PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts?

Cavarcous
Sep 22, 2006, 10:55 PM
I think I liked the direction the game was going when this (http://www.famitsu.com/sp/0405_e3/0405E3_universe_500k.asx) trailer was made... of course the game was pushed back; they revised all of the characters' designs... and even took three or so out of that trailer I'm mentioning. It would have been nice to see what that blue-haired cast would have been like... I guess we'll never know. The feeling of this one is a tad primitive, but seems to have more heart than the final product. What do you all think?

WiLDFiRe
Sep 22, 2006, 11:00 PM
That was the very first PSU trailer from E3'04

Flamingo99
Sep 22, 2006, 11:02 PM
I've never seen that actual trailer, but I've seen one like it. I remember when I first saw it I was really excited. Then a few months went by and I thought it would probably get cancelled or something. Then it poped up again a month or two ago for me. Now in less than a month it will be released in NA.

Vetto
Sep 22, 2006, 11:03 PM
Doesn't to me... Matter fact.. Everyone in that seems to be in the game.. just some got more of a redesign then others, for example.. the blue hair Cast probly just got turned into the current one's Lou , as for the cast she fighting.. looks like a concept of Renvolt.. So pretty much.. no i think there about the same at heart level.

Cavarcous
Sep 22, 2006, 11:03 PM
On 2006-09-22 21:00, WiLDFiRe wrote:

I'm aware of that.. but you totally missed my point. I shouldn't have expected intelligent life...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cavarcous on 2006-09-22 21:04 ]</font>

tomkat492
Sep 22, 2006, 11:08 PM
I think they replaced that cast with Karen, if you notice, she's nowhere in sight in that trailer.

Vetto
Sep 22, 2006, 11:09 PM
On 2006-09-22 21:08, tomkat492 wrote:
I think they replaced that cast with Karen, if you notice, she's nowhere in sight in that trailer.

Hmm just took a look.. they do look alike >>'

RoninJoku
Sep 22, 2006, 11:12 PM
Man, it's hard to believe how long some of us have been waiting for this game... I must admit I was much more excited back then... But then again, what sane PSO fan dying everyday in hopes for a new installment wouldn't be? It's just hard to keep all that excitement in through the long wait. And about the characters... Yea, I'm disappointed that they changed, but it was to be expected... And even though I can't say the current roster catches my eye with any aspect of originality, we'll just have to enjoy the final product. All games go through phases like this before they really get into the development. We all remember those dreadful words don't we?

Phantasy Star Universe -Just Started-

Vetto
Sep 22, 2006, 11:14 PM
and now it -DONE-. Atleast in Japan T.T

DrewSeleski
Sep 22, 2006, 11:16 PM
Aw, I'd like to think that there will be much more to expect from PSU than this one game

Eclypse
Sep 22, 2006, 11:17 PM
So because he or she says it was the trailer from 2004 you insult his intelligence. He wasn't telling you that it was 2004 as if you didn't know, it was more if a mentionig of what it was and the fact that things do change.

As to your question, I personally don't get a different feel from that trailer because it seems way to fake to me. The 2004 version was way more fantasy and not along the lines of what I would expect PSO to be like in the next gen. I like the way this current version has gone and is going.

RoninJoku
Sep 22, 2006, 11:19 PM
You mean, cookie cutter rpg? Ooops I didn't say that! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Just something that really bothers me about the offline story and characters >>;

But that's why I don't play for the story! :/ Regardless of how much I loved it in PSO...

WiLDFiRe
Sep 22, 2006, 11:25 PM
On 2006-09-22 21:03, Cavarcous wrote:

On 2006-09-22 21:00, WiLDFiRe wrote:

I'm aware of that.. but you totally missed my point. I shouldn't have expected intelligent life...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cavarcous on 2006-09-22 21:04 ]</font>

How'd I miss your point. I simply stated that the trailer you linked is the very first PSU trailer shown over two tears ago at E3.

I'm not even going to get into this. Thank you Eclyspe.

Pengfishh
Sep 23, 2006, 12:16 AM
Some of the CG movies in there I've seen in more recent trailers, so I don't think they changed the direction of the game too too much. Characters get redesigned, thrown out, thrown in, all that. Well golly, I remember the first trailer of FFX featured a black haired main character in silly yellow clothes.

Besides, most of the flashing design sketches we've seen fleshed out, so I can only venture to guess that the trailer was pushed rather quickly to get into E3.

That is all. Kisses.

Cavarcous
Sep 23, 2006, 03:37 AM
The fact that Eclypse is vouching for WiLDFiRe's total disregard to my topic to begin with is just stupid. That really wasn't cute the way WiLDFiRe demeaned me, either. Have at each other if that's what you want...

You seem to be starting shit everywhere, Eclypse... and I'm sure other people would agree with me. Keep it to yourself.

Sorry, everyone, but no one else is going to watch my back.

Back on topic... so it seems everyone thinks it's pretty much what it was meant to be. I still get the feeling that if they kept those characters.. perhaps it would have gone in a different direction...

tank1
Sep 23, 2006, 06:44 AM
Course it would of gone in a different direction we would have had a different cast of characters instead of what weve got now. Though i admit i think it would of been cool to see what the blue cast would of been like in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tank1 on 2006-09-23 04:44 ]</font>