PDA

View Full Version : Being a Beast

RamenEater
Sep 24, 2006, 01:56 PM
I wanted to be a beast hunter but i'm worried about the ranged attacks. They also have low accuracy so wouldn't a human hunter be the best? Since they can do good melee and ranged damage?

DizzyDi
Sep 24, 2006, 01:58 PM
Well if you're a hunter you shouldn't be worrying about ranged attacks very much in the first place, especially beast hunter. They shine in close-range damage, they have the def,hp, and the evasion to get in on the nitty gritty and whoop some tail. Humans can do it, but not nearly as well.

Zarbolord
Sep 24, 2006, 02:00 PM
Triple post? Nice. Back to the topic. There are many weapons and objects that make ATA better, also beast are known already before the US realease to be excellent hunters, so I wouldn't change if you decided that. For ranged weapons you have two choices: use the most precise ranged possible or just don't use them. the point is that a beast hunter is a purely relaible as a tank, but less as a ranger. Point is, don't bother with ranged weapons unless you want to do expert wargunner, so then, yes, take human.

RamenEater
Sep 24, 2006, 02:00 PM
I'm just worried, if i were to go solo or something, I wouldn't be able to survive if there were flying monsters.

Zarbolord
Sep 24, 2006, 02:19 PM
You have a point, but the thing is... YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO SOLO!!!!! Hm.
What I mean is, that if you're a ranger you do the ranger stuff, if you're a hunter you do that, a force does it's job. Then you have the strategies, like debuffs for forces and ranger and tanking for hunters, as an example. If you're going to do some solo, then get a ranger PM, that's the best I can tell you. Get either GH-430 or GH-440. One's a shotgunner the other a handgunner, so they'll probably help you out to get rid of flying enemies.

RamenEater
Sep 24, 2006, 02:20 PM
oh nice, i forgot about those PM's. Sweet thanks =D

Zarbolord
Sep 24, 2006, 02:22 PM
My pleasure. Ofcourse, if you train them enough they'll have another bunch of weapons, which ones? I have no idea, but you shoudl try them out. Also, if you really need to use a gun, get an Ice handgun, it's debuff isn't bad, dual handguns if possible, they're quick and reach a high debuff (but for hunters that might be another story). That's all the help I can give you. GL for your beastu!

Vetto
Sep 24, 2006, 02:24 PM
Heh I say don't Sweat it, I plan to be a Beast Myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif, Thou ill miss my Resta I think I'll do just fine. Remember It all ways more fun to be in the middle of the battle then on the sidelines with a gun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vetto on 2006-09-24 12:27 ]</font>

RamenEater
Sep 24, 2006, 02:25 PM
I agree vetto =D. I plan to use hand to hand weapons, following my monk path from FFXI lol.

DizzyDi
Sep 24, 2006, 02:27 PM
On 2006-09-24 12:00, RamenEater wrote:
I'm just worried, if i were to go solo or something, I wouldn't be able to survive if there were flying monsters.

Its not like Beast ATA is so bad that you'll miss EVERY SINGLE SHOT with a pistol. If there are flying enemies it might take 4-5 shots but you'll still kill them with a pistol, just don't attach any Bullet Arts to your pistol and you should be fine.

Vetto
Sep 24, 2006, 02:30 PM
On 2006-09-24 12:27, DizzyDi wrote:

On 2006-09-24 12:00, RamenEater wrote:

Its not like Beast ATA is so bad that you'll miss EVERY SINGLE SHOT with a pistol. If there are flying enemies it might take 4-5 shots but you'll still kill them with a pistol, just don't attach any Bullet Arts to your pistol and you should be fine.

And to quote off that to get Behind a Enemy is 100% Accuracy so if they fly try to get behind and shoot.

Zarbolord
Sep 24, 2006, 02:36 PM
If you're solo you'll have a problem, unless you have Pegasus Boots or something http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif They keep concentrated on you as you're the noly player there.

mechatra
Sep 24, 2006, 02:49 PM
As already said, don't fret it. You're not going to be missing every shot, plus because you're a beast chances are when you land one or two good hits you're really gonna do some heavy damage.

I use my Beast with great pleasure, wouldnt have any other race. Feral FTW.

Flamingo99
Sep 24, 2006, 04:00 PM
Can't you get NPC Partner Cards online? if so then you have some meat sheilds for soloing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-09-24 14:04 ]</font>

mechatra
Sep 24, 2006, 04:03 PM
By doing the tutorial yes. You will get the NPC card of your respective races tutor.

Humans - Hyuga
Newmans - Maya
Beasts - Leo
Casts - Lou

From experience Leo seems to be the most handy to have around, though he's still alittle stupid.

Flamingo99
Sep 24, 2006, 04:03 PM
Can't you get NPC Partner Cards online? If so you have some meat shields for soloing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-09-24 14:04 ]</font>

mechatra
Sep 24, 2006, 04:04 PM
Yes they can act as meat shields, but if they die, you're the one loosing out on Rank at the end of the mission.

Kaply
Sep 24, 2006, 04:13 PM
They don't die that easily when fighting against even level stuff, at least from my experience with Leo. One other benefit, when I was using him with my ranger he did more damage... when he attacked anyway.

Flamingo99
Sep 24, 2006, 04:28 PM
Well I wasn't thinking more or less about farming/item hunting. But even looking at Ranks, I'd rather have the damage split up between me an a NPC, than all the damage focused on me. I think it would be easier to get a better Rank with some NPCs than on your own. Also (off-topic), lets say you do solo and you die. What happens?

mechatra
Sep 24, 2006, 06:30 PM
You get the option to go back outside the city (or Rest stop). Once this is done, you can just join the game you made earlier, and continue the mission.