PDA

View Full Version : PSU IRC has expanded

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 20, 2006, 09:06 PM
We've added 2 new channels (#psuus and #psugeneral) and a couple of new ops to help keep the peace.

For those of you who know how IRC works, point your client to irc.gamesurge.net to connect up with us.

For those of you who don't know the first thing about irc, go to http://gamesurge.net/chat/ to start the irc java client, and then at the bottom white rectangle type /part, and then (note: most traffic will actually be in #psujp until the 3rd, so for now use /join #psujp instead) /join #psugeneral to join our general channel.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-09-20 19:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-09-20 19:21 ]</font>

Tystys
Sep 20, 2006, 09:11 PM
Nice IRC, dude XD

Asim
Sep 20, 2006, 09:12 PM
It could use more mature people. :3!!

Ryogen
Sep 20, 2006, 09:17 PM
if only people were there...

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 20, 2006, 09:19 PM
We've actually got some rules going into play soon which is why that note is there in the first post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2006-09-20 19:23 ]</font>

_glowstiq_
Sep 20, 2006, 09:32 PM
Hey, I'm in there. >:| I use Gamesurge for a lot of CS stuff, so that's convient. ;3

CpwninOBrien
Sep 20, 2006, 09:34 PM
can i tell jokes???

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 20, 2006, 09:39 PM
No problems with jokes.

BlueInfinity
Sep 20, 2006, 09:39 PM
why can't I use blue font? >_<

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 20, 2006, 10:52 PM
We've had a great turn out tonight. Just a quick reminder, while I may be a staff member here at PSO World, the channels have no official affiliation with PSO World.

Ryogen
Sep 20, 2006, 10:58 PM
On 2006-09-20 20:52, Jonathan_F wrote:
We've had a great turn out tonight. Just a quick reminder, while I may be a staff member here at PSO World, the channels have no official affiliation with PSO World.

So we can do what we want in the channels eh?

DrewSeleski
Sep 20, 2006, 11:01 PM
There are rules for each channel but for the #psugeneral channel you can do ALMOST anything you want.

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 20, 2006, 11:04 PM
Almost yes, as long as you recognize common sense, like not flooding, not using colors, and anything else we ops think might cause problems.

Tycho
Sep 21, 2006, 12:24 AM
Under the reasoning you people have used to split up '#psujp' and '#psuus', I do not understand why there are not different channels for the two separate worlds.
Yes, I'm arguing to merge all channels rather than to split it up in fifty channels. Though people looking for parties might find it easier when separated, for just jokes and general game information having one channel would do just as well.

-Shimarisu-
Sep 21, 2006, 01:00 AM
Tycho, it's already so confusing my head just explodes when everyone talks at once. -_-

LoneVandal
Sep 21, 2006, 02:48 AM
Don't bother going to this IRC server, Shimarisu the psycho bitch is an op in every channel.

-Shimarisu-
Sep 21, 2006, 03:38 AM
Wow LoneVandal, funny definition of a psycho bitch you have here.

I have been op for what, a month? In this time one person managed to get themselves banned. You.

You continually used the channel to mock me despite the fact I never did anything to you, and I even told my friends to leave you alone as there was too much of a circle jerk going on that new people couldn't get into.

After you called me crazy on this board based on that circlejerk, I still tried to help you when you were new in game.

In every instance it's been my friends who have rejected you outright and I tried to be nice. I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED. Sorry, but I asked the advice of friends every time you insulted me. We were watching you, and the idea was to wait til things got more busy and more people were involved, to see if you carried on this stupid personal grudge that materialised out of... nothing? In a channel that was set up for player meetings. There are plenty of people who don't like each other in the chan, but we managed to keep it mostly drama free.

You told us the only purpose our chan served was to give you details of maint, that we were all stupid, and crazy, and homos (true but we are a lot of good friendships! And you can't be part of that now!)

You said you were never coming back, yet felt the need to check every single channel today to see if I was there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-09-21 01:44 ]</font>

LoneVandal
Sep 21, 2006, 03:48 AM
Nah, just one. If I had known you were there I wouldn't have bothered. Maintenance sucks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Gotta kill time somehow.

Also, some help, I didn't realize that was you and before I could you vanished into thin air with Joker. Not that I would have wanted help from someone who has threatened to stab themselves with a fork over getting a warning on these boards.

Really the only reason I'm replying is because there is still so much maintenance left http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

-Shimarisu-
Sep 21, 2006, 03:56 AM
You're quite low to reference a mental breakdown I had three years ago, aren't you?

Everyone knows. Nobody who matters a shit cares.

LoneVandal
Sep 21, 2006, 04:04 AM
You know, you're right. I actually do feel a little bad. At first I thought it was all an act to get attention (how you behave I mean), but maybe you really do have mental issues that don't deserve being made fun of.

Alisha
Sep 21, 2006, 04:25 AM
/me wonders what the hinamizawa reference is about.

LoneVandal
Sep 21, 2006, 04:28 AM
Shimarisu has the best sig ever, because I'm in it.