PDA

View Full Version : Newman Hunter

shadynook
Sep 20, 2006, 01:14 PM
i was wondering if anybody has made a newman hunter yet? is the extra mental ability worth it?

foamcup
Sep 20, 2006, 02:13 PM
HU can't use techs, so most likely not. I was all set to play a newman hunter, but then I learned they can't even break out a weak resta, so it's back to being a FO.

Diablohead
Sep 20, 2006, 02:15 PM
Is it the same rules for a newman ranger? or do they have limited tech uses?

Polly
Sep 20, 2006, 02:17 PM
They have no tech usage. Expert classes will remedy that, but they're still a bit of a mystery.

shadynook
Sep 20, 2006, 02:23 PM
so there is no point in trying to use techs as a hunter or ranger?

CpwninOBrien
Sep 20, 2006, 02:24 PM
newman hunter would be funny to see http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif and wtf is a kneepaw?

Polly
Sep 20, 2006, 02:25 PM
On 2006-09-20 12:23, shadynook wrote:
so there is no point in trying to use techs as a hunter or ranger?

You CAN'T.

DraginHikari
Sep 20, 2006, 02:29 PM
The Perks Newman have as plain HUs that I know about is high MST and EVP, MST for resisting tech damage, EVP for evasion obiviously.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2006-09-20 12:29 ]</font>

shadynook
Sep 20, 2006, 02:38 PM
so let me get this straight, in pso ep 1 and 2, you could use tech, you were just limited, like low level resta, foie, barta, but now you cannot use techniques at all if you are a ranger or hunter?

Polly
Sep 20, 2006, 02:41 PM
That's right, scooter.

Vetto
Sep 20, 2006, 02:42 PM
Unless you were a cast.. there was no cast love T.T

vg_geek86
Sep 20, 2006, 07:03 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^ There where always traps.

Confusion + multiple Indi Belra = DODGEBALL!!11!11!!

Sexy_Raine
Sep 20, 2006, 07:10 PM
I'd definitely try one in offline extra mode, but for online, hell no. It's not even worth it. Especially if you get to harder difficulty levels, struggling isn't worth it IMO.

Miyoko
Sep 20, 2006, 07:18 PM
People are forgetting to mention the one thing that "ungimps" newman hunters -- expert class.

Sure, as a regulat hunter only class, other races will be better, but newmans will shine as the Hunter/Force expert class.

Yes, you'll be able to be a hunter with force capabilities... Just not right off the bat.

foamcup
Sep 20, 2006, 07:22 PM
Ima be all over that HU/FO expert class like a hobo on a baked potato. I'll be able to recreate my hunny, 'cept it'll be a guy this time, lol.

-Break-
Sep 20, 2006, 07:27 PM
My newman will be Ranger/Force, the ultimate debuffer

vg_geek86
Sep 20, 2006, 07:30 PM
!+!STUPID QUESTION ALERT!+!

Wtf is this debuffer I keep hearing about?

foamcup
Sep 20, 2006, 07:44 PM
A debuffer uses techs, or in this case, bullets, to lower the attack and/or defense power of the enemy, or inflict some other nasty effect on it.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 20, 2006, 07:46 PM
I'm thinking of making my newman chick a Guntecher as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2006-09-20 17:46 ]</font>

Kano-Okami
Sep 20, 2006, 08:29 PM
Guntech..I like the sound of that.
That's what I've been thinking about using for my newman..
Sticking with techs, although subbing the handguns.

Sev
Sep 20, 2006, 08:29 PM
With all this talk of how bad Newman Hunters are... Has anyone actually tried to make one? Or has it been that they were too afraid to make one because they heard it wasn't good? I'm actually really interested to see how it works out, or if anyones really played with one.

zofia
Sep 21, 2006, 08:23 AM
On 2006-09-20 17:18, Miyoko wrote:
People are forgetting to mention the one thing that "ungimps" newman hunters -- expert class.

Sure, as a regulat hunter only class, other races will be better, but newmans will shine as the Hunter/Force expert class.

Yes, you'll be able to be a hunter with force capabilities... Just not right off the bat.

Thank-you, Miyoko. That sounds like exactly what I'm interested in.

I think I'll start as FO with my 'newearl, then switch to HU, and then -- one day -- become a HU/FO expert.

Awesome!

Lyrise
Sep 21, 2006, 10:33 AM
On 2006-09-20 18:29, Sev wrote:
With all this talk of how bad Newman Hunters are... Has anyone actually tried to make one? Or has it been that they were too afraid to make one because they heard it wasn't good? I'm actually really interested to see how it works out, or if anyones really played with one.

Well, I AM one. But you've pretty much heard my opinions of this particular class combo as a whole too a while back.

Right now, I'm still playing a Newman, and once again, I've started to max out ALL of my classes (currently 10/10/4.) to the current limit.

Having played as a newman hunter (currently levelling force), I will say this. Get used to dodging manually, even if you are caught in a huge mob situation. Newmans may have the highest evasion stat of any race, but the modifier coming from the hunter type makes it a pain to dodge anything at all when compared to a ranger or a force type(150 and 200% higher respectively). But also remember that while hunters are going to take the hits, newmans also have to deal with the lowest HP and lowest defense stats in game as well. Dealing damage isn't an issue, so much as you're willing to grind all of your weaponry. Also considering that over half the time you're going to be in party, where damage is flying everywhere, nobody cares who does what as long as the opposition is dead.

IMO the smartest thing you can do when starting as a newman hunter...is not to be a hunter. Just stick to force for a little while longer (since its your default class), THEN make the switch. Starting off hunter might cause a bit of a headache for new players.

As for hybrid classes, I can definitely see (HU/FO; Wartechser) being very popular for newmans, though it might be a little unwieldy in itself, since chances are, you're only doing it just for the support techs. Personally, I would think both Fortefighter & Wargunner would definitely fix most of the problems newman hunters have going for it, but extrapolating (this is the keyword here) statwise, the only thing a wartechser has support techs, good tech resist, and possibly good evasion (I don't count good tech attack power, since most of the players of this type will only need it for resta, nothing else.)

Zeig123
Sep 21, 2006, 10:42 AM
Im going to be a newman hunter once the us realease comes out.....it will be my main character and I will play it to my hearts content.....and know buddy will detor me from that....so I say play what you want to play and deal with your weaknesses...

Eclypse
Sep 21, 2006, 02:24 PM
On 2006-09-20 17:22, foamcup wrote:
I'll be able to recreate my hunny, 'cept it'll be a guy this time, lol.

...then you won't be recreting your Hunie because it will be a guy. Recreating would mean it would be an exact recreation. Not trying to be an ass, but this just bothered me.

Eclypse
Sep 21, 2006, 02:26 PM
I can't see playing as a NeHu being much of a problem. If you're an experience PS gamer then you will be fine because you will know what to expect out of the gate, and you will know what you can expect once they unlock the full potential of the class.

I for one will be running a NeHu or NeFo on day one and then building up my Fo or Hu skills to the cap.

zofia
Sep 21, 2006, 03:06 PM
On 2006-09-21 12:26, Eclypse wrote:
I can't see playing as a NeHu being much of a problem. If you're an experience PS gamer then you will be fine because you will know what to expect out of the gate, and you will know what you can expect once they unlock the full potential of the class.

I for one will be running a NeHu or NeFo on day one and then building up my Fo or Hu skills to the cap.

We have very similar goals, Eclypse.

I played a HUnewearl to 100 in v1, took her to 190 in v2, plus have a lv185 HUnewearl in GC PSO I still play from time to time. I've played and enjoyed lots of classes (shouts out to RAmarl and FOnewearl) but HUnewearl, to date, is my absolute favorite.

It seems that Wartecher (HU/FO expert) comes the closest to approximating the range of skills that make HUne's so fun to me.

Perhaps we can compare notes later on, once we actually get to start playing our characters.

LoneVandal
Sep 21, 2006, 03:15 PM
Races really don't make that huge of a difference on your class. Ok, so you can take 1, maybe 2 less hits than a HUbeast, and you may have to hit Square one extra time to kill something. It isn't really noticable. If you're really a statmonger though, realize that female/male still makes a difference in PSU however small it is.

Also beware of that chart that shows RA getting 90% the ATP of a HU and 300% the ATA, that only applies to Ethan the demi-god.

zofia
Sep 21, 2006, 03:19 PM
On 2006-09-21 13:15, LoneVandal wrote:
Races really don't make that huge of a difference on your class. Ok, so you can take 1, maybe 2 less hits than a HUbeast, and you may have to hit Square one extra time to kill something. It isn't really noticable. If you're really a statmonger though, realize that female/male still makes a difference in PSU however small it is.

Thanks for posting that, LoneVandal.

Also beware of that chart that shows RA getting 90% the ATP of a HU and 300% the ATA, that only applies to Ethan the demi-god.

I l-o-l'd at your "Ethan the demi-god" comment. Heh. =p

Sexy_Raine
Sep 21, 2006, 06:22 PM
I'm so glad I'm ditching the idea of using a newman hunter. I'll be a forcesince there won't be that many of them.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 21, 2006, 06:52 PM
maybe Ethan could be one of Chuck Norris's sons or something. and I really like lonevandal's comment about race not making much of a difference. but I have to see for myself, even though extra mode isn't the same as online mode.

Kimil
Sep 21, 2006, 09:21 PM
Newman Battle Mage FTW:
- self S+D and Resta
- Magic ability+Resitance
- Evade+Accuracy = Ninja
- Still can use Big ass swords

Zeig123
Sep 21, 2006, 09:25 PM
On 2006-09-21 19:21, Kimil wrote:
Newman Battle Mage FTW:
- self S+D and Resta
- Magic ability+Resitance
- Evade+Accuracy = Ninja
- Still can use Big ass swords

so true

Nilot
Sep 21, 2006, 11:35 PM
Newmans have the highest evasion and best accuracy next to casts too, at least thats what I've been reading, theres no reason why they couldn't be HUs =P I'm sure ST thought about this stuff beforehand, they wouldn't let every race be able to change jobs if they couldn't each have an individual thing about them that made them good at the job =x

ShinMaruku
Sep 22, 2006, 02:31 PM
Well I'm plodding as a FO right now but once Wartech is availble I'll be raping once again.

Soon you will be a Kunoich Kasumi soon....

zofia
Sep 22, 2006, 03:15 PM
On 2006-09-21 16:22, Sexy_Raine wrote:
I'm so glad I'm ditching the idea of using a newman hunter. I'll be a forcesince there won't be that many of them.

Well, I sort of doubt Newmen FO's will be rare... <_<

Also, anyone who wants to be a wartecher will prolly want (maybe even 'have to') max out HU and FO.

Personally, I will prolly start as FO and then play as HU. Heck, depending how long the updates take, I may max out RA on my 'Newearl, too.

Also, if it's as tough as some say to play Newmen HU's then you can bet that a lot of people claiming they will be one 'no matter what' will change their tune when they're actually playing.

At least, that's what I think might happen.

Kaply
Sep 22, 2006, 03:20 PM
On 2006-09-21 21:35, Nilot wrote:
Newmans have the highest evasion and best accuracy next to casts too, at least thats what I've been reading, theres no reason why they couldn't be HUs =P I'm sure ST thought about this stuff beforehand, they wouldn't let every race be able to change jobs if they couldn't each have an individual thing about them that made them good at the job =x

Lol, you think ST thinks things that far ahead? They already adjusted status effects downwards, increased craft times, overloaded servers causing character ownership issues, and you think they could have made sure every race would work well with every job?

Eclypse
Sep 22, 2006, 04:03 PM
We have very similar goals, Eclypse.

I played a HUnewearl to 100 in v1, took her to 190 in v2, plus have a lv185 HUnewearl in GC PSO I still play from time to time. I've played and enjoyed lots of classes (shouts out to RAmarl and FOnewearl) but HUnewearl, to date, is my absolute favorite.

It seems that Wartecher (HU/FO expert) comes the closest to approximating the range of skills that make HUne's so fun to me.

Perhaps we can compare notes later on, once we actually get to start playing our characters.

Going all the way back to the DC I've run nothing but HUnewearls on each version of PSO that was released, and I can't see myself changing for PSU. I know people keep saying that NeHu is not that great of a character, but that is the same thing that people said when PSO first came out and we all see how that turned out.

I'm still going to wait before I decide if WarTecher is the advanced job that I want to use because there just isn't enough information available about it yet. Sure people know what it is, but there has to be more to it because I really think having a Hunter with a secondary job of a Force, but has to change weapons to use the tech is really stupid.

I have a love/hate relationship with some of the changes they have made to PSU in terms of the HUnie and that's because they pretty much made a perfect character not so perfect anymore. I mean how can they take about my Mechguns, that's like stabbing me in the chest. On PSO I ran as the Fo in my teams at least 80-85% and that is what I was looking forward to doing in PSU, but it looks like that will be changed unless I stay as a Fo since all Newman start as Fo types.

Natrokos
Sep 22, 2006, 04:16 PM
I have only heard a few people say that HUnewm/HUnewearl will suck. Most people have said either: "They won't be the best but they are workable." or "Play what you want to play." If you want to be Newman Hunter go ahead and do it! Enjoy it too!

Eclypse
Sep 22, 2006, 04:21 PM
I've seen countless people say that Newmans make terrible hunters, and it's one of the bold headings that PsuPedia has listed for the Newman class.

Oh don't worry, I don't care about peoples opinions at all, it was decided long long ago that I would be running a Newman female and that won't be changing.

zofia
Sep 22, 2006, 04:23 PM
Eclypse, if I didn't have rock-solid info that said otherwise, I'd say we were separated at birth.

Zael
Sep 22, 2006, 04:32 PM
I use one on offline mode. It's not that bad at all. (But then again, I can use techs too so I have S/D)

Nilot
Sep 22, 2006, 04:36 PM
On 2006-09-22 13:20, Kaply wrote:

On 2006-09-21 21:35, Nilot wrote:

Lol, you think ST thinks things that far ahead? They already adjusted status effects downwards, increased craft times, overloaded servers causing character ownership issues, and you think they could have made sure every race would work well with every job?

I think theyre making efforts to let everyone play the game as they want to, but if you have issues with that then just listen to the people argue on the boards and do what they tell you, or more direct to the point, don't play the game.. a lil negativity goes a long way, and you still have the choice to not buy the game, so just put up with it =P

Natrokos
Sep 22, 2006, 04:47 PM
Relatively bad and terrible are very different things...And No offense but the strengths/weaknesses on psupedia (A site which a love and frequently use) are a little wierd....For example they said Newmans have below average DEF (which is true) since it has a C rating but they don't say Beast has below average TAP or that they are 'relatively bad' forces....My point was very few have said that playing a Newman Hunter was a horrific experience they hope never to repeat...

Most would agree that playing style can make up for the Newmans downsides. Eclypse, since you are playing a HUnewearl I hope you at least agree with that statement.

Eclypse
Sep 22, 2006, 05:02 PM
Well if you look thru many other topics that I've posted in you will see that I've said it doesn't matter what character you run because it all depends on the person controlling the character.

PsuPedia doesn't need to say that a beasts has below average TAP because why the hell would anyone use a Beast if they want to be a force? Stating the obvious is what they did for the Newman pros/cons, but there is no need to even mention it about a beast because anyone with decent intellect wouldn't play a beast as a force.

I wouldn't say that a Newman has below average defense because C is average since B is good and A is excellent. I'm not really understanding why you are going back and forth on this with me because this isn't something that's open for debate. It sounds like you are trying to convince me to give Newmans a try when I've said since day one back on the Dreamcast that I will always play as HUnies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2006-09-22 15:04 ]</font>

Eclypse
Sep 22, 2006, 05:02 PM
On 2006-09-22 14:23, zofia wrote:
Eclypse, if I didn't have rock-solid info that said otherwise, I'd say we were separated at birth.

Will you be playing on PS2, PC, or Xbox?

Zeig123
Sep 22, 2006, 05:06 PM
I agree with eclypse...cause I have played a Huney just because there was no hunewm but I plan to play a hunewm now.......I think that they will make great hunters....maybe not at first but a little later i the game they will become stronger.....plus who would even play a beast as a force....well maybe my cluesless next door neighbor

Eclypse
Sep 22, 2006, 05:09 PM
My only gripe and it's a HUGE gripe is that only Ra characters can use Dual Handguns, and the even larger gripe is the removal of my beloved Mechguns. I had every 9 star Vulcan on my Hunies for PSOX, and to know that I won't be able to rock them on PSU is disappointing. HUnies with mechguns were a complete one woman army.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 22, 2006, 05:34 PM
It's still to early to tell, but I am definitely not convinced to use one online. We've still haven't seen the utimate difficulty yet. It's not like I'd be missing out on any awesome exclusives they may have.

anmato145
Sep 22, 2006, 05:37 PM
I usually play with whatever race and whatever job I like. I don't bother caring about the stats anymore since ffxi lol. People make too big of a deal on what race works with what job. I play to have fun not argue why I use A race on B job http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif. If they don't like it or dont agree they can kick me or block me out or whatever.

Natrokos
Sep 22, 2006, 05:40 PM
Eclypse, all I have been saying is that newmans won't be horrible hunters. You said Psupedia says otherwise (even though you don't agree I get that you've said it several times)....I've read through psupedia several times and if you take a look at the pros/cons of the races and the grading system you will see it isn't the greatest reference. I quoted Psupedia on the defense stat...It says Newmans have below average but gives them a C. I'm not trying to convince you, I don't care what you play or how you play it it won't affect me at all....All I was originally trying to do was defend HUnewms/HUnewearls from skeptics and you disagreed with my post even though we both have a similiar opinion?

Eclypse
Sep 22, 2006, 05:58 PM
I never disagreed with you, and I never said PSUPedia said they were horrible, I said I've seen many people say that they are horrible. You don't have to defend them to me because I already know now good they are regardless of what people say. I said that PSUPedia says they don't make good Hunters and you can click ont he page to see that for yourself just like anyone else can.

Anyways it doesn't matter so we can just drop it.

zofia
Sep 23, 2006, 11:13 AM
On 2006-09-22 15:02, Eclypse wrote:

On 2006-09-22 14:23, zofia wrote:

Will you be playing on PS2, PC, or Xbox?

I have PC and PS2 version reserved. I will be playing online with the PC version (+ game pad), offline on my ps2.

Eclypse
Sep 23, 2006, 11:41 AM
Ah ok, well I will be on the Xbox version since it is now coming out at the same time as the other versions. I was going to play the PC version because the 360 version was coming out so much later, but now that they are all coming the same day I had to change back.

hypersaxon
Sep 23, 2006, 12:04 PM
I find it ironic how people defend the Newman Hunter concept, but when a Beast Force is brought up, people make the same complaints that people make about Newman Hunters. "Who would wanna play a Beast Force?! They suck!"

I say who the hell cares, just play as whatever the hell you want.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 23, 2006, 12:23 PM
^
true, I've got nothing against Newman Hunters and I would love to see someone kick ass with them to prove all the naysayers wrong, but at the same time, its also hypocritical to say that a Beast Force would suck. I also would love to see how a Beast Force would perform and see whether or not it sux.

Eclypse
Sep 23, 2006, 12:55 PM
It's not hypocritical to say a BeFo would suck. Reasoning: People that say a Newman hunter sucks are basing that assumption off the fact that Newman characters have the weakest ATP, HP, and DFP of the hunter type characters, but on the flip side it could easy be said that a Beast Force would suck because they have terrible TAP and it doesn't get any better, and can't be compensated for the same way that having lower DFP and ATP can for a Newman Hunter. HUnewearls were physically weaker than any other HU class on PSO and yet they still out performed the other classes because weapons could make up for th gaps in the character. In PSU a beast doesn't have that same luxury because TAP can't be increased since it's inherent in the race and weapons don't boost TAP the same way that weapons boost ATP.

Bottom line, BeFo characters will be sorely lacking in the Force game where as Newman Hunters will be A-Ok.

Natrokos
Sep 23, 2006, 12:59 PM
Cast Force is actually worse off then Beast Force......

Cross
Sep 23, 2006, 01:05 PM
On 2006-09-23 10:55, Eclypse wrote:
In PSU a beast doesn't have that same luxury because TAP can't be increased since it's inherent in the race and weapons don't boost TAP the same way that weapons boost ATP.

Just curious, but, uhh... Where the hell are you pulling that from? Force weapons raise TAP the exact same way that Hunter weapons raise ATP.

I mean, a Newman with a strong Wand is still going to be stronger than a Beast with the same Wand, but the reverse applies in exactly the same way to a Beast with a strong Saber versus a Newman with the same weapon.

watashiwa
Sep 23, 2006, 01:07 PM
On 2006-09-23 11:05, Cross wrote:
Just curious, but, uhh... Where the hell are you pulling that from? Force weapons raise TAP the exact same way that Hunter weapons raise ATP.

I mean, a Newman with a strong Wand is still going to be stronger than a Beast with the same Wand, but the reverse applies in exactly the same way to a Beast with a strong Saber versus a Newman with the same weapon.

This post gets my seal of approval.

*insert generic seal here*

And, yeah, force weapons do have TAP. Cross just bought a leet one yesterday that boosts his TAP by nearly 100.

Eclypse
Sep 23, 2006, 01:15 PM
On 2006-09-23 11:05, Cross wrote:

On 2006-09-23 10:55, Eclypse wrote:
In PSU a beast doesn't have that same luxury because TAP can't be increased since it's inherent in the race and weapons don't boost TAP the same way that weapons boost ATP.

You're missing what I'm saying.

Example:

If you have a Beast Hunter that can do 1000 points of damage with a Saber, a Newman Hunter with the same weapon is going to do at least 60-65% of the damage that a beast will do.

When it comes to TAP, a Newman is on a completely different level than a beast when it comes to Tech power. Sure the weapon will increase the TAP of the beast and the Force, but the beast is still going to be very weak when compared to the Newman's same Tech attack.

Physical damage is easily compensated for on this game and has always been easy to make up for in the PS series, but Tech damage is something that does not compensate equally and this was easily proven in PSO. If it's different in PSU I would love to see examples and screen shots of a Beast Force and a Newman Force doing the same tech attack and getting similar damage.

watashiwa
Sep 23, 2006, 01:25 PM
On 2006-09-23 11:15, Eclypse wrote:

Physical damage is easily compensated for on this game and has always been easy to make up for in the PS series

Even I'm not seeing your point. I mean, okay, you compare a Beast and Newman hunter attacking with the same weapon... if they wear identical equipment.. are identical job levels and player level.. the Beast will still out damage the Newman.

Although, you say physical damage is compensated for on this game and techs aren't? How? Newman's accuracy? For Hunters that really only affects head on strikes. Beasts can still hit from the side or back to hit more often. Plus, Beasts get nanoblasts which boost all sorts of their stats from damage output, speed, accuracy, and also making them invincible. I see no compensation at all there, buddy. Beast Hunter flat out owns a Newman one.

Your post makes no sense!

Natrokos
Sep 23, 2006, 01:31 PM
A Newman hunter and Beast Force will experience a similiar grind...I think they are both workable but will depend upon the player.

DJ_Phantasy
Sep 23, 2006, 01:47 PM
watashiwa: what I think he is trying to say is that even though the beast hunter will outdamage the Newman hunter when they are of equal level, there are items that can easily counter this difference. SO, if the Newman hunter were to equip (for arguements sake, not sure if its in PSU) a God/Pow or 2 he/she could easily be on par w/ the ATP of a Beast Hunter. HOWEVER, as far as TAP goes, there is no item as of yet that increases technical attack power which means a Newman hunter w/ enough units to equal the ATP of a Beast Hunter will outdamage the Beast Hunter due to the fact that the Newman Hunter has a higher amount of TAP causing there PA(?) with there weapons to produce more damage.

of course this arguement disregards the fact that the Beast Hunter could have a God/Pow him or herself, but this was a hypothetical situation.

Eclypse: did I get the jist of it??

Cross
Sep 23, 2006, 01:50 PM
Edit 2: Should mention, the first part of this was meant to agree with watashiwa.

Yeah, that's a bunch of BS. A Newman isn't going to do "similar damage" to a Beast using the same weapon setup. You can't "make up" for that; it's just math. It's the exact same thing as a Beast and a Newman using the same tech with the same setup. You're grossly overestimating the bearing that natural TAP has compared to the big picture; once you add in a powerful weapon, the job level bonus (which I believe is independant of race), Units, Retial, and everything else, the difference (at least at mid-level) between a Newman and Beast Force of about the same level is going to be maybe (maybe) like 1200 versus 1500. Signifigant, yes, but not especially moreso than the difference in ATP.

And that's not mentioning other things, like how a Beast's much greater survivability means that they can use PBAoE Gi-techs worry-free, while a Newman is going to have to be careful and sparing with those if they don't want to get smeared on the wall, the fact that some Light/Dark techs can damage the caster or drain HP, which pretty much right off the bat makes Beasts more suited towards those.

Trying to compare a Newman Force and a Beast Force in the areas where Newmans have the clear advantage is obviously going to make Beasts look bad. In a perfect world where you never have to worry about getting touched, yeah, a Newman is going to embarrass a Beast the same way that a Beast Hunter is going to embarrass a Newman Hunter in a contest of hitting enemies in the back with a sword, but that's not the way things work. Different techs promote different playstyles, and a Beast can do some things more easily the same way that a Newman can do some things more easily.

That's not even mentioning multiclassing.

On 2006-09-23 11:47, DJ_Phantasy wrote:
of course this arguement disregards the fact that the Beast Hunter could have a God/Pow him or herself, but this was a hypothetical situation.

That and the fact that there are TAP-boosting units which are arguably more powerful than their ATP equivalents.

If this is the argument, then the argument is even weaker, because saying "This twinked-out [Newman/Beast] is just as good as this baseline [Beast/Newman]" disregards that the exact same equipment is available to both characters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-09-23 11:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-09-23 11:56 ]</font>

DJ_Phantasy
Sep 23, 2006, 01:55 PM
/golfclap Cross

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 23, 2006, 01:57 PM
one thing a beast force has is that he/she can take beatings better than a newman force which might die easily. but yeah, I'm really in support for both newman hunters AND beast forces and even cast forces. lets try and experiment, I have a human and a beast hunter, and I so far haven't seen any major inferiorities of the human.

Ether
Sep 23, 2006, 02:02 PM
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/8862/foiebi2.jpg

This is the stat sheet for foie. The third number, 363% is a TAP multiplier, determining how much damage the spell does, based on how much TAP you have. It goes up as you level the spell. The very bottom number, 2, is the level of the status effect the spell causes, in this case burn

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/1469/shiftaoe1.jpg

This is the stat sheet for Shifta. There is no TAP multiplier. This means a beast or cast will have the exact same shifta as a newman, completely negating all possible advantage a newman wartecher was supposed to have.

RIP HUnewearl

Nilot
Sep 23, 2006, 02:04 PM
On 2006-09-23 10:59, Natrokos wrote:
Cast Force is actually worse off then Beast Force......

Yeah... A bunch of people seem to be jumping the gun and playing the game how they think it is, instead of actually trying it =(

Itsuki
Sep 23, 2006, 02:28 PM
I think people are viewing hunewearls a bit too harshly. Their hit to ATP really isn't that bad. I mean, I'll admit I've called them the worst class/race combination in the game in several other threads, but its not an issue of ATP at all.

If you have a Beast Hunter that can do 1000 points of damage with a Saber, a Newman Hunter with the same weapon is going to do at least 60-65% of the damage that a beast will do.

When it comes to TAP, a Newman is on a completely different level than a beast when it comes to Tech power. Sure the weapon will increase the TAP of the beast and the Force, but the beast is still going to be very weak when compared to the Newman's same Tech attack.

Physical damage is easily compensated for on this game and has always been easy to make up for in the PS series, but Tech damage is something that does not compensate equally and this was easily proven in PSO. If it's different in PSU I would love to see examples and screen shots of a Beast Force and a Newman Force doing the same tech attack and getting similar damage.

This post is complete full of BS and is written by someone that has obviously not touched the game. First off, 60-65%? You far underestimate the damage. A newman has 74% the ATP of a beast online. Exact number. Counting weapon attack in, a newman is probably going to deal ~85% damage to most monsters. Its not all that noticable. What is noticable is the newmans lack of HP and DEF, and the fact all newmans have going for them is evade. A HUcast is basically better in every way as a hunter when compared to a HUnewm.

You really have to think about how much ATP/TAP comes from weapons. These are no joke.

As for beast forces, they really aren't that bad. During the beta I made a strong point that the range of resta and likely for buffs is short, and the hp of newmans is just too low to be an active support class. From what I hear, the 40+ newman forces don't have an issue with this, but in the 30 and lower beta it was pretty apparent. Either way, there are 12+ support spells now that aren't dependent on TAP (except for resta). And even with the attack spells, using the right ones in the right situations still makes you useful to the party. It forces a different style of play, but is not necessarily bad.

HP + DEF but lack of TAP creates a different playstyle for forces. Less HP + DEF + ATP + ATA + END than a HUcast, AND not even having an SUV (wether you use it or not), that just makes a bad Hunter. Especially when you consider that beasts are considered the hunter designed race, not casts.

Tetsuro
Sep 23, 2006, 04:38 PM
This is the stat sheet for Shifta. There is no TAP multiplier. This means a beast or cast will have the exact same shifta as a newman, completely negating all possible advantage a newman wartecher was supposed to have.
I fail to see how this negates the advantage of a newman wartechter. It is not as if Shifta will be the only Tech a Wartechter can use. Hell for all we know a Wartechter will be mostly force with a little bit of hunter thrown in, allowing them to use all techs.

Eclypse
Sep 23, 2006, 11:56 PM
On 2006-09-23 11:25, watashiwa wrote:

Physical damage is easily compensated for on this game and has always been easy to make up for in the PS series

Even I'm not seeing your point. I mean, okay, you compare a Beast and Newman hunter attacking with the same weapon... if they wear identical equipment.. are identical job levels and player level.. the Beast will still out damage the Newman.

Although, you say physical damage is compensated for on this game and techs aren't? How? Newman's accuracy? For Hunters that really only affects head on strikes. Beasts can still hit from the side or back to hit more often. Plus, Beasts get nanoblasts which boost all sorts of their stats from damage output, speed, accuracy, and also making them invincible. I see no compensation at all there, buddy. Beast Hunter flat out owns a Newman one.

Ok first of all you chimed in on an exchange when you don't even know what the discussion is about.

I'm not comparing Newman Hunters and Beast Hunters. The original discussion was about Newman Forces vs Beast Forces which I then used the Hunter comparison as an example.

It's common fucking sense to realize a Beast will do more damage than a Newman, but it's obvious you didn't read the original post because I am refering to the comment someone made about a Beast Force not being bad.

but at the same time, its also hypocritical to say that a Beast Force would suck. I also would love to see how a Beast Force would perform and see whether or not it sux.

In which I responded by saying a BeFo would suck etc etc. I never once said anything about a Newman Hunter being more powerful than a Beast Hunter so next time read the original posts because you start saying a post doesn't make sense. My post makes perfect sense for explaining what we were originally talking about and not what you and that other person changed it to.

Eclypse
Sep 24, 2006, 12:00 AM
On 2006-09-23 11:47, DJ_Phantasy wrote:
watashiwa: what I think he is trying to say is that even though the beast hunter will outdamage the Newman hunter when they are of equal level, there are items that can easily counter this difference. SO, if the Newman hunter were to equip (for arguements sake, not sure if its in PSU) a God/Pow or 2 he/she could easily be on par w/ the ATP of a Beast Hunter. HOWEVER, as far as TAP goes, there is no item as of yet that increases technical attack power which means a Newman hunter w/ enough units to equal the ATP of a Beast Hunter will outdamage the Beast Hunter due to the fact that the Newman Hunter has a higher amount of TAP causing there PA(?) with there weapons to produce more damage.

Eclypse: did I get the jist of it??

Well considering that I am not talking anything about comparing Beast Hunters to Newman Hunters, not really. There is no way that a NeHu will out damage a BeHu, but Cross and Watashiwa decided to focus on what I was saying about Hunters rather than what my original post was about in regards to a Beast Force sucking and it not being Hypocritical.

I was originally responding to a post by Hypersaxon & Shiroryuu that said it would be hypocritical of someone to say a BeFo would suck, and then all of a sudden Cross and Wata chimed in and took this to a completely different place.

Cross
Sep 24, 2006, 12:12 AM
On 2006-09-23 22:00, Eclypse wrote:
I was originally responding to a post by Hypersaxon & Shiroryuu that said it would be hypocritical of someone to say a BeFo would suck, and then all of a sudden Cross and Wata chimed in and took this to a completely different place.

Yeah, we're cool like that.

Look, either somebody responds to whichever parts of your post you happen to get right, and the thread is full of "Yeah hey man I agree that's awesome" or somebody responds to the parts where you aren't right and the thread actually gains, you know, content.

And by the way, you might want to read this page over again, because the bulk of my last post was talking specifically about why you're off the mark on Beast Forces, only bringing up Hunters to compare and contrast to.

Eclypse
Sep 24, 2006, 12:18 AM
Trying to compare a Newman Force and a Beast Force in the areas where Newmans have the clear advantage is obviously going to make Beasts look bad. In a perfect world where you never have to worry about getting touched, yeah, a Newman is going to embarrass a Beast the same way that a Beast Hunter is going to embarrass a Newman Hunter in a contest of hitting enemies in the back with a sword, but that's not the way things work. Different techs promote different playstyles, and a Beast can do some things more easily the same way that a Newman can do some things more easily.

Even responding to just this section of your post which deals with my original responds is stil lmissing the mark. A different playstyle isn't going to matter one bit in a straight for straight tech use between Newmans and Beast which is what I am talking about.

You should go back are reread what I actually said and by then hopefully you will see that arguing what you're arguing is completely pointless because I am talking about it in terms of calling it hypocritical.

...and highjacking a topic has nothing to do with creating content. You can create content simply buy posing a decent question or whatever else crosses your mind.

It 'twas fun getting into creative discussion with you all, but it is time for me to go handle some biz so I'll holla!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2006-09-23 22:26 ]</font>

Ether
Sep 24, 2006, 12:27 AM
On 2006-09-23 22:18, Eclypse wrote:
A different playstyle isn't going to matter one bit in a straight for straight tech use between Newmans and Beast which is what I am talking about.

They're called support techs. A beast force is much safer when it comes to running into a group of mobs to cast jellen and zalure. Neither of those spells, along with the buff spells like shifta, are TAP dependent, so they'll be just as good as a newmans

Sexy_Raine
Sep 24, 2006, 10:03 AM
On 2006-09-23 11:25, watashiwa wrote:

So glad I'm making my newman a force. It's still too early though. When people reach the ultimate difficulty, in the few months from now, then will see if everyone is perfectly the same.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-09-24 08:14 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-09-24 08:16 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Sep 24, 2006, 11:09 AM
Well I could go check all them crazy stats at level 100 for you gouys offline:
And you lot though hacking is just negative

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/ShinMaruku/psu20060923_145048_001.jpg
Hoo boy my hp sucks... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 24, 2006, 11:21 AM
^
whats her job?

ShinMaruku
Sep 24, 2006, 11:33 AM
Force. Hunter has like 300-200 more HP so it still sucks....
So who next ya wnat to see? I'll fire it up in a while.. I was having too much fun with the bows....
Then I crashed the game... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Eclypse
Sep 24, 2006, 11:39 AM
What are her stats at level 100 in Hunter v Force?

ShinMaruku
Sep 24, 2006, 12:25 PM
Give me 10 mins

Eclypse
Sep 24, 2006, 12:27 PM
Ok cool. Thanks alot.

Zarbolord
Sep 24, 2006, 12:27 PM
Sonic: I'M WAITING!!!!

ShinMaruku
Sep 24, 2006, 12:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/ShinMaruku/psu20060925_023255_001.jpg
Sorry for taking so long damn thing crashed that's the last time I frig with weapon addressed... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
There you go Force vs Hunter stats

Eclypse
Sep 24, 2006, 01:10 PM
Very nice, thanks alot.

So do the stat columns read the same way as they did in PSO?

ATP
DFP
???
EVP
ATA
???
TAP
LCK

I'm not fluent in Kanji so I have no idea what those say. If those are like the PSO columns then it looks like the Hunter Newman with the Force job secondary will be just like the HUnewearls of old and vice versa.

ShinMaruku
Sep 24, 2006, 01:31 PM
If the wartecher data is on the disc I could most certainly try to see how that would function for sure but right now I can't find that address to see as I would crash it utterly XD
But yeah for the most part the stats are lined up similar to PSOs

Ah now I got down the evilness of techs...
Maybe tommrow I'll show the stats for all races at level 100.
Right now I'm going to frig with my tech level.

Although I know some don't like my mucking about but it's nice to give a preview of what's to come. Rahter than just ODing on people.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShinMaruku on 2006-09-24 11:43 ]</font>

Spectre316
Sep 24, 2006, 02:04 PM
wow how are u lvl 100 alrdy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif is that extra mode or online?

Zarbolord
Sep 24, 2006, 02:11 PM
Online the cap is 50 if I've heard right (that is for now...)
Nice stats. It's interesting. So they've kept the blue and red system, hmm...

ShinMaruku
Sep 24, 2006, 02:22 PM
My stats are the bare minium for my level so imorvment can be done I expect some significant improvments along the way.
If you think those stats are good wait till you see a level 100 Beast then you'll see why I say my hp sucks but my tech dmaage is insane and with a few level 30 techs... I don't wannt know.

Zarbolord
Sep 24, 2006, 02:24 PM
Can't wait to play http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ether
Sep 24, 2006, 02:26 PM
EXTRA MODE STATS != ONLINE

Try looking at some real information, ano not hacked garbage

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119181&forum=20&start=0&99#32

Zarbolord
Sep 24, 2006, 02:29 PM
Sounds pretty complex, I'll need to go through the stuff and calculate ;(
Damn, how am I ever gonna decide what to do? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Ok, I've decided, HU/FOnewm, dual class. It makes sense...

ShinMaruku
Sep 24, 2006, 04:34 PM
On 2006-09-24 12:26, Ether wrote:

Some tiems a visaul feed works better for some...

Hacked Garbage? Now if I had 9999 HP then you could say that. I'm just getting a glimpse of what is to be seen.

Seems peopel already gonna go lump people together....
Whatever:
If anybody want to see more just lt me know twould be nice to help for once.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 24, 2006, 04:57 PM
I just tried out a female newman hunter just now, which is supposedly the weakest Hunter, and I have to say that although I found myself using a bit more mates and using PA's a bit more often, she didn't seem to be like an uber weakling or something, the difference wasn't THAT great, although it was there somewhat.

anmato145
Sep 24, 2006, 04:59 PM
Well, im not gonna take in consideration what anyone says about Newman... Im gonna play the game with the race I enjoy the most. Newman. Let it be a crappy Hunter i'll still play it to the fullest. And if people complain and try to throw statistics at me who cares XD. As long as im having fun i'm not gonna bother.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 24, 2006, 05:19 PM
oh yeah, just noticed that I wasn't even wearing any armor on when I was playing as my female newman as a Hunter the whole time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ether
Sep 24, 2006, 05:20 PM
Extra mode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Eclypse
Sep 24, 2006, 07:14 PM
On 2006-09-24 12:26, Ether wrote:

Yo son you can keep that garbage to yourself.

I personally find this information useful because it allows for planning for the future. If you don't like what's being done then keep it to yourself. I personally asked for this information and I appreciate that Shin was able to provide it.

How is it hacked garbage when those are the same numbers you will seee when you reach level 100 if you are unmodified?

Ether
Sep 24, 2006, 07:26 PM
Please tell me what kind of planning for the future you can do with a bunch of numbers that are:

completely detached from any comparison subject
completely irrelevant to online mode stats
unknown what number corrosponds to what stat

Spoilers: HUnewearl is subpar in every stat important to hunter

ShinMaruku
Sep 24, 2006, 07:46 PM
That was well known.
But some people love imposeing such restrictions on their playstyel case in point Forcieendging DMC XD

DONTOSE
Sep 24, 2006, 08:12 PM
newmens are good thier high Evp and Mst make them powerful but i dont think they would make good hunters it would lower thier mst by a lot

Pengfishh
Sep 24, 2006, 09:11 PM
Do the Newman's adorable ears increase their stats any?

Alisha
Sep 24, 2006, 09:54 PM
wouldnt newmans going wartecher be sorta gimping themselves even more? if the info i've seen is right wartechers caps are:
20 for pa's
20 for technics
10 for gun

for forfighter or whatever its:
30 for pa's
10 for gun
0 for technics.

heres a link with the extra mode info the table is at the bottom.

http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Expert_Classes

Pengfishh
Sep 24, 2006, 09:59 PM
I don't see where you're going with this one, Alisha. How would having level 20 Techniques and PAs be gimping?

Alisha
Sep 24, 2006, 10:09 PM
in terms of melee combat you wouldnt be as effective as someone with lvl 30 pa's since pa's have reduced accuracy.

look here http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Skills and look at the ata percentages and even the damage percentage is directly influenced by pa level. i dont know how strong psu techs are but a watecher may have to use attack techs for more than just tagging to keep the damage up.

Eclypse
Sep 24, 2006, 11:21 PM
On 2006-09-24 17:26, Ether wrote:
Please tell me what kind of planning for the future you can do with a bunch of numbers that are:

completely detached from any comparison subject
completely irrelevant to online mode stats
unknown what number corrosponds to what stat

Spoilers: HUnewearl is subpar in every stat important to hunter

Well it's a known fact that your spoiler is false because this is the exact same thing people said and reported when PSO first came out on the DC and we all know that is a lie. There is NO such thing as being subpar in a stat because the stats aren't what determine the result, the player is.

The numbers are not completely detached from online because in the history of PSO games, the numbers in levels are alway uniform. On PSO you could practically gauge how many points of a single stat you would get in a level by level basis.

As for using them for comparison, who the hell said anything about comparing them to anything?

The numbers are not unknown considering Shin confirmed they are all in the same realm as the stats on PSO and many of other people have already said the same thing about the stats with the exception of TAP which wasn't on PSO.

Bottom line if I or anyone else want to see the stats then so be it. Me collecting that information isn't fucking with your world in anyway, so don't worry about why or why I shouldn't want this data.

Eclypse
Sep 24, 2006, 11:34 PM
Alisha even if the PA's accuracy is directly influenced by level, you're talking a matter of percentage points. If you look at some of those levels the % in difference is anywhere from 10% to 14%, and those are really small numbers.

Ether
Sep 25, 2006, 01:23 AM
On 2006-09-24 21:21, Eclypse wrote:
Well it's a known fact that your spoiler is false

Ok, you're right. HUnewearl has one decent stat, their accuracy, which is 4th best of all hunters. Actually, when you say it like that, it doesn't even sound so good, because it means they're only better than the other 4 hunters

Now, lets see what stats they aren't so hot in...

Lowest HP of all hunters

Lowest ATP of all hunters

2nd lowest DFP of all hunters

Highest EVP of all hunters! Oh wait, evade is a negative stat for hunters. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119594&forum=20) And if you still want to argue this one, hunters have the lowest evade naturally, so it's still lower than every force and most rangers

There is NO such thing as being subpar in a stat because the stats aren't what determine the result, the player is

I'm pretty sure when two players attack a monster, and the cast does more damage than the newman, every single time, thats stats determining the result. Or when a boss uses a huge attack, and the newman dies because their HP is lower. Or when you cant equip high level weapons because your ATP is too low

The numbers are not completely detached from online because in the history of PSO games, the numbers in levels are alway uniform. On PSO you could practically gauge how many points of a single stat you would get in a level by level basis.

First of all, this isn't PSO Secondly, you completely missed my point. Extra mode stats are not the same as online mode, at any level. They're completely worthless for comparison purposes

As for using them for comparison, who the hell said anything about comparing them to anything?

So what exactly are you doing with them? Staring at a bunch of numbers that don't mean anything by themselves?

The numbers are not unknown considering Shin confirmed they are all in the same realm as the stats on PSO and many of other people have already said the same thing about the stats with the exception of TAP which wasn't on PSO.

They aren't in the same order as PSO stats, and you posted an order earlier that was wrong. So yeah, I'd say they're pretty unknown to you. But since I'm a nice guy, heres what it says for HUnewearl stats

HP: 1558
ATP: 489
ATA: 118
TAP: 668
DFP: 116
EVP: 113
MST: 177
END: 19

Now what do they all mean? Oh thats right, nothing. You seemed content to look at a bunch of numbers, and assume what they meant, and that they looked "good enough" How exactly are you determining what they mean without some sort of comparison subject? At the very least, get the stats of a level 100 beast hunter. That way you can see how much more HP they have, how much more ATP they have, and how much more ata the newman has. That way, you can start to get an edjucated guess of whats good enough. All I can see in that screen is that the HUnewearl barely has more ATP than the FOnewearl (lowest ATP in the game) and that seems pretty shitty to me

However, you're still forgetting one crucial thing when comparing them to PSO HUnewearls, and blindly saying their stats are in the same realm as them.

PSU HUnewearls can't use techs.

HUnewearls in PSO were on par with other hunters because of their shifta, deband, jellen, zalure, and resta. Take those away, and you would get a hunter who does considerably less damage than all the others, and takes more damage per hit. Thats PSU HUnewearl in a nutshell

anmato145
Sep 25, 2006, 01:27 AM
On 2006-09-24 23:23, Ether wrote:

On 2006-09-24 21:21, Eclypse wrote:
Well it's a known fact that your spoiler is false

Ok, you're right. HUnewearl has one decent stat, their accuracy, which is 4th best of all hunters. Actually, when you say it like that, it doesn't even sound so good, because it means they're only better than the other 4 hunters

Now, lets see what stats they aren't so hot in...

Lowest HP of all hunters

Lowest ATP of all hunters

2nd lowest DFP of all hunters

Highest EVP of all hunters! Oh wait, evade is a negative stat for hunters. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119594&forum=20) And if you still want to argue this one, hunters have the lowest evade naturally, so it's still lower than every force and most rangers

There is NO such thing as being subpar in a stat because the stats aren't what determine the result, the player is

I'm pretty sure when two players attack a monster, and the cast does more damage than the newman, every single time, thats stats determining the result. Or when a boss uses a huge attack, and the newman dies because their HP is lower. Or when you cant equip high level weapons because your ATP is too low

First of all, this isn't PSO Secondly, you completely missed my point. Extra mode stats are not the same as online mode, at any level. They're completely worthless for comparison purposes

So what exactly are you doing with them? Staring at a bunch of numbers that don't mean anything by themselves?

