PDA

View Full Version : Do you want PVP Yes or No?

tomkat492
Sep 22, 2006, 04:56 PM
Ignore the other one I screwed up.

I think itll be fun to battle with friends every once and a while, I vote 3.

Force: "Stupid hunter, I easily dodged your PA."
Hunter: "Rrrrrgh"
Ranger: *Pulls out Rifle with freeze bullets* "Gotcha both http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tomkat492 on 2006-09-22 14:59 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 22, 2006, 05:00 PM
I remember how fighting hunters worked in PSO.

I do not want a rehash of that.

CpwninOBrien
Sep 22, 2006, 05:00 PM
Force: "Stupid hunter, I dodged you PA."
Hunter: "Rrrrrgh"
Ranger: *Pulls out Rifle with freeze bullets* "Gotcha both http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif"
Cpwnin OBrien: ur rifles a watergun pwnd!!1 waht??? Cpwnins in da house

Saner
Sep 22, 2006, 05:03 PM
fights in the lobbies/cities would lag things up a notch with the 100s of people walking by.

besides it would be uncivilized to fight in normally peaceful enviornments.

I dont mind if they add this optional feature later on.

tomkat492
Sep 22, 2006, 05:03 PM
Force: "Lol"
Hunter: "Lmao"
Ranger: "Rofl"
Mataeo_Grey: "You know, you really are funny, now you die!" *Pulls out lighning dual handguns and unleashes a full clip of PP on Cpwnin OBrein*
Mataeo_Grey: "You lose http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif"

CpwninOBrien
Sep 22, 2006, 05:06 PM
i will run ppls over in my desk

Eclypse
Sep 22, 2006, 05:07 PM
Personally I could care less if they added it. There are other things I would like to see before they bring PVP into the fold.

I think it's inevitable that PVP will be on PSU, but hopefully character balance will be established by then.

tomkat492
Sep 22, 2006, 05:17 PM
Well I thought about the poll because of the fact that you can actually dodge a rangers shots or a forces techniques and if you see that hunter charging at you about to one hit you, you can back up and still shoot to slow em down

Flamingo99
Sep 22, 2006, 05:22 PM
I remembered in Diablo you would make a game, and then one level 99 douche bag would join and go "hostile" towards everyone. Or you upset one person in your "team" and they'll want to duel you. If the dueling in PSU would come to this, then I say leave it out entirely.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-09-22 15:27 ]</font>

the_importer_
Sep 22, 2006, 05:24 PM
I think there's a good reason why EPII and EPIV never got a Battle Mode.

tomkat492
Sep 22, 2006, 05:24 PM
On 2006-09-22 15:03, Saner wrote:
fights in the lobbies/cities would lag things up a notch with the 100s of people walking by.

besides it would be uncivilized to fight in normally peaceful enviornments.

I dont mind if they add this optional feature later on.

I think the duels would make for some funny videos.
Parn: You stole my look Argus!!!
Argus: Whatever, plus I still get all the ladies.
Parn: Rrrg, lets settle this.
Argus: Bring it foo!
Random group of people: Fight fight fight fight!!!

Just throwin an example out there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tomkat492 on 2006-09-22 15:26 ]</font>

RoninJoku
Sep 22, 2006, 05:26 PM
Where is the choice for old-school battlemode? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

tomkat492
Sep 22, 2006, 05:27 PM
What is this EPIV I keep hearing of?

Tetsuro
Sep 22, 2006, 05:31 PM
I think PvP would be an excellent addition to PSU. With sonic team stressing balance I'm sure they could come up with a great battle system.

RoninJoku
Sep 22, 2006, 05:38 PM
On 2006-09-22 15:27, tomkat492 wrote:
What is this EPIV I keep hearing of?

That would be Blue Burst my good friend!

tomkat492
Sep 22, 2006, 05:42 PM
Oh ok, thanks, but isnt BB the exact same as PSO EP1&2 on xbox? In which Ep 1 and 2 had battle mode...

Authenticate
Sep 22, 2006, 05:48 PM
If they do add PvP, it should be completely optional. There is no reason not to have PvP but it shouldn't be forced on anyone.

And for everyone that is whining about "little kids challenging people to duels non-stop", they added a block list for a reason. Use it.

tomkat492
Sep 22, 2006, 05:50 PM
Wow, the first 100% sensible reply(imo). I fully agree with you.

Haruka-sama
Sep 22, 2006, 05:51 PM
On 2006-09-22 15:26, RoninJoku wrote:
Where is the choice for old-school battlemode? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

No kidding! I'd choose that one, but it's not on the list =(

tomkat492
Sep 22, 2006, 05:55 PM
Comepletly forgot about that, sorry guys.

Niki
Sep 22, 2006, 06:02 PM
Colliseo!

tomkat492
Sep 22, 2006, 06:26 PM
?

