PDA

View Full Version : Questions about servers, grouping, guilds...etc

Cymdai
Sep 24, 2006, 07:05 PM
Ok, let's keep it simple.

1] How many servers will there be, roughly how many people will there be per server, and is there a http://www.pso-world.com ''official'' server¿ Like, do a bunch of you from this site plan on playing on one particular server¿

2] Grouping. How does looting work, how difficult is it to find a group, is there a specific ''form'' for a successful party, and how long does it take to set up a good group¿ I ask because I'm an FFXI vet...and let's just say, grouping could be nightmarish.

3] Guilds. Does PSU have a guild system, what are the benefits of guilds [social, crafting; I didn't hear anything about end-game in this game, so raiding didn't seem to be a factor], and is the a http://www.pso-world.com guild planned¿

Fairly simple questions. If they can't be answered, then don't =]

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 24, 2006, 07:19 PM
1. JP version has 2 Worlds, each with 36 Universes. We don't know anything for certain server-wise for the US/EU version.
2. There are several topics on this already, try using the search function to find one.
3. No guild system, thank God.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ffuzzy-Logik on 2006-09-24 22:46 ]</font>

Losodo1976
Sep 24, 2006, 09:21 PM
Looting can be controlled by the leader of the party. This isn't an MMO so there is just a few simple loot rules, free-for-all, master, etc...

This game is pretty much only tight, online combat with a kick-ass chat system. The usual online RPG sh*t is in there though, trading, selling stuff, some basic crafting (I think) but it's mostly about customizing the deep combat system, hunting for rares, and teamwork.

There is no raiding and this game isn't a huge persistent world like WoW or EQ2. It's more like Guild Wars or Diablo 2. The combat areas are instanced group areas, but unlike Guild Wars you can create an instance and people can come and go as they please from that instance.

What separates this game from typical PC MMO's is that the combat is actually fun, lol.

Spellbinder
Sep 24, 2006, 09:25 PM
1. JP version has 2 Worlds, each with 36 Universes.

For some reason after opening World 2, there were less servers between the two.

Tetsuro
Sep 24, 2006, 09:28 PM
Grouping is absolutely nothing like FFXI.

When creating a group the team leader goes Through a specific doorway. Here he will choose the team name, make a password if he feels like it, he also chooses the mission the team will be doing and its difficulty (rank). Now he is seperated into his own instance and he can invite others to join or others can join without any invitation at all, unless there is a password. I believe you can also set it so that people cannot join mid mission.

Now if you are not the one creating the team and would like to join one, you simply go through the same door and opt to join a game rather than create one. A list will then appear of active groups and you simply choose one you want join.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tetsuro on 2006-09-24 20:04 ]</font>

Spellbinder
Sep 24, 2006, 09:47 PM
Go to an NPC? I just walk through a doorway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif and go to the game creation menu.

xzeekzx
Sep 24, 2006, 11:05 PM
so, if you wanted to set up a group with 6 of your friends, you would make a password, and only tell them it basically? or can u all go in together?

Losodo1976
Sep 25, 2006, 12:42 AM
^ Yup.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Sep 25, 2006, 12:49 AM
On 2006-09-24 19:25, Spellbinder wrote:

1. JP version has 2 Worlds, each with 36 Universes.

For some reason after opening World 2, there were less servers between the two.

Ah, yes, I do remember reading that, seem to have forgotten it though, lol.

Either way, original post is fixed.