PDA

View Full Version : Why do people say they do bad things when they really don't?

DavidNel
Sep 22, 2006, 05:19 PM
I'm just a little confused right now. Why do people say they have done things that make them look bad/stupid. One of my female friends says she has "been in a shower" with another guy, but doesn't "know who it was". Another (different girl) thinks drinking, and talking about drinking is the only way guys will get close to her... These things disgust me in ways you probably will never know. These things make you look like a whore, and even if they were true, aren't they attracting rapests and other screw-ups? I know both of these people, and they are both regular people and are smart and athletic. I don't understand why they do these things, but I think it may be to get attention.

The next person is a classmate of mine who always insists he never studies. I see him afterschool in the libraries often enough to know he isn't a srew off. He also gets good grades, but will never shut up about how he "never studies".

These things are more anoyying to me than anything. It is one of those things that just make you want to punch a baby in the face (Dane Cook). Do people you know do things like this? I just want to know why they do these things. I find these things nifty.

PS: never punch a baby in the face... BAD

MadEwokHerd
Sep 22, 2006, 05:26 PM
People say that they do bad things because either
a)They think that it'll make them look cool
b)People think that they're cool
I know people that get grades, yet claim that they don't study, myself included. Most of the people take down extremely good notes so they can remember it. I just happen to remember from lectures and all the homework.

ABDUR101
Sep 22, 2006, 05:35 PM
Being in the shower with someone, not a bad thing! However, saying they did'nt know who it was, meh, just a cop-out which made them look retarded. They could have lied better and said "Nobody you know".

As for drinking, it's nice in the right company. Not something you need to blab about to get attention.

As for their attitudes attracting rapists and other screwups. Who cares? If they want attention, and thats the only way they know how to get quick attention, let them get all the fuck-ups. Makes it easier for people who are looking for real people, cuts out all the jackasses really.

In the end, who cares? Their lies, their lives. I myself can't stand chronic liars. If you're going to lie to me about petty things that don't really make any difference, odds are you're lieing about really big things, and if I can't trust you, I don't want anything to do with you.

Exagerating is one thing, but outright lieing is another.

DavidNel
Sep 22, 2006, 06:07 PM
Thank you Abdur, and I guess I kind of feel the same way. I just find it interesting that some people do one thing, while someone else with the same backgrounds, current position, etc. do different things.

I strongly agree with you when you say "Their lies, their lives" (which rhymes... pretty nifty). But one of these people are my friend. It is more of an inconvieniance for me when their parents come over to ask me if I knew what they were doing. I want them to stop before I get into their mess. I don't feel like dealing with their parents, or their stupid choices.

zwandude15
Sep 22, 2006, 08:15 PM
I don't study, and I get good grades; probably because I paid attention the first time.

It kinda brings up the conversation of why bad things are cool.

It's all just dumb. Accept that much.

Just see past, acknowledge, and apply it within you.

You'll be a better person than them, knowing you've got nothing to live up to.

DavidNel
Sep 22, 2006, 08:17 PM
I couldn't care less if you study or not, it is just when you keep bringing it up! It just really "grinds my gears"

zwandude15
Sep 22, 2006, 08:27 PM
Nah nah... I don't insist it, I used it as an example of how people can choose to say things. Why would I (or anyone) want to say that anyways?

I mean, I noticed you had used it in the original post, but it is dumb that someone would say that for no particular reason.

Like, I get average grades (my GPA as of now is like a 2.5ish). I can do well if I want, but I really don't like school at all. The only reason I go to school is because I get to see my girlfriend, and the fact that I have to. xD

I do agree with you though, if you didn't catch that.

DavidNel
Sep 22, 2006, 08:46 PM
Hehe, alright. And a 2.5 GPA? 75 average is pretty good.

MaximusLight
Sep 22, 2006, 11:37 PM
I think it's that teen idea that you need to make an impression. Except for the guy that studies I'm like that too, I go to study but I always daydream so it looks like I study but really I'm not.

Eauijhkuu
Sep 23, 2006, 01:36 AM
People wanting to feel as though they belong to something, or a part of something, makes them do some silly stuff.

...If walking in alligator slippers full of tuna was considered a cool hot sexy thing to do, then I'm sure you'd see alot of people conforming. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif