PDA

View Full Version : AWSOME VIDEO (people may have seen) ENGLISH VOICES!

mattdude
Sep 22, 2006, 10:03 PM
I just saw this on you tube today, its awsome cause it has a short cut scenes of the voices from PSU, its a must see!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsAMw7Tlnv8

Phoenix_Black
Sep 22, 2006, 10:11 PM
Oh God... some of the voices were baaaaad...

Ryogen
Sep 22, 2006, 10:11 PM
Thanks for sharing but I seen that one before. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

mattdude
Sep 22, 2006, 10:12 PM
Yes they were soem what bad, but it was nice to see a movie that has the voices any way...

A2K
Sep 22, 2006, 10:15 PM
Many of the voices on that particular trailer are... rather unflattering, to say the least. Still, though, it's a limited selection of lines; I saw a video of Chapter 2's opening with Ethan and Pete in English (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIV5Wc-oVPI) that sounded quite good.

Edit: Found a YouTube link.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-09-22 20:20 ]</font>

Phoenix_Black
Sep 22, 2006, 10:15 PM
Yeah... And some of their mouthes didn't even move, lol

mattdude
Sep 22, 2006, 10:17 PM
ah well.....have you seen final fantasy X???? they had there lips moving when they werent supposed to......still its goign to be awsome!

Authenticate
Sep 22, 2006, 10:21 PM
Like the Japanese voices are any better? I sware to god they gave some of those female shop keepers the most annoying voices possible. Everytime I hear that high pitched "Yaaashaaaaii" (or whatever it is she says), I reach for my strangle NPC button. Then I remember that doesn't exist and I cry, because I know I'll be back to buy something from her again. T_T Is that high pitched screeching noise supposed to be cute?

A2K
Sep 22, 2006, 10:24 PM
A few annoying nameless NPCs aren't exactly on the same level as Ethan and company.

RoninJoku
Sep 22, 2006, 10:26 PM
nice, last time i saw this video there was alot of background noise, nice to hear the voices loud and clear... Alot of them sound expectedly bad... But Renvolt, Tylor, Tonio, and Maya sound good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Hard to judge from such short clips though... And I know normally I like the sound of Ethaan's voice.

mattdude
Sep 22, 2006, 10:26 PM
w/e.....i just think that PSU is goign to be a great game, and any voices that has voices is awsome to me.

DrewSeleski
Sep 22, 2006, 10:28 PM
Is there any way to verify these are the actual voices and not some sort of fandub?

Edit: In reference to the "trailer" not the chapter intro... the chapter intro seems somewhat legitimate but the "trailer" does not seem to be at all

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrewSeleski on 2006-09-22 20:31 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrewSeleski on 2006-09-22 20:32 ]</font>

Vetto
Sep 22, 2006, 10:31 PM
The voice acting isn't that bad, Go play R.A.D THERE bad voice acting.

mattdude
Sep 22, 2006, 10:33 PM
ok

Parn
Sep 22, 2006, 10:35 PM
I said it before, and I'll say it again... those voices are all out of context. Of course they sound bad... you're listening to tiny excerpts of whole conversations thrown in with random scenes in the game. Take Ethan's "my name is Ethan Waber" line... he says that line when he's introducing himself to Mirei, shortly after she healed him in that car incident scene. Just having that line thrown in while he's air boarding is flat out odd.

Don't judge the acting on the trailer, seriously. Wait for the official release before casting judgement.

Vetto
Sep 22, 2006, 10:39 PM
I like the voice of Leogini Santosa Berafort http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Cloudkiller
Sep 22, 2006, 10:45 PM
Youtube has a ton of vids with poeple playing. If you havent had your fix yet I suggest you do!

VanHalen
Sep 22, 2006, 10:46 PM
nah Ethan's voice had no excitement its like he lost his adrinaline the japanese version i saw in the trailer was like all crazy wild and stuff lol

DrewSeleski
Sep 22, 2006, 10:49 PM
Again why I think the trailer is a damn fake.

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 22, 2006, 11:15 PM
Its not that the voices are bad, the dialogue itelf is bad. This is a japanese game after all.

VanHalen
Sep 22, 2006, 11:18 PM
but Ethan still sounds like he was drugged when they taught him english

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 22, 2006, 11:25 PM
How often do we complain about the dialogue of an english production versus a dub of a japanese production? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

VanHalen
Sep 22, 2006, 11:34 PM
well i started after this video a liked the english voices in the pso-world video though i coulfnt hear them i never heard ethan's voice in it i just assumed he would sound like Link i liked hyuga's voice and that old guy

RoninJoku
Sep 22, 2006, 11:46 PM
On 2006-09-22 21:15, Blackwaltz-R wrote:
Its not that the voices are bad, the dialogue itelf is bad. This is a japanese game after all.

OooHo! Dis!

Pengfishh
Sep 23, 2006, 12:12 AM
The theme song excuses all other voice acting. It is hard to judge Ethan's voice, though. He was just waking up and was yawning a bit, and when he was in the bathroom sounded pretty good actually, but coming out he sounded like a total frat bro (hey brah, like, could I get a Grants Light?).

Eauijhkuu
Sep 23, 2006, 12:16 AM
There's a slight taboo when it comes to English dubs.

But really, the english trailer seemed to use similar voices http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

I'm hoping that it doesn't take away from the presentation.

kassy
Sep 23, 2006, 12:39 AM
Only voices I liked are Renvolt's and Liina's, everyone else is typical dubbing crap.

