PDA

View Full Version : The cost of items & other stuff

Ryoten
Sep 24, 2006, 01:03 PM
I was reading about the items & clothes on PSU which people have a hard time getting so I was wondering, is items & other things on PSU that pricey to buy & the clothes? Also when you have a lot of items which people want *like some rares & armors* can you chose the price to sell them for?

Saner
Sep 24, 2006, 01:31 PM
clothes seem to cost in the 10,000s. anyways the overpricing gives ppl more reason to choose their priorities and manage their money better. plus it makes it harder for ppl to get rich and buy everything so early.

so ppl may focus on equipment/synthesis. others may focus on My Room decorations, or clothes, etc. etc. others on items/consumables. etc. etc.

RoninJoku
Sep 24, 2006, 01:35 PM
I assume your speaking of the My room shop system... Yea, you can set prices on the items you're selling.

Ryoten
Sep 24, 2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah thats what I was talking about. Unlike PSO, when you find mesetas within the stage, its not that much when you do find it huh? Kind of like normal mode when you try to collect money.

Vetto
Sep 24, 2006, 02:31 PM
10,000s For clothing!? T.T god it going to be forever before i can get my coat...

Zarbolord
Sep 24, 2006, 02:31 PM
It's hard as monsters rarely give you a good amount of money, and missions don't give much either compared to some prices. Anyway, a good rare or two that you find yourself is definitly better than buying them for a huge quantity of meseta.

Zarbolord
Sep 24, 2006, 02:34 PM
Well... If you only concentrate on that ....

Vetto
Sep 24, 2006, 02:35 PM
I like weapons... and the ability to heal -.-' I hope as you go up in level cash get a smidge easier.

Zarbolord
Sep 24, 2006, 02:38 PM
As the missions get harder or you simply change the difficulty lvl, you gain more money, the thing is you need to be that lvl. Also it's easier if you play as a team so you don't have to use all of your mates and cosmos and so to buy them again.

mechatra
Sep 24, 2006, 02:41 PM
But dont forget that playing as a team also splits the money found from monsters.

Of course most of the money you make at first is going to be from S ranking missions.

S rank on Relics C nets you 600 meseta for example.

Tystys
Sep 24, 2006, 03:12 PM
That makes like what, 16-20 C rank games before you get 10.000 Meseta XD

mechatra
Sep 24, 2006, 03:17 PM
Well yeah, it aint easy at times. I've already spent 20,000 on my Beasts Blast badges.

A full run on C rank of
Raphon fields > Relics > Deragan
Will net you a couple of thousand meseta provided that you pick up as much money as possible along with S ranking the whole thing.

Tystys
Sep 24, 2006, 03:18 PM
So, in a sense, if you do it right, you can get the seemingly high priced items in no time....
IF you know what you're doing.

darthplagis
Sep 24, 2006, 03:25 PM
well im offline only but doing relics mission @ S rank nabs you a svaltus edge which sells big(7.5k) and 1500 meseta with a 30 pt class boost also a room item which sells for 5k also you sometimes get random PA/bullet/magic disk.

mechatra
Sep 24, 2006, 03:27 PM
Long as you've got a good team with you, you'll be doing things like that easily.

Problem is if you're going it solo.
Because of the Rank system and the money reward, you'll probably make money faster in a team rather than on your own. S ranking the dragon on your own is pretty tough untill higher levels but a good team can take it down nice and quick even when underleveled.

As you said. As long as you know what you're doing.
Also there are ways of saving money, for example:
I use a hunter beast, my main weapon is either twin daggers, or a dagger and a handgun.

I recently found that my handguns are low quality crap really, so I decided to buy some better guns.

Thing is, I usually carry 3 guns with me, and to buy the guns I wanted each one would be 2000 meseta.

However, instead of making a hole in my pocket, I went to newdaiz and bought a synth board for this particular handgun costing me half the amaount of buying a single ready made one.

45 mins later I had produced 3 of these said pistols from the same board, for the total cost of 1000 meseta, and some synthing materials which I already had lying around.

mechatra
Sep 24, 2006, 03:29 PM
On 2006-09-24 13:25, darthplagis wrote:
well im offline only but doing relics mission @ S rank nabs you a svaltus edge which sells big(7.5k) and 1500 meseta with a 30 pt class boost also a room item which sells for 5k also you sometimes get random PA/bullet/magic disk.

And just to add on (I apologise for the double post)
Offline mode is a cakewalk. Meseta is bountyfull, and mission rewards are far larger. You can't really compare offline to online accurately at all.

It's a completely different animal.

StanleyPain
Sep 24, 2006, 03:30 PM
I don't care...at least now you have something to aspire to with Meseta. In PSO, by the time you hit about level 30, meseta had very few real uses and people were already at their bank limits (in the original...when they expanded the bank, it took a little longer, but still). So..if there's more crap to spend it on..great!!

darthplagis
Sep 24, 2006, 03:32 PM
yeah synthing is THE way to go for wepons, as long as you have the ingredients you are fine. (just wish i knew how to read JP so i dont need to sit with reams of paper with item translations on hehe)

Kaply
Sep 24, 2006, 03:45 PM
Only works at the level mechtra is describing. You go higher and you're going to go broke making weapons since the success rate goes down significantly. Granted right now if you want 5* items you don't have a choice, except to buy from other players or make it yourself.

darthplagis
Sep 24, 2006, 03:55 PM
yeah i expected online to be much more tight with the goodies than offline. i cant wait till the EU 360 version so i can get online.

mechatra
Sep 24, 2006, 03:58 PM
On 2006-09-24 13:45, Kaply wrote:
Only works at the level mechtra is describing. You go higher and you're going to go broke making weapons since the success rate goes down significantly. Granted right now if you want 5* items you don't have a choice, except to buy from other players or make it yourself.

Kinda, depends on how good you are at synth item hunting. I've got a couple of 5 star synth items equiped at the mo.

I'm only lvl 22, granted the boards cost alot, but good lord are they handy.

Saner
Sep 24, 2006, 06:48 PM
well it encourages ppl to save their money for more important stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif