PDA

View Full Version : Endurance

Ether
Sep 20, 2006, 02:59 PM
Endurance is how much hp mates restore. This is why Ethans monomates restore 300 hp, and online they only restore 150. Ethan has exactly 20 END at any level, so I assume thats the magic number that mates become more effective at. If anyone online has 18+ END and can try getting the endurance boosting extra unit, it would be appreciated http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Knownoes
Sep 20, 2006, 03:03 PM
Have you tried using them in extra mode and see how much they restore? It might just be that single player was made a bit easier than online play considering you'd have up to 5 other people helping you out.

watashiwa
Sep 20, 2006, 03:05 PM
Ethan just needs to stop being super at everything he does. =/

Authenticate
Sep 20, 2006, 03:08 PM
Ethan is E+Z=Mode.

DiosGX
Sep 20, 2006, 03:11 PM
Using a Whitill Wing for END+12 (32 total)

Monomate: 598HP -> 898HP. +300
Dimate: 898HP -> 1598. +700

With or without the +12 bonus, HP restored is the same. Sorry amigo, better guess than I had though.

Ether
Sep 20, 2006, 03:17 PM
Well, if 20 is the first boost, it could be that you need 40 for another boost

DiosGX
Sep 20, 2006, 03:21 PM
I don't even know where to get +20 total, this Whitill Wing is the best I've got for END.

Addendum: END could just be old D&D styled Constitution. Status Effect Resistance. I noticed I wasn't getting set on fire while using my Whitill Wing, and also notice my RAcast has 25 base END.

Hard to prove END does that seeing is status effects are inherently random.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DiosGX on 2006-09-20 13:23 ]</font>

Rune
Sep 20, 2006, 03:31 PM
Isn't END also supposed to affect the rate of PP restoration?

DiosGX
Sep 20, 2006, 03:32 PM
Rumor, it's untrue.

There's an Extra Slot unit that gives +2PP per regeneration tick. So melee weapons regenerate 3 times as fast, ranged weapons get a small boost, force weapons get a marginal boost.

xJermariox
Sep 20, 2006, 04:29 PM
I think the higher your endurance the less chance your character will flinch and have the ability to continue a combo while being attacked by enemies. I could be wrong its just what i think.

Rune
Sep 20, 2006, 04:31 PM
I see, I see. I remember coming across a PP regeneration unit in the weapon shops in Story Mode, but It looked like it dramatically reduced one or two stats. I don't know exactly which ones as I havn't learned to read Kanji, only kana.

DiosGX
Sep 20, 2006, 05:16 PM
Those are actually different unit types. There are two units of that caliber, each halves the cost of guns or photon arts, but doubles the other. Both units also are -200ATP and -100ATA.

As a test, I used the gun halver and the photon point regen+ units together. My SMG took about 65 seconds to empty while being held down the entire time. As opposed to 25 seconds without either.

Benefits to Gun-/PP+: You're weaker, but you triple your ability to continuously throw down statuses.

Benefits to Gun+/PP-: Your arts are weaker but you have the ability to spam and use them longer. Useful for cleaning up low level/rank missions with ease, and lets you use your arts more to level up quicker.

Yes, this is off the END subject, sorry.

Rune
Sep 20, 2006, 06:14 PM
My fault for it going off subject, but good things to know.

A2K
Sep 20, 2006, 06:45 PM
END obviously affects the amount of rares that drop. Or was it your chance of a critical hit? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

All this speculation seems a bit much for the stat. You'd think by now we'd have some sort of official word (translated manual description, strategy guide, whatever) as to what the heck this "endurance" thing actually did.