PDA

View Full Version : Duel Boxxing (Multiple accounts)

Katrina
Sep 23, 2006, 10:05 AM
Hi. I was just wondering if anyone else was planning on dual boxxing (2 accounts). I'm thinking about setting up an account on PS2 and PC. (Human/Hunter, Newman/Force) being that they're going to be on the same servers.

It works well with some MMO's, I'm just wondering how difficult the control scheme will be.

(Any recommendations / opionions on macro controllers for this setup would be greatly appreciated) tyvm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RoninJoku
Sep 23, 2006, 10:08 AM
No need to spend money for 2 characters... You can have up to 4 on a single account per world... So assuming there are 2 worlds for the US as well, you get 8 characters... And PC/PS2 are interchangeable at any time. So you can use your PC characters on the PS2 and vice-versa.

Parn
Sep 23, 2006, 10:11 AM
Dual boxing is not going to work out all that well on a game like this. This is not a MMORPG, it's an action RPG online. Your attention and input is required at all times, because there is no auto-attack, and there is no targetting system like most MMORPGs... you have to actually aim with spells, guns, etc.

Kers
Sep 23, 2006, 10:11 AM
gah, I cast thee bots to hell!

Katrina
Sep 23, 2006, 10:15 AM
Ty for the quick reply Ronin, but I mean having 2 characters logged and playing at the same time. Some FFXI'ers, EQ2, WoW players run multiple accounts and play 2 or more characters online at the same time.

Katrina
Sep 23, 2006, 10:17 AM
TY Parn. I wasn't very familiar with the control scheme for PSU, or how difficult it would be.

Saiffy
Sep 23, 2006, 10:25 AM
If PSU is like BB with its windowed mode, which I assume it is, you can't dual box on the same PC anyways.

hypersaxon
Sep 23, 2006, 10:31 AM
Apparently people never played PSO if they think they can play two characters simultaneously...

Kaply
Sep 23, 2006, 10:42 AM
buff/heal bot, but not sure how you would control two accounts to move since there's no autofollow.

Xenofobia
Sep 23, 2006, 11:21 AM
ewww bots http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

NeoSakura
Sep 23, 2006, 11:30 AM
Holy...this game must be harder than I experienced it. XD

And it's so silly...I heard that there are complete parties in Final Fantasy XI controlled by just one person. Now that I'd have loved to see, but I quit a while ago.

Either way, I wouldn't know why to play two charas at once. That would be too much of a trouble for like no benefit at all. Only reason I could imagine would be...sharing one account with two people and then playing at the same time. But...that wouldn't be really legal I'm afraid. And I wouldn't be surprised if they checked the IPs on login or something like that, just like in other online games.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NeoSakura on 2006-09-23 09:32 ]</font>

Xenofobia
Sep 23, 2006, 12:19 PM
you cant login on 2 chars whit one acount. and playing 2 chars on 2 diffrent acounts is legal

watashiwa
Sep 23, 2006, 12:45 PM
I'm not sure what's up with peoples' ability to read in this thread.

One person brought up playing two accounts on one PC. (Initial post said he'd be using a PS2 and a PC..)

Another person brought up playing 2 chars with one account. (The topic title says "multiple accounts")

Dual playing might work well on PSU with the way the player described it. Hunter and a Force would be good to dual with.. You'd, of course, want to play one by itself for awhile so that it's a lot higher level, though.

You could level up your Hunter to a higher level first, by itsself, on one account.. then bring your Force in later (when they've hopefully released Jellen or Zalure as techs) Have your Force cast J/Z on enemies in noob areas, then let your high level Hunter take them out while the Force stays posted in some corner of the room somewhere.

If you chose to level up your Force first, you could just have your Hunter tag all the monsters from behind for low damage at least once, then put him in a corner while the high level force laughs at enemies trying to attack it. (Force can opt to J/Z the monsters before the Hunter begins tagging so that the Force takes very little damage from the lower level monsters) After the Hunter has tagged all the enemies, the Force can clear the room by grouping the monsters and killing them in one or two AoE casts.

DrizaSiegmund
Sep 23, 2006, 01:26 PM
no, no no. no no no no, If i catch you dual whatevering in the same team as me in psu, you are gooooing to get kicked out.

In FFXI the only reason people did this was to rush, gotta hurry, gotta make that money, gotta exp while there is actually a party, quik, this may never happen again, hurry!. Phantasy Star is about relaxing, lvling up when you want to, and ACTUALLY living!

PSU will require your full attention as you have to time combos and techniques (spells), and psu is actually kinda hard O_o;; .so duel boxxing will not only waste money which could go to charity *cough*L@L*cough* ..but you will actually end up losing due to lack of concentration.

watashiwa
Sep 23, 2006, 01:29 PM
On 2006-09-23 11:26, DrizaSiegmund wrote:
no, no no. no no no no, If i catch you dual whatevering in the same team as me in psu, you are gooooing to get kicked out.

Who cares? Not everybody wants to play with you anyway.. Besides, most people who "dual" anything play by themselves when they do it..

Katrina
Sep 23, 2006, 01:59 PM
Sry about the confusion and misunderstanding in my post.. I've played a few other MMO's, I love chatting with ppl online, but have also always liked soloing. I wasn't really sure of how difficult the control and gameplay is in PSU, but it sounds like a bit too much for me to handle playing 2 at once. Ty for the responses in filling me in a bit on the control.

I play EQOA for the PS2 right now, and I love the game, but working night shift, there's usually not many ppl on when I do log on. (I end up sitting on the 'looking for group' list for ours, hence why I learned to solo, but still have fun in game). A lot of ppl there duel box. I haven't as we only have 1 PS2.

When I found out about PSU, I started searching boards like these, and fell in love with the game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif When read that PC and PS2 users were on the same servers, I was thinking about buying 2 games (1 for my PS2, and 1 for my PC) and mebe seeing if it would be possible to play my 2 characters when I solo. That's why I made this thread, to see what everyone thought.

Again, sry about the misunderstanding or miscommunication on my part. I'm really looking forward to PSU, but after reading everyone's replies, I'm going to stick with the PC version.

tyvm for the response,
~Amanda~

Tycho
Sep 23, 2006, 03:10 PM
Raise a Mind PM and summon an NPC. Isn't that enough yet?