PDA

View Full Version : Name changing?

Ryogen
Sep 22, 2006, 10:48 AM
Are you able to change your name after you made your character?

RoninJoku
Sep 22, 2006, 10:49 AM
I'll go out on a limb here and say no. I'm fairly certain you can't

Valkayree
Sep 22, 2006, 10:51 AM
When logging in with your character, pull your ethernet cord and count exactly 8 seconds, plug it back in, and a screen pops up saying "character data not found, would you like to make a new character?" Say yes, and it will overwrite your character and you can make a new one with a new name. Just kidding, the answer is a resounding "nope".

Ryogen
Sep 22, 2006, 10:56 AM
Thanks

Xx3of19xX
Sep 22, 2006, 11:09 AM
You might be able to so so on the 360 version.
Back on PSOX you could send complaints about ppl's names to the system. Once a certain number of complaints were collected, you were prompted to change your name on next log-in. I used that to get a certain Section ID I wanted and then asked ppl to file complaints about my name. I then changed it to what I wanted it to be (the section ID would not change).
You might be able to do something like that again.

Valkayree
Sep 22, 2006, 11:19 AM
On 2006-09-22 09:09, Xx3of19xX wrote:
You might be able to so so on the 360 version.
Back on PSOX you could send complaints about ppl's names to the system. Once a certain number of complaints were collected, you were prompted to change your name on next log-in. I used that to get a certain Section ID I wanted and then asked ppl to file complaints about my name. I then changed it to what I wanted it to be (the section ID would not change).
You might be able to do something like that again.

In the original PSOX, yes that existed, but you took the long route. You would set up a name for the section ID you wanted, but here is the easy method. A glitch was present that did allow you to pull your ethernet cable for a set amount of time during log in whereby when plugging it back in you would get a message that asked you to change your name. It's up to you to determine whether or not I'm kidding this time. But seriously, I knew many people who did it without submitting name feedback.