PDA

View Full Version : hacking

Animosity
Sep 21, 2006, 01:12 AM
i like all pso players was dissapointed in the hacking. i would like to know if there has been any trace of hacking on psu? i heard that there allready duping items but i think it was just speculation.

A2K
Sep 21, 2006, 01:17 AM
The first dupe exploit was patched. The more recent one, not so much, but it was just released to the public. It will likely be patched as well.

Animosity
Sep 21, 2006, 01:19 AM
so there havin patchs? o thank god

A2K
Sep 21, 2006, 02:12 AM
In all honesty, you can't expect any reasonably popular game to be 100% cheater free. There will probably be more exploits in the future, but it looks like they'll be taken care of.

Knownoes
Sep 21, 2006, 02:46 AM
Hopefully they'll keep on top of new exploits as they come out though. I just hope they don't take the approach of "If it's not happening on the JP servers then we don't care".

scott1114
Sep 21, 2006, 06:08 AM
Well broomop already got a torrent and offline fix to play psu jp on pc on his site...... he sucks

Zarbolord
Sep 21, 2006, 06:15 AM
I just hope to not meet any hackers if ever there will be some. I don't want to take a weapon that isn't legit, and I don't want problems. We should make a resistance group, hehe. a black list to all the hackers!

Invisible1122
Sep 21, 2006, 06:33 AM
As long as the hacking doesn't become as bad as on PSO. A little hacking I can stand as long as most people are legit, but when everyone has the same god-mode items the game really gets pretty dull.

kassy
Sep 21, 2006, 08:44 AM
All the cheats/hacks/offline fixes so far have come from JP people, just to let people know so they don't start thinking broomop is to blame.

It's kinda impossible to make a 100% full proof game, it's up to Sega really, on how quickly they patch things when they pop up.

Animosity
Sep 21, 2006, 08:58 AM
On 2006-09-21 06:44, kassy wrote:
All the cheats/hacks/offline fixes so far have come from JP people, just to let people know so they don't start thinking broomop is to blame.

It's kinda impossible to make a 100% full proof game, it's up to Sega really, on how quickly they patch things when they pop up.

i disagree i think broomop can take some of the blame if hes a hacker. anyone who hacks or supports hacking should go to jail(im not joking i actually think the government should get involved in hacking)
i bet if someong went to jail for a couple years for hacking a game it would send a message

Kou-Diacyper
Sep 21, 2006, 09:37 AM
Yes, a stupid one.

Hobokiller
Sep 21, 2006, 09:43 AM
On 2006-09-21 06:58, Animosity wrote:

On 2006-09-21 06:44, kassy wrote:

i disagree i think broomop can take some of the blame if hes a hacker. anyone who hacks or supports hacking should go to jail(im not joking i actually think the government should get involved in hacking)
i bet if someong went to jail for a couple years for hacking a game it would send a message

That would be pretty stupid to do :| They shouldn't go to jail if all they did was hack, it's not like they're harming anyone by doing that.

Axel3792
Sep 21, 2006, 09:45 AM
I hope that Sega doesn't allow speedhacks to run rampant like they do on WoW... the GMs on that game don't do hardly anything about them.

SuSp3cT
Sep 21, 2006, 09:46 AM
I'm thinking the 360 will probaly be one of the hardest ones to crack out of the PC and PS2. Most hackers will probaly use there PC if they want to hack PSU. Other people that play PS2 will probaly be looking for glitches such as duping, ect...Xbox 360 might stand a chance against harmful hackers. I don't think the known hackers will even be playing the 360 version of PSU. Most of them want to reunite with there other hacking friends. Anyways I've said what I needed. PeAcE...

Zeig123
Sep 21, 2006, 10:02 AM
On 2006-09-21 07:46, SuSp3cT wrote:
I'm thinking the 360 will probaly be one of the hardest ones to crack out of the PC and PS2. Most hackers will probaly use there PC if they want to hack PSU. Other people that play PS2 will probaly be looking for glitches such as duping, ect...Xbox 360 might stand a chance against harmful hackers. I don't think the known hackers will even be playing the 360 version of PSU. Most of them want to reunite with there other hacking friends. Anyways I've said what I needed. PeAcE...

