PDA

View Full Version : Error 51, you're sooo not fun.

DMG
Sep 24, 2006, 03:34 PM
So I came to terms with the fact that I'm too impatient to wait a month for my PSU fix, so I imported it.
I registered my account and game code/ID etc and was able to play offline. I smiled.

I then decided to give online play a go. (realizing I'd probobly be soloing anyway since most of the people that imported are probobly lvl amazing by now - I hear there's even 50's already, heh)
This is when the horror begins. I get up to what I assume is the user agreement, hit enter to accept and am hit with "No. 051" each and every time.

Poking about on the forums revelaed that this error is caused by login congestion. However, I've tried several times now for over a week on both servers at various times of the day/night with no success at all.

I'm about at my wit's end. I'm almost positive I filled everything out correctly and I doubt it's my internet connection as I can do everything (including log into other MMOs) fine.
Is this error common for everyone, or am I just screwed in a non-sexual way?

Kaply
Sep 24, 2006, 03:48 PM
Shouldn't be that bad of a problem I have no problems getting into world1 right now. Double check to make sure you registered the game key. Might be something with a firewall or port setting on yourside.

Cross
Sep 24, 2006, 03:50 PM
Basically, just jam on Enter until you make your way in. I don't have problems with it anymore unless I'm trying to play during Japanese primetime or on a weekend.

If you're really having problems with it and can't log on after maybe 5-10 minutes of trying during a Japanese non-peak time, it might actually be on your end, but I'm not sure exactly what would cause that.

zandra117
Sep 24, 2006, 04:01 PM
When you log in instead of logging off tape one of your controls down and idle in the lobby all night. If you have to do something on your PC just minimise the game. That way you will pretty much only get kicked off during maintenance.

mechatra
Sep 24, 2006, 04:01 PM
Or try world 2?

I've been on there since it opened and I've never had any server congestion problems even during JP primetime.

Ether
Sep 24, 2006, 04:20 PM
Error 51 is not always because of server/login congestion. The fact that you're getting to the user agreement shows that. Try shutting down all firewalls and anti-virus software and trying again

See this thread for more info: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=118022&forum=20&39

DMG
Sep 24, 2006, 04:39 PM
Or try world 2?

I've tried several times now for over a week on both servers

Thank you all for the suggestions and thank you Ether for the link. I'll try fiddling with things on my end.

Hmm..that last statement sounded kinkier than I intended.

Polly
Sep 24, 2006, 05:17 PM
I had the same problem first day the game was out and spent the entire day staring at 051s and cursing a lot. It turned out that I needed to add the PSU directory+sub-directories as exceptions to my anti-virus software (NOD32). I've known more than a few others who've solved the problem by doing so as well.