they nip it in the bud (or actually ban a few people) it won't be a big deal. This is Sega though. It took them 3 months to come up w/ PSO v1.1

RamenEater
Sep 20, 2006, 05:02 AM
I dealt with teh hacking in PSO, i did some myself, but now that I have to pay for it they better fix things before it gets out of hand =/.

Tystys
Sep 20, 2006, 05:03 AM
Ugh, I agree, Losodo, I hope most of this shit doesn't even make it to release. We can only dream, my freinds....

Diablohead
Sep 20, 2006, 05:17 AM
I thought psu jp gets the full reset treatment at the end of the beta month? so there would be a wipe anyway?

GaijinPUnch
Sep 20, 2006, 05:56 AM
I dealt with teh hacking in PSO, i did some myself, but now that I have to pay for it they better fix things before it gets out of hand =/.

I've paid for an HL for all 3 versions of PSO I played (pretty heavily too, I might add).

I thought psu jp gets the full reset treatment at the end of the beta month?

not necessarily. They said "it's possible" that they'll do a reset....basically if something like this happened, so...

Kamica
Sep 20, 2006, 07:16 AM
Im willing to deal with a week character rollback.

A character wipe on the other hand...lets just say that I wouldnt be happy.

I do find this topic interesting. I have not heard anybody talk about this duping problem ingame. I am a bit skeptical about whether this problem is like what you say it is.

SephYuyX
Sep 20, 2006, 07:39 AM
On 2006-09-20 02:50, Luceid wrote:
Haha. Ragnarok Online = hey guys lets keep all our passwords in a txt file on our unprotected mysql servers WAIT AAAAAAAAA AAA

I remember that.

I still have that list, 150mb of every login name and password of people who played on the NA version.

Kekeke, made so much zeny from that.

Saner
Sep 20, 2006, 08:50 AM
rollbacks are more harmful than duping. rollbacks and wipes affect everyone, even the innocent.

duping on the other hand is not as bad in comparison, since ppl do that privately and if you discover ppl who dupe, just avoid doing business with them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

Animosity
Sep 20, 2006, 08:54 AM
since i have to pay ten dollars a month they better provide a hacker free game. its so easy to fix. just have game masters that look for that crap.

Saner
Sep 20, 2006, 08:58 AM
On 2006-09-20 06:54, Animosity wrote:
since i have to pay ten dollars a month they better provide a hacker free game. its so easy to fix. just have game masters that look for that crap.

easier said than done. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/frenchfries.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ketchup.gif

is this your first orpg/mmorpg? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

tank1
Sep 20, 2006, 09:13 AM
All ST has to do is make sure people know they will be punished if caught duping etc. That alone would deter a few people and the mere prescence of Game Masters would probably scare off more people. But your living in ignorance if you believe youll ever get a duper/hacker etc free game.

A2K
Sep 20, 2006, 09:17 AM
Hmm, that does actually have me wondering. Are there or will there be Admins walking about? Do they look any different from regular players, like the custom model in PSOBB?

zofia
Sep 20, 2006, 09:17 AM
On 2006-09-20 01:54, Miyoko wrote:
In the 3.5 years I've been playing MMORPGs, I've NEVER ONCE had/seen/experienced a rollback....

I experienced several roll backs in WoW.

One time it happened after I made a new hunter. The rollback happened after I made level 10 and had my pet skills, but after the rollback some (but not all) of my pet skills were gone including: feed pet. o.O

On 2006-09-20 01:00 GaijinPUnch wrote:

Someone posted a duping method on 2ch earlier today. The method he gave only worked for synthing materials, but as such, you can do 99 at a time. Flipping through shops today, I see people selling 800 meseta items for 550, and have well over 100 in stock.

The method could probably work for anything, but it requires two people, and takes a decent amount of time apparently.

I guess we'll see.

Duping, ALREADY? WTF!

How is this even POSSIBLE? I thought this game was sever-side. I've never even heard of duping in online games that were server-side.

This is extremely depressing...

tank1
Sep 20, 2006, 09:19 AM
On the private RO server im on the Admins can turn there chars invisible so that they can spy on suspected cheaters etc. Maybe PSU might do something like that IF they have Game Masters or Admins.(whatever you want to call em)

Saner
Sep 20, 2006, 09:35 AM
maybe the Rappies in cities are GMs in disguise. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

anyways no need to get all emo about duping http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif it isn't no where near as bad as BSOD or player killing/dropped weapon stealing.

wyzwun
Sep 20, 2006, 09:41 AM
I just dont want psu to be like how pso was, where we had the legits VS the cheaters, and being label a cheater just means you have a rare item, it just blew chunks... "look he has a E Frame, DUPE!!!"

I dont want to deal with that, but still, im not shocked at all that the JP's are coming out with the sploits at a fast rate, its what they do well... i mean, i never saw a ffxi bot that wasnt created by a JP... so yea thank god NA release will be NA ONRY

ONRY
ONRY
ONRY

tank1
Sep 20, 2006, 09:42 AM
I think people are annoyed simply beacuase the game has been out like 5minutes and already someone has started duping. I mean cmon thats just taking the piss.

zofia
Sep 20, 2006, 09:47 AM
Yeah, and I mean: how is this is even POSSIBLE in a game with server-side saves?

I know in WoW people hacked speed glitches, bots for gold farming (mostly Chinese-run hunters outside instance areas), and stuff like that. But I've never even heard of out right duping in an online-only game. I can easily see how it happened on PSO, because of the mem cards used to store character data. But in an online-only game it *should* be impossible, yet...

Oh well, shame on me for expecting ST to do anything other than FAIL when it comes to servers.

Anisha
Sep 20, 2006, 09:54 AM
Duping in Online Games with server sided saves is very well possible due to server leekholes.

In FFXI you gave an item to your Outbox and faked a lag and if done propperly the item was sent as well as you had it. If I remember correctly. Might be similar for PSU.

zofia
Sep 20, 2006, 09:57 AM
I see.

Well, I'll hope for the best, expect the worst, and maybe it'll be okay.