DizzyDi
Sep 22, 2006, 06:29 PM
I'd love to have PvP if you could create PvP parties and instead of a mission they'd send you to an arena or something. There you could set up certain rules like NO STATUS EFFECTS, or something like that. And even then the rules for certain things would have to be different. The SE level for bullets and stuff would have to be lowered, and other such tweaks to balance it out.

sigseven
Sep 22, 2006, 06:31 PM
PVP keep moving

This is a PVE neighborhood

Chaobo99
Sep 22, 2006, 07:12 PM
i like the option available..

Alexandrious1
Sep 22, 2006, 07:19 PM
Nope, dun want any of it. It causes too many community breaking problems ive seen more then enough of in the past.

tomkat492
Sep 22, 2006, 09:25 PM
Mmmmmhmmm.....

Ibuka
Sep 22, 2006, 10:08 PM
I would like it if ST would add a pvp in the game. and have level set rules like PSO like rule 6, everyone is on lv20 at start etc with other rules.

But i kinda don't see a point in asking people if they want a pvp or not, for give me.
If you wanna play it when ST do adds it then play it.
If you don't wanna play it if ST adds then don't. simple as that.

Plus theres too many of these topic i think honestly. It's either... "Yeah I want a battle mode so i can take my character against other players!" Or "I don't want a ba because it won't be blanced or people that are a higher level will join and pwn the low levels and think there god of battle mode.. or clans rivaling and breaking up or what ever

Ryogen
Sep 22, 2006, 10:13 PM
PvP and Duels would be execelent to add to PSU and I bet Sega will be adding that real real soon.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 22, 2006, 10:42 PM
Too complicated. Too many balance issues.

"they can add it and make it balanced then it would be good" People with this mentality need to realize that shit like this is very easy to SAY. Implimenting is a whole different story.

Vetto
Sep 22, 2006, 10:44 PM
Only Reason I liked PVP Was to put little mouthy brats in there palace http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif beside that I'm good.

Eauijhkuu
Sep 22, 2006, 11:38 PM
If there was a balanced PVP other than the silly battle mode on Episodes I and II, then perhaps it'd be interesting.

Team VS Team PVP would be pretty cool too.

WiLDFiRe
Sep 22, 2006, 11:44 PM
If the PvP battle system is anything like PSO's no thanks.

Unless they make it a PSO EpIII card type game, than yes please.

Miyoko
Sep 23, 2006, 12:41 AM
I don't want them doing any PVP, 'cause it means they'll likely horribly butcher my PVE in the act of "balance".

Natrokos
Sep 23, 2006, 12:47 AM
^ Good point that I never thought of for some reason.

I don't really care either way...I kinda want to duel my neighbour who has the same setup as me but I don't want to deal with random strangers begging me to duel just so they can feel superior when they kick the crap outta me.

Eauijhkuu
Sep 23, 2006, 12:56 AM
Card battles just seem so lamely random.

Go play solitare instead!

Eauijhkuu
Sep 23, 2006, 12:56 AM
Card battles just seem so lamely random.

Go play solitare instead!

Garroway
Sep 23, 2006, 12:58 AM
I like PvP and I think there are several ways that it could be done correctly. I do agree with the consensus that says that often developers screw up the rest of the game trying to balance character classes for PvP. I would rather have a working game with no PvP that a broken game with working PvP. However if I can get it done well then I always advocate PvP.

Natrokos
Sep 23, 2006, 01:01 AM
I agree with you Garroway. A working rpg focussed around PvE is essential, but a working PvP that doesn't interfere with the developers class balancing would be cool.

Alisha
Sep 23, 2006, 01:08 AM
On 2006-09-22 22:58, Garroway wrote:
I do agree with the consensus that says that often developers screw up the rest of the game trying to balance character classes for PvP. I would rather have a working game with no PvP that a broken game with working PvP. However if I can get it done well then I always advocate PvP.

thats kinda moot. i know in ffxi when they make balance changes for the sake of pvp they make it only effect pvp and not the main game. given its instanced nature i see no reason PSU couldnt do the same thing.

Natrokos
Sep 23, 2006, 01:13 AM
^ That is true but not all games are so courteous....It really depends on how much focus is on pvp.

Vetto
Sep 23, 2006, 01:16 AM
Ya know.. it would be interesting to see the Card battle from episode 3 to come back as a nice little minigame in psu >> thou i doubt that the PVP system your hoping for >>'

Eauijhkuu
Sep 23, 2006, 01:19 AM
Minigame cards = Ok.
But please don't make another story out of it ;;

Alisha
Sep 23, 2006, 01:23 AM
ep3 was awesome. if you didnt like it your not cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Vetto
Sep 23, 2006, 01:24 AM
Oh I fully Agree that should of never been a "Story". But Gotta admit after killing allot monster to lean back and fight friends with card you collected would be fun.

oh man.. i just Realized .. Just think how funny card battle be with the Dramatic face Gesture you can do.

-2 freinds playing-
Player 1: I summon Hucast in Attack mode!
Player 1: But that not All! I equip him with Dragon Slayer!
player 1: -Dramatic face sense with lines in the back ground" GO AND ATTACK!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vetto on 2006-09-22 23:29 ]</font>

Nekomimi
Sep 23, 2006, 01:34 AM
Where's the 'No, PVP is for insecure children' option?

theShoal
Sep 23, 2006, 01:35 AM
A part of me died when I played EpIII. It died. Anyway, I only believe that PvP should be there if it would not interfere with the balance of the PvE. But why am posting in this? This topic has been made at least 50 times.

