PDA

View Full Version : time

linkzone
Sep 24, 2006, 06:59 AM
We all know that Online games or even just RPGs in general take time. And if PSU is half what PSO was, Ill be losing 200+ hours of my life, well not exactly losing but spending. Do ya'll think that games of this type are abit addictive?

Zarbolord
Sep 24, 2006, 07:04 AM
I agree, but if you have nothing else to do it's good. If you play like, a mean of 2 to 4 hours a day that's alright, over that starts making you a paranoid, sorry if this gets some people angry... But it's true, if you play too much it will inflict uncool things to your physical and mental states. I won't quote as there are many. But I think that it is nice to play games like this, not mentioning that the online part make you get new friends, know new people, try things out where in real life you couldn't. I don't dare count how much I've played on GC in my life, it's horrendously huge... But then again, being a student does give you a good deal of free time sometimes.

Rizen
Sep 24, 2006, 07:04 AM
With all the customization and mission based stuff...I'm sure I will be losing around that same amount of time as well, not that I mind (Playing PSO, FFXI, WoW so used to it). Is it worth it? *shrugs* I enjoy it so yea and maybe, but at least it beats all the other options I've been left with. Addictive? Hell ya.

Katrina
Sep 24, 2006, 07:18 AM
Online communities have always been a draw for me. I've always enjoyed the socializing aspect, and enjoy seeing the gradual development of the communities and my characters over time. From what I've read, there are actual help groups for ppl that have become addicted to onlines that have had a dramatic (detrimental) effect on some ppl's lives.

For some ppl, there's a fine line between enjoyment and dedication to a game, and obsession.

Blueberry
Sep 24, 2006, 07:30 AM
Mhm, the reason online games are so addictive is because they are fun. And 200+ hours, is pretty harsh whatever you're doing, but hey. They are not literally addicting, unless you keep in that mindset. I like online games because a lot of rpgs just seem dead to me, and I just need to feel the atmosphere. Others like it because they want to get to level two million and beat the whatever. Its up to you! If you feel like you're losing something, cut back, right? And good luck!

StanleyPain
Sep 24, 2006, 12:05 PM
What I loved about PSO was that long term progression of getting the better items, higher levels, reaching the higher difficulties. It was awesome, even for a casual gamer like me, because it meant that game sitting on your machine would be there for you, you knew, for A LOOOONG time. Yeah, if you have the free time, you can power level and play it constantly, but even if not, it means the experience will go over years, which is how it was for me and PSO...I played it over so long, and then got back into it on GC. I love these kinds of dungeon hacks for that reason.....it's something that's addictive and challenging and it's there for you for so long...it isn't beatable in a month or something. I mean, after I got out of PSO mode, I got into Diablo II and I've been playing that for like 4 years or something. So...I expect nothing less from PSU. It will be a fantastic investment.