Pity, cause the JP version has some great VAs, Tonnio was done brilliantly.

Weak
Sep 23, 2006, 01:38 AM
I have to say, the quality of the voices in this trailer sounds very unprofessional.

We'll see what happens with the final version.

Sev
Sep 23, 2006, 01:59 AM
On 2006-09-22 20:35, Parn wrote:
I said it before, and I'll say it again... those voices are all out of context. Of course they sound bad... you're listening to tiny excerpts of whole conversations thrown in with random scenes in the game. Take Ethan's "my name is Ethan Waber" line... he says that line when he's introducing himself to Mirei, shortly after she healed him in that car incident scene. Just having that line thrown in while he's air boarding is flat out odd.

Don't judge the acting on the trailer, seriously. Wait for the official release before casting judgement.

Quoted for truth...

Also... Changing from Japanese to English... Most high pitched, loud, english speakers are considered annoying. You wanted him to sound like he did in Japanese but speaking English?

Please... Don't fool yourselves. He sounds much better relaxed, and yeah... That clip of him just waking up didn't sound bad at all, so I don't know where this came from.

Rider
Sep 23, 2006, 09:22 AM
I hope you can have the option of choosing english or japanese for your own character's voice at least. Most of the time I don't like the choices they made for english. But, I'll have to wait and see.

DizzyDi
Sep 23, 2006, 09:38 AM
Those can't be the real voice overs. If you look exactly a minute into the video Karen says something and it appears in Japanese. So it can't be the English trailer. I think that this is just a fandubbing kinda thing. I remember seeing elsewhere a video of Ethan and Pete talking and Ethan sounded COMPLETELY different.

RoninJoku
Sep 23, 2006, 10:02 AM
Let's get Brain Sommer in here to end this... If it's his voice for Renvolt mystery solved... If not uh... mystery solved!

Parn
Sep 23, 2006, 10:06 AM
Well, then this begs the question... why would anyone bother doing a fan dub for a trailer?

That, and I have to disagree... Ethan sounds the same to me on my headset.

Inspektahdek
Sep 23, 2006, 10:38 AM
the final boss figure sounds good

DrewSeleski
Sep 23, 2006, 10:40 AM
On 2006-09-23 07:38, DizzyDi wrote:
Those can't be the real voice overs. If you look exactly a minute into the video Karen says something and it appears in Japanese. So it can't be the English trailer. I think that this is just a fandubbing kinda thing. I remember seeing elsewhere a video of Ethan and Pete talking and Ethan sounded COMPLETELY different.

I agree. Also in that video it has English subtitles, as opposed to the japanese ones you saw in the trailer which futhers the idea that this isn't the English trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIV5Wc-oVPI < this is the video of Ethan and Pete talking you mentioned

watashiwa
Sep 23, 2006, 11:11 AM
Ethan's voice acting is a lot better in the Pete video, plus it doesn't even sound like the same voice as that awful other trailer..

DraginHikari
Sep 23, 2006, 11:28 AM
I have to agree...

I'd rather have a bad voice I understand then one I don't. VA is a different thing in JP then in the US and most other places, sometimes things can't be helped. It also seems odd because they had that exact same Trailer in JP and seems to be the same one JP subtext and all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DraginHikari on 2006-09-23 09:32 ]</font>

peenk
Sep 23, 2006, 12:26 PM
Meh,
Like a lot of other people, I prefer to watch my anime with Japanese Voices and english subtitles.
I must say, that pretty much anything anime like (and PSU story doesnt get any cheesier) is better off sounding in Japanese. Thats my $0.02 however and you can think what you like.
My point is, these English voices just suck chocolate salty balls.

Pacpunk
Sep 23, 2006, 01:57 PM
On 2006-09-22 20:17, mattdude wrote:
ah well.....have you seen final fantasy X???? they had there lips moving when they werent supposed to......still its goign to be awsome!

yeah i remember that. oh well i dont think the voices are that bad

Tystys
Sep 23, 2006, 02:24 PM
I'm starting to think more and more that the trailer was fan made. The voices, while similar sounding, just are a few notches different that make me think this. If Brian did decide to come and clear this up for, maybe we'd be able to tell the difference more....

I mean come on, he is Renvolt, O_O

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 23, 2006, 02:34 PM
HOLY SH1T that was some terrible voice acting, some of them were ok i suppose but yikes, im glad the gameplay makes up for it

vitius137
Sep 23, 2006, 02:41 PM
The first word by Ethan made me cry...... T_T

I am.. Ethan Waber..... *in completely emotionless voice*

What happened to the excitement? Some of the voices were fine though. At least I'll know whats going on.

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 23, 2006, 02:56 PM
haha the black and red robot dude sounds like, malak, from starwars knigts of the old republic

Tystys
Sep 23, 2006, 02:58 PM
On 2006-09-23 12:56, Kakashi_Xero wrote:
haha the black and red robot dude sounds like, malak, from starwars knigts of the old republic

Probably is, Brian has done a shit load of stuff from what I saw on his website last time XD.

Kakashi_Xero
Sep 23, 2006, 03:20 PM
what website is that?

Ash1ey
Sep 23, 2006, 03:59 PM
real or fake, it sounds great to me

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve II on 2006-09-23 14:03 ]</font>