Natrokos
Sep 23, 2006, 01:37 AM
PvP isn't always for 'insecure children' I like to duel friends out of fun just to see how the other fights...I don't want full-blown areas dedicated to disembowling one another but to be able to duel a friend for fun would be kinda cool.

This topic has been made 50 times yes but apparently people haven't resolved their disagreements so let the comments fly.

Vetto
Sep 23, 2006, 01:38 AM
But but... i like disembowling T.T.

Natrokos
Sep 23, 2006, 01:40 AM
Then disembowl a monster. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Vetto
Sep 23, 2006, 01:41 AM
Yay As a Natural Beast hunter and one with nature... i shall hang a rappy head on my wall..

On 2006-09-22 23:41, Nekomimi wrote:
'Dueling a friend' is the same as saying 'proving who is better' which is the same as saying 'I'm insecure'.

My 2 cents.. Trolling on a Forum.. say you must insult other to feel bigger about yourself and those YOUR insecure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vetto on 2006-09-22 23:43 ]</font>

Nekomimi
Sep 23, 2006, 01:41 AM
'Dueling a friend' is the same as saying 'proving who is better' which is the same as saying 'I'm insecure'.

Nekomimi
Sep 23, 2006, 01:47 AM
On 2006-09-22 23:41, Vetto wrote:
Yay As a Natural Beast hunter and one with nature... i shall hang a rappy head on my wall..

My 2 cents.. Trolling on a Forum.. say you must insult other to feel bigger about yourself and those YOUR insecure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vetto on 2006-09-22 23:43 ]</font>

My 2 yen is that English obviously isn't your first language, and that's why you can't tell the difference between trolling and opinion. As in, it's my OPINION that any type of contest that's held purely to see who is better at something inconsequential is a type of insecurity.

Vetto
Sep 23, 2006, 01:50 AM
and in my opinion people who feel the need to call people "insecure" all the time case they might enjoy something you happen not to enjoy.. is being a troll http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

Nekomimi
Sep 23, 2006, 01:52 AM
I think I challenged your security by saying PvP is for insecure people, and now you're trying to restore your opinion of yourself by challenging my opinion.

Natrokos
Sep 23, 2006, 01:53 AM

If it was a competition i'd agree. But if it's just for fun then how's it hurt anyone? Aslong as two reasonable people who aren't obsessed with winning can mess around I don't see the problem.... That's a big generalization you are making. You can say the same about sports, governments, bands, games, families and basically every aspect of life. I don't want to 'prove who's better' I just want to play a game and in this case the opponent is a human being instead of a computer....

By the way it is my OPINION that you can play PvP 'just for fun' I am not challenging you....(Because you clearly feel threatened by any disagreement whatsoever.) I just feel there are at least two sides to an argument. If you don't like pvp I respect that. But if you are calling me insecure then you are impeding on my right to form my own opinions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Natrokos on 2006-09-22 23:57 ]</font>

Vetto
Sep 23, 2006, 01:55 AM
And I think me giving my opinion over your opinion over pvp and insecurity made you feel insecure and thus in turn are trying to cover it up by acting secure.

Yes i can do word games to. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Now then my dinner is done if you pardon me little troll i must fest http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vetto on 2006-09-22 23:56 ]</font>

SandstormX
If they do add PvP it would be neat if they have an arena, and people can watch the battles from the TV in "My room" They can have like tournaments and stuff.

Nekomimi
You certainly can say the same thing about life. Motivation to be better than those around you is what gets people to improve themselves.

I just happen to think that it's quite a stupid thing to include in a game that's predominantly about teamwork.

Natrokos
Sep 23, 2006, 02:01 AM
Nekomimi you obviously feel really strongly about this and I am not trying to insult you...I just don't see things in such a purist form. Your view is coop/counterop I just see it as game/game. Whether it's monsters or people I am playing for fun.

I agree that this is definately a team based game and I don't want a central pvp theme I just want the option to duel my friend and maybe be like "Dude, that sword is WAY better then the other one you kicked my ass with." It's just a little extra I like to explore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Natrokos on 2006-09-23 00:05 ]</font>

Alisha
Sep 23, 2006, 02:02 AM

not really some people just love the thrill of competition. what was insecure is people that comp stomped on ep3.

WiLDFiRe
Sep 23, 2006, 02:04 AM
On 2006-09-22 23:23, Alisha wrote:
ep3 was awesome. if you didnt like it your not cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

QFT

Authenticate
Sep 23, 2006, 02:08 AM
On 2006-09-22 23:23, Alisha wrote:
ep3 was dumb. if you didnt like it your cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fixt

Losodo1976
Sep 23, 2006, 02:08 AM
Hmm, I don't think PvP worked very well in PSO, so I'm guessing it wouldn't be much better in PSU.

