PDA

View Full Version : is it hard to give weapons the ELEMENT/color you want?

Saner
Sep 21, 2006, 04:00 PM
well I heard shops tend to sell some weapons already with colors besides green/neutral.

but um synthesis materials seem to be semi-rare drops, especially the materials needed to determine a weapon's element/color.

Does anyone have any more details regarding the flexibility and availability of resources/options to get the elements for the weapons you wanna use?

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 21, 2006, 05:44 PM
From my offline experience, which is probably true online, they are rare drops. I'm only level 25 but I haven't found one.

DurakkenX
Sep 21, 2006, 05:47 PM
lol it's very easy to make elemental weapons... photons are not rare...most people ignore them now and other synth material is all over and if you want you can buy some from the synth shop

DiosGX
Sep 21, 2006, 06:34 PM
You can buy any photon element in the PM shop offline. I made a pair of Light Element A-rank twin sabers purchasing all my materials from the store.

Flamingo99
Sep 21, 2006, 08:19 PM
Ok this question is some what on topic. Lets say I have a B-Ranked saber with no element on it. Can I simply get a element photon that I want and synthesize it to the Saber? If I can, is there a chance that I will become "junk." Also if I have a Saber with a fire photon, and I want to change it to ice, can I just synthesize an Ice photon to it so it replaces the fire photon, or would I need to make/buy a completely new Saber?

Thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-09-21 18:20 ]</font>

darthplagis
Sep 21, 2006, 08:24 PM
you would need the board and all the ingredients to make the new wepon thru synth. the only weps that can freely change photons are bullet wepons as you have bullet (elemental) instead of PA.

Saner
Sep 21, 2006, 09:12 PM
On 2006-09-21 18:24, darthplagis wrote:
you would need the board and all the ingredients to make the new wepon thru synth. the only weps that can freely change photons are bullet wepons as you have bullet (elemental) instead of PA.

ohhhh so for blades, you have to create a new weapon to place the element you want for that type of weapon right?

DiosGX
Sep 21, 2006, 10:07 PM
Correct. Melee weapons have one attribute, and once set cannot be changed. Since pretty much every element in the game is neither good nor bad, all elemental types of photons are all four-star ranking items. So light and darkness aren't "WTF RARE", as they are only good against one another. (see: fire/ice)

Though... you'll want Light weapons for much later on.

ayrista
Sep 22, 2006, 09:02 AM
as a side note also, the photon abillties damage bonus (to its opposite, example: fire photon ability against ice type monsters) varies between 10 and 40% from what ive seen so far.

shop weaps with photon bonuses range around 20% my seraph daggers have 40% fire

Has anyone seen higher percents ?

Also, photon elements for boards range in price, the dark light are more expensive if you buy from shop.
you usually can find them tho

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ayrista on 2006-09-22 07:05 ]</font>

Lyrise
Sep 22, 2006, 09:25 AM
I have, I built a light element Deathdancer, 60% light. In any case, the buying of the photon elements only applies offline. Online, player shops tend to sell dark and light photons for dirt cheap, it's the ice and earth photons that get the biggest markups (800+ meseta).

Kaply
Sep 22, 2006, 09:35 AM
The pricing is because of the current areas out. I'd imagine the pricing will change when other areas become popular. Synthing takes a lot of planning and patience. I've been trying to make one star synths online for weapons which take 15 minutes. Armor is 30 minutes or an hour? I think 2-4 stars is in the 2 hr range. I've got one in the process, can't remember how many stars, to feed my PM but 2 hrs.... I also should note that I had an 80%+ success chance and so far I've failed 3/6 synths http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Knownoes
Sep 22, 2006, 10:05 AM
While on the subject of elements, is it possible to have dual weapons with different elements assigned? Like have one handgun set to lightning and the other to fire? Or do both weapons need to be set to the same element?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Knownoes on 2006-09-22 08:06 ]</font>

ayrista
Sep 22, 2006, 10:14 AM
duel handguns is one weapon, so only one, but you could have a single handed weapon with a different element then a gun. like a handgun with lighting and a saber with earth.
etc.

edit: lol, you got three answers at the same time

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ayrista on 2006-09-22 08:15 ]</font>

Clyde
Dual- weapons share the same element

darthplagis
knownoes you have to haveboth wepons the same element as technically the are actually one wepon just 2 handed.

so kaply when synthing online and/or offline the longer you leave the item with the PM the more reliable it is to be 100%? is that right? just all the stuff i have made (offline) is done straight away at about 92-97% for like 3-4 * items. am i just buggering up the synth process or what?