There's was tons of duping in GC PSO but it didn't really affect me. I mostly played with a small group of friends in locked games and none of us duped. But, still, it would be nice if ~ for once ~ they could run an online game that wasn't hacked to hell in one month... >_>

wyzwun
Sep 20, 2006, 09:57 AM
I have never seen an MMOP launch where there was not problems, in fact, ffxi launched with a dupe sploit, EQOA had a dupe bug for like 5 months + before it was fixed. I have seen roll backs in FFXI, EQPC and even WoW.

There BETA was far to short imo.

Saner
Sep 20, 2006, 10:01 AM
I think they just didn't provide this game with enough servers at the start.

maybe the overflow of ppl caused most of the problems.

but anyways duping is an extremely minor thing unless you get involved in that sort of thing and people. duping might steal customers but there are always alternatives to make money.

But, still, it would be nice if ~ for once ~ they could run an online game that wasn't hacked to hell in one month... >_>

well considering there are no PSU reports of intentional BSOD, player killing, item stealing, etc., PSU even as it is now is not even close to being so heavily hacked as the PSO games were in the past.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-09-20 08:04 ]</font>

tank1
Sep 20, 2006, 10:04 AM
Still if duping gets out of hand like it did in PSO then things like setting up shop in your room and rares actually being rare are going to be a thing of the past. Im justing waiting for another person to come along telling us that some hacker has found a TJS sword to finish off the little faith i had in ST preventing crap like this.

vg_geek86
Sep 20, 2006, 10:13 AM
Already?
WTF, well at least it was caught early, and hopefully Sega does something about it. I doubt they will right away, it would make more sense to wait for several bugs to come up and fix a bunch all at once. A rollback for just 1 would be kinda pointless, because another would probably just pop up in a matter of weeks.

Zabrio
Sep 20, 2006, 10:15 AM
WTF duping already and ho long was it out??? I swear all of these hackes have no life and live to ruin games. I hate those hackers and if FSODing comes back with it's buddy's weopon stealing and player killing then they better make moderators/Adims/what ever you want to call it and ban those hackers or at least cancel their online account for that like on Halo2 you hacked cheated and modded online then you were banned and you wasted your money if that was all you played with that accout.

tyler2zelda
Sep 20, 2006, 10:15 AM
That is so true that it belongs in an encyclopedia ^_^

Kou-Diacyper
Sep 20, 2006, 10:34 AM
On 2006-09-20 08:13, vg_geek86 wrote:
Already?
WTF, well at least it was caught early, and hopefully Sega does something about it. I doubt they will right away, it would make more sense to wait for several bugs to come up and fix a bunch all at once. A rollback for just 1 would be kinda pointless, because another would probably just pop up in a matter of weeks.

Yes, pointless to restore how the game is supposed to be played.

vg_geek86
Sep 20, 2006, 10:41 AM
On 2006-09-20 08:34, Kou-Diacyper wrote:

Already?

You miss understood me, Im not saying it be pointless overall, but pointless to roll back for every glitch/bug that comes out, because more will come up in the future. It's pretty inevitable, especially in an RPG like this one.
To me it would make more sense to wait and see if any more come up, then fix a bunch at once, and in the mean time, if possible, keep a close eye on who's doing it and smite them with something heavy and blunt.

farplaner
Sep 20, 2006, 10:42 AM
I'm sorry for being doubtful, but consider the source: 2ch is about as reliable as someone's "friend's friend", if the PSU 2ch board is as reliable as the FFXI 2ch board.

uhawww
Sep 20, 2006, 11:05 AM
On 2006-09-20 08:42, farplaner wrote:
I'm sorry for being doubtful, but consider the source: 2ch is about as reliable as someone's "friend's friend", if the PSU 2ch board is as reliable as the FFXI 2ch board.

QFT

Kou-Diacyper
Sep 20, 2006, 11:36 AM
On 2006-09-20 08:41, vg_geek86 wrote:

On 2006-09-20 08:34, Kou-Diacyper wrote:

Already?

You miss understood me, Im not saying it be pointless overall, but pointless to roll back for every glitch/bug that comes out, because more will come up in the future. It's pretty inevitable, especially in an RPG like this one.
To me it would make more sense to wait and see if any more come up, then fix a bunch at once, and in the mean time, if possible, keep a close eye on who's doing it and smite them with something heavy and blunt.

Hm, OK.

I thought you meant patch fixes, not rollbacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kou-Diacyper on 2006-09-20 09:37 ]</font>

Cry0
Sep 20, 2006, 11:47 AM
grrr. I mean, wtf? don't they playtest their games, or what?

SephYuyX
Sep 20, 2006, 12:00 PM
On 2006-09-20 09:47, Cry0 wrote:

No extent of play testing can surpass the highschool dropout who has an infinite amount of time and does nothing but play with himself.

Dirty_Filthy
Sep 20, 2006, 12:02 PM
On 2006-09-20 10:00, SephirothYuyX wrote:

On 2006-09-20 09:47, Cry0 wrote:

No extent of play testing can surpass the highschool dropout who has an infinite amount of time and does nothing but play with himself.

This gives new meaning to 'duping your item'.

Valkayree
Sep 20, 2006, 12:13 PM
On 2006-09-20 01:30, Losodo1976 wrote:
F*ck, so the duping starts again. Dammit, I hope all that sh*t gets fixed before NA release. I'd hate to have to endure server rollbacks every month. Why don't people just stop f*ckin' around and just play the damn game?

For the same reason that the day the new maps came out in halo 2 some DICK cheney found a way to get onto the top of the map in containment with a banshee, so they nerfed the banshee, the reason why I played the game. Or how another a$$ managed to squeeze his way under the bridge in bridge too far in battlefield 2 and couldn't get hit, but could snipe all day. And for the same reason why people buy gil for FFXI. Simply put, games are just too hard for them and they don't have the gaming skills to keep up with the naturally skilled gamers, so to make them feel better about themselves and ensure themselves that their poor, uneventful lives are worth something, they spend all their time and effort focusing on ways to cheat to give them some kind of advantage over others. Their jealousy and anger that they were not born gods and they just might be "average" play big roles here. Basically their real lives are pointless and to make themselves feel dominant, they spend all their time looking for exploits so that they can cheat to get ahead. Their biggest mistake is that they cannot keep their big mouths shut and like to spread their tactics across the nation so as to try and gain fame to make themselves feel important, yet ruining the game for everyone else. This is the superiority complex coming out in these people who think gaming is all they can do well, but really all they know how to do is look for exploits and market them to buy themselves notoriety. Normally, natural selection would render this trait useless, seeing as their lack of skill would cause them to be less desirable to the opposite sex, and cheating the system would normally land someone in jail, further restricting their ability to reproduce. However, the fact that they can get away with cheating in video games allows them to exist in large numbers. Hey, your account gets suspended? Make a new one! Thats why I'm a big fan of banning the credit card, but then thats when you get the rich idiots who have fifteen cards and absolutely no intelligence because daddy's money paid for everything and they weren't required to do anything in life except simulate a slug. Think Billy Madison with a video game cheating complex. Enough ranting, fix this crap Sega, I want to play the game for at least a month on the US version cheat free...

