PDA

View Full Version : question about Nanoblasts

DJ_Phantasy
Sep 24, 2006, 09:26 PM
are the Nanoblasts all that helpful? I'm am teetering on being a Beast Hunter or a Human Hunter. Beast for their Nanoblasts and Human for their versatility. As a hunter, will the Nanoblasts really help my contribution to the group? or will I do just fine w/o it as a human hunter? Also, are the beasts low ATA really that big of a problem? I've been playing quite a bit of the extra mode w/ a beast hunter and haven't run into any problems w/ missing too much, but I understand that online is different. if I could get answers from people who have played as a beast hunter online that would be great http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

side question: does anyone think that beast hunters will be overplayed?? (I'm trying to stay away from the class that might get a bad name due to the fact too many "bad players" chose it *see: NE Hunters WoW*)

thanks again =D

DJ_Phantasy
Sep 24, 2006, 09:27 PM
whoops one more thing, I'm think of using a Human too incase I choose to go FO for a while and switch it up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Alexandrious1
Sep 24, 2006, 09:29 PM
Search button is my best friend! Is it your best friend? I bet it is!

/sarcasm off

DJ_Phantasy
Sep 24, 2006, 09:58 PM
thanks... I forgot to mention that I've been reading and researching information on this and I've pretty much scouraged this entire site... or else I wouldn't be asking this question... but thanks for your contribution =P

Alisha
Sep 24, 2006, 10:00 PM
well there isnt really much info out there on how practical nanoblast is,but i've heard it can carry boss fights and that people will expect you to save it for boss fights.

DizzyDi
Sep 24, 2006, 10:02 PM
From what I hear Nanoblasts are pretty helpful, especially when it comes to bosses. You can pretty much decimate anything in your way when transformed, Humans can't even begin to touch that kinda power. ATA is the only thing a human may have over a beast when it comes to just straight up being a hunter, but in a game like this stats don't matter nearly as much as skill so while you may be whiffing a little more than any other hunter out that (heaven forbid you have the press the attack button 2 GASP maybe 3 more times) but if you equip yourself intelligently (say like buying GRM or Tenora weapoins which have a WAY higher ATA rating than Youmei) you'll be alright.

mechatra
Sep 25, 2006, 04:28 AM
Along with the fact that the latest patch has dropped Nanoblast charge times. Now I find myself NB'ing every 3-4 large groups of enemies.

P.S. Dizzy, at times Youmei actually has better Accuracy than GRM, this is clearly evident in their Daggers for example.

Kaply
Sep 25, 2006, 07:07 AM
There are times you do NOT want to use a nanoblast.

1 - your dodging skills suck.
2 - you have no force in the party.

Noone has mentioned this yet to my knowledge but a beast in nanoblast form cannot self heal as they cannot change panels to use items. The damage also seems relative to your levels. For now it scales better than 5 star weapons + ~10% elemental advantage.

Cause_I_Own_U
Sep 25, 2006, 12:37 PM
Dont humans get more slots or some shiat

Alisha
Sep 25, 2006, 12:49 PM
On 2006-09-25 05:07, Kaply wrote:

Noone has mentioned this yet to my knowledge but a beast in nanoblast form cannot self heal as they cannot change panels to use items. The damage also seems relative to your levels. For now it scales better than 5 star weapons + ~10% elemental advantage.

1. speed badge problem solved
2.invincibility or def badge problem solved gain.

Kyuu
Sep 25, 2006, 12:52 PM
On 2006-09-25 10:37, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:

Dont humans get more slots or some shiat
No. SUVs take up the Extra Unit slot, but Casts can go without an SUV in favor of a different Extra Unit if they wish. Nanoblast tattooes don't take up any slots at all.

Edit: Kaply answered my question, changed post accordingly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-25 10:56 ]</font>

Kaply
Sep 25, 2006, 12:54 PM
On 2006-09-25 10:49, Alisha wrote:

On 2006-09-25 05:07, Kaply wrote:

1. speed badge problem solved
2.invincibility or def badge problem solved gain.

If you go the route of speed badge, might as well not use the badge, your weapons (as a hunter) will probably do more damage.
If you use invincibility, same as above.
If you use def badge, you still can take damage, it depends on how much higher in level they are compared to you.

Tattoos don't take up any slots.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kaply on 2006-09-25 10:54 ]</font>

Zarbolord
Sep 25, 2006, 12:57 PM
It's worth using the nanoblast. And if you want to switch to FO being a beast, then choose a female character.

Rosaria
Sep 25, 2006, 02:05 PM
are invincibility blasts that bad? And I was looking forward to those too : (

Scirrocco
Sep 25, 2006, 02:23 PM
Do you think you'll ever want to try expert jobs? Be a figunner or wartecher? If so be a human. They will multiclass better. Beasts are good pure hunters and fortehunters.

mechatra
Sep 25, 2006, 05:07 PM
I find the Zuid Val (Yellow) blast badges effects very VERY usefull. I've actually missed frequently in Nano form using other badges but have never missed once with my Zuid Val hits, Also the rise in EVP is suprisingly good.

I'm lvl 22 and during a B rank Dragon run, I blocked all the hits from a full stream of fire directed at me.

Using any other badge besides the Vunde Val (blue) I would've been destroyed by that.

Kindaichi
Sep 25, 2006, 05:51 PM
How is the red badge?

mechatra
Sep 25, 2006, 05:58 PM
Strong. Really strong.
But I've actually died twice whilst in that form.

It's completely my own fault really. I was rather overtaken by sheer damage potential and wasnt paying attention to the damage I was taking, since you dont flinch in NB form and theres no way of healing yourself.

With a Force or two in the team Red NB is damn powerful.

Kaply
Sep 25, 2006, 06:20 PM
Lacking in player skills vs dragon fight http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

mechatra
Sep 25, 2006, 06:35 PM
^ Yeah to be honest I really shouldve dodge'd rather than keep combo'ing and take the damage, but We had two forces on the team, and they were healing.

Beasts job during bosses is to do damage and focus on that alone, I wasn't really threatened by dying at the time.

None the less if I was solo'ing and died from that, I shouldve probably thrown my copy of PSU out the window to excuse my rubbishness.

: P

Kaply
Sep 25, 2006, 06:43 PM
It's best to tackle the dragon from the neck area where it meets his body. You can see his head tilt and tell which direction he's going to breath and just either move to the other side or combo into the other side. Female beasts might have more movement with their combo attack so might be easier. If your party lowered the head well, can't help you there.

Keyeszx
Sep 25, 2006, 08:05 PM
okay i have a wuestion with the speed badge do ur attacks attack faster or is it teh same cuz im trying decide because if their is something better then the atk badge or inv badge and by better i mean their is something special to it