Natrokos
Sep 23, 2006, 02:09 AM
If PvP becomes an incessant need to feel superior and belittle other then i'm against it. Reasonable people can play a game and handle losing. I hate poor losers. I hate poor losers with a superiority complex even more.

Zael
Sep 23, 2006, 02:32 AM
Better off with it then without it I say.

tomkat492
Sep 23, 2006, 02:49 PM
I agree.

Cross
Sep 23, 2006, 03:15 PM
PvP designed intelligently in a game that is designed to have PvP is the most technical, most complex, most skill-based, and most fun thing that you can possibly add to a game.

That said, PSU is not a game like that. It's designed exceptionally well for PvE, but the engine would make for absolutely shitty PvP. It's almost completely devoid of counters - the bread and butter of PvP games that aren't completely twitch - and it's not fast or mobile enough to be a pure twitch game.

That said, PSO Episode III was the best version of PSO by a mile. PSO Episodes I, II, and IV are now entirely obsolete since PSU (or even, to a lesser extent, the Monster Hunter series) does everything that those games did but better. Episode III is still a unique title with unique gameplay.
If it wasn't saddled to the suck-ass online capability of the GameCube and didn't have a monthly fee, I'd still probably play it from time to time. If Sega brought a stripped-down version of it to XBLA, I'd pick that up in a heartbeat.

vg_geek86
Sep 23, 2006, 03:30 PM
I enjoyed having battles with freinds for fun. I normally got my ass packaged and handed to me, but fun non the less. As long as they add it in without drastic affects on the PvE, Im all for it.

tomkat492
Sep 23, 2006, 08:49 PM
True, plus I think itll probably be good to get 6 ppl in a pvp specific arena, and make it where you can chose what lvl everyone is and stuff that way, if you dont want anyone super high to come in and maul you, and you have a low lvl friend, all of you can compete evenly

Kurushii
Sep 23, 2006, 09:58 PM
I say leave it out. It will be too one sided with forces being unbeatable. And don't think the ooo forces have low defense...bs wait till people walk around with the level 21+ versions of the melee and range blocking techs.

tomkat492
Sep 23, 2006, 10:02 PM
well, the fact that techs dont lock on anymore, and it might be an option to limit everyone to lvl 20 or something, you just have to dip and dodge like a mofo

Kurushii
Sep 23, 2006, 10:23 PM
who gives a f*ck if the techs don't lock on. Just means you have to have more skill on playing. Wow...no lock on /cry. Please I rather throw out a gi,damu, or nosu tech and clear a room without even having to worry were someone is dodging at.

tomkat492
Sep 23, 2006, 10:46 PM
....ok jackass i was saying that to prove that forces are overpowered, besides I could just dip fire a couple shots while they are casting again, repeat, oh and dont have teams, then my hunter teammate will come up and crack the force in the back of the head

watashiwa
Sep 23, 2006, 10:55 PM
Even if they quickly added a battle mode like PSO into this game, it wouldn't be as broken as PSO's due to no lock on for techs and bullets. You could actually dodge things..

However, lag would still be an issue, but I think that... if they added 3 on 3 team battles or even 6 player "all for one" battles spanned on maps with a few rooms, it'd still be a lot of fun if you didn't take it seriously...

The sheer insanity of the matches would have me coming back to it for kicks.

Kurushii
Sep 23, 2006, 11:04 PM
from behind? sorry I don't go that way. gizonde or nosuzonde would ruin any plans of back attacks on a force user.

watashiwa
Sep 23, 2006, 11:07 PM
Oh yeah, and as I was saying to Cross and Parn, even if it's not just straight up fighting.. PVP with a goal would be nice too. Kind of like PSO's battle mode with meseta gathering, race to finishes, or maybe target elimination..

Objectives you need to complete on a team but with the ability to prevent the other team from completing it by being able to attack them... that would also be neat.

They could come up with some awesome stuff with PSU's engine, no doubt.

Kurushii
Sep 23, 2006, 11:11 PM
that idea sounds really good wata.

Scirrocco
Sep 23, 2006, 11:27 PM
I don't think this game is balanced enough for pvp, and the combats to symplistic anyway. Maybe a group, objective based pvp might work, like capture the flag, but i just dont think 1on1 or 2on2 would work.

tomkat492
Sep 23, 2006, 11:45 PM
Well, i dunno....i kinda agree with Wata more, btw....Scirrocco, ive seen that word/name before, is it from Naruto?

AnamanaAU
Sep 23, 2006, 11:48 PM
I'd love to see a battle type mode, but I'd also rather see an Arena type location somewhere on one of the planets where players could challenge each other and possibly place meseta and items as a wager or bet.

Dai-Kitana
Sep 24, 2006, 12:00 AM
As long as there's a blocker for duel spamming, all fine and good. I don't know if the balance is on par for single instance dueling atm, but group maybe. I'm not keen on duels due to all the "OMGZ (insert class here) is too powerful!" "Nerf!" posting I'm sure would pop up also.