Valkayree
Sep 20, 2006, 12:22 PM
On 2006-09-20 08:15, Zaro wrote:
WTF duping already and ho long was it out??? I swear all of these hackes have no life and live to ruin games. I hate those hackers and if FSODing comes back with it's buddy's weopon stealing and player killing then they better make moderators/Adims/what ever you want to call it and ban those hackers or at least cancel their online account for that like on Halo2 you hacked cheated and modded online then you were banned and you wasted your money if that was all you played with that accout.

No Bungie based their bans ENTIRELY on the feedback system. In the great BanWar of Halo 2, many unsuspecting legit gamers who were decent players got banned because 10 year olds found out that when they got destroyed and came to realize that they had no talent, they could send cheating feedback 1000 times on the individual who sent them packing and all 1000 cheating feedbacks counted, causing Bungie to ban many honest gamers. That system did not work, bungie never apologized, and still will not apologize for their miserable handling of that situation. Then the new maps came out, stored on the hard disk (dumb) and well, people quit because everyone and their mother modded their x-box and they quit banning accounts altogether. It went from standby button pushing to modding to bridging, but bungie could not stop the flow of cheaters. I tell you, natural selection should have killed these people off long ago, but I believe that human evolution is dead. We may actually be de-evolving as a species, only time will tell...

AC9breaker
Sep 20, 2006, 12:40 PM
I bet the duping method is something similar to the duping method found in Everquest 2. (http://plaguelands.com/?page_id=172)

I wish I would have discovered the duping method then I could have been a part of PSO/PSU internet lore like Barubary. haha .

Kers
Sep 20, 2006, 12:44 PM
Halo2:

Actually, all the cheating in Halo2 revolves around boosting, and it never has gotten anyone banned when done it's done correctly. I believe MS knows of the fee month exploit since before the 360 launch so yeah, there shouldn't be a lot of free months in the future. I'm not going to get a warning for mentioning free months, I hope >.< .

Cheating:

Some people cheat to just beat the game faster, not really to put them ahead. They paid for the game and they want to get their enjoyment out of it so, they do things like buying game currency and other cheats. To them the vurtual time and effort is not worth it.

Yeah, it's wrong to do in online games but, people do it anyways >.< . Hell, I bet monkies would too if they learned how to play(inside joke).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kers on 2006-09-20 10:46 ]</font>

zofia
Sep 20, 2006, 12:53 PM
On 2006-09-20 10:40, AC9breaker wrote:
I bet the duping method is something similar to the duping method found in Everquest 2. (http://plaguelands.com/?page_id=172)

I wish I would have discovered the duping method then I could have been a part of PSO/PSU internet lore like Barubary. haha .

That's a heck of read (your link). Wow!

CpwninOBrien
Sep 20, 2006, 12:59 PM
On 2006-09-20 06:50, Saner wrote:
rollbacks are more harmful than duping. rollbacks and wipes affect everyone, even the innocent.

duping on the other hand is not as bad in comparison, since ppl do that privately and if you discover ppl who dupe, just avoid doing business with them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

wow lol thats your funny do u practise or is it natural???

for ppls who probably dont get teh joke, duping hurts everyone because nobody in an MMO is an economic island

Kers
Sep 20, 2006, 01:28 PM

Great read, thanks AC9breaker!

Authenticate
Sep 20, 2006, 01:29 PM
That WoW dupe bug was funny. I remember seeing tons of those Epic staves (can't remember the name) and lots of Krol Blades for waaay cheaper than they'd normally be. WoW came out ok from that whole BoE dupe stage, I think PSU will come out ok from this crafting materials dupe stage. Just don't buy anything from shops that look "compromised", and you're already helping the situation. ST will fix it someway or another, as it looks like some kind of loophole that can be fixed serverside I guess.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 20, 2006, 02:15 PM
Lovely ...*sarcasm*
Pardon My Rant

*Mature* people that use dupes and don't abuse them don't bother me:

The problems that are most bothersome to me and others that prefer to play legitly:

1) Dupes can FUBAR games trading/selling economy.

So spending 3-5 hrs making good weps and units to sale for Meseta, or for trading for a wep or unit of "equal value" will be practically pointless if lot's of jerks are selling dupes for 500 Meseta, and pretty much nobody wants to do any trading of LEGIT items/weps/Shield Units... *sigh*.

2) Noobs with duped uber "rares" hanging around, talking $h*t and acting like jack@$$es in every City-Lobby-area where ever there is a good sized amount of people around.

3) Having to be plagued with Cut-In Chats of jerks showing up and saying in unison "GOtZ $ULV@7@S SW0RDZ?! GIMM3 R@r3Z!!! "

~ a) So you go a go to an unpopulated city-area. Where there's no games going on, or
they are all locked.
b) You look for several hours, can't find any *mature* Legit Players anywhere.

c) Your 3 hours of time that you had to play PSU was wasted trying to find *mature*
players that played Legit and get together a team has passed.
You go to bed at 3 am after not getting to even do 1 run of a Mizuraki area.
(based off my own passed experiences on PSO ep1&2 GC ) Wow.. what fun...not.

Especially when the only time one has free to play PSO/PSU is between 11 to 3 am PST and finding mature ppl that play Legit at those times has been very difficult and time consuming...

