PDA

View Full Version : Knuckles

DizzyDi
Sep 23, 2006, 11:01 PM
So guys.

How good are knuckles in comparison to the other melee weapons? I plan on specializing in knuckles with my beast and would like to get an opinion on them before I start using them in game and it turns out they suck.

Ether
Sep 23, 2006, 11:10 PM
On 2006-09-23 21:01, DizzyDi wrote:
So guys.

How good are knuckles in comparison to the other melee weapons? I plan on specializing in knuckles with my beast and would like to get an opinion on them before I start using them in game and it turns out they suck.

They are decent, certainly not the worst. Their ATP is a little bit low since their combo is only 4 hits though. The initial PA with them is pretty good, I need to get it to level 11 to see if it gets any better.

DizzyDi
Sep 23, 2006, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the advice. I'll take this into account when playing with my character.

Ether
Sep 23, 2006, 11:25 PM
I just noticed knuckles have a very high accuracy rating, something that would be very useful to a beast since they have naturally low accuracy

DizzyDi
Sep 23, 2006, 11:34 PM
Oh thats great news! I was kinda worried when you said thier ATP was low but now its all good since they have high ATA. I think my beast will be coming along quite nicely. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 24, 2006, 09:35 AM
pretty cool but IMO, the PA is ok, but I don't like that it has to charge up and that there are no follow ups(I leveled it to 11, and it only does that single KO punch)

Kaply
Sep 24, 2006, 09:56 AM
erm, online the combo does six hits or so moving side to side, then on the second part of the combo it does a downward elbow that knocks people down and finally finishes with a sweeping kick that knocks enemies back. You can maneuver during the second part of the combo and to some extent control who you knock down and who gets kicked back, or both if you want.

Suraku
Sep 24, 2006, 10:26 AM
Personally, I really like the knuckles. Just the animation of it and its also got great speed to it. As for the PA's for it, the inital one is a charge up attack where you charge up and practically thrust your fist towards the enemy. This can hurt multiple targets and send them flying in the air. The other one I prefer however. I happend to get lucky and found this PA offline. Basicaly, its the one that Kaply describes it. Does a dashing side to side series of punches and can hit more than one enemy.

I'll most likely be using knuckles alot myself when the NA version comes out because I just really liked them.

Flamingo99
Sep 24, 2006, 11:25 AM
DizzyDi posted this is in the Movies and Pics section. You can see some lvl.11+ PAs, including the Knuckle PA Kaply and Suraku were talking about.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rTCyw8TgYYU

Arrow203
Sep 24, 2006, 11:26 AM
Hmm, now im debating on moving to HUbeast... since that RA Nurf ;; starting to sound like FFXI all over again...

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 24, 2006, 11:35 AM
thanks for the vid, that knuckle PA looks WAY better than the offline one that charges up.

Zarbolord
Sep 24, 2006, 11:38 AM
I'll use them on my HUnewm, yes they seem excellent weapons.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 24, 2006, 12:33 PM
^
nice to see someone else with the balls to try it.

Kaply
Sep 24, 2006, 12:43 PM
I preferred the offline one since it's easier to plan to avoid being interrupted at the beginning of a PA rather than in the middle of a PA.

Fironial
Sep 24, 2006, 04:36 PM
The last part of the fancy looking Knuckles combo with all the weaving is a ton of fun on normal sized enemies. The sweep hit will knock the enemies back. The next button press you give will launch you into a sommersault and you'll literally leap after your target and hit them on the ground. Knuckles feel pretty weak overall but they are definatly fun.

anmato145
Sep 24, 2006, 10:52 PM
Hey dizzi heres another Knuckle vid i just ran up on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJd4hyZR_lg

Alisha
Sep 24, 2006, 11:06 PM
this topic made my day A+ i've always been a fan of hand to hand fighting.