PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Teams Consistancy

Flamingo99
Sep 21, 2006, 09:49 PM
So... we all know that PSO for DC, GC, Xbox, and BB had hacking it in them. I know for a fact the DC and GC got to where it became unbearable. As for BB and Xbox, I'd imagine it was pretty crappy too.

This is kind of a pessimistic poll but,

Do you think ST will remain consistent with patches and monitoring hacking on the NA and EU servers?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-09-21 20:01 ]</font>

Alexandrious1
Sep 21, 2006, 09:51 PM
Ahh...mm...no option for "Wait and See?" I obviously cant put in what I think on this poll.

Vetto
Sep 21, 2006, 09:52 PM
Xbox had allot duping issues.. there was no such thing as a "Rare" anymore. Got the point PD couldn't even buy stuff.. it was AL rappys and CD's that had not been released.

But i think Server side saving will fix all this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vetto on 2006-09-21 19:52 ]</font>

the_importer_
Sep 21, 2006, 09:53 PM
Just so we're clear, are you reffering to supporting the JPN or the NA/EUR servers?

Flamingo99
Sep 21, 2006, 09:56 PM
On 2006-09-21 19:51, Alexandrious1 wrote:
Ahh...mm...no option for "Wait and See?" I obviously cant put in what I think on this poll.

I was thinking about putting that option in... but then pretty much everyone would put that. I wanted to aviod making a poll that was so vague. Mind you... your not going to get your hand chopped off if your guess was incorrect. I just wanted to see how many people trusted ST after the other PSO games.

PJ
Sep 21, 2006, 10:00 PM
You realise, GC was supported for well over a year? And the original DC version only was expected to last 3 months

I'd say longer than a year, pal

Flamingo99
On 2006-09-21 19:53, the_importer_ wrote:
Just so we're clear, are you reffering to supporting the JPN or the NA/EUR servers?

I edited it in

Alexandrious1
On 2006-09-21 19:56, Flamingo99 wrote:

On 2006-09-21 19:51, Alexandrious1 wrote:

I was thinking about putting that option in... but then pretty much everyone would put that. I wanted to aviod making a poll that was so vague. Mind you... your not going to get your hand chopped off if your guess was incorrect. I just wanted to see how many people trusted ST after the other PSO games.

Eh your right. Its a real tough question though, Balancing out the faults that happened pre PSOBB, and what came up due to PSOBB, and the reports and articles I read on how ST will be more serious this time around for protection...I think I can select an option now.

Natrokos
Sep 21, 2006, 10:30 PM
Hacking will probably be rarer and the hacks won't be as bad. (My opinion no proof for or against it.)

Authenticate
Sep 21, 2006, 11:05 PM
My motto is to expect the worst and hope for the best. Based on ST's past with PSO, I'm expecting poor support and long periods between updates. At the same time, I'm hoping ST sticks to their promise and is preparing to support PSU for at least 2-3 years.

Either way, I'll get my fun out of PSU and move onto something else at some point. All their level of support will determine is when.

Zeig123
Sep 21, 2006, 11:09 PM
I think sega might actually do something this time....cause otherwise they're a bunch of lieing *&^%$#@

Alisha
Sep 21, 2006, 11:18 PM
this thread is an epic failure.

btw knowlage guides skill.

Authenticate
Sep 21, 2006, 11:24 PM
On 2006-09-21 21:18, Alisha wrote:

Your spelling is an epic failure.

OH SNAP!

Zeig123
Sep 21, 2006, 11:25 PM
On 2006-09-21 21:24, Authenticate wrote:

Your spelling is an epic failure.

OH SNAP!

your mom's a failure....at least she was last night.....oooooo burn

Nilot
Sep 21, 2006, 11:29 PM

Psh, like anyones gonna care about the grammatical opinions of someone that comes from FFXI (I've been there, everyones a dick, even the manthras ><)

I just hope that there won't be another rollback, and no FSODs, no one can really stop all the duping, but I think we can expect it to last a little longer and with more positive results than the other games =)

vg_geek86
Sep 22, 2006, 06:37 AM
May be foolish, but I actually beleive Sega is gonna do alot to keep such filth out for well over a year. They sound bent on keeping a clean community in this game.
And if they dont, Ill shit on thier porch.

Knownoes
Sep 22, 2006, 07:12 AM
Well, seeing as it's an entirely new game and not basicly just a port of the original DC version I'd hope that cheating would a lote more scarce, at least for the first year or so.
Just gotta hope that ST patches new hacks as they pop up.

the_importer_
Sep 22, 2006, 07:31 AM
Who cares about cheaters in this game? I think you people are forgetting, PSU allows you to kick and ban members.

As soon as I see someone cheating, I'll just ban & kick them and that will be the end of it.