They aren't in the same order as PSO stats, and you posted an order earlier that was wrong. So yeah, I'd say they're pretty unknown to you. But since I'm a nice guy, heres what it says for HUnewearl stats

HP: 1558
ATP: 489
ATA: 118
TAP: 668
DFP: 116
EVP: 113
MST: 177
END: 19

Now what do they all mean? Oh thats right, nothing. You seemed content to look at a bunch of numbers, and assume what they meant, and that they looked "good enough" How exactly are you determining what they mean without some sort of comparison subject? At the very least, get the stats of a level 100 beast hunter. That way you can see how much more HP they have, how much more ATP they have, and how much more ata the newman has. That way, you can start to get an edjucated guess of whats good enough. All I can see in that screen is that the HUnewearl barely has more ATP than the FOnewearl (lowest ATP in the game) and that seems pretty shitty to me

However, you're still forgetting one crucial thing when comparing them to PSO HUnewearls, and blindly saying their stats are in the same realm as them.

PSU HUnewearls can't use techs.

HUnewearls in PSO were on par with other hunters because of their shifta, deband, jellen, zalure, and resta. Take those away, and you would get a hunter who does considerably less damage than all the others, and takes more damage per hit. Thats PSU HUnewearl in a nutshell

Wow... >_> Like poetry in motion XD

Zarbolord
Sep 25, 2006, 01:38 AM
END 19? Isn't that the PP stats? How big can it get?

Kyuu
Sep 25, 2006, 01:59 AM
On 2006-09-24 23:23, Ether wrote:

HUnewearls in PSO were on par with other hunters because of their shifta, deband, jellen, zalure, and resta. Take those away, and you would get a hunter who does considerably less damage than all the others, and takes more damage per hit. Thats PSU HUnewearl in a nutshell.
But you're forgetting one very important fact: they'd still have looked a lot better doing their subpar damage.

On a serious note, it's obviously true that, in PSU, Hunter Newmans simply have poorer stats, and that their strength (TAP) is meaningless since they can't use techs period. However, the only really important question is: can HUnewearls be effective enough to be an asset to the team? If so, then who cares if they're not doing as much damage as the Beast. Point of playing a game: having fun.

Alisha
Sep 25, 2006, 02:00 AM
its been proven END has nothing to do with pp. i suspect it may have something to do with the chance of being stunned

Zarbolord
Sep 25, 2006, 02:04 AM
Of being stunned? You mean, kinda like the LCK stats in PSO? But as a defence from enemy attacks?

Kyuu
Sep 25, 2006, 02:10 AM
On 2006-09-25 00:04, Zarbolord wrote:

Of being stunned? You mean, kinda like the LCK stats in PSO? But as a defence from enemy attacks?
Wha? o_0 LCK in PSO only affected your chance for critical strikes, unless I'm mistaken.

Pengfishh
Sep 25, 2006, 02:12 AM
Ekliypzse, if you're going to continue your argument for Newman Hunters, at least pick a reasonable side. All this "play it because it's fun but their stats aren't THAT bad" bullshit isn't flying. Argue to play it for fun, or argue their stats aren't that bad.

Fools half-step. Come correct.

Alisha
Sep 25, 2006, 02:13 AM
hell laser.

Eclypse
Sep 25, 2006, 02:23 AM
Pengfishh, when have you ever seen me say play it because they are fun? You haven't because I haven't ever said to play them because they are fun. I am trying to get people to stop being so damn number dependent and understand that HUnies can be weaker than the other hunter classes and be just as good if not better.

Hell in PSO the HUnie was the weakest Hunter character and they still rocked shit better than the HUhcast, HUmar, or the HUcaseal.

Eclypse
Sep 25, 2006, 02:26 AM
Ether you can't possibly expect me to answer that long as bible verse tonight because it just ain't happening. If you want to exchange novels then do it in my PM box because there is no way in hell I'm sorting through that only to counter each and every single thing you say in your post.

However since I love to go back and forth I will respond this time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Pengfishh
Sep 25, 2006, 02:28 AM
Okay, but WHY? Why!! What is this good and WHY are you arguing for "just as good" for no reason?! Is it the thrill of the argument? Could it be? Couldn't be! You make terrible arguments. You pick and choose what points to counter, take them out of context to reach some outlandish point of your own with no strong basis.

So! If you'll continue this argument as I SEE FIT, please explain "HUnies can be weaker than the other hunter classes and be just as good if not better" and tell me how you even know because, and correct me if I misread, you said you've always used HUnewearls. Also explain how your PSO experience is at all pertinent to your lack of experience in PSU.

Also tell me your weight.

Zarbolord
Sep 25, 2006, 02:29 AM
Ok, I was saying that it resembles the LCK stat from pso, in the sense that it's a 'hit' chance, but on the defencive side so that the higher it is the less chance there is for an enemy to stun you. Am I correct in saying this theory?

Sev
Sep 25, 2006, 03:07 AM
It's simple what Eclypse is trying to say as far as a HUnewearl outperforming other Hunters.

Basically... If a player is good enough, they can be on par or outperform others, even if they're playing the race "meant" for that job.

This is going to work for anything though... So I don't see the point of even bringin it up. It's common sense that people with more knowledge of the game, and the ability to utilize that knowledge would do better then someone with limited knowledge... Or someone with alot of knowledge but limited ways to utilize it. Stop trying to defend the HUnewearl... There's no point. You're going to play it because you want to, the stats don't matter to you, and as long as you're doing your job and enjoying yourself those stats shouldn't matter to anyone else. You shouldn't expect to be putting up the same numbers as other races, or expect to take hits the same... You already know that. But that doesn't matter, a good player can get out of harms way most of the time, and if you can't... That's call bad luck. It happens.

Statistics only count for half of the gameplay. The other half is the actual person using the character... That's a given, and it's not something that should have to be argued at all. This is why having lower stats doesn't by fault make your Race/Gender/Job combination subpar...

And as far as Wartecher goes... That's something different entirely. Just because you chose a Wartecher, doesn't mean that all you should do is buff up and go melee... I think there's supposed to be more to the job then that... Just a little speculation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2006-09-25 01:08 ]</font>

Eclypse
Sep 25, 2006, 03:32 AM
On 2006-09-25 01:07, Sev wrote:
It's simple what Eclypse is trying to say as far as a HUnewearl outperforming other Hunters.

Basically... If a player is good enough, they can be on par or outperform others, even if they're playing the race "meant" for that job.

This is going to work for anything though... So I don't see the point of even bringin it up. It's common sense that people with more knowledge of the game, and the ability to utilize that knowledge would do better then someone with limited knowledge... Or someone with alot of knowledge but limited ways to utilize it. Stop trying to defend the HUnewearl... There's no point. You're going to play it because you want to, the stats don't matter to you, and as long as you're doing your job and enjoying yourself those stats shouldn't matter to anyone else. You shouldn't expect to be putting up the same numbers as other races, or expect to take hits the same... You already know that. But that doesn't matter, a good player can get out of harms way most of the time, and if you can't... That's call bad luck. It happens.

Statistics only count for half of the gameplay. The other half is the actual person using the character... That's a given, and it's not something that should have to be argued at all. This is why having lower stats doesn't by fault make your Race/Gender/Job combination subpar...

And as far as Wartecher goes... That's something different entirely. Just because you chose a Wartecher, doesn't mean that all you should do is buff up and go melee... I think there's supposed to be more to the job then that... Just a little speculation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2006-09-25 01:08 ]</font>

You know what SEV, you my man are a genius. I can't see how out of all the people on this board only 1 person got what I was saying.

I feel you about the defending why to play a HUnie, etc because it's not like anyone will ever see my point or vice versa.

I'm ending this with your post since it pretty much sums everything up perfectly.

Ether
Sep 25, 2006, 03:39 AM
Hilarious. Sev wasn't even agreeing with you

If you're not playing HUnewearl for stats, and you're not playing it for fun, why are you playing it?

HiKeRI
Sep 25, 2006, 03:41 AM
Well it is logical... a bad player without skill wont ever top a good player with skill, same as a player with the best weapon on the game than a player with a decent weapon with better skillz

Sev
Sep 25, 2006, 03:48 AM
On 2006-09-25 01:39, Ether wrote:

If you're not playing HUnewearl for stats, and you're not playing it for fun, why are you playing it?

Meh... This needs some correcting because I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with anything to begin with. I was just saying what I thought about the situation... And trying to clear up the confusion for those who couldn't understand it.

There's more reasons to play a Race/Gender/Class combo then just Fun or Stats...

A.) The look.

B.) Because you have a history with this type of character.

C.) Impulse (My personal favorite)

D.) None of the other types of characters appeal to you.

All of these have nothing to do with fun or stats. They're independent reasons. I try not to take any side because in the end...

It's none of my fucking business why anyone does anything. As long as they aren't hurting anyone.

Ether
Sep 25, 2006, 03:53 AM
Personally I would rule all of those under fun, except maybe D

On 2006-09-25 00:23, Eclypse wrote:
I am trying to get people to stop being so damn number dependent and understand that HUnies can be weaker than the other hunter classes and be just as good if not better

Newman has 15% less atp then Human
Human has 10% less atp than Cast
Cast has more ata than Newman

Newman hunter cannot ever outdamage a cast hunter. I win

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-09-25 02:07 ]</font>

Eclypse
Sep 25, 2006, 04:07 AM

--------------------------------------------

Why the hell would you play a character for stats? Why does it even matter what the fuck there stats are? Please tell me that. The reason I haven't brought up fun is for the obvious reasons, if you need to say some stupid shit like playing a HUnie for fun blah blah blah then you're moron because why do you do anything you enjoy in life...............for fun. That is why I NEVER in all the posts in this thread say anything about playing a HUnie for fun, it doesn't need to be said because that would be stating the obvious.

As for stats, STOP depending on numerical values good lord. This game isn't all about numbers, numbers are a fraction of what this game is about and that's all I'm saying.

Secondly I never said that Sev agreed with me, I simply appealed to cooler heads because his post made all kinds of sense. You have complete tunnel vision with your damn numbers and I'm pretty tired of bothering to explain what you can't see.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eclypse on 2006-09-25 02:07 ]</font>

Eclypse
Sep 25, 2006, 04:09 AM
On 2006-09-25 01:48, Sev wrote:

Meh... This needs some correcting because I wasn't agreeing or disagreeing with anything to begin with. I was just saying what I thought about the situation... And trying to clear up the confusion for those who couldn't understand it.

There's more reasons to play a Race/Gender/Class combo then just Fun or Stats...

A.) The look.

B.) Because you have a history with this type of character.

C.) Impulse (My personal favorite)

D.) None of the other types of characters appeal to you.

All of these have nothing to do with fun or stats. They're independent reasons. I try not to take any side because in the end...

It's none of my fucking business why anyone does anything. As long as they aren't hurting anyone.

I wasn't saying you did agree with me, I was just saying amen to the fact that someone without tunnel vision can understand and not place a damn numerical value on each and every thing.

Eclypse
Sep 25, 2006, 04:12 AM
On 2006-09-25 01:53, Ether wrote:
Personally I would rule all of those under fun, except maybe D

On 2006-09-25 00:23, Eclypse wrote:
I am trying to get people to stop being so damn number dependent and understand that HUnies can be weaker than the other hunter classes and be just as good if not better

Newman has 15% less atp then Human
Human has 10% less atp than Cast
Cast has more ata than Newman

Newman hunter cannot ever outdamage a cast hunter. I win

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ether on 2006-09-25 02:07 ]</font>

Come on man, get a fucking clue.

Seriously are you as stupid as you are coming across. Why are you so stuck on fucking numbers, please tell me, better yet I don't give a fuck.