The-King
Sep 24, 2006, 12:27 AM
What, may I ask, Is PvP?

RoninJoku
Sep 24, 2006, 12:29 AM
On 2006-09-23 22:27, The-King wrote:
What, may I ask, Is PvP?

Player versus player

AnamanaAU
Sep 24, 2006, 12:32 AM
Just as long as there's no PKing or the ability to define a PvP/PvE game (If PvP is allowed within games), I'm fine.

tomkat492
Sep 24, 2006, 12:32 AM
instead of you and your friends fighting npcs, you fight each other

tomkat492
Sep 24, 2006, 12:35 AM
yeah, thats not what i want, i dont wanna be randomly killed like what can happen to you in Face of Mankind, if any of you ever played that game

AnamanaAU
Sep 24, 2006, 01:57 AM
It was much worse on Ultima Online.

tomkat492
Sep 24, 2006, 02:12 AM
I wouldnt know, that was before I got into rpgs.

krika
Sep 24, 2006, 05:40 AM
Sure, the pvp was really bad on the earlier versions but, i dont see why they took it off instead of improve it? Some of us really love pvp and im sure they can make it really good if they just put some time on it.

AnamanaAU
Sep 24, 2006, 05:44 AM
On 2006-09-24 00:12, tomkat492 wrote:
I wouldnt know, that was before I got into rpgs.

On UO People could pretty much take everything on your corpse unless it was blessed. In early versions they could even loot your house.

Nekomimi
Sep 24, 2006, 07:13 AM
PvP is fail. In RPG type games, all it leads to is childish people min/maxing their characters so they can claim to be the best at killing other kids. There's no place for PvP in this type of game.

Note, please, that I'm NOT against PvP games when actual skill has something to do with the outcome instead of a few points you may or may not actually have in some stat. Battlefield 2, Unreal Tournament, Starcraft....these are games where PvP has an actual point.

Alisha
Sep 24, 2006, 07:20 AM
min/maxing is gonna happen even without PVP because *gasp* some people take games seriously.

OgSoulja
Oct 4, 2006, 05:17 AM
BUMP GO PVP!!!!!!

Saphion
Oct 4, 2006, 06:20 AM
Hmmm, from what I've seen in the offline mode it might be better. Mainly because they seem to have gotten rid of that inexplicable 'invincibility' characters have after being hit, which was really rubbish.

Keep the same system as PSO I say, but with more of an emphasis on teamplay. (i.e 3 vs. 3)

bleyzwun
Oct 14, 2006, 06:41 AM
they definitely need to add pvp to this game. but not just duels that would be corny as hell. no dropping items cuz that just sucks lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bleyzwun on 2006-10-14 04:42 ]</font>

UltraDeeDer
Oct 14, 2006, 06:48 AM
In some other unknown mmorpg (d.o) you had to reach a certain level to duel. That stopped n00bs from always getting killed by people vastly superior.

Scallop
Oct 14, 2006, 07:05 AM
If they do add it in the future they need to balance it. I hated dying to megid all the time in pso =/.

Kayai
Oct 14, 2006, 09:52 AM
Well, it depends really, if Sonic Team does it the right way, and makes it balanced and a good way to go about fighting someone...then yeah id say go for it...but on the other hand they can do many things that would screw up PVP....(ballista anyone? XP)

Fleece
Oct 14, 2006, 10:06 AM
On 2006-09-22 23:55, Nekomimi wrote:
You certainly can say the same thing about life. Motivation to be better than those around you is what gets people to improve themselves.

I just happen to think that it's quite a stupid thing to include in a game that's predominantly about teamwork.

What if it was team PVP? I.E. team of 6 against another team of 6. Thatd make for good PVP. One on One PVP has a tendency to suck and FFA just turns into a rape fest against one guy. So id be up for it if you could team it. Or have PVE but on the same level as another team. Most monster kills wins. With that system you could also incorporate a betting structure, say at the start of the match one team puts up a rare item or more and the other team puts up a rare item of the same level, winners take both.

krika
Oct 14, 2006, 10:15 AM
What shall i do when i got the max lvl and all that stuff. Make another char to put 1000+h too?
Nah, i wanna fight vs others.

Candor
Oct 14, 2006, 10:17 AM
No way, PvP destroys games, just look at WoW. I'm switching to PSU to get away from that crap.

If they added PvP then we'd have whiners complaing about balance and how they always lose to (insert class here), and then it would start affectig PvE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Candor on 2006-10-14 08:25 ]</font>

mogshaz
Oct 14, 2006, 10:17 AM
On 2006-10-14 08:15, krika wrote:
What shall i do when i got the max lvl and all that stuff. Make another char to put 1000+h too?
Nah, i wanna fight vs others.

yeah, thats a good point. not to mention fighting people is rugged and manly. PVP all the way.

Mitz
Oct 14, 2006, 10:19 AM
Yeah I'd like it. The more options we can get the better.

natewifi
Oct 14, 2006, 11:05 AM
it was fun to battle in ultimate and no rule with ur friends because in ultimate every hit count online, and it didnt do that one hit invincible for a small time bull s*** like the Super Mario game, so i think ther shuld be a PvP online as long as if u hit ur "opponent" and kept swinging/shooting/casting it would still hit. Have u ever played Power Stone 2?