Xx3of19xX
Sep 22, 2006, 09:13 AM
You are forgetting the problems cheating brings for the in-game economy.
If duping ends up being common, you will feel the consequences even if you only go on missions with your friends.

the_importer_
Sep 22, 2006, 10:03 AM
On 2006-09-22 07:13, Xx3of19xX wrote:
You are forgetting the problems cheating brings for the in-game economy.
If duping ends up being common, you will feel the consequences even if you only go on missions with your friends.

You are forgetting that in online games, trading and selling doesn't have any set of rules. I personally prefer seeing a few people cheating than seeing everyone finding a new currency and setting outrageous prices like in PSOBB with Photon Drops.

AC9breaker
Sep 22, 2006, 10:18 AM
I don't understand what was so unbearable about PSO GC? People who had level 255 mags? People who would kill everything in one hit? If that was it, then why not just cancel and make a new game somewhere else? Seriously, as you can see by these message boards, not everyone likes to use haxs cheats etc and there are always cool people to play with.Dreamcast, I can understand as being unplayable since that was pretty much just a ,"H@X WAR OLOL".

But seriously, you guys gotta stop over exaggeratting stuff. The worst thing about Xbox was probably that you had to pay 2 fees. PSOBB is probably the best.

darthplagis
Sep 22, 2006, 10:32 AM
with server based saving i cant see much hacking going on via the console (ps2 only as 360 aint got a coder). as long as duping is kept in check all will be well (tho i could do with dupeing my kubara wood tho 3 is no good!). as for offline i dont care as it wont have any effect to online.

Tycho
Sep 22, 2006, 10:45 AM
This thread title is an oxymoron. :p

Valkayree
Sep 22, 2006, 12:02 PM
They never supported the xbox version, they just periodically released updates into the dupe pool.

Eauijhkuu
Sep 22, 2006, 11:53 PM
Hacks will undoubtedly happen. So will exploits.

I really doubt SEGA will have the capability to do much of anything to prevent them from occuring; They hardly responded to customer complaints concerning the first few PSO games.

Do they have a banning policy for violating user-agreement stuff?
And even if they did (Which they did in PSO), are they going to ban accounts when they're linging their pockest with money?

Yeah.
Doesn't seem like it.

Natrokos
Sep 23, 2006, 12:58 AM
Do you firmly believe it's going to be a lousy experience? Some (Not all, not even most) of you guys make it sound like it won't be worth playing... If you expect it to be full of exploits and hacks then why get the game in the first place? I'm optimistic enough that I won't assume the worst. If I did that I wouldn't get the game and just avoid the mess....

Eauijhkuu
Sep 23, 2006, 01:16 AM
I'm not saying it's going to be a lousy experience overall,
But to simply rule out that people don't cheat/hack/exploit online games is just naive in itself.

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimisim.
And based on SEGA's history with its customers, we're only talking factually based from past experiences.

Can SEGA really stop people from hacking? Of course not, but they can use methods to prevent the likelyhood of it occuring.

Is hacking going to ruin my fun online? I guess that all depends on how much I'm paying monthly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Natrokos
Sep 23, 2006, 01:24 AM
I'm not trying to be mean or insulting i'm seriously curious....I don't want to go through horrible cheats and exploits anymore....Some of you might be able to handle it but I don't think I could if it got too bad. Can Sega stop hacking? No, but they can get damn close, and I have to believe this will be a better experience then some games.

Eauijhkuu
Sep 23, 2006, 01:29 AM
Well.
If it's as rampant as it HAS been, It'll just give me another reason to jump back to FFXI http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Natrokos
Sep 23, 2006, 01:34 AM
I'll never go back to FFXI.....I'd rather play online reversi.....(I was county champion in 03' ....pretty pathetic eh? Won 50$ and a dinner for two at some resturaunt.) But like I said I have faith in PSU.

Sev
Sep 23, 2006, 02:10 AM
I have faith in Sonic Team as well. They're doing their jobs, and if they don't do their jobs... They'll lose out on money. They already know that, and they seem to be pretty committed to keeping the experience enjoyable. I'm just waiting for the game to release so I can get started.

Sonic Teams record with PSO was bad with DC, it got better with GC, 360, and PC, and they kept trying to resolve issues with Blue Burst... So I wouldn't say that they have a history of sitting around doing nothing. So far, it seems that they're very committed to resolving issues that come up with PSU, and I don't see why that wouldn't carry over to the NA/EU servers if that's your concern.

As far as hacking and exploits... If they happen, then they happen. You can't really say that's ST's fault because it's almost impossible to make a game devoid of those things. It's simply all in how they handle it, if they stand up to these problems then there's nothing to really worry about. Even though I planned to not worry about anything from the start.

Phaze37
Sep 23, 2006, 05:13 AM
If Sonic Team lets cheating get out of control like they did in PSO on consoles, IT'S LETTERBOMB TIME.