PDA

View Full Version : PSO Player Need Answers On PSU Please

AdventVista
Sep 24, 2006, 02:40 AM
Hi im a pretty experienced PSO player played since DC (force) though to GC (hunter) to XBOX (ranger) and then PC (Ranger). anyway im finally letting myself start reading on PSU since its so close to release now and need some questions answered if you could as i cant find a answer.

1. Rangers is it true that they now have to buy ammo and have a limited supply?

2.How are rangers and dual handguns and there game play style has it changed alot from PSO?

3. Same question but for hunters especially dual swords?

4. whats the deal with S ranks, i guess its like guild wars swords for missions? but what does it get you and does it mean teams rush though missions now?

5. Since theres no tp anymore does that mean casts are finally equal.

6. More opion then anything but since xbox version dosnt need gold membership unlike PSO did. think it will stay busy?

7. Please tell me anything more about hunters and rangers and what tehre like.

thanks for any answers you can give.

F-o-x
Sep 24, 2006, 03:42 AM
I'll do the best I can but some importers might be able to give better answers.

1. Yes, rangers now have ammo on thier guns in the form of PP (Photon points if I'm not mistaken... although I'm not too sure, anyway), but it comes with the gun. However now guns have no combo so you can just keep firing (and you can even move while firing) but no hard attack. Actually just in case you didn't know hard attack has been done away with in PSU.

2. Yes, from what I've gathered their gameplay style has changed quite a bit. A ranger is pretty much a support class because of thier status-inflicting bullets and thier low damage output. They are also quite expensive because PP on thier guns runs out pretty fast. And PP on dual handguns runs out pretty quickly from what I hear.

3. Dunno. Hunters are pretty much the same though. Get up in the monster's face and kill.

4. Ranked missions is (I guess) ST's attempt to make the game a bit more team-play oriented. Getting S rank nets you more cash (Which is actually valuable in PSU) and JXP (Job exp, this is the only way to get exp for your class, by finishing missions). I have no idea if speed is a factor in your ranking, although I do know dying sets your team's rank down.

5. Depends on what you mean. PP has replaced TP, so its pretty much the same, except Casts can get in on the spellcasting if they want.

6. Dunno. I suppose it'll turn out fine.

7. I'll leave this to someone who has the game.

AnamanaAU
Sep 24, 2006, 04:18 AM
So the whole mission ranking system is a lot like Towards The Future's ranking system?

DrizaSiegmund
Sep 24, 2006, 05:01 AM
On 2006-09-24 00:40, AdventVista wrote:

1. Rangers is it true that they now have to buy ammo and have a limited supply?

Alot of people here fear it like it is a bad thing, from the point of view of someone currently using a RA, it is fine and very good. PP actually replenishes as you hold a weapon, so there is never a "oops well that's all i came here with". It is also not that expensive to refill weapons once you return to towns and recharge points.

5. Since theres no tp anymore does that mean casts are finally equal.

AH hold on i just realised what you mean.
Ok not every single person who isnt a cast unlike pso can use techniques, only Forces can (see Expert Mode for advance classes).
If you're a hunter fighting alone you will have to rely alot on Monomates and Dimates, but seeing as u can hold 30 Monomates it wont become a problem gameplay-wise, money-wise tho it will.

6. More opion then anything but since xbox version dosnt need gold membership unlike PSO did. think it will stay busy?

what the.. ? O_o;;

7. Please tell me anything more about hunters and rangers and what tehre like.

in my experience BEING A HUNTER COSTS MORE THAN BEING A RANGER! ! !
Because i get hit more as a Front-line Guardian as opposed to Ranger, i have to make sure i go in with a certain amount of monomates and dimates, and star atomizers, not to meantion that Hunter photon arts drain alot more PP than bullets.

PP usage:
1. Force weapons
2. Hunter weapons
3. Ranger weapons

The kind of money you have to use to be a ranger is nothing like FFXI's rangers, i get the feeling this preconception has alrdy made ppl paranoid -_-"
When you go back to town there is a transparent cube, it will allow you to recharge all the Power Points of the weapons you chose, or recharge them all. The percentage of PP you will pay for in accordance to your lvl and income you earned, will be about 15% (this figure is an estimation to give you an idea DO NOT quote me on it).

You have to spend money to make money.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrizaSiegmund on 2006-09-24 03:07 ]</font>

AC9breaker
Sep 24, 2006, 05:17 AM
1. Yes and no

2. Rangers are awesome. Gamplay has changed alot. Although it CAn be playe like PSO ranger, it can do so much more.

3. Pretty much the same except it looks cooler and they don't run all retarded like in PSO
4. What F-o-x said. Online all that seems to matter is death rate and # of enemies killed. offline I sure time is accounted for too.

