PDA

View Full Version : Few PSU questions

Knownoes
Sep 20, 2006, 01:09 PM
Sorry if these have been asked already:

*When your PM becomes a mini-robo that you can take with you on battles, is it possible for it to be killed? Or do monsters just ignore it? Does it take up a party slot? Also, does evolving them effect your own stats at all? And is it true that you only get one PM per account instead of per character?

*The minimum specs for PSU: Do these specs define what you need to play the game smoothly, (but obviously with some settings turned down), or just what specs you need to have the game run at all?
I ask this because, although my specs easily surpassed the min requirement for PSOBB I would still get massive slow down at some points in the game, sometimes as low as about 4fps. And that's with every setting as low as possible and no programs running in the background.
So basicly the question is, has anyone with close to the minimum specs tried playing the JP release to see if it runs well?

*If I was a hunter and wanted to level up my bullet skills, would I need to change my skill to ranger? Or would equipping and using a gun be enough? Or would doing that only level up the gun?

And finally, can SUVs or beast forms be stacked to output more damage (like the photon blasts from pso)?

Cheers in advance to anyone who decides to answer these. =)

Flamingo99
Sep 20, 2006, 02:29 PM
*When your PM becomes a mini-robo that you can take with you on battles, is it possible for it to be killed? Or do monsters just ignore it? Does it take up a party slot? Also, does evolving them effect your own stats at all? And is it true that you only get one PM per account instead of per character?

The PM has an HP bar, so I assume it can die. Yes it takes a party slot. From what I understand they do not effect your characters stats. And I've hear that you can have more than one PM per account, and I've heard that you can't. I'm not sure.

I'm not sure about the specs for PSU.

*If I was a hunter and wanted to level up my bullet skills, would I need to change my skill to ranger? Or would equipping and using a gun be enough? Or would doing that only level up the gun?

No. You can only level your bullet PAs up to lvl. 10 (Rangers get to level Bullets up to lvl. 20). I don't understand your other questions about guns.

And there is no stacking with Nano Blast ("beast form") or SUVs. More than one Nano Blast or SUV can be used by different players at the same time, but they do not stack.

Hope this helps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-09-20 12:30 ]</font>

Knownoes
Sep 20, 2006, 02:54 PM
Alright, cheers for answering those.

About the guns: I know that the level cap is 10 for the bullet skill when you're a hunter.
What I'm asking is, can you level this up just by using a gun? Or do you need to change your character's discipline from hunter to ranger to level it up?

F-o-x
Sep 20, 2006, 03:58 PM
Yes, hunters get to level thier bullet skills up to ten. You don't have to level the skill as a ranger to get it up.

A2K
Sep 20, 2006, 05:21 PM
Unless, of course, it's a rifle or shotgun or otherwise-ranger-exclusive bullet.

PJ
Sep 20, 2006, 05:26 PM
This is gonna be off topic, but I wanna ask here instead of making a new topic

Where can you find goggles?

EDIT: Find, buy, you know what I mean

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2006-09-20 15:27 ]</font>

A2K
Sep 20, 2006, 05:31 PM
Offline you get them automatically after a certain point in Chapter 1. Online? No signs of it so far, not that it's a big deal--it really isn't necessary without SEED-infested areas or areas laden with traps available at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-20 15:32 ]</font>

PJ
Sep 20, 2006, 05:34 PM
Not the item, I mean, just the head accesorry; Parn (I think it was Parn, maybe someone else) had it on his character already