PDA

View Full Version : question about obtaining Extra Mode...

StanleyPain
Sep 23, 2006, 10:28 PM
forgive if this has been asked before, but I'm curious if once Extra Mode is "unlocked" so to speak, if it works for anyone who plays your offline copy of PSU.

My girlfriend is totally psyched to play PSU offline (possibly online) on my console, but she didn't sound too interested in the single player story mode. If ONE person gets to Extra Mode, can another person come along make an EM character for themselves because you unlocked it, or will she have to play her own game on a seperate save file (or even possibly her own profile)?

Authenticate
Sep 23, 2006, 10:31 PM
Once you unlock it, it stays unlocked. The Story and Extra mode characters are saved seperately.

Kurushii
Sep 23, 2006, 10:40 PM
As long as the story mode save has been saved at chapter 4 or later then extra mode will be unlocked on the main menu.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kurushii on 2006-09-23 20:40 ]</font>

StanleyPain
Sep 23, 2006, 11:02 PM
Awesome...she'll definitely want to play. Too bad about no 2-player, as we love to game together, but it's better than nothing. Only problem now: SHARING TIME ON THE 360. NOOOOO!!

Kurushii
Sep 23, 2006, 11:07 PM
Well being you said she doesn't seem interested in story mode..that means you'll have to beat it if you want everything unlocked for extra mode. You could use that to your advantage for some easy sucking up from her lol.

Dai-Kitana
Sep 23, 2006, 11:15 PM
GMTA. Sucking up (full pun intended) sounds like a winner. (Sry, couldn't resist.. lol)

We're in the same boat here. She's all about wanting to play online. Gonna have to lay some cash for a PS2 or wrestle for time on the PC. Looks like a win-win situation to me.

StanleyPain
Sep 23, 2006, 11:59 PM
Heh....I personally want to play Story Mode....it'll be more interesting than the rather crappy excuse for a storyline that PSO had. I mean, don't get me wrong...I played every damn mission, but I just thought it was a terrible way to tell a story, and half the missions had so little to do with it anyway. I kinda like the idea of characters and cutscenes and all that.
But, I know her and she's got a thing for customizable characters and go at your own pace and all that kind of stuff...she really doesn't like the idea of the story mode, so I'm cool beating it to get extra unlocked. We might play online, too, but I think that will mostly be me. She's a little intimidated by online play...doesn't like being with real people, especially since, in our experience, girls get hassled so much online..it really is a factor for some females...

AnamanaAU
Sep 25, 2006, 07:30 PM
Half the time girls on MMOs are guys doing it for free items. Maybe teach her how to get free gear and ditch the sleezes once they've handed it over? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

StanleyPain
Sep 25, 2006, 07:57 PM
Which is true, but yet, like idiots, most guys go all "HURRF DURRF BLUBBLUBLUB PRETTY!!!" when an admitted female character enters the room. Some girls like it, I'm sure, and think of it as a power trip, but a lot of them, especially the ones I know, hate that crap where they get free stuff and get all fawned over. Seriously, guys...get outside and see the world....

AnamanaAU
Sep 25, 2006, 08:14 PM
Most of the people who act like this are either young teens or people who are playing a MMO for the first time. Everyone has their lame phases.