PDA

View Full Version : Offline First, or Online?

Rahbzig
Sep 20, 2006, 08:32 AM
I would like to say that I will be good and play the single player first, but......

Animosity
Sep 20, 2006, 08:35 AM
online of course

Jozon
Sep 20, 2006, 08:37 AM
online first, offline in downtimes

Saner
Sep 20, 2006, 08:44 AM
at first I thought of offline but then I remember the core fun and reason I enjoyed PSO was because it allowed me to make my own character and play with other players all over and stuff.

so ya I'll be going online full time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

and times online is unavailable I'll finish story mode and do some Extra mode during those times.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cone.gif

tank1
Sep 20, 2006, 09:01 AM
Online ftw.

mattdude
Sep 20, 2006, 09:02 AM
going to play offline first for awhile then go to online l8r that day lol!!!!

Jozon
Sep 20, 2006, 09:04 AM
real question is, how long will I be in character creation *3 hours later* I'm in *server's going down in 10 minutes for a rollback then update* LAME *wipes character*

Saner
Sep 20, 2006, 09:07 AM
ya seriously hopefully the US versions servers dont have serious problems like Japan.

for one thing they gotta prepare for a larger possible amount of ppl who will try to log on at once. so they need more servers.

Eauijhkuu
Sep 20, 2006, 09:12 AM
Offline first...Then Online.

Think one of the main problem with most online games is that people never really learn their basics first. I don't want to be accused of being a lifesized newbie http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

So basics first for me.

StanleyPain
Sep 20, 2006, 09:13 AM
I'll do as i did when I popped PSO in my Dreamcast back in the day.....I'll play offline for a bit to get a hang of the controls and such and learn a bit about the world, then go online ARMED WITH KNOWLEDGE.

tank1
Sep 20, 2006, 09:16 AM
I dunno fighting with ignorance can be funny.

tomkat492
Sep 20, 2006, 09:18 AM
Online first, I agree with the person above, I'll only go offline when the online servers are down, or if theres something I have to do offline for it to unlock something online.

tyler2zelda
Sep 20, 2006, 09:36 AM
Well, online first, but I might reconsider doing up to Chap. 6 so I can unlock all the stuff I need >_>

zofia
Sep 20, 2006, 09:59 AM
Oh, I know I *should* playing offline first, but I just know I won't be able to resist online. Those first weeks online will be golden ~ I'm not missing out. Offline is forever, the early days of online are special.

Zabrio
Sep 20, 2006, 10:25 AM
Offline to learn about the game and controls PM and all that then it is back and froth for me.

vg_geek86
Sep 20, 2006, 10:28 AM
If I cant find a place to get a decent internet connection, Ill be offline first. Other then that, like mentioned earlier, Ill be in character creation for a long, long time.

Weak
Sep 20, 2006, 11:27 AM
I hear there's some kind of tutorial when you log online for the first time.

Even if that's not true, I'm going straight online and learning stuff myself.

Fallyn
Sep 20, 2006, 11:38 AM
Lmao, I agree with like 99% of stuff said so far in this thread...

I'll try to play offline first, but knowing me I'll just jump straight into it. XD

VR_Pilot
Sep 20, 2006, 11:44 AM
I'll be playing offline first to get a hang for everything from combat to PM raising. Also, I'm a little cautious of the possibility that there will be server problems during the first week online, so I'll wait untill then. However, I won't be able to resist is making my characters http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

foamcup
Sep 20, 2006, 11:50 AM
Single player FTW. I don't want to look like a total noob online like I did my first night on PSO. Learn how to play it, then it's online for me. Of course, I could just *coughdownloadtheisocough* and learn the mechanics that way, but that is not proper.

Xeion
Sep 20, 2006, 12:49 PM
first I'll go offline ...I think

Celethalion
Sep 20, 2006, 01:12 PM
I plan on starting with Story Mode but I know I won't be able to keep myself away from Online, so I'll just play a bit of it mixed in.
Though I have seen a few screenshots from Story Mode that I shouldn't have, and now I'm really eager to play it. I have random thoughts about what little nods to Algol there might be.

Niki
Sep 20, 2006, 01:13 PM
Just my opinion, but Story Mode is a waste of time.

Knownoes
Sep 20, 2006, 01:20 PM
Planning on playing through story mode once, just to see how the plot unfolds and get a feel for the game. After that it's online all the way, especially since you apparently can't carry any charcters/items over from extra mode.

Ryogen
Sep 20, 2006, 01:32 PM
Offine first. I don't think I want to play online being confused or hearing other people who are confused as well.

Proto-Reqium
Sep 20, 2006, 01:34 PM
Offline first, for maybe an hour or two. Think at that point I will atleast want to start my character and get done with that tutorial.

Alpha-Hunter
Sep 20, 2006, 01:36 PM
online first and most of the time for me! that's why I'm getting the game. offline is just sidebar in my opinion...

MoonSblaise
Sep 20, 2006, 02:31 PM
Online first, and since theres a tutorial at the start, thats all i need really. I see offline as a bonus really, which will just come in handy when servers are down. ^_^

Zelutos
Sep 20, 2006, 03:19 PM
Online first, offline on downtimes or times when i don't feel like playing online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yachiru
Sep 20, 2006, 03:51 PM
I probably will never touch offline mode. xD

DizzyDi
Sep 20, 2006, 03:55 PM
On 2006-09-20 06:37, Jozon wrote:
online first, offline in downtimes

Phaze37
Sep 20, 2006, 04:32 PM
I'll probably play offline for at least a few hours to get the hang of the game. For the life of me I can't decide what race and class I want to use for online, and I might have to actually play the game for a while before making my decision. I'll test out Hunter, Ranger, and Force style play as Ethan before making my character and going online. After that, I'm only playing online except for when the servers are down.

Sev
Sep 20, 2006, 04:36 PM
Yeah... I was also one of the people that said I'd go Offline first... But now...

Online until I feel like Offline.

Sevenfold
Sep 20, 2006, 04:38 PM
Seen this poll about 6 times now, but....Online all the way, only way Ill touch offline is if the online servers go down or something.

Zaiden
Sep 20, 2006, 05:31 PM
Offline first. Want to get a good feeling on the game, plus the story and the characters are very interesting.

Kindaichi
Sep 20, 2006, 05:33 PM
Online for sure....I doubt ill really even play the offline.

Natrokos
Sep 20, 2006, 11:25 PM
Online. I've read so many spoilers I feel like i've already played offline. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Chaobo99
Sep 20, 2006, 11:30 PM
Online first here but it all depends on the servers status..if its bad than I'll do offline and unlock extra mode

TwilightSea
Sep 20, 2006, 11:36 PM
I'm going offline to play it and adjust to the combat system the hop onto the online mode and kill and get xp and repeat.

LegacyOfMieu
Sep 21, 2006, 12:44 AM
Little of both for me I think! If I'm not sure about the controls I'll learn by trying ;p

Killuminati
Sep 21, 2006, 12:59 AM
I am actually just going to due the online only when I'm on PS2 as from my understanding I won't be able to transfer my offline saves to PS3 which I plan to get in the not so distant future. So once I get it on PS3 I will start playing the offline then.