Ecstasy
Oct 14, 2006, 11:13 AM
I would love for them to bring pvp into the game. But do it in a arena So you don't have to deal with with constant duel challenges. Also have some zones with open pvp, But only implement that way so people who don't like pvp/duels don't ever have to experience it if they dont want to

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ecstasy on 2006-10-14 09:16 ]</font>

Earthsunderer
Oct 14, 2006, 11:26 AM
Zones with open PvP? Not going to happen, seeing as this is an instanced game...

Abeatron
Oct 14, 2006, 12:02 PM
I think that some kind of PvP zones would be a nice breeze http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif It's always fun to show of who has the greatest ballz, unfortunatley I'm always the short-balled http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kismet
Oct 14, 2006, 12:08 PM
I think PvP would be cool. =(

Not everywhere or anything, just in certain places or on certain servers.

tyler2zelda
Oct 14, 2006, 12:23 PM
PvP arenas would be nice...

Phaze37
Oct 14, 2006, 02:41 PM
I think it would be a good idea to do PvP the same way they did it in PSO. In other words, add PvP, but don't make it the focus of the game. I don't want Sonic Team to mess around with the balance trying to make the classes balanced for PvP rather than PvE. I also don't want them to remove certain weapons and items just because they'd be unbalanced for PvP. I'd want Sonic Team to keep PvE as the main focus of the game. I dislike PvP and I won't play it, but if they added PvP to the game without it affecting PvE, it would make no difference to me, but I'm sure the PvPer's out there would be happy.

However, the world has more than enough competive online games, but nowhere near enough cooperative online games like PSO and PSU. If you really like playing competitively against people there are plenty of games to do this in, we really don't need it in PSU.

Hrithmus
Oct 14, 2006, 02:46 PM
PvP, Yes Please

Candor
Oct 14, 2006, 02:47 PM
On 2006-10-14 12:41, Phaze37 wrote:
I think it would be a good idea to do PvP the same way they did it in PSO. In other words, add PvP, but don't make it the focus of the game. I don't want Sonic Team to mess around with the balance trying to make the classes balanced for PvP rather than PvE. I also don't want them to remove certain weapons and items just because they'd be unbalanced for PvP. I'd want Sonic Team to keep PvE as the main focus of the game. I dislike PvP and I won't play it, but if they added PvP to the game without it affecting PvE, it would make no difference to me, but I'm sure the PvPer's out there would be happy.

However, the world has more than enough competive online games, but nowhere near enough cooperative online games like PSO and PSU. If you really like playing competitively against people there are plenty of games to do this in, we really don't need it in PSU.

I could live with that, as long as it doesn't affect me, let there be PvP; however it will probably never work out that well

Raba
Oct 14, 2006, 02:48 PM
Add it to an arena area or something like that and I don't mind, just keep it out of the main game.

Trinitystar
Oct 14, 2006, 02:52 PM
I was not a fan of PVP until WoW came out with there PVP zone games and I tryed it and had alot of fun not only going after ppl but having them run after me sometimes I would fall out it was so funny. As long as it's just for fun and tou don't lose anything like exp or items Im all for it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jozon
Oct 14, 2006, 02:56 PM
They should make pvp turn-based and play out like the older games, lol

Kayai
Oct 14, 2006, 03:15 PM
On 2006-10-14 12:56, Jozon wrote:
They should make pvp turn-based and play out like the older games, lol

That would be the greatest thing ever!!

Openget
Oct 14, 2006, 03:18 PM
As long as it doesnt affect PvE

Mag_Launcher
Oct 14, 2006, 03:33 PM
"LOL CO-OP IS FOR FAGGOTS, I JUST WANNA PWN SOME N00BS CUZ THATS HOW I ROLL."

... Is something I guarantee at least one person supporting PVP is thinking. If so, GTFO my co-op oriented game, and go back to the mindless hellhole from whence you came, kthx.

Genobee
Oct 14, 2006, 08:10 PM
Personaly I think PVP is boring unless it's done right. If PVP is done like it was done in PSO then I will probly never do it, same with WoWs pvp it was sooo stupid. Personaly I like Ragnarok's PVP it was alot of fun.

Bleemo
Oct 14, 2006, 08:24 PM
There is always room for friendly competition in an online RPG. ST was correct in adding a PvP system in PSO, and they would be correct in adding a PvP system to PSU. It would be nice to have other activities aside from just doing missions, synthing, and raising your PM.

Because CO-OP is for LOSERS. I don't feel comfortable when I can't PWN NOOBS in a video game.

Weak
Oct 14, 2006, 08:25 PM
PvP only brings competition and frustration.

The battle mode in PSO was tolerable, though. It still was pretty stupid.

Phantasy Star benefits far more from co-op than it would from PvP, if you ask me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Weak on 2006-10-14 18:26 ]</font>

Arcanum
Oct 14, 2006, 08:30 PM
depends if the jobs are very well balanced...

