PDA

View Full Version : PSU Question

Zabrio
Sep 22, 2006, 03:07 PM
Is offline mode free in the windows version??? Because what i have been reading is making me think i have to pay online fee just to access my chars of line and story mode.

Saner
Sep 22, 2006, 03:13 PM
its free but since you have to be connected online to use the offline mode, it's pretty dependant on the maintenance they are doing online, cause like now they announced they are updating some online stuff and adding missions, and during the maintenance period, PC users wont even be able to play the offline mode during those maintenance hours.

so ya thats how it is.

donkeybeatz
Sep 22, 2006, 03:16 PM
You can still play story mode even if maintenance is going on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_D0NK3Y on 2006-09-22 13:17 ]</font>

A2K
Sep 22, 2006, 03:19 PM
You need Internet access to play Story and Extra Mode. Mostly for Gameguard. That is all.

zofia
Sep 22, 2006, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I thought offline was completely, 100% separate from online. Like, offline characters in story mode, I thought, were totally separate from online characters. So, why would it matter if they were doing maintenance if you were planning to play your offline characters?

Xx3of19xX
Sep 22, 2006, 03:27 PM
Story and extra mode is stored locally and does not require you to pay a fee.
However, you need to register the game and connect to the internet to play. This is a measure to prevent piracy, a bit like Half Life 2 and Steam, albeit a bit clumsier (HL2 does not require internet connection afterr registering).