PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Question

RamenEater
Sep 24, 2006, 05:52 PM
How many weapons can you specialize in as a hunter?

Tystys
Sep 24, 2006, 05:54 PM
In terms of close ranged combat? I would say around 11

RamenEater
Sep 24, 2006, 06:21 PM
Hmm, well i mean how many can you excel in, because I heard you can only max out levels with a few weapons of your choice. Unless I heard wrong.

Invisible1122
Sep 24, 2006, 06:47 PM
You can get up to 36 Photon Arts at a time if that's what you're asking. I'm pretty sure you can use whatever weapon you want.

Saner
Sep 24, 2006, 06:49 PM
all of the blade-type weapons. and basic guns.

RamenEater
Sep 24, 2006, 11:52 PM
Ahh ok i see, and each weapon has how many PA's?

anmato145
Sep 24, 2006, 11:53 PM
2-3 i THINK

Ether
Sep 24, 2006, 11:54 PM
Online: Melee weapons only 1 each right now, guns have 4

RamenEater
Sep 24, 2006, 11:57 PM
Hmm ok i'm still a little confused. A while back I read that there will be 6 hit combos in PSU. In PSO there were regular and strong attacks, but now in PSU there are regular and PA attacks? Can someone explain to me how this combat works, im so confused.

LoneVandal
Sep 25, 2006, 12:37 AM
Ramen it is simple. You mash Square to do a normal combo, which involves no timing now, and there are no "hard" attacks to mix in. You hit Triangle once and you do an auto-combo Photon Art that increases your damage per hit and costs your melee weapon some Photon Points. If you use your Photon Art 1,000 or so times (less if it hits multiple enemies), you'll get L11 with it (the PA not your character level) and it will unlock an additional part of the Photon Art combo if you hit Triangle again at the end of your first Photon Art combo. The additional part of the combo adds tons of damage / knockdown usually and is worth doing once you get it, but you can option out of executing both parts of the combo if it only took one to kill the monster. The extra combo takes another shot of your PP to execute, is why you wouldn't always want to use it.

Some day PAs will be allowed past L20, at that point (L21 we're guessing) you will get a 3rd hit attached to the combo in addition to how much stronger it becomes just from leveling up. That means hitting Triangle 3 times total to do a super mega death combo of doom.

Each weapon is supposed to get 3 Photon Arts to choose from, which means 3 parts to each, which means 9 different Photon Art combo animations per weapon total.

No, you can't mix and match Photon Art combo segments, each of the 3 will contain 3 unique animations by L30 doing varying damage and crowd control.

What this means is, you could have 3 Double Sabers in your quick swap bar, each with a seperate 3 part Photon Art combo if you leveled all 3 PAs up to 21+

Whatever, it is up to you. The point is there will be assloads of variety in melee when we get the rest of the weapons and Photon Arts.

RamenEater
Sep 25, 2006, 12:40 AM
sounds pretty sweet