Kaply
Sep 22, 2006, 10:32 AM
Online the synth process seems to have a stable time requirement. Weapons are definitely on a different time table than armors. Armors take a lot longer than weapons. I don't think leaving it in there affects the success rate. I haven't really tested it as I'm just starting up.

darthplagis
Sep 22, 2006, 10:37 AM
cool as long as im not doing stuff wrong thats ok hehe. am i right in thinking that the item only appears in the 3 option of the synth menu when its complete?

Kaply
Sep 22, 2006, 10:44 AM
3rd option of the synth menu when complete, apparently when you take it out it gives you three more options, one of them looks like it immediately destroys the item.

Saner
Sep 22, 2006, 11:20 AM
Though Light as a concept is cool and all, visually they just look like photoshopped and plain effects. they dont look as strong and photon-like all one color.

thats the advantage of the other colors, they have white as the innermost color to make its element color look more vibrant and powerful.

but with white/light there is no lighter or darker to make it as cool as the other colors.

maybe Light should of had a more silver+white color.

you see they choose a great color for Dark because purple really stands out more than plain black.

Valkayree
Sep 22, 2006, 11:23 AM
On 2006-09-21 15:47, DurakkenX wrote:
lol it's very easy to make elemental weapons... photons are not rare...most people ignore them now and other synth material is all over and if you want you can buy some from the synth shop

They are not rare thanks to the recent duping outbreak on synth materials. I am sure of this.

Saner
Sep 22, 2006, 11:28 AM
rarity is sometimes overrated anyways what good is content you can't use because you can't ever find it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

photon/element synth materials should never be rare. except maybe Light.

Kaply
Sep 22, 2006, 12:27 PM
On 2006-09-22 09:28, Saner wrote:
rarity is sometimes overrated anyways what good is content you can't use because you can't ever find it? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

photon/element synth materials should never be rare. except maybe Light.

So by that logic there should be no rares in the game? Synthing is the new added layer to obtaining rare items. Now there's possibly the need for the rare board as well as the rare component(s) in order to obtain one rare item. Great, more time sinks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

tomkat492
Sep 22, 2006, 12:50 PM
Does anyone know when dark comes into play? Because I have seen no light enemies yet, but I only know from vids and pics. Also, can anyone post any pics of light weapons, I havent seen any yet, unless the photon fish hook is one of em http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Kaply
Sep 22, 2006, 01:14 PM
relics which is online already has light enemies, those yellowish enemies that jump around are light based. Rappies are also light based.

DurakkenX
Sep 22, 2006, 01:23 PM
valkyree... i don't use the dupes and i use photons for making up small amounts of money i need they sell for 25mst for most of them at the NPC. They come in 1*(5mst) and 3*(25mst).

Synthing is dependant on several things.
#1 Every 5 levels of your PM increases the success rate by 1% so you can raise it 10%
#2 The type of item determines it length of time it takes to synth
#3 I cannot confirm it but 3* photons increase success over 1*
#4 PM stats give a bonus to items that are in it's category. For example a saber has a higher success rate than a gun for a PM that has 100pow
#4 Elements on Hunter weapons are defined by the photon that is used, but the % is random to the best of our knowledge

also there was a synthing glitch that has been fixed... it caused synthing to be failing more than they should be.

Kaply
Sep 22, 2006, 01:40 PM
My synth failures were from yesterday....

Zarbolord
Sep 22, 2006, 01:45 PM
Ok, so I'd better make a GH-450 for all my characters, it'll be for my second character then, GH-420 is for my first. I think the best photon elements are Ice and Light since there are so many fire and Dark type enemies.