5.Cast still suck with magic, although at least now they have the option to use it. Being a FOcast is the new RAmarl.

6.I think so.

7. Rangers are fun as hell. Alot of people have bee saying they are "more of a support class" But personally I feel they deal equally as much damage if not more at certain due to their ambiguous forms of damaging.

AdventVista
Sep 24, 2006, 06:39 AM
thanks for the great answers so far.

however i still cant tell if rangers where nerfed or made better. the strafing movement is great but the hole PP thing seems like a big hassle unlike TP.

so would most people say ranger is cheaper then hunter?

im very interested in ranger since it was my fav main in PSO but i dont want to appear like im doing no damage and not be able to solo every now and then when no one is on.

it seems aswell that money is a big issue now but is it for sure that ranger costs less then hunter in PSO it never really mattered as you always had enough for more monomates etc.

if anyone can tell me how it is to play as a hunter would be great aswell plz?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AdventVista on 2006-09-24 04:44 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Sep 24, 2006, 06:59 AM
It would depend, if you're a mob cleaner and use swords, it must be easier than using dual one target weapon. As for the equalising bit, anyone, even casts, can be forces. Although their TAP (technique attack power = magic damage)) and MST (mental strength = magic defence) is lower, they can still be good forces, especially if you use an expert class. Rangers have good bits and bad bits, basically, they've made a step towards equalising the class powers. Depending on the weapons you use, you'll get different strategies and you'll need to choose your weapons well for the mission you'l be going into. You also have the addition of machine guns, which aren't powerful and ATA isn't that good either. If you play with a team then you have no problem, each player will assume a role, and PP won't lower itself as much as solo. Also, you can choose what kind of character you want to be. If you want to be a debuff ranger, then use rifles or dual handguns. If you want to do damage then use again, rifle, and if you want to multi hit then use a shotgun, but then asgain it is pretty slow, so I'd say to only use it as a group. Hunters have that guarding the front thing to do, but once you play you'll get the hang of it. Oh, and enemies don't flinch at every hit, also they can evade by jumping or moving out of the way. Once you know how they move you can elaborate strategies with your group and that will finish them up. It's all based on team work. And rangers are a good class, as much as forces and hunters are.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 24, 2006, 07:09 AM
even if Hunter PAs drains more PP than guns, at least without PP the Hunter is still able to fight back cuz he doesn't need PP in order to attack while a Ranger is pretty much helpless if he doesn't have any PP on any of his guns unless he has a sword with him, but you need to have the weapon equipped in order for its PP to regenerate.

AC9breaker
Sep 24, 2006, 10:13 AM
Actually Shotgun, is an awesome solo weapon once your desired PA bullets have been leveled. If you attack a mob from behind using an element that is their counter, you will out damage most of HUNTER's PA's since now shotguns have more real life properties to them like being ableto deal big damage by being upclose and the bullets spreading out as your range from targets increases. Also since you can attack faster with your guns then the other jobs with their respective forms of attack, you really can outdamage them. If you mix in other weapons routinly in disposing of enemies, your"ammo" shouldn't even be much of a problem. Iv'e solo'd B rank dragon mission like this at level 20. Although it takes me a long time, I can still get it done without having to go back to town to recharge my weapons. I look at rifles as, "first hit!" weapons. Since you have awesome range with it, you can get in some good pot shots before enemies are in range. Or for bosses/mobs who like to stay out of melee weapon range.

Dual guns are the mechs of PSU, but ammo does and will run out fast. So best used sparingly. I have yet to use mechs so I can't really tell you how they funtion. Lonevandal posted a great synopsis thread about rangers (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=119507&forum=20&122) on this message board. I suggest ypu read it becuase it highlights some excellent points and gives better insight on the job then my post here.

Hunters seem the same from PSO. Only thing thats changed is their approach to combat since PSU's combat system is far superior compared to PSO.
In my opinion, RA has seen the most change in PSU, FO a moderate change, and HU minimal change.

krika
Sep 24, 2006, 10:37 AM
On 2006-09-24 04:39, AdventVista wrote:
thanks for the great answers so far.

however i still cant tell if rangers where nerfed or made better. the strafing movement is great but the hole PP thing seems like a big hassle unlike TP.

so would most people say ranger is cheaper then hunter?

im very interested in ranger since it was my fav main in PSO but i dont want to appear like im doing no damage and not be able to solo every now and then when no one is on.

it seems aswell that money is a big issue now but is it for sure that ranger costs less then hunter in PSO it never really mattered as you always had enough for more monomates etc.

if anyone can tell me how it is to play as a hunter would be great aswell plz?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AdventVista on 2006-09-24 04:44 ]</font>

Well I think Ranger can solo very well. Probably the best acually. Ofc they dont do as much damage as a force, but they got more range and can shot while move, that does a lot.