It's blatantly obvious that you can't do shit in life without a number attached so I'm done with you
because this is pathetic that you're highlight of the week is engaging in an internet message board argument that should have been dropped a long long time ago.

As for you winning, what are you talking about, it's a fucking message board, and even worse a damn video game.....you make it seem like you just won the damn World Cup or something.

Ether
Sep 25, 2006, 04:14 AM
On 2006-09-25 02:07, Eclypse wrote:
Why the hell would you play a character for stats? Why does it even matter what the fuck there stats are?

On 2006-09-22 15:02, Eclypse wrote:
PsuPedia doesn't need to say that a beasts has below average TAP because why the hell would anyone use a Beast if they want to be a force? Stating the obvious is what they did for the Newman pros/cons, but there is no need to even mention it about a beast because anyone with decent intellect wouldn't play a beast as a force.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Eclypse
Sep 25, 2006, 04:51 AM
If you're going to quote a conversation then make sure you include each and every post that it pertained to because that response about a beast was part of a COMPLETELY different conversation than the one you and I have been going about. Once again you are completely lost.

Secondly you seriously need a life if you looked thru all the posts in this topic just to find a quote from me which mind you, has nothing to do with the discussion of depending on numerical values.

Goodnight I'm going to sleep.

zofia
Sep 25, 2006, 12:43 PM
I'm not going to write a whole big thing. I started to, but then thought better of it.

I pretty much agree 100% with Sev, in terms of point-of-view of this topic. I also have very similar in-game goals to Eclypse. However, unlike Eclypse's detractors in this topic, I feel no reason to argue with THEM and post pointless "I win" posts.

For the record: when you have to make a post that says that 'you win' you are usually losing. Funny how that works out, but that's about the bottom line. It's like giving yourself a nickname: might sound good to you, but no one else will ever use it and behind your back they'll give you another nickname, one you prolly wouldn't like if they actually let you know about it.

For the record, people dumped on RAmarls and HUnewearls when GC PSO was new, yet RAmarls and HUnewearls were among the first to 200. I played both classes to over 150, with most of my time spent online, and while I never did (nor dreamed) of doing as much damage, hit-for-hit, as a like-level-HUcast, I could do thing a cast never could. It balanced out nicely. I have a feeling it will play out that way in PSU too. DC PSO has clear cut 'winners' and 'losers' in the class-balance isssue but GC PSO pretty much negated that. Any inbalances early on in PSU will likely even out over time. You'll see.

~ zofia, 'newearl for life.

Alisha
Sep 25, 2006, 01:04 PM
eh in party play hucast crushed all other hunters. gc pso also had clear cut winners and losers.
the winners in team play were
hucast/hucaseal/racast/fonewm/fomarl
for solo
hunewearl/ramarl/fomarl/fomar/fonewm

its fine if people want to be hunter newmans just dont start having illusions that you will ever beat out equally skilled players of more endowed races.

Zarbolord
Sep 25, 2006, 01:09 PM
I think that the HUnewearl is too classic. I'll use a HUnewm for a change...

Scirrocco
Sep 25, 2006, 01:35 PM
On 2006-09-25 10:43, zofia wrote:
I played both classes to over 150, with most of my time spent online, and while I never did (nor dreamed) of doing as much damage, hit-for-hit, as a like-level-HUcast, I could do thing a cast never could. It balanced out nicely. I have a feeling it will play out that way in PSU too.

The thing is though, theres no difference anymore between same classes. Hunewearls could cast in PSO, but casts couldn't. You made up some of your loss in ATP and HP with resta, shifta/deband, and damage techs. not really an option here since a hunter is a hunter is a hunter.

When expert classes comes out, that may and probably will change, but not now. Now, it really is all about numbers.

anmato145
Sep 25, 2006, 01:47 PM
Will the madness and arguments ever end? ;;

foamcup
Sep 25, 2006, 02:12 PM
On 2006-09-25 11:47, anmato145 wrote:

No, because people are assholes. Especially Ether.

anmato145
Sep 25, 2006, 02:16 PM
On 2006-09-25 12:12, foamcup wrote:

On 2006-09-25 11:47, anmato145 wrote:

No, because people are assholes. Especially Ether.

All I needed to know. Thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

zofia
Sep 25, 2006, 02:26 PM
On 2006-09-25 11:35, Scirrocco wrote:

I played both classes to over 150, with most of my time spent online, and while I never did (nor dreamed) of doing as much damage, hit-for-hit, as a like-level-HUcast, I could do thing a cast never could. It balanced out nicely. I have a feeling it will play out that way in PSU too.

The thing is though, theres no difference anymore between same classes. Hunewearls could cast in PSO, but casts couldn't. You made up some of your loss in ATP and HP with resta, shifta/deband, and damage techs. not really an option here since a hunter is a hunter is a hunter.

When expert classes comes out, that may and probably will change, but not now. Now, it really is all about numbers.

That's pretty much my point (on HUne's): they did not match up, stat-wise, but since they had many more abilities (i.e., tech use up to lv20) they were often able to help the party in ways a cast HU could not.

Let's say the classic team in GC PSO (online) is in play: 2 FO's, a RA, and a cast HU. Well, if their main interest is efficiency then those four characters are prolly better off without a HUne or a HUmar taking up the HUcast/caseal slot.

But, there were times when you could't get a FO. When those times came up a HUne (or a RAmarl) could 'pinch hit' as a FO, keeping up lv20 s/d/j/z/resta and lv7 anti when needed. Not nearly as good as a FO would do it (except for the anti 7), infinitely better than a cast could do it. It's a balance thing. But, yeah, head to head with both characters, a HUcast will always out damage a same-level/same-gear/same-shifta HUnewearl. I won't even attempt to argue against that, since its true. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

On the topic of pure Hunters in PSU (not taking into account expert classes) I likewise agree: they are not as 'good' as cast and beast Hunters (stat-wise). I'm not posting to argue against that.

However, expert classes ARE on the horizon, and at that point a Newman HU who is also using his excellent FO abilities (the HU/FO hybrid, wartecher) becomes a very interesting, unique character.

Until that time comes I will level up FO and HU to prepare, and while I'm in my HU job I will do my best, even if I'm not 'as good' as other HU's. If you don't want to play with me because I'm some gimp Newearl HU I really don't care. I'm sure I'll make lots of friends in PSU who don't give a **** about that sort of stuff. And, actually, those are the sorts of people I prefer to play with anyway: people more interested in fun and making friends than people who spout 'I'm superior so I win.'

Anyway, it's a big 'universe' and I would never tell anyone else how to think or feel, so please enjoy playing and thinking what you like. I will do the same. I mostly just posted in because I think Eclypse is somewhat misunderstood in this topic and I happen to agree with a lot of what Eclypse posted. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zofia on 2006-09-25 12:28 ]</font>

anmato145
Sep 25, 2006, 02:30 PM
On 2006-09-25 12:26, zofia wrote:

On 2006-09-25 11:35, Scirrocco wrote:

That's pretty much my point (on HUne's): they did not match up, stat-wise, but since they had many more abilities (i.e., tech use up to lv20) they were often able to help the party in ways a cast HU could not.

Let's say the classic team in GC PSO (online) is in play: 2 FO's, a RA, and a cast HU. Well, if their main interest is efficiency then those four characters are prolly better off without a HUne or a HUmar taking up the HUcast/caseal slot.

But, there were times when you could't get a FO. When those times came up a HUne (or a RAmarl) could 'pinch hit' as a FO, keeping up lv20 s/d/j/z/resta and lv7 anti when needed. Not nearly as good as a FO would do it (except for the anti 7), infinitely better than a cast could do it. It's a balance thing. But, yeah, head to head with both characters, a HUcast will always out damage a same-level/same-gear/same-shifta HUnewearl. I won't even attempt to argue against that, since its true. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

On the topic of pure Hunters in PSU (not taking into account expert classes) I likewise agree: they are not as 'good' as cast and beast Hunters (stat-wise). I'm not posting to argue against that.

However, expert classes ARE on the horizon, and at that point a Newman HU who is also using his excellent FO abilities (the HU/FO hybrid, wartecher) becomes a very interesting, unique character.

Until that time comes I will level up FO and HU to prepare, and while I'm in my HU job I will do my best, even if I'm not 'as good' as other HU's. If you don't want to play with me because I'm some gimp Newearl HU I really don't care. I'm sure I'll make lots of friends in PSU who don't give a **** about that sort of stuff. And, actually, those are the sorts of people I prefer to play with anyway: people more interested in fun and making friends than people who spout 'I'm superior so I win.'

Anyway, it's a big 'universe' and I would never tell anyone else how to think or feel, so please enjoy playing and thinking what you like. I will do the same. I mostly just posted in because I think Eclypse is somewhat misunderstood in this topic and I happen to agree with a lot of what Eclypse posted. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zofia on 2006-09-25 12:28 ]</font>

Zofia your the type of player i look for everyday when trying to make friends on pso http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Make sure to look me up when PSU comes out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Alisha
Sep 25, 2006, 02:33 PM
i personally think wartekker will be kinda crap. id rather specialize then be medicore at a few things. know what i did in pso if there wasnt a fo in the team? i switched to mine. i tried switch hitting as hune and ramarl before and felt my resources were stretched too thin to the point were before i got corrupted i carried a tp draining shot with my ramarl.

zofia
Sep 25, 2006, 02:44 PM
On 2006-09-25 12:33, Alisha wrote:
i personally think wartekker will be kinda crap. id rather specialize then be medicore at a few things. know what i did in pso if there wasnt a fo in the team? i switched to mine. i tried switch hitting as hune and ramarl before and felt my resources were stretched too thin to the point were before i got corrupted i carried a tp draining shot with my ramarl.

That's cool ~ you play the way you like, of course! I think a lot of people like to specialize. That's totally cool. Some people (myself included) like to play more 'jack of all trade' classes (like HUne and RAmarl in GC PSO).

I think it's cool PSO gave us the choice, and PSU soon will.

---

Anmato: thanks for the good word! Will you be on ps2/pc or x360? I'll be on pc, btw.

anmato145
Sep 25, 2006, 02:46 PM
Ps2 so we'll be able to contact eachother, If theres 2 servers im gonna be on server 2 tho.

zofia
Sep 25, 2006, 02:53 PM
On 2006-09-25 12:46, anmato145 wrote:
Ps2 so we'll be able to contact eachother, If theres 2 servers im gonna be on server 2 tho.

Cool, well I have no idea what server I'll be on. I'll sort of 'roll with it' when the game launches. Once the game is live my character info (and server, and stuff) will be in my sig here.

anmato145
Sep 25, 2006, 02:56 PM
Alright kool, hope to hunt with ya soon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

foamcup
Sep 25, 2006, 03:37 PM
Yo, I wanna roll with you guys too.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 25, 2006, 03:56 PM
Still not convinced to even bother with a Newman hunter, and I could care less about any future changes. But I'll agree with the other people when they say choose whoever you want. Nobody is going to force you to whore top-tiers stats, thats just stupid. While I'm 100% loyal to the female newman, I refuse to use a low tier character, that's just how I feel. I only want to use someone who I know that will do good in battle, and feel comfortable with the main character I've choosen to use for hundreds of hours I will play. I'll give it my all with the female newman force.

If it makes anyone feel better, I'm thinking of using a human ranger as one of my characters later on. I don't care about their stats, as long as I can make it through harder difficulties, honestly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-09-25 13:59 ]</font>

zofia
Sep 25, 2006, 03:57 PM
On 2006-09-25 13:37, foamcup wrote:

Cool!

zofia
Sep 25, 2006, 04:03 PM
On 2006-09-25 13:56, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Still not convinced to even bother with a Newman hunter, and I could care less about any future changes. But I'll agree with the other people when they say choose whoever you want. Nobody is going to force you to whore top-tiers stats, thats just stupid. While I'm 100% loyal to the female newman, I refuse to use a low tier character, that's just how I feel. I only want to use someone who I know that will do good in battle, and feel comfortable with the main character I've choosen to use for hundreds of hours I will play. I'll give it my all with the female newman force.

