PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Expert Class

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 24, 2006, 05:08 PM
I realize that no one has achieved expert class yet but its supposed to even the game out some more (even though newmans/humans get better stats anyways).

I plan on being a newman ranger but I'm not sure of what to make my expert class. Assuming expert class is almost as good as it's primary class counter-part, would I get more damage as a Hunter with PA's or would having buffs put my ranger damage up to par with hunter? Don't mention the damage techniques since I am fully aware off the damage.

So whats greater? Hunter attacks/PA's or Force Buffs/Debuffs?

Kupi
Sep 24, 2006, 06:12 PM
I can't tell you what to do, since, like you said, nobody's been there yet. I think you ought to be aware of the third option, though, which is the "Fortegunner". Instead of gaining expanded melee or tech-casting abilities, the Fortegunner gains the ability to use all Ranger weapons at their maximum level (S-ranked weapons), while sacrificing the ability to use any other type of weapon. Like I said, I can't answer the optimization question for you, but if you want to use the absolute best guns in the game, consider Fortegunner.

LoneVandal
Sep 24, 2006, 06:39 PM
Are you insane? How can anyone answer that question if no one is playing as those classes? No one can even cast buffs online yet, so how would anyone have an inkling of how to answer you?

What is a "primary class" ? If you mean Ranger, then why would EXPERT Ranger be "almost as good" as a normal Ranger?

I would imagine FO buffs on a Hunter would always cause more damage than buffing an RA since HU do more damage to begin with. I'm still lost trying to figure out what you're getting at.

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 24, 2006, 06:54 PM
OK to specify what I mean into a simpler form: Would hunter melee be more powerful than a buffed gunner?

I had no idea buffs were not yet available online. . . I'm offline.

By primary class I mean that a person who takes ranger and then expert classes as a hunter/force would have better ranger abilities than a force/hunter would if they took ranger expert class. To sum it up, the expert class is probably not as good as taking the class as a 'primary' if thats a decent way to word it.

Ether
Sep 24, 2006, 06:58 PM
On 2006-09-24 16:54, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
OK to specify what I mean into a simpler form: Would hunter melee be more powerful than a buffed gunner?

I had no idea buffs were not yet available online. . . I'm offline.

You know that offline hunters and rangers can use wands right? So you can easily test the effectiveness of support spells yourself

Overall the choice is up to your own playstyle, a ranger who stands back and shoots with a rifle all day isn't going to find much use with melee abilities

CpwninOBrien
Sep 24, 2006, 09:04 PM
wait is there pistol=whips in this game like in halo???

Alisha
Sep 24, 2006, 10:19 PM
if RA/FO gets access to longbows i think a newman guntekker could be very powerful.

McLaughlin
Sep 24, 2006, 10:39 PM
On 2006-09-24 19:04, CpwninOBrien wrote:

I am officially evicting you from this topic.

Sev
Sep 24, 2006, 11:13 PM
On 2006-09-24 20:39, Zeta wrote:

You just gained +50 awesome points for saying that.

It's like people have already said, it depends on your play style. If you feel that you'd want buffs, then you should go with Guntekker. If you never plan on meleeing, go Fortegunner. And if you plan to melee and use ranged, then go Fighgunner.

I think... Against a Fortefighter, they'll still do more damaged if your buffed up. And why would you be buffed and them not anyway? Well, you get what I mean... It's because their main stat is ATP, if they didn't hit hard it'd make no sense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2006-09-24 21:13 ]</font>

CpwninOBrien
Sep 24, 2006, 11:35 PM
is taht a no then???

Sev
Sep 24, 2006, 11:45 PM
On 2006-09-24 21:35, CpwninOBrien wrote:
is taht a no then???

That's a no buddy.

CpwninOBrien
Sep 24, 2006, 11:47 PM
ahh well thx im usin duel sabers neways

fireant
Sep 24, 2006, 11:49 PM
On 2006-09-24 20:39, Zeta wrote:

On 2006-09-24 19:04, CpwninOBrien wrote:

Nice use of evicting.
I think he want to know if you can pistol whip (the action of hitting someone with your gun). I dont have the game yet but it looks like no.

LoneVandal
Sep 25, 2006, 03:06 AM
No, you can't hit people with a gun. When it runs out of ammo it does not regen fast enough for you to keep fighting. The only weapons you can keep fighting effectively with are melee weapons. Force staffs and canes do not have melee attacks either, the only way to attack using them is by assigning them spells and casting until your TP runs out (which takes MUCH, MUCH longer than it does to run out of gun ammo).

Sev
Sep 25, 2006, 03:15 AM
^

Because you shoot MUCH, MUCH faster then a Force casts.

I bet there's alot of times that you wish you could just throw your gun or beat someone to death with it though. Just completely defy the games physics... I'd pay to see a Ranger throw his Rifle at the dragon after it ran out of PP... I'd pay more if the Rifle actually got the killing blow. You think you could use First Person mode when throwing the gun?

Alright... I'll stop. Seriously though... I'd really like to see that...

LoneVandal
Sep 25, 2006, 03:28 AM
FO also do 4x as much damage, Sev. Trust me, there is no comparison. Rangers are totally fucking scewed so far in PSU. Especially since the nerf last week.

Sev
Sep 25, 2006, 03:38 AM
Ya know what... Just dismiss the whole previous post if you read it...

Every class is going to have it's advantages and disadvantages and it's not my place to tell someone not to be worried over there classes problems. If you think Ranger is completely fucked... Then that's just what you think and hey... You have your reasons to think so.

All I know is that I don't mind how Rangers function, and I have no choice but to accept any problems that they have because I'll be playing with one constantly.

In other words... Whatever problems come up for Rangers... I'll deal with 'em without any complaints.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2006-09-25 01:43 ]</font>

DizzyDi
Sep 25, 2006, 06:32 AM
On 2006-09-25 01:38, Sev wrote:
Ya know what... Just dismiss the whole previous post if you read it...

Every class is going to have it's advantages and disadvantages and it's not my place to tell someone not to be worried over there classes problems. If you think Ranger is completely fucked... Then that's just what you think and hey... You have your reasons to think so.

All I know is that I don't mind how Rangers function, and I have no choice but to accept any problems that they have because I'll be playing with one constantly.

In other words... Whatever problems come up for Rangers... I'll deal with 'em without any complaints.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2006-09-25 01:43 ]</font>

LEARN FROM THIS MAN.

Minswune
Sep 25, 2006, 10:42 AM
On 2006-09-24 20:19, Alisha wrote:
if RA/FO gets access to longbows i think a newman guntekker could be very powerful.

I'm dieing to try this combo once the us version is released .-.