My point? Once Dupe using immature Noobs are everywhere on PSU,
it seem that nearly all the *good*, *mature* legit players have either logged off,
or are in locked games/rooms and never come out.
I wish this would not happen in PSU, but it probably will happen.

5) Few to *no* open games to join at all.

6) To many spoiled a**holes that use and/or abuse Dupes that seem to like to belittel anybody that don't have "OMGZ 12 $T@R R@R3z!" that make them "733T"; loitering online is like their main hobby online it seems. So just because you don't have some "uber-rares" they blurt out "N00B" and such nonsense.

7) Players that in a game think you have Dupe if you actually found or Synthed a "rare" that many Dupers have duped, and then given out like free like their cheap candy, or sold for really cheap; so the one you have "must be duped" according to really "hardcore" militantly Legit players... *rolls eyes*

Many of these headaches and issues mentioned above would be less promenant or not exist IMO(i.e. the selling/trading economy)
And so would be a smaller problem *if* there was no duping at all IMO.

All we'd have to deal with is immature beggers, and immature jerks; whom would probably get bored with not having the all the "leet" "rares", and go back to WoW (no offence to WoW players/fans here)

I *really* hope there is a Block/Ignore Function for when i'm in a City-lobby-area.

I'm glad there is a "kick-out"/"ban" feature for those hosting a team game. I can see immature/elitist jack@$$es abusing that feature, and using it on ppl in a team that didn't do anything wrong.

Flamingo99
Sep 20, 2006, 02:21 PM
Ah crap... so duping begins. Any news about SEGA fixing this bug... like new patch releases or something?

Calibur
Sep 20, 2006, 02:33 PM
I think we should mail Sega about this before the release. It would be better to have this fix before the release, saves a lot of trouble...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calibur on 2006-09-20 12:38 ]</font>

Vetto
Sep 20, 2006, 02:37 PM
Glad I'm going to be on an untouched world of 360 >> hopefully that bug fixed before release.

Calibur
Sep 20, 2006, 02:44 PM
On 2006-09-20 12:37, Vetto wrote:
Glad I'm going to be on an untouched world of 360 >> hopefully that bug fixed before release.

If its a in game thing, the 360 will have it...

Vetto
Sep 20, 2006, 02:45 PM
Any and Everything can be fixed By patch and since Xbox games CAN be patched it can be fixed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Calibur
Sep 20, 2006, 02:58 PM
On 2006-09-20 12:45, Vetto wrote:
Any and Everything can be fixed By patch and since Xbox games CAN be patched it can be fixed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

as long as they don't patch it like the X-box version...sure

also the game patches are server side, which means PS2/PC CAN get them...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calibur on 2006-09-20 13:10 ]</font>

anmato145
Sep 20, 2006, 03:02 PM
Duping... The one reason I played with about 10 people on PSO. I've played EVERY PSO game. And Duping always ruined it for me. Now that PSU has an Economy type setting, duping will hurt EVERYONE. So Saner I tottaly dont agree with your last post. When a extremely rare item is made and duped 100x, its not rare anymore. Everyone and they're mommas will have one.

Yes on PSO EPI and II I duped. But that was personal reasons, when I found a rare i'd dupe a copy and put it on my bank mule. I started when I lost my1st lavis cannon find in an FSOD in a Lobby. I Don't see anything wrong with that.

Economic games can't have dupes at all if the economy is gonna stay stable. Just say one person duped (just for example) the 1st ever lavis cannon, and sold them 1 by 1 for 1M Meseta... Then the people who brought them will dupe them, sell them for half a mil, and so on until the price is just pretty much 500 meseta.

All im saying is i'd rather have a rollback and clear the economy, rather then to just "TRY" to stray away from dupes, you'll never know if your buying/trading for a dupe or not. Anyone can just lie and call it "Legit".

Valkayree
Sep 20, 2006, 03:37 PM
On 2006-09-20 12:58, Calibur wrote:

On 2006-09-20 12:45, Vetto wrote:

as long as they don't patch it like the X-box version...sure

also the game patches are server side, which means PS2/PC CAN get them...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calibur on 2006-09-20 13:10 ]</font>

They never patched original x-box games online, the old dashboard reeked something awful. But the new x-box live dashboard on the 360 is improved and I wouldn't be surprised if they set up something like playonline viewer for ffxi to manage patch downloads and updates on the 360 for PSU. If not, well, hope they do something...

Sev
Sep 20, 2006, 03:41 PM
Well... This is ST's baby so I'm just waiting to hear about how it's been handled because as long as they know about it... It will be handled.

I can't say that I didn't have any duped items in PSO. I can say that I never duped myself... In the beginning of the game, when everyone was getting to around the middle of Very Hard levels... I was doing really well for myself just trading with other players. I'd always join trade games and come out on top of things... That eventually stopped though, when everyone had the things I was trading... Wonder how that happened haha.

It really does hurt games when duping is found, I took a good bit of time hunting to get those rares and to trade them around to increase what I had for myself, and what my friends wanted. While duping may not seem like a bad idea at first, it eventually is going to start to ruin the game... Anyone that's played PSO knows that... And anyone that knows how the PSU economy works is going to know how duping would harm it.

If this bug is for real and not just people overreacting (Happens alot don'tcha think?) then Sega will do something about it.

Edit: How the hell do I not spell "Well" right? Especially when it's the first word in the post...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2006-09-20 14:20 ]</font>

zofia
Sep 20, 2006, 03:55 PM
Good point about not overreacting, Sev. I have a tendency to do that myself... >_>

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 20, 2006, 04:06 PM
To this day people trashed ST for the little support the exhibited for PSO people can't now go and complain about them actually taking regular initiatives.

DavidNel
Sep 20, 2006, 04:13 PM
Woho! Duping is back! Sorry, someone has to be optimistic about this.... Well, if there is a rool-back, at least we will be dupe free *knock on wood*. But the release is still a month away, so I think that will give the Sonic Team ample time to fix this bug.

Valkayree
Sep 20, 2006, 04:17 PM
On 2006-09-20 14:13, DavidNel wrote:
Woho! Duping is back! Sorry, someone has to be optimistic about this.... Well, if there is a rool-back, at least we will be dupe free *knock on wood*. But the release is still a month away, so I think that will give the Sonic Team ample time to fix this bug.