If makes anyone feel any better, I'm thinking of using a human ranger as one of my characters later on. I don't care about their stats, as long as I can make it through harder difficulties, honestly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2006-09-25 13:58 ]</font>

Hey, nothing wrong with that. (Gawd, I hope I'm not starting to sound like a Dr. Phil type with all this 'do what you feel is best' stuff)... <_<

But, ya know, it's true: the single most important thing is make and play a character you will enjoy for a long time.

The other thing is, as hard as it might be play as a 'sub-tier' race (depending on job) things have a tendency to even out, or even change, at high levels. No matter what race you are in PSO, does it really matter after lv150? Every character pwns mightily, even in seabed ult online, past a certain point if you've stuck with your character, raised a good mag, and have good gear. But will you even get to that point if you're playing the character that's 'best' but not what you really want to be?

:: cue ironic zen music, flash to last scene in Kill Bill when ******** Kiddo has defeated Oren Ishi and the wooden water pivot tips over, again ::

=p

VanHalen
Sep 25, 2006, 04:22 PM
hey if anyone doesnt want to play with newman hunters we can make a newman supremacy squad

anmato145
Sep 25, 2006, 04:26 PM
On 2006-09-25 13:37, foamcup wrote:

The more the merrier http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

zofia
Sep 25, 2006, 04:28 PM
lol - I like that!

They don't want us?! FINE! Then we don't want them ~ hah!

Then, one day, when we unlock the expert classes and get to add our über FO skills to our supposedly gimp HU/RA skills... we'll show them...

we'll show them our...

SUPREMACY!!!

hehehe

VanHalen
Sep 25, 2006, 04:35 PM
yeah that'll teach them its always the quiet one that are the most deadly lol
lets show them the power of newman hunters

TheStoicOne
Sep 25, 2006, 04:46 PM
Hey, don't forget about the rangers tooo!

VanHalen
Sep 25, 2006, 04:55 PM
yeah who can forget the rangers heck include all the newmans build an army take over the universe lol

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 25, 2006, 05:06 PM
I'd already think that Newmans would make pretty good Rangers IMO. Being a Ranger isn't about damage, its more about debuffing and status effects and Newmans have great ATA while being meatbags at the same time for those (like me) who prefer fleshies over casts.

VanHalen
Sep 25, 2006, 07:22 PM
yeah so you will aid in newman supremacy right lol

foamcup
Sep 25, 2006, 07:49 PM
On 2006-09-25 14:55, VanHalen wrote:
yeah who can forget the rangers heck include all the newmans build an army take over the universe lol

Woot, I want to be the commander of the FOs.

VanHalen
Sep 25, 2006, 08:10 PM
On 2006-09-25 17:49, foamcup wrote:

as long i command the HUs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 25, 2006, 08:12 PM
On 2006-09-25 17:22, VanHalen wrote:

well, my main guy is still being a human, and my third character, if able, will be a beast. but that second will definately be a female newman.

VanHalen
Sep 25, 2006, 08:21 PM
On 2006-09-25 18:12, Shiroryuu wrote:

On 2006-09-25 17:22, VanHalen wrote:

well, my main guy is still being a human, and my third character, if able, will be a beast. but that second will definately be a female newman.

ok then. well be nice to your newman friends http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

foamcup
Sep 25, 2006, 08:40 PM
On 2006-09-25 18:10, VanHalen wrote:

On 2006-09-25 17:49, foamcup wrote:

as long i command the HUs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Go right ahead, I prolly won't play anything except Force.

VanHalen
Sep 25, 2006, 09:13 PM
oh well we'll still take over the world with newman determination and pride

foamcup
Sep 25, 2006, 09:21 PM
On 2006-09-25 19:13, VanHalen wrote:
oh well we'll still take over the world with newman determination and pride

And our sexy ears, lol.

VanHalen
Sep 25, 2006, 09:34 PM
yes of course we have the best ears uncomparable to none espically not the ugly beast ears lol

Sexy_Raine
Sep 25, 2006, 09:43 PM
On 2006-09-25 19:34, VanHalen wrote:
yes of course we have the best ears uncomparable to none espically not the ugly beast ears lol

I couldn't agree with you more. I just love those newman ears http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

zofia
Sep 26, 2006, 08:25 AM
This topic has taken a turn for the...

Fiiiiiiiiiiinest!

All anti-Newmen people: STEP OFF!

=p

Zarbolord
Sep 26, 2006, 10:31 AM
I love newmen, I'd make all my characters newmne, but I want to try them all first.

Lovejuice
Sep 26, 2006, 10:55 AM
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/951/newmanhuntercp0.jpg

- -
Edit: Let's keep the exposure to minimum. ;]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-09-28 09:19 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Sep 26, 2006, 11:00 AM
Hmmm, maybe not to such an extent....

zofia
Sep 26, 2006, 02:35 PM
On 2006-09-26 08:55, Lovejuice wrote:

vg_geek86
Sep 26, 2006, 02:38 PM

Links. Now.

foamcup
Sep 26, 2006, 02:44 PM
Yeah, some linkage please. That would make a good background for my desktop, lol.

Eclypse
Sep 26, 2006, 06:07 PM
You guys seriously need help..............and that's my professional opinion.

vg_geek86
Sep 26, 2006, 06:11 PM
Im just lonely and in need of hawt hentai action =P

Eclypse
Sep 26, 2006, 06:14 PM
If you're lonely then leave the computer and go outside where the REAL women are and lay down the mack.

The woman in the cube next to mine burst out laughing when she saw the comments that some of you made.

vg_geek86
Sep 26, 2006, 06:19 PM
But the world outside is bright, and burns my skin...

vg_geek86
Sep 26, 2006, 06:21 PM
*oops, double post*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: vg_geek86 on 2006-09-26 16:22 ]</font>

Alexandrious1
Sep 26, 2006, 06:24 PM
On 2006-09-26 16:14, Eclypse wrote:
If you're lonely then leave the computer and go outside where the REAL women are and lay down the mack.

The woman in the cube next to mine burst out laughing when she saw the comments that some of you made.

qft

VanHalen
Sep 26, 2006, 06:38 PM

umm wow hmm *keeps staring* very nice *gets back on topic* yeah but umm yes newman supremacy and stuff and some sort of uhh *stares again*
- -
Edit: Please keep your thoughts quieter. Some are uneasy with you thinking out loud. ;]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2006-09-28 09:20 ]</font>

Eclypse
Sep 27, 2006, 12:51 AM
Thanks, there is no way in hell I would have ever figured out thats what that meant.

Zarbolord
Sep 27, 2006, 01:48 AM
Oi! My post was deleted! Anyway, back to topic. There used to be hunter newmen since a looong time ago. Heard of Braveman and Liberator before? >.<

Pure-chan
Sep 27, 2006, 10:41 AM
My 1st char on DCv1 was a HUnewearl. I think I may end up bringing her back for nostalgia's sake, stats be damned.

Zarbolord
Sep 27, 2006, 11:02 AM
Again, stats aren't the important thing, it's the way you play that makes the difference. Stats are already damned!

VanHalen
Sep 27, 2006, 01:57 PM
On 2006-09-27 09:02, Zarbolord wrote:
Again, stats aren't the important thing, it's the way you play that makes the difference. Stats are already damned!

yeah i bet you a newman hunter can own a beast hunter in a fight and dont try and use the ATP and nanoblast thing cause power means nothing if you cant hit your opponent newmans have evasion and accuracy over them

Natrokos
Sep 27, 2006, 02:26 PM
^ I wouldn't go that far.

VanHalen
Sep 27, 2006, 02:54 PM
^ im taking it that far they need to know who their new rulers are lol

foamcup
Sep 27, 2006, 03:28 PM
Yeah, your new rulers are the Casts! I tried out a Cast Hunter and now I'm defecting to their side.

VanHalen
Sep 27, 2006, 03:30 PM
^ noooo foamcup join the newman side we have pie and ice cream

zofia
Sep 27, 2006, 03:38 PM
And caek!

anmato145
Sep 27, 2006, 03:38 PM
and punch >_>

zofia
Sep 27, 2006, 03:44 PM
And the Hawaiin Punch guy comes crashing through the wall every time we even THINK about being bored!

anmato145
Sep 27, 2006, 03:50 PM
You mean the Kool-aid man... OH YEA!!!!!!!!!

foamcup
Sep 27, 2006, 03:59 PM
Mmmm, cake, pie, and ice cream. And punch. Alright, alright, I'll give a Newman Hunter a shot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

zofia
Sep 27, 2006, 04:00 PM
YAY!!!!!!!!

anmato145
Sep 27, 2006, 04:01 PM
HAH! We converted one... Only a couple thousand more >_>

foamcup
Sep 27, 2006, 04:06 PM
Lol, you just converted me back is all. I was all set to play Newman Force, but Force is boring to me now. I'm 100% certain I'm playing a Hunter now. I just need to decide on the race. And I expect to see some pie up ins next time I'm here.

anmato145
Sep 27, 2006, 04:09 PM
Im gona be newman force no doubt, but i'll play ranger and hunter too.

Shye
Sep 27, 2006, 04:24 PM
Now I can't get the image of newmans slathered in cake, pie, ice cream and punch out of my head.

Yay! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shye on 2006-09-27 14:35 ]</font>

anmato145
Sep 27, 2006, 04:27 PM
lmao

Pure-chan
Sep 27, 2006, 04:44 PM
Wow, even with all the shiny new abilities (Nanoblasts/SUV's) there are still a lot of newman HU fans on here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

@Zan: will you be remaking Malak?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-09-27 14:44 ]</font>

VanHalen
Sep 27, 2006, 04:58 PM
On 2006-09-27 13:59, foamcup wrote:
Mmmm, cake, pie, and ice cream. And punch. Alright, alright, I'll give a Newman Hunter a shot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

yay more more newmans you are now saved since you converted back to the newmans http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

foamcup
Sep 27, 2006, 05:27 PM
Okay, it's decided, I'm gonna play a Newman Hunter. Now bring on the newearls covered in cake and/or pie. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

We need to round up more people and form a guild.

VanHalen
Sep 27, 2006, 05:32 PM
^ yeah cake covered newman girls lol we can form a guild for newmans that get kicked out of guilds for being newmans lol i hope when and if theres a battle mode you can do team battles 6 vs. 6 wooo!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-09-27 15:49 ]</font>

Eclypse
Sep 27, 2006, 07:13 PM
On 2006-09-27 13:38, zofia wrote:
And caek!

Is this the Scandinavian variant of cake?

anmato145
Sep 27, 2006, 07:22 PM
On 2006-09-27 14:44, Pure-chan wrote:
Wow, even with all the shiny new abilities (Nanoblasts/SUV's) there are still a lot of newman HU fans on here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

@Zan: will you be remaking Malak?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pure-chan on 2006-09-27 14:44 ]</font>

Wow you called me zan... Havent been called that for a long time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. And I won't be remaking malak, I'll be using a different name. Not trying to stick out anymore, too many people will know me, and too much drama that drove me from PSO GC will be there. (Besides Military reasons). If you wish to know the name I will use on PSU pm me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Edit: My legacy with malak hitting 200 on V2 and Gamecube (within the 1st 3 weeks) Is officially over http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anmato145 on 2006-09-27 17:24 ]</font>

foamcup
Sep 27, 2006, 07:24 PM
On 2006-09-27 15:32, VanHalen wrote:
^ yeah cake covered newman girls lol we can form a guild for newmans that get kicked out of guilds for being newmans lol i hope when and if theres a battle mode you can do team battles 6 vs. 6 wooo!!!