Good luck cause I garantee there willo evn be hackers on the 360....and its almost impossible to know whos a hacker just by being on the forums unless someone comes up to you amd say Hi im a hacker whats your name.....but yah I doubt that there will be as amny but there will stil be some trying to exploit it....and trust me....they will...they always do...

SuSp3cT
Sep 21, 2006, 10:04 AM
I don't doubt there won't be hackers on Xbox 360 PSU. But most hackers, you know the really good ones won't be playing the 360 version. More then likely they will be playing PC or even PS2 versions.

RLoge21
Sep 21, 2006, 11:57 AM
Its going to keep happening and this problem will never go away completely. The best that can be done is just to put up with it.

Saiffy
Sep 21, 2006, 12:18 PM
rofl, broomop didn't make the offline patch, he just had the torrent link on his site.

and nobodies seeding anyways, so, good luck getting it from that.

peenk
Sep 21, 2006, 03:56 PM
>_0
after trying out JP offline I went ahead and preordered http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
feels a lot like PSO but ... much better and more fun combat now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif cant wait

Zelutos
Sep 21, 2006, 04:05 PM
God damned hackers are going to ruin the game. I think it's time for some retaliation!!! *pulls out the big guns*

kassy
Sep 21, 2006, 04:40 PM
On 2006-09-21 10:18, Saiffy wrote:
rofl, broomop didn't make the offline patch, he just had the torrent link on his site.

Exactly, everyone seems to like to use the buzz word broomop a lot when they here of PS hacking, 'cept all the cheating so far has been from JP sources.

Losodo1976
Sep 21, 2006, 05:52 PM
On 2006-09-21 04:08, scott1114 wrote:
Well broomop already got a torrent and offline fix to play psu jp on pc on his site...... he sucks

Yeah, f*ck that broomop. I hope Sega finds him and presses charges. That f*cker needs to get out more and leave our games alone.

tyler2zelda
Sep 21, 2006, 05:56 PM
On 2006-09-21 15:52, Losodo1976 wrote:

Yeah, f*ck that broomop. I hope Sega finds him and presses charges. That f*cker needs to get out more and leave our games alone.

Well said brother. People who does crap like that ruins everything for everyone. Sega loses money, we lose interest and players and we'll lose the next version of one of our favorite games.

StanleyPain
Sep 21, 2006, 05:58 PM
I'm not worried about cheater/hackers. Just don't play with them when you know someone IS one (and it's usually obvious), and don't trade/buy from them. There will be TONS of people wanting to play honestly, so the economy and all that will be fine.
I just get sick of a malicious hacking. I remember the 0 HP items in PSO, and the Simple Mail exploits people used to crash people's systems.

Nilot
Sep 21, 2006, 06:01 PM
Its pretty pathetic that some people even bother to put in so much of their time just to come up with duping methods and making their own servers, I mean, if theyre so bored that they have to start cheating, they should just stop playing the game altogether, it causes a lot of delay for sega, and more money for those patches, while they could be adding more hairstyles for my character >< damn hackers to hell

Animosity
Sep 21, 2006, 06:13 PM
i hope that in the 360 version we have access to there gamertags so if they hack we can reportem

Saiffy
Sep 21, 2006, 07:18 PM
On 2006-09-21 15:56, tyler2zelda wrote:

On 2006-09-21 15:52, Losodo1976 wrote:

Well said brother. People who does crap like that ruins everything for everyone. Sega loses money, we lose interest and players and we'll lose the next version of one of our favorite games.

Wow, way to completely ignore my post.

Well, you morons can go give broomop credit he doesn't deserve. All he's doing is PS2 AR codes anyways....

Blueblur
Sep 21, 2006, 07:19 PM
That's a good point. Microsoft overhauled the feedback system for the 360, so there be some punishment handed out if someone does cheat.

zandra117
Sep 21, 2006, 07:29 PM
On 2006-09-21 17:19, Blueblur wrote:
That's a good point. Microsoft overhauled the feedback system for the 360, so there be some punishment handed out if someone does cheat.

Divine punishment! *pulls out Heaven Punisher* "damn, it's not the right beat time, oh well." *kills self with lavis cannon*