Not only that but they can catch and monitor those exploiting the bug and hit them with something heavy and blunt.

foamcup
Sep 20, 2006, 05:03 PM
No, they need to have three inch cuts made on their bodies every 15 minutes and have a hobo with dirty fingernails dig around in the cuts while pouring salt into them.

That EQ2 dupe story is a good read.

Killuminati
Sep 20, 2006, 05:19 PM
Really sucks that they are duping already this really ruined the experience on gamecube.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 20, 2006, 05:21 PM
i remember when I used to be a cheater in PSO, but in PSU, I'm planning to stay 100% clean and legit.

Kindaichi
Sep 20, 2006, 05:29 PM
Duping is why i quit....they better fix this or I just cant see myself playing psu.

Neith
Sep 20, 2006, 05:36 PM
Meh, its all just teething problems, same as a lot of games.

On US PSO BB, the game had to be rolled back a bit, and people lost items (it was just after Ult was activated).

The way I see it, if a game is online:
1) There's always gonna be technical problems, which may result in rollbacks.
2) There's always gonna be cheaters who do it for personal gain, and those who do it to profit (real-world currency).

It happens in ANY game, and I fully expected this to happen with PSU (despite the 'LOLOL it can't be hacked' attitude that was given off.) The same attitude came with BB, saying that duping wouldn't be possible. Now, we have dupes.

I learnt to live with this minor thing in PSO, and Im sure I can live through it in PSU.

DurakkenX
Sep 20, 2006, 05:36 PM
you are dumb if you think synthing material dupes will ruin the PSU economy. Synthing materials are pretty easy to get in the first place and you have a limited number of tries at synthing from the boards which are not materials. And many of these boards are really rare or really useless and that only with a little bit of the game open.

also the "beta" time was contingent upon whether or not their solution to a particuluar problem worked or not...not on other problems.

Alexandrious1
Sep 20, 2006, 05:40 PM
On 2006-09-20 01:54, Miyoko wrote:

I seen plenty, specially on RO. But for a non RO example, EQ2 would be a good example. Ive seen a few rollbacks happen their due to exploits being found and abused, rarely though they dont even rollback, however.

Itsuki
Sep 20, 2006, 05:50 PM
I think people are failing to see the up side to this. If its posted to 2ch, its made open to the public and its forcibly brought to Sega's attention. Had the dupers wanted to abuse the method, they would have kept it to themselves. Posting the duping method in escense results in it ceasing to exist.

Also, duping has happened in many MMOs with server side saves, usually this is done through forced lag and some system of trading items that wasn't built to compensate for the possible lag. PSU has alot of systems where this could be abused. You have two storage systems, a trading system, AND a shop system. Any combination of them can be used together and abused.

Sevenfold
Sep 20, 2006, 06:20 PM
Ok, well I cant say Im suprised, but dissapointed for sure. There are too many people who admit to cheating in their own right in PSO and try and give their retarded reason and justify it. Look kids, its simple. If you cheat, its AN ILLEGAL ACT. As in, BREAKING THE LAW. I dont care if you duped a f***ing monomate, YOU CHEATED. Thre is NO excuse, period. If you cant see fit to play the game as intended, you shouldnt be playing. There are hundreds to thousands of people who choose to play legit, and as a person, you fail to respect that.

Secondly, I believe it was one of Saners posts, but, duping and or hacking, affects everyone, period. It detroyed PSO, and it can destroy PSU. I cant see myself sticking around if I come across this. Im not puting up with the same BS I had put up with in PSO.

Bottom line I suppose, I really hope SEGA does something, or their losing a ton of customers before this game is even set in motion over here.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 20, 2006, 06:24 PM
On 2006-09-20 16:20, Sevenfold wrote:
Ok, well I cant say Im suprised, but dissapointed for sure. There are too many people who admit to cheating in their own right in PSO and try and give their retarded reason and justify it. Look kids, its simple. If you cheat, its AN ILLEGAL ACT. As in, BREAKING THE LAW. I dont care if you duped a f***ing monomate, YOU CHEATED. Thre is NO excuse, period. If you cant see fit to play the game as intended, you shouldnt be playing. There are hundreds to thousands of people who choose to play legit, and as a person, you fail to respect that.

Thanks for that nugget of joy, feel better now?

Kindaichi
Sep 20, 2006, 06:24 PM
On 2006-09-20 15:50, Itsuki-chan wrote:
I think people are failing to see the up side to this. If its posted to 2ch, its made open to the public and its forcibly brought to Sega's attention. Had the dupers wanted to abuse the method, they would have kept it to themselves. Posting the duping method in escense results in it ceasing to exist.

Also, duping has happened in many MMOs with server side saves, usually this is done through forced lag and some system of trading items that wasn't built to compensate for the possible lag. PSU has alot of systems where this could be abused. You have two storage systems, a trading system, AND a shop system. Any combination of them can be used together and abused.

I see your point....It's good they found this now and not a month into the NA release, because i dont want a roll back on my character.

Sevenfold
Sep 20, 2006, 06:26 PM
Whatever, youd be suprised how many still never get it.

anmato145
Sep 20, 2006, 06:27 PM
On 2006-09-20 16:20, Sevenfold wrote:

Secondly, I believe it was one of Saners posts, but, duping and or hacking, affects everyone, period. It detroyed PSO, and it can destroy PSU. I cant see myself sticking around if I come across this. Im not puting up with the same BS I had put up with in PSO.

Bottom line I suppose, I really hope SEGA does something, or their losing a ton of customers before this game is even set in motion over here.

I agree with you to an extent... But man you seriously need to get out more. It seems like your yelling at the PC or something. I take stuff seriously sometimes but you seriously need to cool off and stop trying to make yourself sound all high and mighty.
I don't care who you are making a post like that, just trashing everyone is just wrong. Unless you've never EVER cheated on ANY GAME, or exploit a glitch EVER. and i mean EVER, even on accident, you have NO RIGHT to say something like that. You as a person, fail at realize its a game and not to be taken to the point of overheating and yelling at people.