[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-09-27 15:49 ]

Ha! How bout we call the guild Cake Covered Newman Girls? Everyone would have to play a female newman character. Just a thought. Anyway, 6 on 6 battles would be pretty cool. It should have a mode where we can battle in the tanks too.

VanHalen
Sep 27, 2006, 08:20 PM
On 2006-09-27 17:24, foamcup wrote:

On 2006-09-27 15:32, VanHalen wrote:

[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-09-27 15:49 ]

Ha! How bout we call the guild Cake Covered Newman Girls? Everyone would have to play a female newman character. Just a thought. Anyway, 6 on 6 battles would be pretty cool. It should have a mode where we can battle in the tanks too.

yes cake covered newman girls *drools* i bet you now all the newman girls in the world feel very uncomfortable right now lol but in battles we should use the hoverbikes and the flame spiting ostrich cut peoples head off on the hoverbike and char people with a ostrich better yet use spaceships and blast people

ShinMaruku
Sep 27, 2006, 09:07 PM
EDIT: Sorry, we can't do that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2006-09-27 21:06 ]</font>

Rizen
Sep 27, 2006, 09:10 PM
Wow...just wow....

Polly
Sep 27, 2006, 09:14 PM
So how 'bout some stats :D

ShinMaruku
Sep 27, 2006, 09:39 PM
What satts? Want me to hack a Beast to hell now?

Polly
Sep 27, 2006, 09:41 PM
Hell is a bad place :(

ShinMaruku
Sep 27, 2006, 09:45 PM
Right now I';m still messing with tech adresses so it mgith take some time. I'd like to see what tech dmaage I cna fget at maxt has to be better than that 1,000 I'm getting now.

anmato145
Sep 27, 2006, 09:52 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anmato145 on 2006-09-27 19:52 ]</font>

zofia
Sep 28, 2006, 08:57 AM
On 2006-09-27 17:13, Eclypse wrote:

And caek!

I believe you recently posted something to the effect of: "[You] don't speak internet."

Caek is 'internet' for tasty cake.

=p

=P <- that means a silly, friendly smile with my tongue sticking out

=p

zofia
Sep 28, 2006, 08:59 AM
On 2006-09-27 13:50, anmato145 wrote:
You mean the Kool-aid man... OH YEA!!!!!!!!!

D'oh! You're right, KOOL AID.

foamcup
Sep 28, 2006, 10:22 AM
On 2006-09-28 06:57, zofia wrote:

On 2006-09-27 17:13, Eclypse wrote:

And caek!

I believe you recently posted something to the effect of: "[You] don't speak internet."

Caek is 'internet' for tasty cake.

=p

=P <- that means a silly, friendly smile with my tongue sticking out

=p

Ha ha, I do believe you've just created a new leet slang word. Ima definitely use it from now on.

I just remembered the Hawaiian Punch guy is that little dude that punched people in the face. We can use him and Kool-Aid against the enemies of the Newman Republic. Kool-Aid will bust through the wall, then Punch will start taking people out. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

zofia
Sep 28, 2006, 10:25 AM
I didn't invent caek!!! 0.0

Someone named 'Klock' (or something) once posted something like 'Caek Get!' on the PSO social boards over at GF a long time ago and it sorta started rolling from there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif I just noticed it back then and thought it was funny.

Zarbolord
Sep 28, 2006, 10:27 AM
This is ridiculous >_>

zofia
Sep 28, 2006, 10:37 AM
I take it you never participated in 'Sweet Mania.'

foamcup
Sep 28, 2006, 10:38 AM
On 2006-09-28 08:27, Zarbolord wrote:
This is ridiculous >_>

Yes it is. Still fun though.

Polly
Sep 28, 2006, 10:38 AM
Wooooo PSU General standards :D

<3

RamenEater
Sep 29, 2006, 10:16 PM
I know that newman's are made to be forces mainly, but if I were to become one, basically id just be really weak and have nothing to show for right? Until I get that expert class and become a hunter/force?

Does anyone know how much weaker I would be and would it really hurt the party if I was a newman Hunter. I just really like their elf ears cause I wanna look like my ffxi elvaan monk. The beast ears are ok, they don't really look that cool.

Ether
Sep 29, 2006, 10:22 PM
As hunters they have good accuracy and evade, but thats about it. In a party you won't really be detrimental because the game is easy enough already, but soloing will be more difficult due to lower HP and ATP

As for how much weaker, check out Itsuki-chan's stat comparson post here http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119181&forum=20&start=0&99#32

RamenEater
Sep 29, 2006, 10:30 PM
That's cool, man its such a hard decision. Be the best damage dealer as beast/hunter or look mad cool with elf ears lol. Hopefully someone can tell me more about the expert classes so maybe newman hunter would be good.

On another note, I just pressed your sig Ether lol, funny stuff

Cross
Sep 29, 2006, 10:32 PM
It's the worst race/class combination in the game. Which isn't to say that it's unplayable or anything. It's just that you get no benefit out of being a Newman hunter compared to any other race, and that's not quite as true for other 'bad' combinations like a Cast Force.

Wartechers might change that a little, but probably only by letting you switch between playing as pure-Force and pure-Hunter - it doesn't work the way HUnewearls did in PSO.

VanHalen
Sep 29, 2006, 11:40 PM
umm cross how about beast rangers? im sure thats the best combination in the game right but anyway im pretty sure there are many benefits to being a newman hunter

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-09-29 21:44 ]</font>

Cross
Sep 30, 2006, 01:54 AM
Beasts have terrible ATA in comparison to other races, yes, and that does hurt them a lot as a Ranger. But they also have the highest HP and ATP, which are also important to being a Ranger. A Beast Ranger's stats aren't too different from a Human Hunter's - they're basically just Hunters that mainly equip guns instead of melee weapons.
Casts aren't too far behind in HP and ATP, and overall do the job better with a much higher ATA, but Beast Rangers have definite advantages in useful areas over Newman and Human Rangers. This isn't really true of Newman Hunters. EVA is still low even though they're the best of all races at it, and EVA isn't that useful for Hunters to begin with. TAP is completely useless (and even for Wartechers, it's useless for support techs). MST somewhat useful, but not enough to really swing the balance one way or the other.

Like I said, they're not unplayable - if you want to, go ahead and do it; you're not going to severely detract from any group unless the mission is extraordinarily difficult. But they're the worst Hunters, and don't have any signifigant benefits to show for it.

Edit: To be fair, Cast Forces are almost just as bad, but only because Beast Forces share similar stats that are generally higher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cross on 2006-09-29 23:58 ]</font>

Shade-
Sep 30, 2006, 02:46 AM
Newman hunters, Beast rangers, and Cast forces are really the only "bad" combinations in the game. (once you get to expert classes, it would only apply to the forte-class for each one, if you pick a combo class with something your race is naturally better at, I argue would make up for the difference)

If you, a newman hunter, and a beast hunter have the same equiment and fighting the same things, the beast will do noticeably better in almost all regards. (EVA is hardly a factor with hunters, as thier eva modifier is so low to begin with) and the beast may miss a few attacks when they are not behind the enemy. Just the same as the cast ranger is going to outdo the beast ranger in most regards, and likewise, the cast force will be outdone by the newman force. Much of the difference can be made less noticeable by altering the playstyle though. A newman hunter is going to need to play differently than a beast/cast/human hunter is. While most hunters can blaze the trail into a horde of foes and start flailing wildly, a newman has to approach the same situation more cautiously, and do more manual dodging. What may be a plus of playing as these "bad" combinations, is the atypical play styles will probably be more difficult to play as, and many players would like the challange.

I personally am planning on playing a beast force, which is arguably the second WORST race you could choose, but part of why I specifically wont choose newman, is I dont want to play like a typical force. I want to play a support force that focuses on the buffing/enfeebeling magic as well as healing, then, being a beast, there is noting stoping me from changing to a saber of spear and start dealing some damage that way. Will I do as much damage as a newman dancong around causing massive explosions and generally blowing **** up? no, I'd admit most definatly not, but I prefer the former play style. Am I hurting my party? I'd recon no. I may not be doing the absolute maximum damage I could potentially do, but who cares? With 6 people in the party the difference in damage would hardly be noticeable, and if I'm paying my weight in my other force-ly duties, who are they to tell me how to play. It'd be different I'll admit if I was a beast force that deals with only handguns, but that's just a silly notion, and I hope there aren't players that go that far to break the mold.

In the end, if someone dosen't want to play with you because ofhow I/you play my class, or dosen't like my/your race/class pick, I probably not want to play with them either. I'd much rather play with people who enjoy playing the game than people that get off on thier big numbers.

I hope I never see a party of Beast/hunter, beast/hunter, cast/ranger, cast/ranger, newman/force, newman/force. Given, it would be very effective, it's also a bad mentality to carry that those are the only worthy class choices, and that's a dangerous mentality to carry. I'm not saying all cast rangers are elietests, but if they scoff at the idea of a newman or human ranger, I already dont like them much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shade- on 2006-09-30 00:48 ]</font>

EJ
Sep 30, 2006, 05:05 AM
Depends on your play style if you want to make a newman hunter then go ahead if not for the challenge and because every saying its the worst combination class and show that a newman hunter can be effective just like how a fomar in pso can also do good damage and solo ok when you know how to use that class, it just depends on your play style really.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 30, 2006, 06:29 AM
I think people who post these threads don't care much if a Newman Hunter will be like Chuck Norris or something, they just want to know if they won't suck big time or anything like that.

Zarbolord
Sep 30, 2006, 06:32 AM
I think they should just flipping try it themselves and see what it gives. Try out a character for each race as you have 4 slots, then try out all 3 jobs and then decide who does what and decide your freaking first character! I mean, does it really matter? It's not like PSO where you had to choose everything at the start and couldn't change, YOU CAN CHANGE WHENEVER YOU WANT TO WHAT YOU WANT NOW.... I feel better now...

RamenEater
Sep 30, 2006, 06:48 AM
Oh nice I didnt know you can change race =P

foamcup
Sep 30, 2006, 10:49 AM
On 2006-09-30 04:48, RamenEater wrote:
Oh nice I didnt know you can change race =P

No, only class.

RamenEater
Sep 30, 2006, 02:13 PM
I was being sarcastic Foamcup

Another one of these topics? This crap has been discussed before.

This comment has been made already.

Not another of Newman Hunter topcis! This is getting REALLY anoying...

Just because it's discussed before does'nt mean it can't be discussed again. The thread list will still take up the same amount of space on the index page. It's not a big deal.

shinobu_seta
Sep 30, 2006, 02:29 PM
It doesn't matter if it's been discussed before and there's no need to be rude to those who ask about this.

The newman-hunter is probably the biggest concern people have right now with PSU from what I can tell. Mainly because Hunewearl's were so popular.

I say play your Newman-hunter to your heart's content. So you might be doing a slight bit less damage than everyone else, who cares? Just try it, have fun, and don't let the opinions of others change your play style. I promise you'll be just fine, and even better when the expert classes are released.

Ironically this was on the back of my coffee cup this morning but I think it's relevant to this discussion:

"Some of the best inventive moments were born out of “wrong thinking.” Most people start with the right way so they all follow the same path. The wrong way will lead to mistakes from which you can learn and create new discoveries – the kind of original ideas that come to life when we dare to be different, keep an open mind and have no fear of failure."

-James Dyson
Industrial designer and inventor of the Dyson Vacuum.

Have fun! Have some Newman-hunter pride!

foamcup
Oct 3, 2006, 10:20 AM
On 2006-09-30 12:13, RamenEater wrote:
I was being sarcastic Foamcup

Ah, just making sure. Don't want people to get the wrong ideas. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That is a great quote. Dare to be different!