PDA

View Full Version : Question for importers...

Maxurion
Sep 22, 2006, 02:04 PM
... Is the experience system in PSU like PSO?

As in, do you need to actually hit an enemy once to get exp from it? Or do you just get exp from being in the same party/area as your party members when they kill something?

tomkat492
Sep 22, 2006, 02:06 PM
I also have a question, I heard something about newmans starting as forces, what races start as what class?

mechatra
Sep 22, 2006, 02:11 PM
Yes you need to Tag enemies to gain exp when they die.
Also you can no longer do no damage and still gain exp. You must deal a damaging hit to tag exp.

As for Races and their starting classes.

Humans/Beasts - Hunter
Casts - Ranger
Newmans - Force

tomkat492
Sep 22, 2006, 02:27 PM
Can anyone show me any pics of light weapons please?

Maxurion
Sep 22, 2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks. Also, does the killing blow still get a small amount more exp then someone who just tagged the enemy? And, is the exp tag system the same in offline extra/online/story mode?

StanleyPain
Sep 23, 2006, 09:33 AM
I read a post around here somewhere that confirmed that, yes, the killing blow person gets 100% EXP, while anyone who hit the monster gets like 70% EXP. And it's the same in all modes, and yes you have to deal real damage, you can longer do 0 hits with a spell or something.

Maxurion
Sep 30, 2006, 11:04 PM
Alright, I'm resurrecting this thread so I can ask another question...

I've seen some movie clips of gameplay in PSU, and alot of people seem to have 3 or 4 sets of weapons to choose from. So... has the inventory space been expanded compared to PSO's "30 items only"?

Spellbinder
Sep 30, 2006, 11:25 PM
Inventory space has been expanded to 60. And I don't think clothes count, haven't bothered to check though.

GazL_Neon
Sep 30, 2006, 11:28 PM
Clothes take up inventory space offline and in Extra Mode, but I'm not sure about online. *shrugs*

Maxurion
Sep 30, 2006, 11:48 PM
Sweetness. That's all the inventory space I'll ever need if the Personal Machine things store at least 200 items like in PSO.

Spellbinder
Oct 1, 2006, 01:15 AM
Actually, storage seems to be infinite if you put it in your PM's warehouse. I've been stuffing things in there since Day 1 and it still keeps taking in more.