Sevenfold
Sep 20, 2006, 06:30 PM
Yeah maybe, but Im not yelling at everyone, Im targeting people who admit to cheating. And dont try and roll the three fingers back at me pal, I dont consider myself high on anything got it? Its basic respect for your fellow player. I can yell at my foot if I wish. Maybe it was harsh, whatever, my point though remains valid. Its wrong, I mean, look at this topic, its what, four pages long now? O_o

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 20, 2006, 06:31 PM
On 2006-09-20 16:26, Sevenfold wrote:
Whatever, youd be suprised how many still never get it.

No I wouldn't.

Theirs no point in ranting about it, yeah it sucks but what're you gonna do?

Sevenfold
Sep 20, 2006, 06:33 PM
Its a message board man. Its like having a bad day at work. No, I cant do anything about it, except not play of course. But even still, I feel better saying something than just rolling my eyes and watching kids with too much spare time destory someone elses property.

anmato145
Sep 20, 2006, 06:33 PM
On 2006-09-20 16:30, Sevenfold wrote:
Yeah maybe, but Im not yelling at everyone, Im targeting people who admit to cheating. And dont try and roll the three fingers back at me pal, I dont consider myself high on anything got it?

Ah alright, of course your not trying to act all high and mighty http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif My mistake.

uhawww
Sep 20, 2006, 06:34 PM
When I get home from work, I'm finding that page on 2ch and making an official bug report to Sega. IT may only be synth items, and it may only be 2ch (again, not a reliable source in the least) but if there's any truth to this matter, I'm taking it right to the source. This is a slippery slope if it's true.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: uhawww on 2006-09-20 16:35 ]</font>

Sevenfold
Sep 20, 2006, 06:34 PM
On 2006-09-20 16:33, anmato145 wrote:

Yeah maybe, but Im not yelling at everyone, Im targeting people who admit to cheating. And dont try and roll the three fingers back at me pal, I dont consider myself high on anything got it?

Ah alright, of course your not trying to act all high and mighty http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif My mistake.

K, cute. You done?

anmato145
Sep 20, 2006, 06:36 PM
On 2006-09-20 16:34, Sevenfold wrote:

On 2006-09-20 16:33, anmato145 wrote:

K, cute. You done?

As blackwaltz would say... Mebeh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Nice Uhawww, that would be best IMO. Instead of arguing over whats right and wrong in this thread lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anmato145 on 2006-09-20 16:37 ]</font>

RoboKy
Sep 20, 2006, 06:38 PM
I agree with Sevenfold and I don't think it's wrong to be angry, because who wants to work hard for something just to see someone take a few mins to hack and get the rare or high lv. Which is why I left PSOBB. He's not trashing everyone, just hackers. I did'nt feel offended, but I don't hack. I don't see a hint of superiority complex in his post either. I'm assuming you hack or something and your being a hypocrite. You tell him not to yell but caps out "no right" say he's acting high and mighty and whatever. Who are you to tell people they have rights not to say what?

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 20, 2006, 06:45 PM
They way I dealed with cheating was doing alot of soloing or only playing with peeps I knew, but just like life theirs gonna be ALOT of BS to deal with. I have alot of principles I apply to life that I developed from gaming and I have alot of principles I developed from life to apply to games. Online games aren't gated communities from real life BS even if anonymoty makes it worse.

anmato145
Sep 20, 2006, 06:45 PM
I'm anmato, exactly what it says there, US Marine Since 2004. Thats who I am. And i'm not telling him he didnt have the right, if you read i was saying unless he's never cheated no he doesn't have the right. And as to being a hacker... lol i've never even owned a PC till i got out of bootcamp and hasnt touched pso since. No way to hack. And if you mean using AR or CB to be a "code user" No. Closest i got to that was playing DBZ Legends on psx and using a golden finger to boot it up.

tyler2zelda
Sep 20, 2006, 06:46 PM
On 2006-09-20 10:53, zofia wrote:

That's a heck of read (your link). Wow!

I dare say. I read every single bit of it and I was just like "HOLY $#!T thats a lot of PP"

A2K
Sep 20, 2006, 06:48 PM
On 2006-09-20 16:38, RoboKy wrote:
I agree with Sevenfold and I don't think it's wrong to be angry, because who wants to work hard for something just to see someone take a few mins to hack and get the rare or high lv. Which is why I left PSOBB. He's not trashing everyone, just hackers. I did'nt feel offended, but I don't hack. I don't see a hint of superiority complex in his post either. I'm assuming you hack or something and your being a hypocrite. You tell him not to yell but caps out "no right" say he's acting high and mighty and whatever. Who are you to tell people they have rights not to say what?

There certainly isn't anything wrong with being angry, as long as you remain in control and don't go crushing innocents in a swath of furious destruction. Which, I'm happy to say, hasn't happened in this thread.

DurakkenX
you know... people who hack/cheat aren't all disrespectful little kids. In fact there are many reasons to do it that companies do appreciate. There are also those who are like me who have taken advatange of duping or GSing in the past and were perfectly respectful of people who didn't like that and often helped them out, but then you don't want to see that.

What is funny about this is that the majority of you haven't played the game and most likely will never experience most of this stuff that is causing problems.

Deprimenthia
Haha...That EQ2 dupe story was great. That guy seemed to have no regrets http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

anmato145
Sep 20, 2006, 06:54 PM
Well i'll apologize then if ppl feel thats whats needed. I got bored and needed something to do.

Alexandrious1
Sep 20, 2006, 07:20 PM
On 2006-09-20 16:45, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
They way I dealed with cheating was doing alot of soloing or only playing with peeps I knew, but just like life theirs gonna be ALOT of BS to deal with. I have alot of principles I apply to life that I developed from gaming and I have alot of principles I developed from life to apply to games. Online games aren't gated communities from real life BS even if anonymoty makes it worse.

Soloing wont be as viable an option this time around though.

AC9breaker
Sep 20, 2006, 07:46 PM
Incorrect Alexandrious1, you can still solo in PSU pretty good and now you can invite NPC's into your PT. But isn't the point of playing an online game defeated when you play like that? The fact is, I was able to have alot of fun playing PSO Ep 1&2,3,BB thanks to a gaming guild I joined. But even so, I'm sure I still would have had fun becuase its a very casual game user friendly game. Much like a Mac!