LoneVandal
Sep 24, 2006, 02:58 PM
On 2006-09-24 08:37, krika wrote:

Well I think Ranger can solo very well. Probably the best acually. Ofc they dont do as much damage as a force, but they got more range and can shot while move, that does a lot.

Depends on the zone. Shikon, they do. Relics, FO win. HU aren't hard to solo with though as they can also walk backwards while shooting a pistol to thin out a crowd before jumping in and scattering them to the wind with a Photon Art that also kills half of them.

Tystys
Sep 24, 2006, 03:00 PM
On 2006-09-24 02:18, JubeiSaotome wrote:
So the whole mission ranking system is a lot like Towards The Future's ranking system?

In a sense, yes. The lower number of deaths, the higher the rank. There are also some other deciding factors like time and stuff like that.

Parn
Sep 24, 2006, 03:03 PM
On 2006-09-24 03:01, DrizaSiegmund wrote:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i262/driza-angels/console-103.jpg
Dear DrizaSiegmund,

I'm quite honored to have such a enthusiastic fan. I don't know how I can repay you at the moment, but I promise I'll think of something soon!

Hugs and kisses,
- Parn

LoneVandal
Sep 24, 2006, 03:05 PM
On 2006-09-24 13:00, Tystys wrote:
In a sense, yes. The lower number of deaths, the higher the rank. There are also some other deciding factors like time and stuff like that.

Offline there is a time factor, online there is only number of monsters killed and number of party deaths. One death can cost you 30% of the mission reward by going from S rank to A rank so hone up on your monster dodging skills or expect to get booted from a lot of parties.

Tystys
Sep 24, 2006, 03:07 PM
I really hope people are going to be more tolerant of others who die. There is always going to be that one person who screws up...might be me, might be you, might be anybody. Personally, if someone kicked me from the party because I couldnt heal in time, or I made a mistake, I would be seriously ticked...

Especially if it's just over some rank, -_-

mechatra
Sep 24, 2006, 03:10 PM
I'd think it's moreso the case if a person keeps dying from stupid situations, particularly in simpler missions, then really you're not gonna want to team up with them too often really.

LoneVandal
Sep 24, 2006, 03:11 PM
Well I'm sure most people wouldn't mind a death every few runs, but if you're a flaming idiot and can't manage to avoid being sauteed by the Dragon 3 times per encounter expect to develop a reputation as a sucky group member.

Tystys
Sep 24, 2006, 03:13 PM
On 2006-09-24 13:11, LoneVandal wrote:
Well I'm sure most people wouldn't mind a death every few runs, but if you're a flaming idiot and can't manage to avoid being sauteed by the Dragon 3 times per encounter expect to develop a reputation as a sucky group member.

Yeah, that's another thing I'm worried about. I can just tell there's always going to be atleast one each day you play the game, there's always going to be that one dick head who decides to get funny and die at every corner, or get us killed, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

anmato145
Sep 24, 2006, 03:16 PM
Ty thats in EVERY online game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. At least every team oriented online game i've played. You can be having the BEST DAY EVER. And he/she comes in... Talking and bragging about all they're rares... As soon as it comes down to showing skill, they die... and make the "Oh i was distracted" Excuse... Then they die again with another lame excuse... Heh get use to it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif everyones gonna have to deal with it someday.

Tystys
Sep 24, 2006, 03:22 PM
Yeah I know, XD.

Hmm, I'm really interested about the S-Rank missions and what rewards they must offer....oooh, the amount of goodies must be stupendous, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LoneVandal
Sep 24, 2006, 03:23 PM
Unless you're like me and play with Parn, Ark, and Dios. We are the Masters of the PS Universe, He-Man has nothing on us.

Tystys
Sep 24, 2006, 03:25 PM
Friggin boy bands with their rares....

LoneVandal
Sep 24, 2006, 03:27 PM
On 2006-09-24 13:22, Tystys wrote:
Yeah I know, XD.

Hmm, I'm really interested about the S-Rank missions and what rewards they must offer....oooh, the amount of goodies must be stupendous, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Maybe in October the "goodies" will be after the patch. I'm pretty sure in online mode they will always just be meseta and job xp. Right now they are ok, and the only way of gaining job xp. The meseta rewards are nice because in big groups it can be hard to make any money from the monster drops once you factor in your PP refill costs (assuming you're not a HU, they don't need to use PP cubes if they're not spamming Photon Arts as their main attack like a retard).