PDA

View Full Version : Ranger and Force Beasts....? (Question mostly for Importers)

Flamingo99
Sep 23, 2006, 02:19 PM
Have any of you importers tried the Ranger and Force classes with your Beast, on online mode? I know their ATA isn't good, so I'd imagine being a Ranger would be frustrating. Beasts don't have that good of TAP either (3rd best out of 4 races) so how well do they play as forces?

I would really like to make a Beast as my main... but if all they are good at is hunter, than I would get bored of them really quick.

Thanks for any info. If anyone else has any thoughts, about Ranger and Force Beasts, lets hear em'.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-09-23 12:28 ]</font>

Tycho
Sep 23, 2006, 03:11 PM
This is all relative, but if you want your fears confirmed, people have had negative experiences with these combinations. Still, you could just make a Human or create multiple characters.

mechatra
Sep 23, 2006, 03:16 PM
Well I can't really say much about Beast Rangers, but a Beast Force really isn't that bad at all.

Sure your technics wont do as much damage as a human or newmans, but you have noticably higher HP and physical defense. Also your ATP is marginally higher than the more common force races, this makes for a rather good setup for a battle mage, buffing your team and own attacks in the fray, whilst not getting completely destroyed.

Given that you still need to be careful since your still frailer than any Hunter class.

Niki
Sep 23, 2006, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I have both a Beast Ranger and Force. Actually, after a couple weeks online, I prefer the play-style of the Force, and even though my Technic damage doesn't compare to my comrades', its a bit easier than the Ranger. As a Ranger, I found that I crit less than anyone else, regardless of weapon, but I miss way less than I expected. And now that ST has nerfed the status effects on creatures, crowd control is a bit tougher.

I guess I should disclaim this by stating that both of my chars are still low-level, just able to solo LV15 C-Rank stuff, so...

Itsuki
Sep 23, 2006, 04:17 PM
I dunno, onec you exit c-rank, the b-rank monsters have high evade. I find that as a RAnewearl, with one of the highest ATAs, I couldn't even hit most B-rank monsters at all until I leveled up a bit. And since a ranger has to stay in front of monsters, this can become a pretty big disadvantage.

FObeast really isn't that bad. Really. But probably won't shine until buffs are added.

DizzyDi
Sep 23, 2006, 04:19 PM
A FOBeast or RABeast ALSO probably won't shine until expert classes are added. Then you could become a wartecher or something and REALLY do some damage.

Kaply
Sep 23, 2006, 04:59 PM
You aren't likely to pick a main character and have multiple classes unless you're going for one of the expert classes that mixes. Not enough PAs to fit everything.

The problem with ranger beasts is that rangers require accuracy to equip weapons, beasts get low accuracy so have issues equipping weapons. It's just an issue early on, rest of the problem just lies in the ranger class

Flamingo99
Sep 23, 2006, 05:24 PM
On 2006-09-23 14:59, Kaply wrote:
You aren't likely to pick a main character and have multiple classes unless you're going for one of the expert classes that mixes. Not enough PAs to fit everything.

I forgot about that. I kept thinking this game was like FFXI, once you max one class, you can go and max another. But this game kind of hinders you from doing that because of the PA limitation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-09-23 15:29 ]</font>