Lovejuice
Sep 20, 2006, 07:48 PM
If this is real (I haven't really been online a great deal today to look at folk's shops or anything) I am glad it has been discovered and become a 'threat' already - especially when this whole 'restarting of the network service' public raising of hands is due in a over week or so, people will be expecting some sort of fix or response by then, at the latest. At the very least, as a symbol of what's to come (alongside the whole World 1/2 thing) once the 'real' service starts on October 1st. Besides, they did tell us that "throughout the month of September, we will monitor the game's operation and immediately tackle any problem that may arise".

I love PSU. Like, really really love. I can see myself throwing a huge amount of time at it in the coming months. But on the same token they (Sega kiddies) do have to kinda prove that this won't just be PSO all over again in regards to cheating and maintenance. I want PSU to succeed immensely. And I want the devs to love it just as much I do.

Of course, this being the Japanese version, I'm somewhat naively hoping that the International service will have similar developer responses and fixes in a similar timeframe. Which is a whole other kettle of fish. I guess we'll just have to wait and see..

GaijinPUnch
Sep 20, 2006, 07:57 PM
If this is real (I haven't really been online a great deal today to look at folk's shops or anything) I

After doing a pretty thorough search, I only saw one actual shop (that I ran across by chance, that had about 150 Solidoniums -- they're 800 meseta in the shop), and another shop which posted on a board that they'd "have 200 or so for sale later in the day".

Incorrect Alexandrious1, you can still solo in PSU pretty good and now you can invite NPC's into your PT.

No, he's right. If you want the good items, soloing isn't for you. The NPCs suck.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GaijinPUnch on 2006-09-20 18:11 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Sep 20, 2006, 09:10 PM
i solo all the time... you can solo. If you can't then well that just means you're lacking in skills. It will become easier after the caps are released as well as you'll be able to get higher stats and higher damaging weapons and such that you can't equip right now. you'll also be able to get higher lvl PAs which are also more damaging so it's not solo-unfriendly.

It's not that it isn't hard to solo... it's challenging... but it's possable.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 20, 2006, 09:39 PM
Where are you solo'ing?

FOnewearl-Lina
Sep 20, 2006, 09:45 PM
Probably C ranked missions, lol.
Nah joking, I solo a bit sometiemes myself as well, doing A ranked missions alone really isn't worth the time it takes...
Anyway Gaijin, I need to get your card sometime. I haven't seen you since PSO BB http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

uhawww
Sep 20, 2006, 09:56 PM
Bug Report Sent.

Alexandrious1
Sep 20, 2006, 10:17 PM
On 2006-09-20 17:46, AC9breaker wrote:
Incorrect Alexandrious1, you can still solo in PSU pretty good and now you can invite NPC's into your PT. But isn't the point of playing an online game defeated when you play like that? The fact is, I was able to have alot of fun playing PSO Ep 1&2,3,BB thanks to a gaming guild I joined. But even so, I'm sure I still would have had fun becuase its a very casual game user friendly game. Much like a Mac!

So your saying the people who find soloing in Rank B and beyond missions to be hard/slow or impossible to be lying? I need to remember this.

And NPCs and PMs as Ive read, are bout only good for distractions by what people said. lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-09-20 20:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alexandrious1 on 2006-09-20 20:20 ]</font>

AC9breaker
Sep 20, 2006, 10:25 PM
I never said it was easy or fast. I'm just expanding on your comment saying that solo'ing isn't much of an option. You proved with your last post that solo'ing is possible. Which was the point of my comment. Not weather it was easy or hard.

DurakkenX
Sep 20, 2006, 10:44 PM
i solo'd A rank mission with S-rank, but found it was too much of a hassle. ^.^

Ryogen
Sep 20, 2006, 10:56 PM
It could happen. If it spreads too fast it could happen.

Axel3792
Sep 20, 2006, 11:05 PM
Hopefully they can do like in WoW and fix it with a simple patch.

GaijinPUnch
Sep 21, 2006, 12:05 AM
Anyway Gaijin, I need to get your card sometime. I haven't seen you since PSO BB

Yeah, PM me or something. I still work Asian hours like before, some I'm closer to your time zone than most everyone here.

Pirat
Sep 21, 2006, 01:19 AM
On 2006-09-20 21:05, Axel3792 wrote:
Hopefully they can do like in WoW and fix it with a simple patch.

a simple patch to fix a problem brings up about 10 other heavy bugs in wow. i hope segas programmer are better than blizzards.

Kyuu
Sep 21, 2006, 01:34 AM
It has little to do with the programmers' skills or lack thereof. People don't seem to understand how unbelievably complex the code is in these kinds of games. And no one programmer did the whole thing, and so no one person knows how everything fits together and interacts. So, when an attempt is made to fix one problem by changing a portion of the code, it's almost inevitable that it's going to cause problems.

A2K
Sep 21, 2006, 01:50 AM
Indeed. I suppose that's what spending some time actually testing a patch candidate is for.

Kyuu
Sep 21, 2006, 01:53 AM
I dunno. Blizzard tested every single one of their patches on public test servers. And the day each patch went live on the actual game servers, there were problems galore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-20 23:53 ]</font>

Sev
Sep 21, 2006, 01:56 AM
I still think that whole... NPC's missing from Ironforge thing had to be done on purpose... I mean... What the hell do you touch that just makes all the NPC's disappear from a town? Why's that possible?

I couldn't even see anyone getting mad about it either, the channels were filled with "LOL" and the like... It was just so damn unbelievable that you could only laugh.

Alisha
Sep 21, 2006, 01:57 AM
im lol'ing at everyone that says duping destroyed pso for them. guess what? duping enhanced my pso experience(though i didnt really start doing it till my first corruption) Why? because it removes pain anger frustration and despair of finally seeing a tollaw drop a red box for it to only be a photon drop,or finding a mil lilly and it drops meseta. thus allowing me to focus on core gameplay.however since i was interested in having fun things like tsumikiri j-sword and double cannon were never equiped by my characters. i was more interested in equiping things for style than function.

Kyuu
Sep 21, 2006, 01:59 AM
Well, good for you Alisha.

Duping and hacks ruined PSO for me. I was a devoted PSOv1 and v2 player before the dupes and hacks took over.

