PDA

View Full Version : What is up with tech support!!!

leblancdiaz
Sep 20, 2006, 12:53 PM
Before I begin I would like to say that I am not bashing the Tech Support on this site or any of it affiliates.

What is up with tech support and why is it that they can't speak english and what is up with airline food?

It seems everytime I call tech support when I have a problem that rises with there product I can not for the life of me get a straight answer. It's like a secert agency where they don't want to give you an answer.

Come on we all heard the stories or it's happen to use where you were placed on hold for what 5,10,20,45,60 minutes or longer and still your problem wasn't solved.

Wait theres more every time you call them they automatically say that this call is know being recorded and can be reviewed for purposes. Okay that's fine because people get mad and don't have the paitence.

I'm a paitent person myself but when they say there is an average wait time of X amount of minutes and it turns out to be 3 times as long what is up some technical support site aren't toll free meaning that I'm paying for the phone call and not getting refunded on.

Its not that I'm trying to cry / whine its that I'm sick and tired of calling technical support and not getting a straight answer from anyone.

Has this happen to you? I know its happen to me.

KodiaX987
Sep 20, 2006, 03:36 PM
Best tech support: ASUS. Got put on hold for 15 seconds, and only three lines were spoken: problem, answer, thank you. Without spending a cent.

Worst: SONY. Got put on hold for 1:30 hours, answered by a barely hearable tech support, who asked me for name, address, postal code, phone number, credit card number and computer number, only to be told the computer was out of warranty and they couldn't help me at all.

Azraelscross
Sep 20, 2006, 10:56 PM
ugh. i hate being on a line for like 2 hours and not getting an answer.

HKDon
Sep 21, 2006, 11:50 AM
Damnit leblanc I hate you for putting another rant up.....
But you have a good subject, yeah we all hate Tech support plain and simple.
The worst time was when I had to call Shaw for internet problems. I wait..... and wait and wait while the cheezy music plays, 20 mins inI finally get someone, explane my problem and of course, get transfered, and wait some more, 5 min not bad, talk to her, oh right she transfers me......ok? np I say so I wait...15 mins now getting annoyed, finally get someone, helps me and all is good..... for a week

Ryna
Sep 22, 2006, 10:23 AM
Tech Support has to be one of the worst jobs in the world. For any given computer problem, there are usually about a hundred things that could be causing it. A good tech support person is usually able to narrow down the problem by asking the user to perform a few actions and listening to the feedback. Problems arise when the user is impatient or extremely uncooperative. There are also occasions where troubleshooting the problem over the phone can be impossible - such as the time when the person decided to clean their computer case out by using a pressure washer on it.

Of course, you'll run into clueless tech support people - just like any other job.

When you call up Tech Support, try to be patient and understanding. The person on the other end is usually human. Don't get frustrated if they ask you to do "simple things." The tech support person will want to confirm the situation and can't make any assumptions about the knowledge of the user.

Azraelscross
Sep 22, 2006, 03:35 PM
i don't think we are talking about being patient and such with them. when i actually have a person on the line i have no problem. but when i have to wait 2-3 hours and just get a clueless tech support person on the line its really frusturating

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Azraelscross on 2006-09-22 13:36 ]</font>

Ryna
Sep 22, 2006, 06:19 PM
On 2006-09-22 13:35, Azraelscross wrote:
i don't think we are talking about being patient and such with them. when i actually have a person on the line i have no problem. but when i have to wait 2-3 hours and just get a clueless tech support person on the line its really frusturating

I was responding more to this point:

On 2006-09-21 09:50, HKDon wrote:
But you have a good subject, yeah we all hate Tech support plain and simple.

Leviathan
Sep 23, 2006, 04:59 PM
DirectTV is pretty bad too. We fixed the sattelite by ourselve because they would come until 1 week to fix the sattelite. =(