Candor
Oct 14, 2006, 08:36 PM
There's a difference between "Friendly competition" and on-line PvP. I'm a fan of playing games with/against my friends, but it's when you try to bring this aspect online, that's when it all falls apart. then you run into the "LOL NOOBZ I PWNZED U" (sorry for the caps). Not saying that good on-line PvP is impossible, only when it's forced into a PvE game

hans4
Oct 14, 2006, 09:16 PM
?????????

Rizen
Oct 14, 2006, 09:17 PM
NO! FOR FFS YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO SCROLL DOWN TO SEE A TOPIC LIKE THIS ALREADY!
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119652&forum=20&123

Banert
Oct 14, 2006, 09:17 PM
Nope.

hans4
Oct 14, 2006, 09:18 PM
they could always add it.....?

EC_Subbie
Oct 14, 2006, 09:27 PM
I say NO! I don't think pvp would work well with this game if it was 1vs1. I loved it in FFXI, but that was because it was more like a team-based sport, with much teamwork and goal scoring. If they could pull off a team based pvp, with goals other than just killing the other team..then it could work.

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 14, 2006, 11:49 PM
Id like pvp but only if they balance it, like keeping out abilities that 1 shot

Genobee
Oct 15, 2006, 11:24 AM
Personaly I realy hate, world PVP like in Lineage and WoW there was no reason for it, it just made shit harder to do cause some asshole camper felt like not leting you lvl for 4 hours.

g00dman12
Oct 15, 2006, 12:18 PM
I would really like it if they had PvP. Do you guys think they might add it?

Musashy
Oct 15, 2006, 01:32 PM
Yes but they should add a blocking system and no healing items alowed would make it perfect. Battles are fun when you are bored with leveling. Also 1v1 or 2v2 should be the max you can have. Everybody for themselves ruins it. Also Force one hitter quitters should be taken out along with cheap lightening from another room tricks. The pso version would have been alot better if they fixed the glitches and didnt make forces almost impossible to beat if they knew what they were doing

Zarbolord
Oct 15, 2006, 01:34 PM
I don't care, actually it's a waste of time, ok battling someone might be fun, but it's all on equipment and stuff, there's nothing tactical in this game to make it strategic for PvP, so I'd basically say no, but I wouldn't mind if others played in PvP, I just wouldn't care!

Temari
Oct 18, 2006, 07:10 PM
I hope the new "expansion" that's coming out later will have battle mode.

Hmm... kind of reminds me when PSO v1 came out with v2. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I'm one the few last Miranda 7 battlers that play. So hopefully it comes out in the game sooner or later. :l

Rizen
Oct 18, 2006, 07:12 PM
There was an official blog posted by Lovejuice that hinted that there might be some sort of PvP in the future.

SpishackCola
Oct 18, 2006, 07:15 PM
What we need is some PVP lobby soccer but PSUized...yea I used it.

Temari
Oct 18, 2006, 07:15 PM
Oh good. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry... I know some people on PSO didn't like us battlers because they said "we're all the same". I'm like "what? uh... you're confusing me with someone else. I'm so not like them." because battle mode can bring out the worst in people.

Fleece
Oct 18, 2006, 07:21 PM
soccer lobby ruled....

Temari
Oct 18, 2006, 07:22 PM
LOL Lobby Soccer. Hahaha!! That's something if you're REALLY bored of leveling or just plain bored. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rizen
Oct 18, 2006, 07:24 PM
Hehe, Lobby soccer brings back memories....
Anyway, anyone interested in the topic here it is: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=121810&forum=20

VanHalen
Oct 18, 2006, 08:00 PM
in a lobby it would be fun it would be like a drunken bar fight lol but i want 6 on 6 PvP battles

lol i can see it now knock someone off the 3F to the 2nd and go down a elevator to beat them down lol. but it would have to be on a seperate universe like a universe 3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2006-10-18 18:04 ]</font>

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 18, 2006, 08:10 PM
having a battle mode doesnt hurt

Velsynic
Oct 18, 2006, 09:02 PM
I'd enjoy some player versus player arena matches or something. Not widescale ,but accepting duels or entering possible tournaments of a sort...would be quite interesting. I'm sure something could be reached on understandable reasons.

Garroway
Oct 18, 2006, 09:09 PM
I've always been an advocate of PvP. I prefer straight open PvP, but I feel that would be a mistake to try implementing here. The best solution for me becomes designated PvP areas from the mission counter and a duel function for your room. Brawling in the actual lobby areas seems to be out of character for the game so it really doesn't make sense to have the duels happening there.

Sevenfold
Oct 18, 2006, 09:11 PM
I would l ike PVP as long as it was controlled.

FenixStryk
Oct 18, 2006, 09:11 PM
PVP is always nice, and it was added to PSO. I wonder why they took it out again.