If you want to dupe and hack, ruin your own gameplay experience, not mine.

Alisha
Sep 21, 2006, 02:06 AM
please tell my how i was ruining anyones experience? and dont take what i said out of context thinking im gonna try to dupe on psu,i personally dont think it will be neccesary. and hacks didnt ruin ver2 poor design did. tell me why is it some of the rarest weapons are in fact crap compared to store bought items?

GaijinPUnch
Sep 21, 2006, 02:51 AM
thus allowing me to focus on core gameplay

Finding rares is the core gameplay. There are a million other games where you can swing a sword.

Alisha
Sep 21, 2006, 03:29 AM
then pso's core was poorly designed.there were far more impotant things to do in pso than find rares.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-09-21 01:33 ]</font>

Polly
Sep 21, 2006, 03:39 AM
On 2006-09-21 00:51, GaijinPUnch wrote:

Finding rares is the core gameplay. There are a million other games where you can swing a sword.

So I guess I'm silly for thinking that all that interaction, friends made, evenings spent winding down doing forest-ruins runs might've had more to do with PSO lasting this long.

But in the end it all turns out to be monotonous item hunting? FUCK! Nobody sent me the memo that I was doing it wrong :(

Alisha
Sep 21, 2006, 04:01 AM
On 2006-09-21 01:39, Triela wrote:

On 2006-09-21 00:51, GaijinPUnch wrote:

So I guess I'm silly for thinking that all that interaction, friends made, evenings spent winding down doing forest-ruins runs might've had more to do with PSO lasting this long.

But in the end it all turns out to be monotonous item hunting? FUCK! Nobody sent me the memo that I was doing it wrong http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<3

Ryoten
Sep 21, 2006, 01:11 PM
Clam down you two & take a break. Both of you have different looks on hacking & duping but if it doesn't mess with the servers state-side, just keep it to yourself & let the rest of us enjoy playing the game legit. Besides, who would want to keep creating their characters over & over again due to the rollbacks & wipes? Not me of course.

Zarbolord
Sep 21, 2006, 01:12 PM
If you put the items in the bank then you'll have the final PM eviolution in no time! Hehehe.
I don't want to start over either.

Inspektahdek
Sep 21, 2006, 02:44 PM
On 2006-09-20 07:47, zofia wrote:
Yeah, and I mean: how is this is even POSSIBLE in a game with server-side saves?

I know in WoW people hacked speed glitches, bots for gold farming (mostly Chinese-run hunters outside instance areas), and stuff like that. But I've never even heard of out right duping in an online-only game. I can easily see how it happened on PSO, because of the mem cards used to store character data. But in an online-only game it *should* be impossible, yet...

Oh well, shame on me for expecting ST to do anything other than FAIL when it comes to servers.

Hacks would be visible and easy to ban the individual player because stats would be noticeable if insanely high but duping I'm pretty sure occured on PSOBB with server side saving for PC yet it wasn't as bad as reg PSO

zofia
Sep 21, 2006, 02:53 PM
On 2006-09-21 12:44, Inspektahdek wrote:

On 2006-09-20 07:47, zofia wrote:

Hacks would be visible and easy to ban the individual player because stats would be noticeable if insanely high but duping I'm pretty sure occured on PSOBB with server side saving for PC yet it wasn't as bad as reg PSO

That makes sense. Plus, someone posted a link to a blog entry written by the dude who accidentaly discovered (and then very wickedly manipulated) the dupe glitch in EQ2. So, clearly, duping is possible in server-side games if there's loopholes in the programming.

Anyway, as others pointed out already, one of the advantages of us playing on separate servers from the Japanese (and starting a bit later) is (hopefully) ST will learn from all this and solidify the code before our games ship.

I'm going to be optimistic about this, even though I'm quite tempted to be pessimistic. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Spellbinder
Sep 21, 2006, 03:18 PM
Not to seem pessimistic about this, but can we really be sure SoJ is going to strongly collaborate with SoA in regards to these bugs? I mean, if these two parts of Sonic Team are so buddy buddy, they probably would have had all the servers connected in the first place.

(please note: take this comment with a grain of salt, I probably don't know what I'm talking about here.)

zofia
Sep 21, 2006, 03:20 PM
It's prolly fair to guess that SoJ is where are all the hard-core coding is happening, with SoA mostly responsible for localizing the programming (and in-game transcript/voices) plus NA marketing. But I'm just guessing.

Inspektahdek
Sep 21, 2006, 03:27 PM
On 2006-09-20 16:45, anmato145 wrote:
I'm anmato, exactly what it says there, US Marine Since 2004. Thats who I am. And i'm not telling him he didnt have the right, if you read i was saying unless he's never cheated no he doesn't have the right. And as to being a hacker... lol i've never even owned a PC till i got out of bootcamp and hasnt touched pso since. No way to hack. And if you mean using AR or CB to be a "code user" No. Closest i got to that was playing DBZ Legends on psx and using a golden finger to boot it up.

Quit for military reasons? I'm currently in the Army as an infantry demolition specialist (hate it, only choice after dropping out of college, not huge into whom I work for and getting out soon) yet hte only thing that halted my playing of PSO was my deployment in Iraq. Is that your military reason as well? And damn, good job at the level 200s, I wish I had that kind of time.

Sev
Sep 21, 2006, 03:43 PM
On 2006-09-21 13:18, Spellbinder wrote:
Not to seem pessimistic about this, but can we really be sure SoJ is going to strongly collaborate with SoA in regards to these bugs? I mean, if these two parts of Sonic Team are so buddy buddy, they probably would have had all the servers connected in the first place.

(please note: take this comment with a grain of salt, I probably don't know what I'm talking about here.)

I know what you mean... But it shouldn't matter too much. We do know that as far as some content is concerned, we'll be a little behind because our content release will correspond with our release... But for major patches, I'm pretty sure they won't have a problem cooperating. After all, money is money... The less they do for us, the less we play, the less money they make.

I don't think we'll be hitting the numbers that they got in Japan (Although Sega didn't expect those numbers in the first place) but we should get a decent amount of players between NA/EU. So I don't see why we would get left out of many things patch wise. That's still just a guess though.