PDA

View Full Version : What's on your head?

AzureBlaze
Sep 24, 2006, 01:26 AM
This is a quick question (for importers), but I don't think it's yet been addressed.

Android Heads:
On the beta, if you picked a 'flesh simulating' face, you COULD NOT switch it to an armor face in the dressing room later on. You could change your hair/etc like humans, but if you want metalface, you had to make a new guy. (and viceversa)

The question:
Can you start off with a metalface cast, then dressing room yourself to a flesh face, then back again?

The consequences:
Ok it would UTTERLY SUCK if you still can't swap it. Why? You know they're gonna release awesome new stuff for armor faces and fleshies alike.

-New hot hair comes out, and you want it...but you got a metalface girl. Oh whoops, have to delete your guy and start over if you want one!

-Righteous new helmet style released. But you didn't LIKE any of the helmet styles in the beginning when you made your guy. They were too blocky. So you went with a flesh face. Can't switch? Time to erase your guy if you want that helmet!

It also doesn't make sense plotwise to not be able to switch your head if you're an android. It makes MORE sense then humans being able to switch skin color. Yes people can get a tan, but um michael jackson syndrome?

Can someone confirm that head types can be switched back and forth in the full version?
I will be ULTRA happy if it is able to switch freely metal/fleshface styles, and mega super angry if it can't. Ooooh the suspense is riding on this post!

Ether
Sep 24, 2006, 01:45 AM
Human faced cast here. Estee options:

Change eye color/design
Change hairstyle (all humanish hairs)
Change skintone / Armor color / secondary armor color

No ability to change your face, much less to one of the robotic ones

tomkat492
Sep 24, 2006, 01:48 AM
Maybe you change your head at a parts shop.

Authenticate
Sep 24, 2006, 01:51 AM
You mean like where you get new armor styles? I haven't seen the option to change anything head related at any of the Shell shops.

Flamingo99
Sep 24, 2006, 12:27 PM
On 2006-09-23 23:45, Ether wrote:
Human faced cast here. Estee options:

Change eye color/design
Change hairstyle (all humanish hairs)
Change skintone / Armor color / secondary armor color

No ability to change your face, much less to one of the robotic ones

Cant you change the metal stuff coming out of the human face? Look at this video and you'll see what I mean. What I'm talking about starts at 2:15 in the video. Maybe new content will add to these options?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OMklXETYTgI

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-09-24 10:28 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-09-24 10:38 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Sep 24, 2006, 12:30 PM
That isn't cool. Oh well, I don't care. I'm taking a metal head all the way, my other 3 characters will have humanish faces anyway cos they won't be casts. So I think i'll do it metal.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 24, 2006, 12:30 PM
On 2006-09-23 23:51, Authenticate wrote:
You mean like where you get new armor styles? I haven't seen the option to change anything head related at any of the Shell shops.

I think you should go to the estee shops? I dunno, don't really have a cast but I think you should try going there.

A2K
Sep 24, 2006, 12:43 PM
I actually experimented with this just yesterday.

If you choose a robotic-faced Cast, unfortunately, your options at Lumilass are rather limited. The 5000 Meseta "head/hair" option only seems to yield the eight or so head types available to you at character creation. That said, there is a possibility that there are more heads, just that they are currently still locked.

There does not seem to be an option to switch faces at all.

In addition, female casts, even if you chose a humanoid face, don't get a lip color option. This made me sad as my main character happens to be one.