Merumeru
Oct 18, 2006, 09:12 PM
XD ugh PVP ruins games for me, and i always feel bad for killing people, AND i get pissed when people kill me

VanHalen
Oct 18, 2006, 09:43 PM
not drunk PvP in clubs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sable_Edge
Oct 18, 2006, 10:01 PM
PvP would be alright. But that usually kills PvE play because some...is always trying to prove their sword is bigger.

fcukReality
Oct 18, 2006, 10:05 PM
i can be a PvP manic... i love it ... but it doesnt keep me from having a good time PvE'n with the friends....

FenixStryk
Oct 18, 2006, 10:08 PM
On 2006-09-22 23:38, Vetto wrote:But but... i like disembowling T.T.LOL, this isn't Destroy all Humans!/DEAD RISING. But, I ahve to agree, Disembowelment of any sort is great to do. I personally wouldn't mind PVP as long as they don't go out of control, balancing this and that because the Fortefighters have the biggest mouths (I know for a fact they'll be the first to call "NERF FORCES!").

I liked PVP because it was interesting to do with your buds, but I don't want it to be the focus of the game.
_____ _ _

EDIT: Just thought of a good way to balance it. Besides starting everyone at level 1 and raising peoples' levels when they die (as it was in the old PSO), you can add a handicap where you can give each (expert) class a level Handicap. So, let's say Hunters really suck in PVP, you can give all Hunters a +3 level boost over Rangers/Forces from the very start.

Now who needs the balancing?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-10-18 20:16 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Oct 18, 2006, 10:11 PM
Oops, hit quote instead of edit. ^-^;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FenixStryk on 2006-10-18 20:16 ]</font>

Temari
Oct 18, 2006, 10:14 PM
Well, some people abused battle mode back in GC PSO days with 180% weapons. It took the fun out... but that's only in rules such as rule 1 and 5 because those rules is where you can take your current items to the game. The other rules were just awesome. It requires alot of skills to play, which made it more fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif!!

Overall, it's how you play the game, not what class you are. ^_^;

FenixStryk
Oct 18, 2006, 10:18 PM
On 2006-10-18 20:14, Temari wrote:
Well, some people abused battle mode back in GC PSO days with 180% weapons. It took the fun out... but that's only in rules such as rule 1 and 5 because those rules is where you can take your current items to the game. The other rules were just awesome. It requires alot of skills to play, which made it more fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif!!

Overall, it's how you play the game, not what class you are. ^_^;Yeah, I liked the PSO modes where you had generic weapons. Based it more on skill than equipment you had due to time playing the game.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 18, 2006, 10:20 PM
Yes on PVP. Have it on PVP-only areas like duels.

Enemy Hazards: Del Sabers, Chaosbringers, Indy Belras
Area Hazards: Sliding floor panels revealing acidic or electrical floors.
Trap Hazards: Paralysis, Freeze, Mini Turret
Losers Victory: Upon death you raise and are leveled up a few levels. Maybe you can win this time? lol

cobfab
Oct 19, 2006, 06:13 AM
PvP is a must have for this game.

Raiyez
Oct 19, 2006, 06:27 AM
I'd love to see PvP in this game... even though I suck at it because I'm easily intimidated. (;__)

Zabot
Oct 19, 2006, 07:40 AM
I want it to be that you can change a setting on the game to like "fighting allowed" or something, and they can also have duel arenas. BUT you couldnt fight in the first block area, and you couldnt log out or leave the game unless you were out of the game, so if you were being attacked then you couldnt just run away, you would have to get to a crystal thing, and then get out. also, if you die you lose an unequiped item in your inentory.

krika
Oct 19, 2006, 07:52 AM
On 2006-10-18 19:12, Merumeru wrote:
XD ugh PVP ruins games for me, and i always feel bad for killing people, AND i get pissed when people kill me

Well just dont pvp then? I dont see why this would ruin psu for you, just let it be.

Genobee
Oct 19, 2006, 08:03 AM
On 2006-10-19 05:52, krika wrote:

Well just dont pvp then? I dont see why this would ruin psu for you, just let it be.

yea thats what blizzard thought but we all know how that turned out.

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 19, 2006, 08:07 AM
no, just no.....!

krika
Oct 19, 2006, 08:25 AM
On 2006-10-19 06:03, Genobee wrote:

On 2006-10-19 05:52, krika wrote:

yea thats what blizzard thought but we all know how that turned out.

Only becouse there is pvp in the game doesnt mean that you can run around like a jerk and pk everyone.

Did you play pso?

Just make some arenas or that both have to agree before fight.

Problem solved.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: krika on 2006-10-19 06:27 ]</font>

Genobee
Oct 19, 2006, 08:26 AM
well I mean PVP is ok, but duels are lame it's just realy to see who's dick is bigger.

Nayte
Oct 19, 2006, 08:27 AM
I wouldnt mind PvP/controlled duels but we all know whats going to happen....
People will use it as a threat/way of ending an arguement. e.g.
Player 1: Hey man, could you hurry up? We need to finish this mission fast.
Player 2: lol STFU i'll own you in pvp.

cobfab
Oct 19, 2006, 08:28 AM
I just want a better Rule 6...BA6HU NO FO lol