PDA

View Full Version : Vehicles only in Story Mode?

krika
Sep 24, 2006, 10:47 AM
As topic.
Will vehicles be able in Online and Extra Mode? I would love to drive the tank in some mission online, but i havent seen anything so i doubt they exist online. :/

Parn
Sep 24, 2006, 10:54 AM
Network mode trailers showed online play with the tank. They're definitely in bro!

RoninJoku
Sep 24, 2006, 10:57 AM
Aye, there's sure to be plenty of content to come, so don't fret yet!

A2K
Sep 24, 2006, 11:04 AM
Not yet, but eventually, I imagine. I can see the other two, but I'm wondering exactly how the tank is going to control in a party... is everyone going to get a tank of their own, or what? With a six person party that would be a bit of overkill, don't you think?

Rizen
Sep 24, 2006, 11:12 AM
Incoming bad pun:
"Don't worry! I will be the 'tank'."

krika
Sep 24, 2006, 12:02 PM
On 2006-09-24 08:54, Parn wrote:
Network mode trailers showed online play with the tank. They're definitely in bro!

Great, my worst fear is now gone. Thx for the info.

Eauijhkuu
Sep 24, 2006, 12:10 PM
Landeel! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HOORAY.

I look foward to fighting my partners as to who will be the designated driver for the evening.

Saner
Sep 24, 2006, 01:15 PM
the Flowder parts will be really fun! they showed a video of 6 players in a Flowder hover-vehicle mission.

Cross
Sep 24, 2006, 01:19 PM
I have to wonder how multiplayer Flowder would work, since in Story mode it's basically just a standard time trial racing minigame.

Saner
Sep 24, 2006, 01:27 PM
well it would probably involve racing again. but remember the time trails are for offline only I think.

in online, the objectives for better ranking are slightly different. (like monsters + player KOs determine rank for normal missions online).

online Flowder will probably be survival missions, get to the goal before you take too much damage from mines/etc.

Jozon
Sep 24, 2006, 02:06 PM
I think the tank would probably work with people each taking control of a gun on the sides of the ship and one with the main gun, and one driving.

Zarbolord
Sep 24, 2006, 02:08 PM
How it would work? Search me!
Hmmm, knowing how team spirit would apply...
One drives, two shoot from front, two from behind and the last guy leaves mines, how about that for some speculation?

Cry0
Sep 24, 2006, 04:16 PM
anyone know the leviathan from ut2004? I hope it's like that, lol.

Fironial
Sep 24, 2006, 04:40 PM
Extra mode dosn't let you drive the vehicles, sadly. Nor can you ever go back to the vehicle missions as Ethan after you pass them. (Mainly because all the free missions are the same as the Extra Mode missions.)

The tank looks like it has multiple guns on the front and in single player you can only shoot the main cannon so... maybe multiple people WILL get their own gun while driving it. Easily overkill.

I had the most fun on the Floader personally... a little bit of racing online to break the mass slaughter will be some good fun.

Saner
Sep 24, 2006, 06:46 PM
wow Extra Mode doesnt support the vehicle missions? hmmm then offline ppl's created characters will miss out.

but those vehicle missions will be supported online.

that sure is strange Extra mode is left out of the fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif